Falling For Haneef

Bởi Kulthumm_a

Haneef Isa DanLadan and Saleem Idris Yahaya have been bestfriends all their lives, all the challenges you can... Xem Thêm

Authors note
Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26
27
28
29.
30.
Finale.

15.

89 10 0
Bởi Kulthumm_a

Getting all dolled up isn't my thing but right now I have to. " Ameerah shouldn't let me see her around If not I'll beat her" That's Tayibah, we're all getting ready for Khairiyah's dinner at Juwairiyah's place. " Wallahi, she has the brain of a fish" Juwairiyah adds as Tay Tay touches up my face. " I should have followed my heart instead of trying to be at peace with a deceased and an ungrateful human being"

" Well we told you so" Tayibah comments, dropping her eye liner on Juwairiyah's dresser. " I'm glad you're willing to do what's right finally and I am also glad you took Haneef away from your stepsister, she doesn't deserve him at all" Juwee's doing her own makeup, she's way better at painting her face than I am. " Even after all what you did to make her happy. She has the mind to treat you like this, she's very stupid. How in the world can a 23 year old person be like that"

" maturity no be by age " I respond. " I forgot to tell you guys Reedo's coming back to Kaduna for a few weeks" Juwairiyah says and I can already imagine the big smile on her face since I can't move from my seat. Tayibah is almost done with my head-tie. " I can't wait to see him again, he must be all fresh now"

" Of course he is, you've not been seeing his pictures in her gallery or what. Even when they're doing video call, he's just fresh anyhow" Tay Tay says as she finally let's me take in my look in the mirror. " Aww the turban is fine Zakiyah, you look so pretty" Juwee squeals and I give Tayibah a thumbs up and all she does is roll her eyes with a proud smile. " get up let me get myself done. Your dress is on the bed" I join Juwairiyah to take a selfie, meanwhile I'm still in my bathing robe.

My dress is long and fitted with a sweetheart neckline and statement long sleeves. Juwee passes me a set of jewellery, necklaces, earrings, a bracelet and a ring. " It's real silver and rose gold. It'll go with you dress and don't worry you can keep it"

" I wasn't planning on giving it back" I say as she helps me wear the necklace. It's nothing extra, just a pendant with two hearts, the silver heart is much bigger compared to the small rose gold heart locked together. That's the theme for the earrings, bracelet and ring too. " I look really nice" I've never looked this good in a while.
" Of course, I helped you. Come help me zip my dress please" Tay Tay's finally done getting herself done. She didn't apply much makeup, just really red lipstick, eye liner, something to her brows and mascara for her lashes.

Soon enough, after taking pictures and goofing around in videos, we were all ready. I finally got to drive my baby in a long while now and yes, I felt like a boss while driving me and my girls to the venue, Syde Resort. " You haven't mentioned Salman in a while Tay Tay" she sat on the passenger's seat beside me while Juwairiyah sat at the back. " Well that's cause there are more important stuff than my relationship with him"

" You guys are in a relationship?" Juwee asks. " no madam, we're just getting to know each other more and more"

" And are you hopelessly in love?" I ask. " Do I really look like someone that can really be hopelessly in love with someone?"

" who knows"

Syde Resort was filled with people, and massive statement cars. Of course it's meant to be grand, it's the wedding of the daughter of the owner of Ladan Shipping group we're talking about. The event had already started when we arrived, the bride and groom were making their entrance along with their entourage. The hall was decorated very nicely, with nice flowers around and disco lights flashing all over.

Khairiyah looked very beautiful, she was wearing a royal blue and black lace fitted dress with a long train and a blue veil pinned to her head scarf. She looks absolutely stunning and was dancing along with her groom and bridesmaids as they entered the venue. I made sure she got to see me, and also apologised for hiding away from them. She was glad that I was present, it added to her joy today. " Have you seen Haneef?" I ask Tay Tay who's streaming the couple's entrance beside me. " Nah, I haven't"

" Juwee have you?" Same negative response. He didn't text or call me today and I want to surprise him with my presence. Oh my goodness.

Our table for Meadows 2019 gave us a really good view of the happenings around, we watched the bride and groom share their first dance and it really was beautiful. I'm honestly happy that Khairiyah found someone who loves her so much, I wanted to cry when he was asked to say a few words to his bride before they shared their first dance as a married couple.

" We didn't plan to do this but sure. Khairiyah's my reason to see hope again in life, she's my beautiful pillar of strength. Whenever I'm losing myself she's always there to help me catch my breath. You're everything I never thought I would find and Alhamdulillah that I've been blessed with you. No words can explain how much in love I am with you, today's the beginning of a beautiful journey for the both of us. I'm going to be building a beautiful family and there's no one I would have loved to build it with other than you. You're my new home now, everything we went through is certainly worth having us here today. I love you so much" His words were enough to melt everyone's heart. He had hugged her tight after pouring his heart out and kissed her forehead, I literally screamed. She was living every lady's genuine romantic dream, to have someone who cared so much and felt immense love for them. Even Khairiyah's words to him were beautiful, they're a match made in heaven. They compliment each other, she's basically tiny and he's tall and muscular, Ma sha Allah. They're the cutest couple I've seen this year.

" That was beautiful right?" A gasp escapes my lips as I let the words voiced from the person behind me sink in. " Ah Haneef, she has been looking for you" Juwee says and I immediately face palm myself, she really didn't need to sell me out like that. " oh really. Well good evening everyone, I'm Khairiyah's elder brother" he answers, greeting everyone present at our table. " Evening. I never knew Khairiyah had a very handsome elder brother" Mary Ann says, responding politely to Haneef. " If you may excuse us please, I need to talk to your classmate in private" he says, pulling my chair so I can get up. Am I that light weighted for goodness sake?.

After rolling my eyes from the winks my bestfriends sent my way as I got up to leave the table with Haneef, I walk by his side outside the event hall. " You look absolutely beautiful Zakiyah" He says, the minute we step out of the hall. " Well I'm just taking in your look and you don't look that bad" He looks drop dead gorgeous. He's wearing a black shaddah, babban riga and a matching cap. His side burns are literally making me drool, he's so handsome Ya Allah. " I'm sure I've swept alot of girls off their feet just by smiling at them tonight" He says as we walk side by side, farther away from the hall enjoying
the cool night's breeze and stargazing. " Why would you smile at them?"

" Why won't I smile at them when they smile at me?"

" You're giving them hope"

" Well do I have any reason not to?" Yeah he got me right in the middle of my heart. He stops in his heels and stands in front of me, making look up into his eyes. I've missed seeing them. " You ignored my existence for good four days Zakiyah"

" I was trying to think"

" You should have told me. Do you know how I panicked cause I was scared I was never going to see someone I loved again?. Do you know how scared I was thinking what happened with my mother was all replaying itself and...."

" I love you Haneef" I honestly can't believe I made him feel this way. Successfully shutting him up, I pour my heart out " I'm never going to leave your side, I promise. I'm sorry I made you feel this way. I was just so confused and staying away from you was what I thought was going to help me but no, missing you killed me every single day"

" Zakiyah honestly, I understand why you're scared of being with me. I really wanted to avoid falling for you, I thought we'd be better off as friends but I guess it's true that you can't choose who your heart falls for. I wanted to get your stepsister back, I told myself I was never going let go of Ameerah but along the line of keeping you safe for Saleem, I fell in love with you deeply" He says, taking hold of both my hands. " I thought I'd get over you as time flew by but look now, time pushed me to you" I respond with tears of joy in my eyes. I guess I'm ready to let what I feel for Haneef blossom, even though it'd be hard to erase my memories and entire feelings for Saleem, I'm willing to overlap it with what I feel for Haneef.

As he pulls me into a comforting hug and I let my head rest on his stomach, yeah I'm that short. I hear my besties squeal and instantly move away from Haneef, " oh my God I saw this coming" Tay Tay squeals while Juwee does the craziest happy dance I've seen her do in a while. " I'm so happy you guys have settled what's in your hearts" Juwee says as they surround I and Haneef. " do you know who told us to come check up on you lots?" Juwee asks again.

" Who?"

" Your sister-in-law" my goodness. " Well now that all this is settled, can we please move back to the hall, I am very hungry" Tay Tay says already walking ahead of us. " Yeah let's go, they served us when we left" Juwee's already following Tay Tay. " Well soon to be Mrs DanLadan, hold my hand" Haneef says, displaying his palm with long, slender fingers for me. " Why?"
" won't you claim your property?" With a blush on my face, I place my small palm in his and as he intertwines them, my heart begins to race faster. I can't believe all this is actually happening.

Haneef's parents were glad to see me beside her son all through the night, even daddy was happy that I had moved on. I haven't moved on from my feelings for Saleem, I'm accepting my new fate and hoping It'll be beautiful, just like what I and Saleem would have had. Saleem's siblings were present at the wedding and I got to deliver my warmest greetings to them, I had to seriously control myself from breaking down all over again when I saw Hafeez. He's someone I really need to avoid if I really want to move on with my life.

The dinner ended on a good note and by 9:00pm, I was driving back home with my bestfriends. We're having a sleepover at Juwairiyah's place and our plan's to watch the last Marvel Avengers movie, Endgame. " we actually need some sleep after all that dancing" Juwee says as she comfortable beside me under her covers. There's something always so welcoming about Juwairiyah's bed, it's very soft and comfy. " Endgame first, don't you even think of sleeping" I say while chewing my cookie. I can't go to a sleepover without Fox's. " can we begin?" Tay Tay asks and with a thumbs up she presses play on the macbook. This is going to be a fun night.

********** ********** **********

Luckily for me, Habeebah's car isn't in when I drive into our compound early in the morning. I'm planning on staying indoors today and just doing things to earn me some peace of mind, like reciting my Qur'an and reading some translations of some surahs. Maybe when I'm done with that I'd work on my caligraphy skills, and read a book. Waiting for admission into the university is a self-reflecting period. I have no plans of stepping out of the house this weekend.

Entering the living room, I find the house empty but a smile spreads across my face as I set eyes some on mom's works that was right on the wall of the staircase. My mother had an amazing talent.

After taking a bath and changing into fresh and free clothes, I get on with my agenda for the day after confirming to Haneef joining us for dinner later tonight.

There's this peace of mind that comes with giving your self space away from everyone to meditate, think straight and heal yourself from any scar. With proper ventilation and airy clothes, I achieved that and even more. I watched some self-reflecting YouTube videos too, they help me get my mind set for what life has to throw, how to deal with people and how to have a successful mindset. I got to settle my mind and heart with the current phase I am in my life, accepting all possible facts. Basically, I healed myself.

7:00pm after maghrib, I started preparing dinner, Rice and Stew with Turkey and one of the maids helped me make the onion salad. We had varieties of drinks in the fridge and chilled water to choose from so I made sure everything was settled before finally going back up to my room to pray. By 8:00pm, I walk back down to the living room to wait for Haneef and daddy and to my greatest dismay, I meet Ameerah pulling down her suitcases down the stairs. She didn't tell me she was going anywhere. " Where are you going to?" I ask, getting up from where I sat on the couch. " Abuja" she answers hastily, busy with her suitcases. " oh let me help you, you should have informed me that you would be leaving now" I respond, trying to help her with a bag and she instantly slaps my hand away.

" When you were busy updating your relationship status, how could I?. Please leave me alone, I can pack my things myself, I don't need your help" oh wow, just back off Zakiyah. With a deep sigh, I say " Well Safe Journey" and turn to walk away. " is that all what you'll say really?. After I told you my true intentions why didn't you stay away from him?" At that moment, Daddy and Haneef walk into the living room without Ameerah noticing. " your true intentions were selfish Ameerah, that alone made me realise that Haneef deserves more than you. You're not worth his time"

" And you think you are?. Who in the world do you think you are?. Because your father is rich or what, you think you're worth alot?. Behind your goody goody two shoes I'm sure there's a bitch" She spits, making me amazed by her audacity. The Same person I went all out for is right here throwing words at me. Wonders will honestly never end. " Only a bitch knows a bitch. I'm honestly not going to condone your disrespect so before I lose the little respect I have left for you, I'd advice you to leave now. Just be going, I can call help to make it quicker"

" Zakiyah, calm down" I hear Haneef say from beside me, taking my hand in his, intertwining them. I follow Ameerah's gaze and meet them on our hands, she's fuming. " He's going to break your heart, just you wait and see"
" Jealousy isn't healthy Ameerah" Haneef says as she walks past us, not even acknowledging the presence of the man that took her mother in solely for her sake.
Once, I thought she was nothing like her mother but I guess selfishness, greed and inconsideracy runs in their blood.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

12.6K 1.2K 40
Genevieve had a crush on her boss. Yes, HAD. After witnessing how much of a cold, dead-on-the-inside grinch he was, she gave her interest in the man...
14K 2.1K 39
Featured on Ambassadors Africa's & NG Reading Lists A NIGERIAN ROMANCE NOVEL Coupled with the guilt of killing a friend in the university, John Sal...
164K 32.1K 62
| PUBLISHED ON HINOVEL | | PUBLISHED ON RNOVEL | | PUBLISHED ON READOO | | PUBLISHED ON VOLCANOEBOOK | "Love is needing someone, Love is puttin...
85K 13.4K 52
" Idara it's not like that , let me explain . " He said begging her again but she had made up her mind. "Look everything and everyone is saying it's...