Sweeney Sweets

By angelicc_flowerss

When 20 year old Calliope Sweeney's recent boyfriend cheats on her the very same day she graduates from culin... More

Foreword
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
Authors Note
Announcement
Lovers Lessons (Final Blurb)

Chapter 42

19.8K 540 66
By angelicc_flowerss

We just showered, much too tired from the day before and then he drove me back to the offices to get my car i'd parked further down, and I remember frowning like a little kid when we got there.

Then we got out his car when he parked beside my own and he walked around to me as I tied my hair up and walked over to him, one hug and one kiss and a hundred little warnings that came from me too please call me, he said okay every time but I still kept reminding him and im pretty sure I would've set automatic call timers for him if possible.

From my way there I went home, thankfully my brother wasn't already there so I got ready and changed into my own clothes, and like a freaking teenager, began hiding the hickeys on my neck with a layer of foundation and some canceler.

The skin on the left side of my neck was more red than my own skin color, but it didn't make me angry.

I noticed the hickey i'd given him when we were showering in the morning but I knew he couldn't care less if anyone saw it anyway, no one would question him, but in my case, i'd definitely get bloody interrogated.

When I was done I smiled like an idiot the entire way down the stairs, practically skipping to the kitchen and then to the fridge to make some early dinner, thinking about Rhys the entire time but to force myself not to after I was done cooking, I watched a movie, and soon later, I fell asleep.

I'd only woken up on Monday morning the day after I felt asleep and was absolutely horrified when i'd realized i'd probably missed a call or text from like the entire world.

So I shot up from the mattress downstairs and got my phone from the counter, still half groggy.

All i'd got was texts from Spence and Kauai after i'd told her to tell Kiana that I was safely at home, and another few texts from our group chat.

And that's it.

Nothing from Rhys, just that.

Was he already regretting this secret dating thing? Or was he just busy with work? I couldn't tell, and my stupid brain leaned towards the first explanation as if that made more sense as to why he hadn't called me last night or this morning.

But honestly, maybe he was just tired from his flight.

I sent him a text, asking him if he was okay, and I waited for sometime as I did mindless tasks around the kitchen area, including getting myself some eggs and toast with my coffee, but when I went back to sit and eat, I saw that i'd still got nothing.

I swallowed harshly.

And then the awful thoughts started seeping in and I almost slapped my damn self for thinking the worst of us almost immediately.

I put my phone off when I was done eating and turned around, pushing it into my sweats pocket as I walked upstairs, a light sensitivity lingered between my legs still, reminding me of the nights before and I felt a tingle run up my spine at the thought, shaking my head at myself.

It was hard not to think about Rhys now, maybe it was the honeymoon phase of dating, but seriously my mind couldn't stray away from him, and it scared me how much more I'd felt with him.

With my ex's i'd just liked them all the same. I didn't really believe love and liking someone in a romantic way was as described in poetry or even books, or any quote. I thought people just romanticized it because it was a concept so easy to romanticize.

But to an extent, all the writers weren't lying.

It was really engulfing, it was consuming and the worst part is that i'd willing let my mind be consumed by Rhys and forget everything else.

Did he feel that way about me too?

"What're you thinking so hard about?" My brother asked as he passed by me in the hall and I blinked away from the floor i'd been staring at as I walked up here, looking up to him instead.

"Huh?"

He rose a brow at me, and under his scrutiny I almost recoiled back, as if what had happened was written on my forehead. "Did something happen to you? You look out of it."

I blink, "Gee thanks, but its probably wedding food withdrawals." I mumbled the lie out softly as I walked over to my bedroom and around him.

Even if I knew it was most likely a Rhys withdrawal.

I had an urge to check my phone for his text again but chose not to, instead I walked over to the bedroom and opened my door before closing it behind me, throwing my phone on the bed, and getting to the bathroom to shower before I get to work.

✶ ✶ ✶

I turned my phone on when I left for work and still nothing, and I almost threw my phone out the car window but instead I just sighed and made my way through the day which went by fairly fast, till Anakin suggested we close early and go to the beach.

Good distraction, I thought as I shrugged and went along with then.

We didn't keep swim suits on us of course so we'd closed up and walked over the pier to a place that looked something like a gift shop with swimming attire, we got our stuff and I left in a red swimming costume, laughing at Anakin as he fell back on the sand when McKay threw the awfully pricey as well as awfully huge beach ball at him.

I put my phone down along with my other stuff on the beach before I went over and we proceeded to play volleyball, Anakin, Effy and I in one team and the others in the other team, and we played for what felt like minutes but when it got dark it affirmed us it was late.

We stayed longer till it was around night time, swimming in the beach and laughing but helping Henrietta to learn how to swim too since she had no idea how too.

When McKay showed us it was nearing 8pm on his phone we got our towels and walked back to the bakery to dry off.

When we got in we put our clothes over our swimming costumes before we left, everyone hungry as we went to a restaurant nearby since nobody was in the mood to cook.

"Im starving." Henri muttered as Anakin came up between us and threw an arm around my shoulder and I nodded in agreement, "Same, I ate last at like one." Anakin said and we all nodded, the bakery was fairly busy till four when we closed up so we had to had time to eat again.

"We need to do this more often." Emilia said. "It was fun."

It was really fun, plus we needed to cool down a little once awhile, I mean I loved my bakery, as well as my employees but sometimes i'd preferred just being casual with all of them, they'd become my friends and I didn't mind that because they still treated me with respect during work time, exactly how it should've been, but outside of work we were able have a bond similar to friendship and it might not work for some but it did for us.

We slipped into a booth once we got inside the restaurant, three one side and three on the other, of course Anakin beside me, leering at my phone screen and I flicked him away.

"What're you staring at the screen for?" He asked me inquisitively and I shrugged, putting the phone screen down as I leaned forward on the table using my elbows for support.

"Its a very long and very uninteresting story." I told him as I looked through the menu, noticing a waitress come this way.

"Oh stories fun." Effy said with a clap and I chuckled at her eavesdropping. "Theres no story." I said, wanting to scratch at my neck where i'd lathered waterproof concealer.

Seems like my boyfriend was just, fuck and leave type.

I swallowed, remembering something Spencer told me long ago about guys, when they get the girl they start losing interest.

So basically summed up, guys like the chase.

Sure she told me that in twelfth grade and he was a man, not some boy, but did that apply now? Did he only want me because he couldn't have me? And now he'd realized what he wanted? And it wasn't me anymore?

Scratching at my eyebrow lightly I swallowed the dryness in my throat away, my appetite slowly diminishing but I refused to not eat over this.

So when the waitress came I ordered a fish burger and chips with a cold drink that i'd most definitely finish before my food even got here.

Anakin made a joke about me eating fish after swimming in the beach and I slapped him upside the head as the others laughed.

I shook my head with a small smile at that, feeling a vibration near my arm and I looked to the phone.

I turned it over and saw his name, he was calling me.

My heart jumped into my throat. And I stared at the call.

I stared at it till it disconnected, letting out a soft sigh, I was busy right now, i'd call back later.

So instead of worrying about that, I put the phone in my back pocket, the phrase, out of sight, out of mind, coming to thought as I looked to them with a smile, joining in on the conversation.

✶ ✶ ✶

"You hungry?" Ambrose asked when I got home and I shook my head, "I ate already." I said before I put a brown takeaway bag onto the counter, "And I got you a hamburger."

He sighed, taking the brown bag with him on his way upstairs, "Now i'll have to eat it."

"No you d-"

He ran up the remaining steps up to avoid hearing me before he disappeared around the corner and I rolled my eyes.

I took my phone out from my pocket and looked to the screen for the hundredth time today.

Rhys had called me later again, but I didn't answer, it was now around eleven and I decided that i'd just call him back tomorrow morning since I was more than exhausted.

I got upstairs into my bedroom and locked the door, going to take a quick shower and changing into pajamas before I got my phone in hand again, turning it off and putting my lights off, and finally sleeping.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.6K 2.2K 34
After fleeing from her scumbag ex and quitting college over three years ago Joanie Collins has now rebuilt her life running a little bakery back in h...
729K 22.9K 42
แ—ฏแ•ผแ—ฉT'ี แ—ฐแ—ดแ—ฉแ‘ŽT TO แ—ทแ—ด แ—ฉแ’ชแ—ฏแ—ฉYี แ–ดIแ‘Žแ—ชี IT'ี แ—ฏแ—ฉY. Mature themes and strong usage of language Rank #2 Mature ( 02.11.2020) #2 Billionaire ( 06.1.2021 ) #1 o...
11.9K 562 39
Riley has been single for over 4 years. By choice. Great family, good friends and happy with her career as a Thoracic Nurse Practitioner. But when he...
12.3M 395K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...