A Mutually-Assured Attachment

By killingGrey

Our eyes made love to each other long beforehand. You were something that felt so new yet so familiar to me... More

Sterling & Henderson
A Change Is Gonna Come
Turn Back Time
This Is How We Do It
Speechless
Clarity
If It Is You
Crazy Over You (a)
Crazy Over You (b)
Just Like Heaven (a)
Just Like Heaven (b)
Everybody Gonna Talk
One Step Too Far
Told You So
Cast
Paradise by the Dashboard Light
Let The Angels Commit (a)
Let The Angels Commit (b)
Catastrophe And Cure
Where Do We Go From Here?
A Hard Day's Night
Adrift And At Peace
The Bed's Too Big Without You
Love Turns You Upside Down
I Was Made for Lovin' You
Announcement

It's Alright, I Am Only Bleeding

43 6 1
By killingGrey

Look at you! You're on the cover! Isabelle said showing her the business magazine while eyeing Everly suspiciously.

Put it away! Everly said.

You're like a rock star, of the business variety. Isabelle added still observing her.

Please put it away. Everly said shaking her head.

Oh, nice picture cover girl. Your eyes really pop. Hayden remarked while looking at the magazine then to Everly, wondering what happened the other day.

Oh, for God's sake. Thank you. Everly replied.

You're not gonna autograph this? Hayden teased.

Oh, get it away. Everly said rolling her eyes.

Really, Peyton? The cover? Caleb exclaimed.

Stuff happens. Everly shrugs.

Stuff does not just happen to you, you happen to stuff. Caleb replied laughing.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I hate the picture. Everly said chuckling.

It does, actually. Thank you. Caleb replied still laughing.

Why are you here? When did you arrive? Everly asked.

Two days ago. I used the private plane. Caleb replied. You never left your room, just now. We are worried about you. What happened? He added.

And you two, Everly said pointing at Hayden and Isabelle. I told you both to go back to New York, what are you still doing here? Everly said ignoring Caleb while shaking her head.

Peyton, it's us. You can talk to us. Caleb said worriedly.

I'm tired. Look, I don't want to talk about it. I can't talk about it. I just want to go to my room and crawl into bed. I want to be alone. Can we do that, please? Everly said.

Caleb, Isabelle, and Hayden sigh deeply while looking at Everly disappeared from their sight.

--

Where is Everly?! Someone suddenly yelled while entering the house.

Taylor? Isabelle asked confused.

Taylor, what are you doing here? Caleb asked.

I need to see Everly, now. Taylor stated.

Third floor, third room to the right. Hayden interject. Taylor looked at her for a second and hurriedly went to Everly.

Wait, Taylor! Isabelle shouted but Taylor ignored her.

What is happening? And who is Taylor? Hayden asked confused.

Something is definitely off. Caleb stated.

While everyone is in disbelief and wondering what is happening, they heard Everly and Taylor arguing and almost shouting at each other while descending to the stairs.

Shut up! Just shut up already. Everly exclaimed.

I won't shut up and you know it. We need to talk about this like an adult and we need a plan here. Taylor retorted.

Hey, hey. Everyone calm down. Caleb stated. What the hell is happening.

Everly is-

Taylor just shut it! I am fine. Please... Everly said looking at Taylor. The other girl sighs and shakes her head then sits on the couch.

By the way, Hayden this is Taylor Sterling Preston. Isabelle said.

Taylor smiled. Nice to meet you, I am a fan. She said.

Nice to meet you too, Taylor. Hayden commented.

I am sorry about the shouting and everything, Hayden. Everly said and Hayden just smile.

Taylor is our cousin. Caleb said looking at Hayden. Now, can the two of you explain what is happening? He added.

Taylor stand up and looked at Caleb. Piece of advice, cut this vacation off and don't take your eyes off your sister, I am worried about her.

They all looked between Taylor and Everly more confused than ever. I don't understand. Caleb stated.

And Everly, I'll see you soon. Okay? Don't be stubborn. Taylor said kissing Everly's forehead and the other girl just nodded. Lucy and Jennifer said hi. She added.

Wait, Jennifer is also here? Are you two back together? Isabelle asked.

Taylor paused a little then answered Isabelle. Um.. yes and no! Anyway, I need to go. And oh, your sister, Cameron was with us. Taylor added looking at Hayden smiling and just like that she vanished from their sight. Hayden nodded confused.

Peyt-

I need to be alone, Caleb. Everly started walking away from them.

It's fine Caleb. I'll take care of her. Hayden commented. You and Isabelle enjoy the rest of the day and tonight we are going back to New York as Taylor mentioned. She added. Caleb sighs and nodded.

--

Hayden tried to contact her sister Cameron but failed miserably. She just left a message saying that she needed to contact her immediately.

Hayden let go of heavy sighs before knocking on Everly's room. Hey Eve, can I come in? She asked. Minutes have passed but Everly didn't answer. I'm here okay if you needed me. Hayden added and decided to sit on the floor in front of Everly's room.

Hayden heard a noise inside Everly's room and slowly, Everly opened the door. Hayden immediately stood up and hurriedly come closer to Everly.

You've been crying. Hayden said caressing Everly's face.

I am okay, Monica. And I am sorry. Everly replied avoiding Hayden's gaze.

No, you are not okay. I am here, and you can tell-

I can't, Monica. I am not ready to talk about it. Everly commented interrupting Hayden.

I understand. I am here, no matter what. Hayden said.

Thank you, Monica. Where is everyone? Everly asked changing the subject.

Caleb and Isabelle went outside, probably enjoying the water under the sun. Hayden said chuckling.

Why you didn't join them? Everly asked.

Excuse me? I don't want to be on the third wheel, I'd rather be here with you. They both laughed at her comments.

Come here, cuddle with me. Everly said shyly and Hayden happily obliged.

The room filled with long comfortable silence, enjoying each other arms wrapped in their bodies.

What are you thinking? Everly suddenly speak.

I am thinking about having a concert but you're with me. You're playing instruments while I sing. Hayden answered.

I love that. Someday, in time, we will do that. Everly said then kiss Hayden's forehead. I am very sorry, Monica. But please know that I do love you. She added.

You'll make me nervous, Eve. Hayden replied and Everly chuckle a little and she snuggles closer to Everly.

--

Hey, everyone ready? Caleb asked looking at Everly and Hayden.

Actually, change of plan. Everly stated.

But-

Listen to me first. Everly started interrupting Caleb. You and Isabelle will go back to NY tonight as the original plan.

And? Isabelle said waiting for Everly to continue.

And Eve and I will fly back tomorrow. I made a plan for us tonight. Hayden answered.

Ohhhhhh... intriguing! Isabelle teased.

Are you gonna be all right? Caleb asked Everly worriedly.

I will be, besides Monica is with me. Everly replied reassuring her brother.

Okay, we need to go. We have a plane to catch. Isabelle said.

I'll leave the private plane. Caleb stated.

Thank you. See you soon and take care, okay? Everly and Hayden bid goodbye to the couple and Everly immediately asked Hayden about the plan that she was not aware of.

So, what's the plan?

Hmmm.. you'll see. Hayden winked at her.

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

833 162 30
We are told that if it's not perfect it's not enough. We are called insane for breaking every rule. We are told that we should change and only then w...
612K 13.2K 37
she was different. her blue eyes. her dimpled cheeks. her green and black hair. her tattoos, her nose piercing that glistened in the light. she didn'...
437 7 22
spencer, i'll remember how i'd loved you. even after i saw the hate behind your sweet eyes and messy statistics. even after i heard casually cruel wo...
280K 10K 51
"If we fall in love, we might get hate..." "I can live with that, just to be close to you." "I we fall in love, we might lose some of our friends..."...