ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ • ᴛʜ.ᴊᴋ

Af EuphoricOnyx

Taehyung wasn't expecting to end up with his brand new billionaire boss, Jeon Jungkook, as a flatmate (more l... Mere

|| After LOVE ||
01 || Hide & Seek
02 || Frosty & Beach-head
03 || Mamma Mia!
04 || Coffee Date? Nah.
05 || Feud with the Rangers
06 || A Butterfly Promise.
07 || Confab At Zero 'O Clock
08 || Spatula Witch's Curse
09 || Meet (with) the Jackass.
10 || Math Genius is a sidekick?
11 || Chim, The Blushing Rescuer
12 || Dilemma At Wit's End
13 || The Froyo Encounter
14 || Candied Storm
15 || Take You Home
16 || The Vivid Silence
17 || The Toast Talk
A/n

18 || Darn The Monday Blues.

966 80 73
Af EuphoricOnyx

|| Chapter 18: Darn The Monday Blues ||

Another advertisement call.

Jin slumped back in his seat, a tired sigh leaving his lips. He wasn't ready for this, at least not this early on a Monday morning.

Namjoon walked out of his cabin, eyes landing on the tired male, the very next instant. Jin, who had his eyes closed, remained oblivion to the fond gaze of the younger dimpled male, unfortunately.

Seconds passed before he sensed the presence beside him. Jin squinted his one eye open to look at the brave person who had the balls to make him work during his break time.

Oh, it's Namjoonie.

Jin's lips curved up in a lifeless smile which only made the other chuckle and shake his head in understanding.

"Lazy Morning?"

"Monday morning... I'm too tired to even get my coffee from the pantry only 7 feet away. Can't I just go back to my bed?" Jin whisper screeched the last part, soft plum lips moulding into a pout.

"Let me help." Namjoon composed his posture to that of a bartender before politely questioning "How will you like your coffee, sir?"

"I would like my coffee as black and bitter as my soul."

"Pastel and sparkly then?" Namjoon beamed at him while Jin let out a genuine laugh.

"Yes, gentleman," Jin grinned.

"Right away, sir." Namjoon gave a small bow, refraining himself from throwing a wink at the other.

Jin slumped back again, head resting on the back of the chair while he swept his gaze across the room.

Taehyung and Jimin had their heads bent over a heap of papers, giggling occasionally at each other and busily discussing over something. Probably researching about the new project, Jin thought to himself.

Hoseok, sat there scratching his forehead with a pen and blinking in concentration- slash- confusion at the screen while Sasha, the sales executive, his assistant, straight-out laid there on the couch with a laptop propped on her lap as she typed away an Invoice--- the only human who looked comfortable, all the others seemed either tired or out of the world, the cause being unable to wake up from the stormy bliss of the weekend or a reckless party night.

Disrupting this mellow atmosphere was the gaiety figure of Jackson making its appearance, talking to someone over his phone.

"But I love you!" she chirped.

Jackson let out a sigh, before replying to his girlfriend on his phone."I'm not spending any more on your toenails."

"But honey! You're my one and only! The stars to my sky! The sun to my clouds! The p-"

"the butt to my kick. Now, Goodbye, see ya in the evening." Jackson said hastily. Ending the call, he skipped his way towards Jin.

Why is this guy being unnecessarily energetic? Jin eyed the other with a suspicious frown that edged on his handsome face.

"Hey Jin, whatcha doing?" He asked, full of vim and vigour.

"Bold of you to assume I will have an answer for that," Jin sneered, making him chuckle.

Jackson flicked a sideways-glance at Namjoon before leaning down to Jin's level, with a teasing grin. “Falling in love while on the job is ill-advised.”

Jin narrowed his eyes at the other. “Understood and disregarded,” he said through gritted teeth and pushed him away.

Namjoom came up with two mugs of coffee, offering one to Jin, he asked the other if he would like some. Jackson shook his head vigorously in denial and cast a sceptical look at the other.

"Don't you think you should reconsider your copious intake of coffee?"

Jin shot a glare. "Don't you think you should shut your mouth?"

"Grumpy much? Darn the Monday blues." Jackson went off to get himself a glass of water.

"Oh, that's a starfish!" Jin exclaimed, fingers tracing the tiny sculpture starfish amongst the cluster of fishes engraved on the handle of his mug, making Namjoon check his coffee mug for the tiny five-handed echinoderm.

Jackson knitted his eyebrows together, as he came back with his glass of water. “I don’t trust starfish. They seem cool and interesting, but they’re actually super creepy once you learn about them. Who’s funding their PR team?”

Jin looked at him with a confused stare. “Do you even understand the shit you say?”

"Uh... It's the side-effect of having your girlfriend back in town after a while, I guess." He hid his awkward smile behind the glass of water, sipping on it slowly. "Hey, dear brothers, would you like to join me for a game of Monopoly? This evening?"

"Don't you have to go back to your girlfriend?" Namjoon asked, perching himself on the edge of Jin's table.

"Do I look like a freak with a death wish?"

"Freak, yes. Death wish... with that attitude of yours, very likely," Namjoon said calculatingly, making Jin stifle a chuckle.

"Those are bold words for someone in stabbing range,"Jackson said sassily, squinting his eyes.

"Try me, bitch," Jin sassed back at him.

Jackson huffed. "Moving on, you in for a game, hyung?" He questioned without bothering to look at the other male, for he was sure Namjoon would join if the other agreed.

Jin sighed, his game-loving self not able to reject the tempting offer. "What's the rule?"

"Elders get the privilege" Jackson smiled sweetly at Jin, gaining a dirty look from the latter.

"Alright. If the game lasts over 4 hours you get the legal right to kill the person who asked to play," Jin replied with a vicious glint.

Jackson moved away from the table the next instant. "I quit."

~°•°~

Taehyung stretched his limbs, whisking off the tiredness from his sore muscles.

"Phew. We've finally gathered enough information on the company we're going to work with for the new project... This will do, right?" Jimin asked, cracking his knuckles and leaning back.

Taehyung nodded. "It should. Hyungs will have to go through these and then we'll probably get on with the next stage."

"We are done for today?"

"Almost, yeah."

Taehyung and Jimin sighed out in sync, slumping into a comfortable position and remaining silent, basking in the peaceful silence of the hall.

"How is Nabi?" Jimin asked, looking at him.

"Running around the hallways of her Uncle's office in flowery dresses, with him right on her heels," Taehyung smiled.

"Awww... I miss her," Jimin sighed in happy contentment. "Tae, why aren't you bringing her here? Do you have some personal rule or something?"

"I can bring Nabi here?! Is that even allowed?"

"Haven't you been to the playroom on this top floor?"

Taehyung shook his head in a 'no'.

Jimin chuckled. "This building even has a freaking infinity pool on the terrace. Looks like I did a very poor job in giving you an office tour."

Taehyung now nodded in approval.

Jimin narrowed his eyes. "YA! You didn't have to agree immediately!" Taehyung chuckled.

"Thank you for yesterday, Tae. Jungkook told me about it, you were of great help," Jimin said carefully, "They reached home safely before the weather worsened."

"Yeah, Jungkook messaged me." Taehyung smiled at the memory.

Jungkook had thanked him and had said that he would meet him on Tuesday as he won't be coming to the office on Monday, though he hadn't mentioned the reason... Taehyung had noticed that Jungkook was quite conservative when it comes to talking about personal life,  still, he was happy that both were safe and sound.

"Thanks to me, I drove them back home in time," Jimin grinned like a sweet boy fishing for compliments.

Taehyung shook his head. "I regretted later for sending them with you, knowing your brilliant driving skills, I was ready to tail you down," he teased.

Jimin shoved him off playfully. "That was a one-time thing!"

"I remember Jin hyung telling otherwise," Taehyung squinted at him.

Jimin sighed in defeat. "OK, maybe it has happened a few times before, but I have never injured a person, except myself, and I had a valid reason."

Taehyung raised his eyebrow in question. "And what would that be?" Jimin grinned, his earnest eyes lighting up in glory. "Match."

Taehyung hummed in confusion, "Uh?"

"We won the match-"

Taehyung's eyes slowly widened as realization dawned upon him. "Don't tell me- "

"The Championship- Korea vs. Japan! What more valid reason do you need?"

Taehyung looked at the blonde in bafflement. “You’re terrifying, you know that?”

“I’m going to take that as a compliment.”

“Good, because I’m not really sure if it was one or not.”

Jimin sighed, shaking his head in pure sadness. "You lack patriotism."

"You lack humanity!" Taehyung retorted back, "Patriotic, my ass,"

"Ass... oh- that reminds me, was that Mr Yoongi's house?" Jimin asked eagerly.

Taehyung's eyebrows crinkled in confusion. "Why does "ass" remind you of my hyung?"

Jimin cleared his throat, blood rushing to his cheeks, colouring the milky skin a bright red. "For obvious reasons" he mumbled under his breath but enough for Taehyung to hear, "Anyways, answer my question, Tae."

“Aw, your face is all red. Are you feeling sick?”

“I’m going to kill you.”

Taehyung tilted his head, tongue poking his inner cheek in a tease. "No no, Mr Tomato, I can think of more fun things you can do to me.”

“Tae..." Jimin whined, "Just answer my questions, yeah?"

"There is more to come? Lemme tell you beforehand, I'm not going to sell information of his personal life," Taehyung warned sternly.

Jimin smiled at him. "You are an awesome friend," he shook his head, "No, I'm not gonna force you to spit things on his privacy. Just a few general questions, okay?"

Taehyung nodded, folding his arms over his chest. "Only three. No arguments. Now Shoot."

Jimin breathed out."Fine. First, his house-"

"Yeah, that's his house. I'm staying there for now."

"Right."

Jimin looked down at his feet." I know that I'm just speculating, but still, I take you as my dear friend even though we met not long ago and... I don't wanna romanticize my friend's boyf-..." he paused, letting out a shaky breath. "Tae, by chance, are you his- "

Taehyung hunched down in laughter before pulling him into a hug, "No. He's not my boyfriend! We are not in a relationship, we've never thought of each other in that light," he pulled away from the hug and looked into the other's grey eyes. "He's my brother, and you can, by all means, chase him to any length."

Jimin side-hugged Taehyung, almost crushing him.  "Thank you, Tae Tae! Uff... I'm so relieved. I didn't get a wink of sleep last night."

"Silly chimmy. You could've called me anytime," Taehyung lightly smacked the blonde head. "Now, what's the last question?"

Jimin bit his bottom lip, nervously, before asking his final question," Will he like me, or should I buy a copy of 'How to Make Friends and Influence People'?"

*****

Hey yah, Lovelies!

This was a loooong chapter, nearly 2000 words--- Sideships having their deserved limelight time.

Anyways, did they make u smile? A little bit?

Another update will be made soon!

Remember to boop that little star(vote) button!

Vote, SHARE & Comment!

-EuphoricOnyx-

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

427K 23.3K 46
Story by Cutegir2002 ____________________ Jeon jungkook loves his girlfriend Lim Somi the most in the world. He is ready to do anything for her. Jeon...
153K 5.5K 45
Kim taehyung....The famous CEO in Korea's biggest company... extremely rude....cold and arrogant...who doesn't believe in love or marriage like shit...
144K 5.7K 25
where the workaholic son of Jeon gets arranged marriage with taehyung who is shy, kind and sassy!!! Jeon Jungkook living with a deep secret maybe a...
61.6K 2.2K 44
A story where two strangers from different backgrounds become one. Kim taehyung and upcoming actor who has a very challenging life with his fami...