Since I've Been Given Another...

De howtragicnowhelpme

They say you should always be careful about what you wish for. What complete and utter fucking 𝘣𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘴𝘩𝘪... Mai multe

o. ┃previous
i. ┃sleepyhead
ii. ┃unaccountable
iii. ┃calm
iv. ┃visible
v.┃lopsided
vi.┃unlikely
vii.┃cloudy
viii.┃drawer
ix.┃procedure
x.┃application
xi.┃efficiency
xii.┃media
xiii.┃possession
xiv.┃skill
xv.┃philosophy
xvii. | subversion
xviii. | permission
xix. | finding
xx. | indication
xxi. | significance
xxii. | direction
xxiii. | reception
xxiv. | environment
xxv. | analyst
xxvi. | wishing
xxvii. | assistance
xxviii. | dealer
xxix. | response
xxx. | system
xxxi. | priority
xxxii. | menu
xxxiii. | economics
xxxiv. | comparison
xxxv. | agreement
xxxvi. | weakness
xxxvii. | disaster
xxxviii. | payment
xxxix. | administration
xl. | artisan
xli. | scene
xlii. | affair
xliii. | outcome

xvi. | expression

2.5K 149 150
De howtragicnowhelpme

"For today's hero basic training, it's turned into a class with three instructors, All Might and me, and one more person," Aizawa announced from the front of the classroom. "We had to move around a few of the classes to make up for classes being cut short yesterday. Don't expect this to happen again in the future."

"Excuse me!" Sero raised his hand, leaning to the side from behind Jiro. Aizawa lifted a small card at the question, the word 'rescue' printed in bright blue letters.

"Disasters, shipwrecks, and everything in between. It's rescue training."

The class's faces seemed to rise at the reply, a few of them smiling. "Rescue..." Kaminari let out from his seat, a bead of sweat running down his cheek at the thought. He turned his head to the smiling girl beside him, raising a brow. "Looks like it'll be a lot of work this time, too, even though we had it easy yesterday."

"Right?" Mina turned her head with pumped fists, nodding her head. Kirishima leaned forward in his desk from behind the blond, catching the male's attention in the process.

"Idiot, this is the duty of a hero! My arms are ready to rumble!"

"No one can beat me in water, kero," Tsuyu commented.

"Hey, I'm not done," their teacher said, disrupting the class before they could get any more excited. The class turned silent at the call, not wanting to interrupt whatever the man was about to say. He held a tired expression as he began speaking once again. "Since we're doing rescue training, we've brought in another student from one of the other classes to participate as well. They'll mostly be helping out for today so don't treat them too harshly." With a single glance, he gestured towards the door. "Hurry up and introduce yourself."

The students watched with anticipation as the door opened, a young girl coming through. H/c hair bounced slightly behind her as she walked, turning towards the class once she was at the front of the room. Her hands were folded in front of herself, e/c eyes providing a single glance around the other students. With a twitch of the eye, she managed a single smile. "Thank you all for having me today," she said. "I'm Soma Masami. Please treat me well."

"You can decide if you want to wear your costume or not this time," Aizawa continued with a nod once she had finished, the girl moving back to the wall. He moved a remote out from his pocket, the familiar costumes sliding out from inside of the wall. "Because there are probably costumes that limit your abilities, too. The training will take place off-campus, so we're taking a bus. That is all. Start getting ready." Not waiting for any side remarks, he began to walk away from the front and out the door, leaving the class to their own devices.

"Masami-chan!" Midoriya let out with a wide grin. He practically shot out of his seat and ran to the front, much to Bakugo's apparent dismay as he let out a single curse. Y/N laughed awkwardly, scratching her cheek. "Did you sleep alright last night? I wish I could have visited you but I was already home when you started texting me..."

"It's alright Midoriya-san. I'm just glad we get to be in the same class for the day," the female replied back, a more placid smile. "Speaking of which, I hope you don't mind if I rely on you today. I'm sad to admit, but I'm feeling a bit nervous this morning. This is my first time being around so many other people outside of my class."

"O-Of course! I'm always willing to lend a hand if you ever need it..." His face had grown in a bright red, the boy's eyes darting to the side as his head bowed a bit. "You were one of my first friends here..."

"Midoriya!" Mina exclaimed, jumping up from her seat with an intense stare. Y/N tiled her head slightly before tensing, suddenly noticing the number of stares on her coming from the other students. She took a step back as a small crowd came forward, Midoriya simply giving a confused look. "You didn't tell us you had a girlfriend!"

Y/N choked on her own breathing as Midoriya turned redder.

"Y-Y-You're wrong! It's not like that!" The male shook his head at a shocking rate, his hands waving around everywhere. "Masami-chan is just a friend! T-There's no way we could ever date! W-We just know each other really well!"

"Morning Masami-chan!" Uraraka grinned happily, clapping her hands together. With a bounce to her step, she moved to the girl's side. Midoriya had scooted further back, still trying to explain his friendship with an extreme fever to the alien girl. "I can't believe you'll be spending the day with us today! When you came through the door, I couldn't believe my eyes!"

"Good morning to you as well Uraraka-san," Y/N replied. "My apologies for disappearing during lunch yesterday. I hoped we could have talked more."

"Oh, don't worry about that! I'm just glad you're alright! When Deku-kun mentioned you were in the infirmary yesterday, I got worried for a second. But seeing you in person again is reassuring." The brunette waved her hand, still smiling. "I wish we could have talked more too. You seem like a really nice person!"

"Aha, you're too kind."

"Come on, come on-" A voice hastily broke through their conversation, bringing the general department student's attention back onto the rest of the class. A grinning Kaminari stood a few feet away with his phone in hand followed by a Kirishima from behind. "You can't just hog all her attention to yourself. Give the rest of us a chance to talk to her. I haven't gotten any numbers from any cute girls yet."

"How vulgar," Momo quietly let out with a frown, her arms crossed. "Aizawa-sensei told us to not treat her so roughly so give her some space. You're all making her uncomfortable by surrounding her."

"I'm Tsuyu Asui but call me Tsu, kero," the frog-like girl introduced with a finger in front of her face. "I wonder why they placed you with our class for the day."

"I'm also wondering about that," Y/N mumbled before shaking her head, giving another nervous smile. "Thank you for your concern but I'm alright. It's only natural that everyone would be curious since I'm not a part of your class. But um..." Her face faltered, brows furrowing. "I didn't expect this type of greeting. I would have prepared myself more if I knew it was going to be this welcoming. It's sort of making me a bit embarrassed."

"You have nothing to be embarrassed about!" Uraraka shook her head, giving a pout. "How about everyone introduces themselves so Masami-chan knows who everyone is? You're probably still a bit uncomfortable because you don't really know anyone here yet, right?"

"That would be the best course of action," Momo nodded in agreement. She bowed slightly, a hand to her chest. "I am Yaoyorozu, the vice representative. I'll do my best to give you a hand if you have any questions about anything."

"I'm Kirishima Ejiro!" the red-haired male introduced, his hands hitting against one another. "Any friend of Midoriya is a friend of mine."

"I'm Kaminari Denki," the blond boy let out quickly. With a phone still in hand, he gave it a small wave. "So how about that number?"

"She barely knows you," Kirishima looked at the other male with a smaller smile, seeming almost apologetic in nature. "You can't just expect every girl you meet to give you their number."

"There's no harm in trying," the electric boy replied back with a wink. Y/N stifled a single laugh behind her hand, the boy's expression becoming more elated at the realization. "I know a few great places we could eat at if you're into that. So what do you say?"

Ochako gave a small laugh as Y/N blinked at the blond, still processing what he had just said. She blankly moved her e/c eyes down to his phone, staring at it in disbelief before her cheeks grew a slight shade of pink. She hurriedly ducked her head to the side, clearing her throat. "U-Um, perhaps later after class."

"Wait, seriously?" It was now Kaminari's turn to show disbelief, the boy appearing to be shocked he hadn't been outright rejected just there. But before long, it turned into a grin. "I'm gonna remember that alright? So you can't go disappearing once the day is over."

"I can't believe she actually agreed to that." The h/c haired girl turned her head towards the incoming alien girl, the first year quickly attaching herself to the other side of the general studies girl without mercy. "I'm Ashido Mina!"

"A pleasure to meet all of you," the girl replied back with a small smile, finally composing herself. "Your class is...quite lively?"

"What are the chances Midoriya's girlfriend would be in the class though!" Mina smiled, a quickly interjected denial coming from the male in the back. "How did you two meet anyway? Midoriya's kind of nervous when it comes to talking to other people."

"We met during summer," Y/N stated with ease. "He helped me out with something and we've just gradually progressed from there. It's honestly nothing to write home about." A shake of the head followed by a small frown. "I suppose Midoriya-san does seem to have quite the nervous streak when it comes to others. I was hoping it had gotten better since he seemed to have been making friends but I suppose I was wrong..."

"You're not!" the green-haired boy in question denied, blocking Ashido. "I-It's just become a force of habit at this point...And it's not just nothing! You were so cool when we first met! I was kind of scared you thought I was weird or something..."

"You are strange." E/c eyes went blank as green ones widened in shock, seeming disappointed for a second. "But for what it's worth, I can't say I exactly hate it. Plus, compared to Monoma-san and Hatsume-chan, you're a literal godsend."

"They're getting lost in their own world," Ochako hummed out as she watched the two intently. Ashido was grinning widely at the sight, Midoriya having grown a full-blown red once more from the girl's comment. "Was that even a compliment?"

"How come every time I get along with a girl they keep getting taken away?" Kaminari mumbled with a frown, Kirishima giving a more pitying smile his way.

"Better luck next time."

"What are you all still doing here?" Y/N stood still as the group surrounding her turned around to face the incoming class representative chopping his arm in the air. "Aizawa-sensei has already told us to get out costumes and make our way outside! We shouldn't keep him waiting!"

"That's right!" Midoriya cried out. He turned his head back to the girl, a much more appreciative expression now. "You're going to participate in the rescue training today, right? I'll try to come back as soon as I'm done changing and we can head out together!"

"Thank you, I appreciate it," the girl nodded her head in understanding.

"Let's talk some more on the bus!" Ashido happily waved. She quickly left the room in a hurry along with the two other girls, appearing to be wanting to get back as soon as she could. Kirishima was next to follow along with a more reluctant Kaminari who seemed very intent on the idea of staying behind to learn more about 'Masmai'. The other students who hadn't yet introduced themselves seemed to have already left to change, leaving only the two class representatives behind. Momo offered to stay with the general department student, but she was quick to reject the offer, knowing full well Midoriya was probably going to come running back so they could walk together.

"You two seem close," Iida commented. His gaze was neutral.

"I've had a lot of time to get to know him," Y/N replied. Although she tried to push it down, she couldn't help but feel her body tense at standing near the boy. Now that most of the class had left, there was nothing she could really hide behind. Her hand fidgeted at her side, eyes refusing to meet his.

"Midoriya did mention you were pretty cool when you first met...Did something happen?"

"Just happened to bond over an interesting villain fight over the summer," the girl replied smoothly. His eyes narrowed a bit.

"A villain fight..." A pause. "Excuse me if this is too forward, but exactly what villain were you two watching? It must have been an extremely interesting fight if he was calling you cool, but I don't think he's ever mentioned anything along the lines of such a thing."

"He must have been surprised there was another junior high student fascinated by hero fights," the girl smiled nervously, a piece of sweat coming down her cheek. She gave a forced laugh. "What's with all these questions anyway? I-I doubt the fight was as cool as you're thinking it is."

"It's nothing but pure interest!" Iida commented more loudly. It was clear he was reluctant to let go of the subject, his eyes lingering on her for a bit longer than they should have, but he receded. "I'm afraid I still have to change into my hero costume so I'll have to leave you for a bit. But if you have any issues, don't hesitate to ask for help! It is my duty as the class representative to make sure everything goes well!"

"Of course, you have my thanks," she assured. She gave a closed-eye smile and wave as he left the room in a rather march-like walk. The moment he left, her expression fell down as her hand went to her side. E/c eyes stared coldly at the door, a muted glance as fingers slowly clenched against one another.

Iida knew something she didn't and it was bugging her. She knew they probably wouldn't see each other much outside of Midoriya and today, but simply knowing he had apparently known Masami in the past was more than enough to cause her stress.  She still had little clue about who the girl was or what she was like in the past, meaning she was going to have to watch herself from now on. If she acted too strange, then Iida was going to get suspicious. But what was considered 'strange'? She had almost nothing to go on besides the fact Masami liked heroes and was stupid enough to think being an illegal hero was a completely safe option. Other than her being quirkless, she really didn't know anything. The only way she had gotten the information in the first place was from some random change which she still had no idea how to control. Who knows how long it would take before she got the next piece of information.

For now, she needed to watch herself and strictly avoid Iida. Yes, it would look bad but it didn't seem like they had that close of a relationship, to begin with. Iida was still using Masami's last name but also used a different prefix, meaning he most likely knew her for a while but they weren't exactly too close with one another since he didn't press her for much. He still kept a certain amount of distance around her and didn't ask anything too personal, concluding it must have been at least an acquaintance. While it was still undesirable, it was a little easier to handle.

She just needed to be careful.

A deep sigh escaped from her, eyes closing as her palms grew white from fingers digging into them.

But for now, she needed to focus her attention elsewhere.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The ride to the Unforeseen Simulation Joint went a lot more smoothly than she expected. As promised, Midoriya had returned back to the class to walk with her to the bus, an eager Ochako following along as well. She was still slightly uncomfortable with the amount of attention she was getting from the class but was able to suppress most of it the longer she spent around them. They were all pretty nice towards her despite her last-minute inclusion, with the exception of a few students who would rather keep to themselves. The girls were especially eager to talk to her much to her inherent surprise, practically crowding around her and the junior All Might. The h/c haired girl did her best to keep with their pace, finding it strange how open they were being with her. At some point, she had begun clinging to Midoriya, only noticing when she felt him tense up against her shoulder. However, if he did have a problem with her closeness, he didn't say anything, instead placing a hand behind her back in what she supposed was an attempt of comfort.

Following the usual spiel after being bombarded by the hero course, Aizawa had instructed them all to board the bus as a dejected Iida stayed to the side cursing his own ability to prepare for "that kind of bus". She was seated beside Tsuyu and Ashido, mostly at the latter's request and a bit of tugging. The class still pestered her about her apparent relationship with Midoriya, which she complied with far too easily for the boy's liking, but had mostly calmed down in favor of more casual talking. It was a short relief, the girl happy to have the attention finally off of her for the time being. As much as she did like most of the characters in the class, she also had her limits when it came to being around other people. Not to mention the fact that these "people" were also still a part of the main cast of characters. Sure, indulgences were good once in a while, but she wasn't about to forget her damn goal anytime soon. There was no way, no absolute fucking way, she was going to start befriending more of these kids anytime soon.

The bus continued on calmly, the students still chatting amongst themselves. E/c eyes blinked in disinterest, already knowing where most of their conversation would lead to. Actually reliving through the moment rather than watching it was a lot more boring than it seemed.

"How are you feeling, kero?"

"I'm managing," Y/N let out in a soft laugh. She met Tsuyu's haze slightly. "I suppose I'm still not quite used to this whole situation yet..."

"You did look pretty stiff this morning when Aizawa-sensei introduced you. But don't worry too much, nothing bad should happen. We have three people watching the class today after all."

"Aha, yes. I'm sure everything will go quite alright."

If only she knew.

"You're tensing up again," the frog girl stated point-blank, causing the h/c haired girl to jolt a bit.

"Must be a chill."

Tsuyu only gave a strange stare before her attention was brought elsewhere, commenting on Midoriya's quirk shortly after. Y/N only watched with slight interest, her eyes elsewhere upon realizing they were probably going to be getting off soon. As if to confirm her suspicions, Aizawa had gotten up from his seat in the front and was holding onto a rail, looking towards the front of the bus and past the many trees that surrounded the area. She frowned a bit to herself, her foot tapping the ground silently.

According to what she knew, Shigaraki had taken the class roster but hadn't made any attempts to attack the school yesterday. The school had been creepily calm all throughout the night, not one thing going wrong the entire evening despite her uneasiness. She could only assume the villain had decided to not go through with his previous plans because of her interference, something she now realized had been a huge mistake on her part. She should have just trusted things would have gone well rather than insuring, her errors placing her in her current predicament of not knowing what would happen today. There was the chance USJ would go well or the chance it would not, a pure chance of fate at this point. She absolutely hated it, being unable to really prepare for anything. She had done her best to list every possible thing that could happen but it was limited, seeing as she could only think of so much before running out of ideas. With reluctance, she decided it would be better to prepare for the worst-case scenario rather than expect things to go alright. If Shigaraki were to attack USJ, she just needed to make sure nothing went wrong. While she wanted to protect the students, she knew how foolish it would be considering she was one person. At most, she should focus her attention on Aizawa and Thirteen-

And that was one train of thought she was going to stop.

She could not interfere with USJ, no matter what. She couldn't risk messing this up. Midoriya almost losing his chance at getting a quirk was too close of a call that she couldn't have happen again. And most of the students should be fine. There was no way this universe would kill off their own characters this early on.

And yet...

Why did she feel so bad about it?

"We're here. Stop messing around."

The girl broke out of her train of thought upon hearing the teacher, the other students chiming in after. She shoved herself out of her seat to follow behind the others, ignoring the way her head seemed to pound against her skull. With a quick shake of the head and a gulp, she joined Midoriya into the unknown.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Everyone, I have been waiting for you."

"It's the Space Hero, Thirteen!" Midoriya exclaimed excitedly from the front. "The gentlemanly hero who has rescued tons of people from disasters!"

"Oh, I love Thirteen!" Ochako grinned, arms animatedly moving at her sides. The space hero gestured towards the building behind themself, gesturing for the other students to follow behind which they did so without complaint.

"Isn't this amazing Masami-chan? I know that U.A has a lot of heroes working here but I didn't think Thirteen would also be-" Midoriya was about to follow the rest of the class but stopped in his tracks, turning his head to notice his friend who had yet to move. He looked in stunned surprise, noticing the way her face seemed to be much paler than usual. She didn't even seem to register what he was saying, her eyes somewhere else despite looking forward. "Masami-chan?" he repeated, taking a step near her. It seemed to have worked, the girl breaking out of whatever trance she had been in previously. She gave an almost similar look back at him before shoving it aside, a sheepish smile instead replacing it.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. I must have zoned out there for a minute," she explained, laughing shortly after. She took a step forward and walked past him, giving him a tilt of the head. "What are you waiting for? We shouldn't keep the class waiting. Let's head inside."

He hesitated, his mouth moving to say something, but held it back as he slowly began to trail behind her. He knew she probably wasn't feeling too great after yesterday, seeing as she quite literally ran into a villain according to her texts, yet he couldn't ignore the way she looked just then. She had always been a hard thinker, losing herself in her own thoughts frequently. The boy couldn't count the number of times she had drifted off to somewhere else despite being in the middle of a conversation. However, the expression she had just then wasn't just her normal overthinking. Whatever she had been thinking about was enough to make her worry.

One that looked eerily similar to when they had encountered the sludge villain.

He bit back his tongue more. He didn't want to force an answer out of her. Masami wasn't the type to answer a question directly if she was pushed. But she seemed really worried about whatever she was thinking about...Midoriya would need to ask about it later. Right now, he needed to pay attention to what Thirteen was saying.

"Wow, it looks like Universal Studios Japan!" Midoriya heard Kirishima say once he was inside. It seemed they were still in the middle of explaining where they were.

"A shipwreck, a landslide, a fire, a windstorm, et cetera-" Thirteen extended their arms. "It is a training ground that I made with different types of accidents and disasters. It's called the 'Unforeseen Simulation Joint,' or 'USJ' for short!"

'It really is USJ..." the class collectively thought.

Aizawa walked towards the now-pointing teacher with his hands in his pockets, turning his head to the side. "Thirteen, where's All Might? He was supposed to meet us here."

"About that..." The space hero lifted a few of their fingers. "It looks like he did too much hero work on his way to work and ran out of time, so he's resting in the lounge."

"That's the height of irrationality." The underground hero paused for a second before turning to walk off to the side, frowning. "It can't be helped. Shall we begin?"

"Let's see...Before we begin, let me say one thing...er...or two, or three..."

Thirteen trailed off in the middle of their sentence, seeming to be adding more to their list. Midoriya listened but couldn't help himself from stealing a glance to his side, noting how audibly silent Masami had been throughout the entire thing. He was certain she would have made some sort of joke or something but she hadn't, the boy being met with a worse expression than earlier. His eyes widened once again, the girl's complexion incredibly pale by now. She wasn't looking at the teachers anymore, her eyes trained on the ground as her body shook silently. "Masami-chan?" he quietly whispered. He moved his hand, shaking her lightly on the shoulder.

"I..." Midoriya couldn't make out what she was saying, the girl's words being turned into mumbles. Her hand had moved to the one holding her shoulder, slightly tugging on it. "You'll be okay, right Midoriya-san?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" the male blinked out, not following the girl. She stopped, her brows furrowing before she released her hand from his.

"Nevermind," the h/c haired girl let out, her face entirely blank. Her fingers were tapping against her side. "Good luck today."

"Oh, thank you?" The boy was puzzled by the girl's words, nothing she said matching with her previous statement. Perhaps his worry wasn't unwarranted after all. "Is...everything alright? You know I'm here if you ever need someone to-"

The lights flickered.

The building appeared to dim as the boy tore his gaze away, bringing his attention back to the front. A warped muffled sound came from further ahead near the fountain that sat in the middle of the place, a sight he couldn't really make out very well from so far away. Their teacher's eyes seemed to widen as he turned his head back, the small gate from seconds ago growing larger by the second. A person was coming through.

"Gather together and don't move!"

There was a reason her face looked so much like back then.

"Masami-chan," Midoriya rushed out. Panic lined his voice as he took her by the shoulders, the girl staring at him in stunned silence.  He should have been more worried ever since yesterday. Her going missing during lunch only to encounter a villain. Her sudden discomfort and words. It had been so obvious, staring him right in the face. "Did you know about this?"

Her body froze almost instantly. The usual Masami, the one that was so casual about everything, had been replaced by something he had never once seen before in all the time he had known her.

In Masami's calm eyes, was nothing but fear. Her head ducked down almost shamefully, the boy's grip releasing ever so much as his face grew more panicked. "I..." she began, voice shaking. Her mouth quivered, brows furrowing in discomfort. "I didn't think anyone would believe me."

"This is no time for standing around! Hurry up and take shelter!" Iida called out to the two. By now most of the class had begun running towards the entrance, the class representative being the only one remaining. Midoriya quickly nodded his head, giving a single glance back to where his teacher had run off to, before dragging the girl alongside him. She faltered at first, not expecting the boy to drag her, but managed to keep up.

"I promise we'll get out of this," he muttered out, not looking back. He didn't need to, however, feeling the grip around his own hand being returned tightly. "So let me protect you this time."

He had been careless to think everything had been alright. Masami was by no means an idiot when it came to figuring things out, being able to connect things a lot better than he was able to. The fact she had felt like she couldn't tell anyone because she didn't think anyone would believe her, he couldn't let that happen again. She was supposed to be one of his closest friends. If she felt like she couldn't even tell him because she was scared he wouldn't believe her...his brows furrowed.

As they grew closer to the entrance, the floor began to distort before a similar-looking warp gate appeared on the floor. "I won't let you," a voice let out. Thirteen stopped the class before they could run into the emerging villain, the purple gate growing in size within a matter of seconds. It flowed in the air, purple and black together. "Nice to meet you. We are the League of Villains. It may be presumptuous of us, but we have invited ourselves into the home of the heroes, U.A high school, in order to have All Might, the Symbol of Peace, take his last breath."

The h/c haired girl sucked in a breath, blocking herself with Midoriya.

"I believe All Might should be here," the villain said nonchalantly. "Has there been some kind of change? Well, that is neither here nor there. This is the part I am to play."

Thirteen was about to use their quirk, their finger opening up at the extending gate, but stopped in surprise as Bakugo and Kirishima threw themselves forward. A large explosion went off as both quirks were used, a cloud of smoke emerging in the air and surrounding the area.

"Did you consider that you'd get beaten by us before you did it?" the redhead shouted, both arms in front of himself in a guarding position. Midoriya had shielded his face from the smoke like a few of his classmates, the girl behind him having ducked behind him entirely and closed her eyes.

"Oh dear, that's dangerous." As the wall of smoke dissipated, the villain was left standing. The mist flowed around him, shortly revealing a piece of silver that sat around his neck, before covering it. "That's right. Even if you are students, you are excellent golden eggs." Golden slits narrowed ever so much as they looked across the students. "It seems like another change has been made. No matter, this works out well for me."

"No! Move away, you two!" Thirteen yelled. Midoriya let out a confused expression before realizing what exactly the other 'change' had been, quickly tightening his hold onto the girl standing behind him. It was too late, however, the villain's body seeming to cover the students in an instant.

"My job is to scatter you all and torture you to death!"

Midoriya closed his eyes instinctively, a large pressure rushing over him as the pained sounds of his class entered his ears. He did his best to keep hold of the h/c haired girl but his grip slowly slipped, the pressure on the two strangely increasing.

The last thing he heard was a gasp as he lost his grip.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Y/N screamed as she felt the ground leave her, the air around her almost constricting. Her arms uselessly swung around as they covered her face before she could make impact with the ground below her, her body landing with a loud thud. It rolled to the side a bit, a groan escaping her as she finally stopped on her side. She winced, the ground leaving a few scrapes on her arms and legs. Her head struggled to lift up, hair completely disheveled by now. E/c eyes blinked dumbly as she registered where she was, noting the number of villains lying on the ground and the white capture gear that flew through the air.

She was fucking screwed.

"Soma-san!" Aizawa kicked a villain away from himself, goggles turning in her direction. He began making a run in her direction but was stopped by two villains stepping in his direction, an audible click of the tongue coming through. The message was loud and clear though, the girl doing her best to get off the ground.

Her hands pushed her body up, legs almost giving up as she stood. She faltered forward before stopping herself, ending up in a bent-over position with her hands on her knees. She shoved back a cough, forcing herself upright despite the burning in her body.

Most of the villains were paying attention to the underground hero and leaving her relatively alone, giving her enough time to find her footing. A grimace appeared as she watched the way the man threw himself at the next set of thugs coming his way, unable to stop herself from subconsciously taking a step away from the direction of the fight. Her head was pounding more than earlier, the sounds of the fountain from behind tearing through her ears violently. The fountain...

Without a second thought, she jumped to the side as the air contorted beside the area where her head had been previously. Her eyes went wide as time seemed to slow down, a pale hand crashing through the air. She fell back, watching as the hand came to a stop, slowly going into a more closed motion. Her body couldn't stop shaking as she watched those red eyes from before turn to her, a bored look meeting her. "Seems like we get a round two after all," Shigaraki let out in a raspy voice.

She didn't waste any time, shoving herself off the ground once again. She rolled from her previous position as Shigaraki came running forward, attempting to grab her once more. It stung her arms, the girl hissing in pain as she unsteadily forced her gelatin legs to push herself forward. She managed to get a grip, her body going upright once again with the man a few steps behind her. Her body ducked as his hand extended once more, using her back as a stop. With all the strength she could muster, the girl was able to trip the man over herself, sending him towards the ground. The ground cracked under his hand, him yelling something she couldn't make out through ringing ears. Her legs ran backward, keeping her distance from him the best she could.

Despite her attempts, he continued in his assault, refusing to let up. His hand came forward, the female moving her body to the side just as it came her way. Tips of h/c hair were the only things that met the tips of his fingers, the girl's legs once again pushing her back. She made no attempts at restraining the villain or attacking him, instead focusing on dodging him each time he made a try at grabbing her. It was tiring, her feet practically aching with each step she took. However, she managed to keep her distance, simply saving her energy for when he got too close to her.

He growled, lunging at her once more. She moved to the side again, feet twisting with the action. Unlike last time though, Shigaraki twisted his body as well. Before she could jump back or properly move, he had grabbed onto her uniform sleeve. An unsettling grin stretched across his face as he dragged her back, repositioning his hand so that it was gripping her entire arm now. She screamed at the touch, the effects of his quirk coming through the fabric and her skin with ease.

All she could feel was pain. Her arm was burning the longer he held onto it, the girl frantically trying to pry his hand off with her other hand. She shook wildly, eyes blown beyond belief as red seared through the grey uniform, her voice growing increasingly more unstable. She continued to struggle, refusing to stop in her thrashing. She needed him off of her. Get off of her, get off of her, get off of her.

"Suddenly more vocal when you're under attack, huh?" She wasn't able to register what he had just said as he released his grip, the girl collapsing to the ground in a fit. Her hand hovered over her injured arm, gasping. "You should have just stood there and let me kill you."

"W-What the hell is wrong with you?" Her voice was shaky as she lifted her head, glaring at him. The villain simply kneeled near her, his grin now gone as his eyes looked down at her. She tried to scoot away but he quickly stopped her, dragging her back by the hem of her collar and dropping her back in her original position.

"Tell me," he drawled out. "Why in the world are you here? You weren't in the character roster so what gives." His hand itched at his side, the girl still glaring back at him. "Did you sneak in or something?" She remained silent. "Come on, I'm don't have to keep you alive, you know? Why don't you just answer my question already before I decay you."

Well, it was a fun life while it lasted...not. Maybe this time she would get sent to heaven or something and not some fucking anime. What was the afterlife like anyway?

"Hey."

"I-I didn't sneak in!" the girl rushed out as his hand twitched, sudden alertness full-blown. "T-The principal requested that I join the class for rescue training today after yesterday! That's the only reason I'm here!"

"Seriously? You really don't have luck on your side, do you?" he let out. He looked to the side, the sound of Aizawa kicking another thug to the ground coming through. "No, this is actually great. I was really pissed off when you got away yesterday but here you are again, right before my own eyes. This must be fate, huh?" She shrunk as he grew closer, grinning once again. "I was really angry when I found out All Might wasn't here but I guess this can work. So you better start giving me a reason to not kill you right now since your life is in my hands right now."

"What..." The girl blinked in disbelief. Were her ears working properly? What the fuck was Shigaraki even saying anymore? Give him a reason not to kill her? Did he seriously want her to beg for her own damn life? "Um, I mean, please don't kill me?"

"Don't play stupid. I want something better."

"I'm too young to die?"

"Come on." Her head was touching the ground now as he leaned over her, e/c eyes darting wildly. Aizawa was still busy fighting the other thugs to notice her. "Don't you have any reason to live? This is seriously starting to get pathetic."

"Why do you even care anyway?" she shot back. "It's not like you'll like any reason I give so why are you even bothering with this?"

He didn't seem to be expecting that answer, pausing in his advances. She gave a look in confusion, anticipation rising in her the longer he stayed silent. He moved his hand toward her again, causing her to jolt. Her eyes closed as it closed, feeling a part of her hair being lifted. Her body wouldn't stop shaking no matter how much she tried to stop it, knowing full well what she had just said had been a stupid idea. The silence increased intensely, her eyes fighting to stay shut.

"You really aren't going to fight back."

His hand leisurely released the grip on her h/c locks, the girl opening her eyes a bit. He was still staring down at her, his eyes refusing to leave her, but had become more complicated than before. "You were fighting back before just fine. Did you break or something?" A huff, almost childish, came from him. "Fine. I won't kill you or anything yet so let's talk."

"Eh?" her voice sounded.

"How did you figure out me and Kurogiri were going to be in the hallway yesterday?" he asked, completely ignoring what had just transpired just seconds ago. She could only stare in pure confusion at his words, unable to process what was going on. "And don't lie to me like you did yesterday. I know you weren't lost so hurry up and tell me what an npc like you was doing interrupting my quest like that."

"That..." she started, unsure. She bit the bottom of her lip, brain struggling to come up with a somewhat plausible explanation. "I was suspicious when the alarms went off yesterday during lunch so I went to investigate..." her voice began, uncertain. "U.A's security is pretty good so when I found out a group of reporters were the ones who broke in didn't really add up. And since it was during a time when all the students were going to be in one area, it was probably a distraction to get everyone away from a certain place. The only place I could really think of being somewhat important enough for that was the teacher's lounge since that's where they keep everything. I um, decided to do my own look because I didn't think the teachers would believe me." She gulped. Was it believable enough? "I-It really was just pure chance that I ran into you yesterday. I-I really didn't think anyone was going to be there or anything. I just kind of went off my own to calm my own nerves."

"You...got all of that from seeing a group of people?" he questioned. When she nodded her head hesitantly, a laugh escaped from him. He was grinning slightly, red eyes glowing with some sort of mania behind them. "Not just an agility boost but an intelligence one as well? Just what kind of npc are you? I honestly thought you were just another boring hero wannabe but this? This is way more interesting!" He laughed a bit more. "Now that I think about it, the school practically shut down yesterday and delayed my whole mission. Was that because of you?"

"T-To be fair, I wasn't the one who decided on that..." she struggled out. "Nezu-san was worried that the school might have more blind spots after yesterday so..."

"And look where your principal's decision got you. Nothing changed except you getting your arm injured." She shifted her eyes to the side, wondering how the underground teacher was fairing but found her head being turned back. "It's rude to look away when someone's talking to you."

"Forgive me for worrying about my teacher." She forced a smile but it pained her face, the girl quickly shoving it back down with a grimace. "He's been fighting for quite some time and I'm worried he might be injured or something since some people seem to be insistent on attacking him."

"Worried about him?" Shigaraki repeated. The villain did what she had done earlier, giving a passing glance over the homeless-looking man with a certain disinterest. "You're surprisingly realistic."

"It's only natural to worry about a person in danger."

"Is it?" Shigaraki turned his gaze back. "Your classmates seemed more than ready to ditch him the moment we appeared. Do you really think it's 'normal' for you to be worried about his safety like that? He is a hero after all. You should practically be worshipping the ground he walks on."

"Just what kind of person do you take me for?" she muttered, brows furrowing. "Eraserhead is just as human as anyone else and all people are susceptible to being hurt. Why wouldn't it be normal to worry about him?"

A pause. The villain's eyes seemed to bear into her soul as time moved around them, the girl shifting uncomfortably under his manhandling. For what it was worth, he didn't make any movements to injure her or anything anymore. It appeared he had mostly calmed down from his earlier spout, especially after bringing her down. But as soon as the thought had entered her head, it had left just as quick. His mouth stretched, white teeth showing as a dangerous glint came through his eyes. "That's right. Heroes are just humans after all. What gives them the right to be so high and mighty all the time."

Her cheeks were squished as his hand clenched around her face. Her face contorted into one of pain, his finger practically digging into her skin. Her hand moved at the side but stopped as his eyes narrowed. "Don't think about it. I can disintegrate you in a matter of seconds!" he laughed out, pushing further with the four fingers that held her head. "This conversation has been really enlightening. I really thought everyone here was brainwashed by all this hero propaganda but here you are, that npc from yesterday! No, you're not really an npc, are you? You're just some recruitable character on the wrong side. Our meeting must have been a sign. Hah, I was too hasty with spamming through your dialogue yesterday. Who knew you would be this interesting?"

"L-Let go!" Her voice was choked by the fingers holding her, the pressure building up around the two making it harder for her to breathe.

"Don't worry. I'll help you out soon."

"I really don't like what that's suggesting!" she yelled out. She yanked at her face but couldn't make a single budge from the hold, the man child instead sighing as if he was only being inconvenienced by her.

"Letting you die isn't an option right now. But if I have to...I guess hurting you a little wouldn't be so bad. Just quit moving around so much already."

As he grew more irritated with her actions, Shigaraki failed to notice the lack of fighting coming from beyond them. A white cloth wrapped around the female, violently breaking her away from the villain in a quick motion. The villain's head turned at an alarming speed, a growl escaping from him as he watched the startled student land in the underground hero's arms. She stumbled with her footing, the teacher steadying her.

"Get to the others," Aizawa commanded before jumping forward. E/c eyes stared in shock as the man threw his capture gear at the now angry villain. Shigaraki easily caught the cloth in his hand as he rushed the man but was unable to protect himself from behind elbowed in the stomach, the two being sent back. Shigaraki's hand had moved to the man's elbow in question, but before he could use his quirk, the underground hero had managed to jump back.

The two continued like this, Aizawa getting close to attack before dodging the incoming hand coming his way. Y/N could only watch from the sidelines as the man threw himself at the villain relentlessly. While the villain didn't get a good catch of the hero's quirk, seeing as he had spent his time talking with her instead, it was clear Aizawa was tired from facing all the thugs from earlier, his movements had become somewhat slower compared to earlier. He was using his quirk still but it was clear that the breaks were becoming shorter with each usage. She bit her bottom lip in worry before shaking her head, getting to work.

With a quick tear, she broke off what was remaining of her uniform sleeve and began tying it around her arm. She had already lost a lot of blood (how she was still conscious right now, she wasn't going to debate) and the injury was still wide open. With a grunt, she tied the sleeve, making sure that the spot was covered by the fabric before returning her attention back to the ongoing fight.

Letting Aizawa fight alone wasn't something she was about to do, her hand slowly going to her foot. She hopped around as the brown-colored object slowly slipped off, allowing it to fall into her hand. With a deep breath, she ran a few steps forward and threw her arm forward.

Shigaraki, who clearly had not been expecting it, was hit face center with a shoe.

The villain faltered and the hero didn't waste any time, shooting his capture gear forward and managing to snag Shigaraki. The villain yelled in anger, trying to move, but his arms were restricted to his side, not allowing for any movement. Aizawa heaved a breath, staring down the villain. "It's over."

"E-Eraserhead!" Y/N let out as she ran towards the teacher. He turned his attention towards her after ensuring the villain wasn't able to move, giving an almost glare-like reaction to her presence. It softened a bit, however, as his eyes moved over to her now tied arm which had been stained a deep red. She only gulped, scratching at her cheek. "A-Are you alright? He didn't hurt you or anything, did he?"

"...I'm fine," he finally said. "Although it was highly irrational of you to stay behind and not listen to what I had said, I suppose I owe you my thanks for your quick thinking." He frowned. "But don't think of ever doing that again. What you did was incredibly stupid."

"R-Roger!" she yelped, knowing not to take his sentence lightly. "B-But I'm surprised at how quickly you were able to take out the villains in this area! For a group capable of breaking into U.A, they sure were really easy to beat." Hopefully, he would get the hint. Although the danger from before had passed, there was still the imminent one about to come.

"I don't appreciate you speaking about something like this so lightly," he frowned. She raised her hand in defense, frantic.

"T-That's not what I meant!" she refuted. Shigaraki had grown too silent. "But don't you think it's strange that a group of villains were able to break into U.A were defeated so quickly?" Why wasn't he getting it? "Usually, if someone makes a grand plan like this, they have some sort of insurance, don't they?" She craned her head awkwardly to the side, wildly gesturing towards the spot where the nomu had been. Had. "W-Wait what?"

Her hair flowed in front of her as the nomu appeared behind Aizawa before he could even move. There was no time to warn him as the inhuman hand came hammering down, the teacher's head moving back to see what had come. With what she could muster, she yanked the man behind her and threw herself into his original position. She could hear him yell her name as the hand came towards her face, inching closer and closer. With closed eyes, she managed to move her arm in front of herself as the creature grabbed onto her tiny head. In one fell swoop, it smashed her forward into the ground, cracking the concrete around her. "Gah!" she let out, blood spluttering forth. Her vision was blurry as her ears rung, head being forced down by the monster. She couldn't feel her body, her arm seeming to have grown numb as red-colored her vision. More shouting came from above her, her eyes moving at an incredibly slow pace. She couldn't feel her body, let alone her arm.

"Nomu. Release her."

The pressure decreased as the shadow disappeared, leaving the girl to lay there, the only sign she was alive being her breathing which had grown uneasy. She felt a grip on her hair as Shigaraki dragged her body up, forcing her into a sitting position. She limped in his grasp, the manchild barely supporting her weight with the arm under her. He looked even more irritated than before. "Are you that desperate to die or something?" he mused. She didn't respond, e/c eyes shifting. The nomu had gone after the teacher, the man refusing to let the thing come any closer. Midoriya, Tsuyu, and Mineta were all on the side of the bank, watching in horror at the scene that had unfolded. When had they gotten there? "In the face of overwhelming power, you teacher might as well be quirkless. But that's what makes him cool. Watching him try so hard to protect you all."

"N-Not..." she sputtered out softly. "My teacher..."

"I almost forgot you weren't a part of this class," Shigaraki said nonchalantly. "Should we continue your dialogue? I'm wondering what you think about my nomu."

"Yoru nomu..." She coughed a bit, wincing in pain. "I guess...it's strong?"

"So you did notice. Too bad your teacher didn't notice fast enough."

"What do you mean by that?" Her brows furrowed.

"Quit playing dumb. I thought we were past this," he scoffed. "You clearly noticed that my nomu was the final boss before it had even moved." A hand gestured her to continue, probably wanting an explanation like earlier. The teacher avoided being grabbed at the last second.

"You said your objective was All Might, right?" she said. She raised a brow upon noticing Shigaraki's change in mood, his demeanor becoming poor once again but he didn't do anything meaning she was still safe for now. "For someone who boasted about defeating the number one hero, the villains here in the plaza were too easily defeated. You broke into the school so you clearly know what you're doing. I only put two and two together when I noticed your 'nomu' hadn't been moving the entire time you guys had been here. You clearly must value it quite a bit if you were keeping it near you the entire time, meaning it was probably one of your bigger pieces in the attack today..."

"Where the hell have you been hiding this entire time?" the man child laughed out. She winced, her body shifting a bit. "I was worried for a second that my nomu had knocked you unconscious but you're still wide awake, aren't you? You really are an interesting character."

"I'm..." She coughed again. "Not some video game character."

"But you are on the wrong side." His face became blank once again, red eyes looking down at her. "Don't you feel suffocated being here? You're clearly more rational than most people so why even bother going to some school like U.A? You could probably accomplish a lot more if you weren't going to some hero school so what gives. What is someone like you doing here of all places?"

She returned his gaze. "I made a promise."

He clicked his tongue. "An overly loyal type..."

"Shigaraki Tomura."

The man turned his head, Y/N straining from her position to see the black warp gate that had formed in front of them. He removed his arm, allowing her to fall onto the ground with an 'oomf'. She winced, fingers slightly twitching. "Kurogiri," the head villain addressed. "Did you kill Thirteen?" She paused.

"I...was unable to put Thirteen out of action..." he admitted. Unable to put Thirteen out of action? Did something happen back at the entrance while she was done there? The space hero should have been severely injured... "I was unable to disperse all the students and one of them got away."

"Huh?" the handy villain let out, looking with extreme displeasure. She didn't even need to look to know he was scratching at his neck, the notable sound already being recognizable to her. It increased in speed the longer he stood there, an overwhelming pressure consuming the air. It lasted for a full minute before he stopped, almost creepily still. "We can't win against a bunch of pro-heroes...It's game over. Man, it's game over this time. Let's go home."

"But before we leave..." Confusion settled over the three students to the side, an unsteady amount of pressure growing. Y/N blinked as she saw the way the nomu suddenly increased its speed towards the teacher. The moment it had made contact, she tore her gaze away in shame, refusing to watch as the man was finally caught by the monster. "It wouldn't hurt to get rid of one hero and some kids, would it?"

She could hear Midoriya yelling at the creature to get off of his teacher followed by a distressed Tsuyu and Mineta. The sounds of yelling were so present, so very present, as a shadow slowly covered her and the ground. She slowly moved her head back, being met with Shigaraki smiling once more. He gripped onto her arm, dragging her along like some child with a toy on Christmas. She yelped at the motion, trying to break out but being unable to. Kurogiri studied her through slit eyes as he placed her down near him. He sat her up, forcing her head towards the scene.

"Wouldn't want to leave All Might without a present, now would we?" he joked. She closed her eyes in pain, not knowing how to handle the sight of the class screaming for the creature to release their precious teacher. "And you get a front-row seat too. Maybe your luck is becoming better."

"Stop this..." she said. "This is...wrong...Please stop hurting them. They're just kids."

"This is reality," Shigaraki commented with cruelty. "They're all products of a society unlike you. You can't ignore the truth."

"What part of this is truth?!" she shouted. She began thrashing again despite knowing it was futile. "Can't you see how wrong this is? Even if you are trying to prove a message, killing others won't prove anything! All you're doing is instilling fear into other people! And even if your plan succeeds, you'd just be destroying society! You can't fix something that's wrong by doing more wrongs! What you're trying to do is insane!"

He sighed, forcing her down into the ground harder. "It sucks that you're still worried about them like this. I thought you could at least see things my way but you're still clinging onto them even when they're all losing...That doesn't matter. I can fix it. You'll come to see things from my point of view soon."

"Let go!" she cried out. "Let go of me right now!"

"Kurogiri, open a gate back. We're taking the girl with us. I want to talk to her some more."

"Understood."

The warp villain grew in size once again, the air distorting. Y/N could only continue screaming as she did everything she could to break free of the villain. Her body was screaming in retaliation but she refused to stop, e/c eyes tearing as she frantically looked forward. Midoriya was frantically trying his best to protect his teacher and get over to her but was ultimately unable to due to the nomu which kept trying to attack all of them. Tsuyu had wrapped her tongue around the boy's waist to drag him away while Mineta was crying, throwing the purple balls off his head despite the blood coming through. None of it worked though, the nomu was too strong for them to handle.

USJ was nothing more than a failure.

...

..

.

The doors blew open with a loud thud. Shigaraki stopped in his tracks along with the nomu, an increasing amount of smoke surrounding the entrance now. Y/N blinked through bleary eyes as she felt everything from earlier finally hit her, nothing but pure relief rushing through her.

"I had a bad feeling-" his voice resounded. His feet carried through the building, nobody daring to move a step. "- so I tore myself away from my chat with the principal and came. I passed Iida-shounen on my way and got a rough idea of what happened."

"It's fine now." The last step he took came with a loud thud, steam flowing around him. He tore off the blue tie around his neck, the smile he had become so associated with no longer present.

"I am here!"

"All...Might..." Y/N could hear Midoriya let out breathily, hanging in the air by his waist by Tsuyu. Shigaraki had stopped dragging her towards the warp gate, instead looking in the same direction as the other students were. She couldn't see his face.

"I've been waiting, hero," he finally let out, the earlier mood he had now completely changed. His grip was still hard on hold but had significantly lessened. "You trash of society."

It only took an instant before the hero was suddenly in the center of the plaza, several of the thugs that were still standing around now being sent flying in the air. The underground hero was safely secured in his arms, the sight of blood dripping down his face with the only true difference from the show being his non-disintegrated arm. Nobody could really make any movements before the teacher had moved once more, the h/c haired girl once again feeling her body leave the ground. She could only blink as she suddenly found herself hanging from the hero's arm alongside the three students that had been in the area, no longer near the villain who had lost the hand on his face.

Mineta let out a confused noise as they were all put down, the hero placing himself directly in front of all of them. Without sparing a glance back, the hero placed a comforting hand on the unconscious underground hero laid beside him. "Everyone, go to the entrance. I'm leaving Aizawa-kun and Soma to you. They're both severely injured. Hurry!"

"Y-Yessir!" "Kero." The frog girl and grape boy were quick to move as soon as their teacher spoke, rushing to aid their injured teacher. Y/N could only stare, her body still a bit unsteady on the feet. She wasn't sure if her body could handle walking another step right now nor how bad her injuries were even. But if All Might said they were bad, she guessed her injuries had been far worse than she was feeling.

"S-Sorry Masami-chan..." Midoriya quietly uttered as he suddenly moved beside her. He latched onto her side, catching her before she could fall back over. She silently thanked him, her body almost instantly relaxing into his side. His gaze was nothing but concern and worry as he looked at her before back at their teacher. "All Might, you can't," he said. Tsuyu and Mineta looked over at him curiously as they held their teacher. "That brain villain took One Fo- He took a punch that didn't break my arm, but he didn't even twitch. He's gotta be-"

"Midoriya-shounen!" All Might's hand flew back. He turned around, a smile on his face as he made a peace sign near his eye. "It's fine!"

Midoriya hesitated, wanting to say more, but relented as he began walking away from the center. The h/c haired girl did her best to follow, being supported by his weight, and Aizawa was carried by the other two students nearby.

"You all...look alright..." Y/N offered as they walked, leaving the number one hero to deal with the monster. She noticed how despite them all walking over towards the entrance, their eyes were still trained back on the fight. "I'm glad..."

"You sustained some pretty bad injuries back there," Tsuyu commented. "We wanted to help but we couldn't even get near you. But I'm glad you weren't knocked out like Aizawa-sensei." The h/c haired girl gave a more bashful smile, laughing slightly at the comment while Tsuyu's attention turned back to the fight going on. "Even though he's a rookie teacher who can't teach without looking at his notes, he's still strong."

"That's All Might for you!" the purple boy exclaimed.

Y/N shifted her eyes back to the green-haired boy currently helping her walk, noting how attentive he was on the pro hero. She bit her bottom lip in worry, unsure as to what to say to him. Midoriya was most likely having the same train of thought she had earlier, understanding the severity of the situation and why it would be strange for the villains to simply attack if they weren't confident in their abilities to fight All Might head-on. She wanted to say something under Tsuyu and Mineta's comments but what could she really say? He was probably going to start running off at some point, whether or not she said anything. And it would probably be worse if she went along with him, seeing how batshit Shigaraki was only moments ago. Her body was barely cooperating so she probably wouldn't be much help either, just recently gaining the feeling in her legs. It would probably be better to just let him run off and stay behind with the others.

But that wasn't what a good friend did, was it...

"Midoriya-san," she let out in a deadpan. The boy broke out of his thought, looking down at her in concern. The bottom of her lips was probably bruised by now but she ignored it, e/c eyes glancing back. "Whatever you're planning on doing, I'm going to be right behind you. So stay safe, alright."

He was stunned for a few seconds, appearing to acknowledge her words before nodding. A certain thankfulness lined his eyes as he provided a small smile. She huffed, silently pushing at him with her hand in a shooing motion before he broke out in a full sprint back towards the plaza, yelling back at Tsuyu and Mineta to take care of the teacher. Y/N frowned by was quick to follow, hearing more cries of protest from behind as her feet unsteadily broke into a run behind the male. She grimaced but continued forward, refusing to allow him to deal with this alone.

She needed to stay out of this.

She was going to ruin the story if she continued like this.

Midoriya's safety was much more important than that.

He threw himself forward with a cry, his arm outstretched as the warp gate suddenly appeared in front of him. With what she could do, she dove straight behind him and threw her uninjured arm out, dragging him away seconds before Bakugo came flying from the side with his quirk. Tears flowed from the male's eyes as he stumbled into the girl, sending them both onto the ground.

"I didn't mean literally throwing yourself at the villain!" Y/N said with a disapproving stare.

"Move! You're in the way you extras!" the blond yelled out. He continued yelling as he gripped the silver contraption from earlier, sending himself and Kurogiri onto the ground with a loud thud. From the side came a sheet of ice that covered the ground, slowly crawling its way onto the nomu's arm. The pro hero looked to the side, seemingly not expecting the nomu to suddenly be frozen within a matter of seconds.

"All I heard was that you all are here to kill All Might," Todoroki said, head tilted slightly to the side.

All Might didn't wait around, prying himself from the creature's grip on his side. He managed to jump out of the thing's grip, landing himself right next to the duo-colored boy. Midoriya let out a gasp in worry as he watched the hero place a hand at the side, a large amount of blood coming through the white button-down shirt.

Kirishima let out a battle cry as he came flying down, Shigaraki just avoiding the sudden attack with ease. "Damn it! I didn't get to show off!" the redhead grunted before jumping back from his original position and near Bakugo who still had his hand pressed down on the misty villain. The blond increased the weight on his hand, pushing down further.

"Stop acting so stuck-up foggy nobody!"

"The Symbol of Peace cannot be killed by the likes of you," Todoroki commented.

Well this place was certainly getting crowded, wasn't it?

Y/N struggled to follow Midoriya's actions, placing herself back onto her feet. She frowned, holding onto her injured arm a bit as her eyes surveyed the area, taking in the sight of the three hero students that were in front of herself and Midoriya. The green-haired boy quickly wiped away his tears before also taking a battle stance, each pair of eyes singling in on the hand villain.

Shigaraki turned his head to the side, ignoring the way the students were glaring. "Kurogiri, our exit and entrance, has been overcome. We're in a pinch."

"You careless bastard." Bakugo looked down at the gate with a grin. "You're just what I thought you'd be. Only certain parts of you can turn into a misty warp gate. The fog gate covered your actual body, right?" His voice increased in volume around the last sentence. "Back then...If you were completely made of mist and physical attacks couldn't touch you, then you wouldn't have said 'that was close.'"

Kurogiri's eyes narrowed and he tried to move but Bakugo used his quirk once more, sending sparks across his body. "Don't move!" His head lowered, his gaze becoming more malicious. "If I feel like you're moving suspiciously, then I'll blow you up."

"His behavior isn't very hero-like..." Kirishima sweatdropped a bit.

"In addition to capturing them, they're almost all uninjured. Kids these days are amazing. They make the League of Villains look bad." E/c eyes moved back to the villain, noting how his hands were now folded in front of himself. She felt herself take a step back, her hand going in front of herself defensively. He turned to the side roughly. "Nomu."

A screech was heard from the creature as it lowed in the warp gate, starling the students a bit. What had once been immobile was now moving, its back creaking as it dragged its top half from the ground. Its arm shattered with the surrounding ice along with its leg, falling onto the ground limply.

"Even though his body's broken...He's still moving?" Midoriya questioned, the monster hobbling around the ground with its one arm and leg.

"Get back, everyone!" All Might commanded, sparing a glance back. He wasn't quick enough though as the nomu skin began breaking, a mass of red coming forth from the open whole. It formed into an arm rather quickly, the hero looking back in a pure disturbance at the sight. "What?" He stood up, his hand still holding his side. "His quirk wasn't shock absorption?"

"I didn't say that was all he had," Shigaraki commented as the nomu began to regrow its limbs. The red muscle was being replaced by the outer skin, black stretching across itself. "This is his super-regeneration. Nomu had been modified to take you at a hundred percent. He's a super-efficient human sandbag."

The students took their guard, refusing to back down from the incoming fight. "First, we need to get our gate back. Go, nomu."

The wind picked up, sending them all flying back. Y/N barely had a chance to defend herself as her hair flew wildly behind herself and her body skidded across the ground. A crash was heard but the girl only found herself unharmed, suddenly out of the direction of the incoming attack. "Truly...amazing..." she muttered under her breath, the boys around her all processing what had just happened. As the steam let out, the nomu was left crouching over the ground with nothing in its grip, Bakugo instead being placed near the group.

Only after a few moments did the students finally understand what had happened, the smoke fully disappearing to reveal their teacher standing in front of a demolished piece of wall. His arms were placed in front of him in a guarding position, coughs coming forth from his mouth. He heaved heavily, blood slipping down the corner of his mouth as his eyes went up. "Do you not know how to hold back?" he said, the gravity of things coming full force.

"It was to rescue my companions. I had no choice," the hand villain argued. "I mean, earlier...that plain-looking one. He was about to punch my nomu again with everything he had, you know. Violence for the sake of others makes it admirable. Isn't that right, hero?" His arms extended outwards, the nomu seated beside him quietly. "You know what, All Might? I'm angry. I'm angry at this world that categorizes the same violent acts as heroic or villainous, deciding what's good and what's bad. 'Symbol of Peace'? Ha. You're just a device to repress violence. After all, this society would crumble the moment you're killed, wouldn't it? A corrupt society like this wouldn't last a second without its heroes."

"!" Y/N jolted, her eyes widening.

"Violence only breeds violence. The world will know this once we kill you!"

"That's preposterous," All Might rebutted. "The eyes of white-collar criminals like you burn silently. You just want to enjoy this yourself, don't you, you liar?" Shigaraki's eyes only crinkled in delight, not defending himself from what the hero was saying.

"It's three against six," Todoroki said. Midoriya nodded.

"Kacchan already exposed the fog's weakness!"

"These guys are crazy, but if we backup All Might, we can push them back!" Kirishima concurred, his quirk activating.

"No!" All Might interjected as he walked forth, the four students looking over. He moved his hand, blocking them. "Run away."

"You would've been in trouble if I hadn't done anything earlier, right?" Todoroki stated.

"That was a different story, Todoroki-shounen. Thanks. But it's fine! Just watch as a pro gives it everything he's got."

"All Might, you're bleeding..." Midoriya took a single step forth. "Besides, time's-" He stopped himself before he could finish, a hand covering his mouth in hesitation. All Might simply lifted a finger, giving a thumbs up his way, turning to face the three villains that stood in his way. Y/N latched a hand onto his shoulder, shaking her head as he turned to glance back at her. He frowned deeper but stayed near her.

"Nomu, Kurogiri. Get him," Shigaraki commanded, the monster getting up. "I still need  to deal with the kid."

"Hey, we've gotta do this after all!" Kirishima let out as the villain came running towards them. But before he could reach them, All Might had thrown himself forward, his fist meeting the monster with a solid punch. The air picked up around them, sending them all flying back in an instant. Midoriya maneuvered himself so that the girl didn't fly away, holding onto her with one hand as the other dug into the ground.

"A head-on fistfight?" Midoriya wondered aloud as the punched continued, picking up momentum. The wind only continued to pick up speed, blowing away anyone else from entering the battle between the two. Each punch, deliberated against the monster.

"If your quirk isn't shock nullification but shock absorption," All Might yelled out. The onslaught of hits was too quick for anyone to properly make out, becoming a massive blur. "Then there's a limit to it, right?"

It continued, the nomu landing a punch in the location of the hero's injuries and causing him to take a step back. But he recovered quickly, blue eyes shining through the shadows as he started what he had been doing once more. Not one punch missed as the area became more destructive, trees and ground suddenly flying into the air as a massive amount of smoke built up around them. All Might's legs were digging into the ground with each step he took forward, forcibly pushing the nomu back.

"Made to fight me? If you can withstand me at one hundred percent, then I'll force you to surrender from beyond that!"

Slowly, the nomu began to lose its footing, its head beginning to fall back as All Might refused to stop in his assault. Blood seeped through his mouth but as soon as it appeared, it was pushed back by the wind, leaving only a stain on his cheek.

Not one punch was made at random.

The blond American hero swung his hand back and pushed forward, the nomu finally being sent back and threw the surrounding foliage in the area. He jumped in pursuit, the monster sliding across the already crumbling ground as pieces of concrete flew into the air. It managed to swing itself back into a crawling position, jumping back into the air to deliver an attack but was met with only another punch, All Might and it twirling around in the air. He blocked an incoming attack before kicking it with a large amount of force, the nomu crashing back down to the earth. It had no time to get back up as All Might sent it upside down, now running full force at the thing.

He tightly gripped onto its arm as they went into the air, spinning around for a few seconds before releasing. The nomu was sent down with a loud crash, the concrete below completely destroyed in the process. It was like a whirlwind, the hero landed easily on the ground where the nomu was bounced off of.

"Hey villain, have you ever heard of these words?"

He moved before the nomu could even react, time seeming to slow down around him as he clenched his fist in the air. "Go beyond!" he yelled out. White smoke built up around his fist, building up with increasing pressure as his fist came closer to the villain.

"Plus..."

The experimented villains stood no chance, its body bending in an unnatural state as the fist connected.

"Ultra!"

It was almost like an explosion, watching everything happen right before her eyes. The creature had disappeared as soon as he finished that single sentence, the groundbreaking on impact. The black mass went flying, not once stopping as it reached the ceiling. It broke through with a shatter, the lights breaking in a blooming fire of red and orange. The building shook, vibrations being sent all throughout the place.

"It's like he nullified the shock absorption," Kirishima said, looking up. The light shone through the hole in the ceiling, the building suddenly so much brighter than it had been a while ago. Smoke was disappearing around them as they stood, stunned. "His brute strength is crazy."

"What insane power..." Bakugo narrowed his eyes. "Does this mean he rushed at him so fast he couldn't regenerate?"

Y/N watched as sweat beat down her face, releasing her hold on the green-haired boy who had turned his attention elsewhere. She spared a glance, the remaining smoke still lingering over All Might as he stood there. Her body paused as she stared at him, unable to shake her gaze.

"I really have gotten weaker..." the hero's voice came out. He had yet to move, blood clearly staining him and his destroyed shirt. "In my prime, five hits would've been enough." Slowly did he begin to move, standing upright with a fist presented at his chest, a laugh to his voice. "But it took more than three-hundred hits."

The hero took a single step, turning towards the remaining two villains as the clouds continued to cover his lower body. "Now villains...I'm sure we'd all like to end this as soon as possible."

To the corner of her eye was a shaking Shigaraki, the man child glaring with ferocity at the hero. "He used a cheat?!" he growled out, anger seeping through. Pale fingers went to his neck, a single scratch coming through audibly. "Hey, what's going on? He's not weaker at all." His voice was increasingly becoming more agitated by the second, fingers not stopping. "Did that guy lie to me?!"

"What's wrong?" Shigaraki moved back an inch at the sudden call out. "You're not coming. You said you'd 'clear' this or something, right?" Blue eyes glowed brightly. "Come and get me if you can."

The villain stepped back, even more, his body shaking as he finally stopped scratching at his neck. The four students beside her seemed to be somewhat calmed by this, their guards lowering a small amount.

"Midoriya! We should get out of here now!" Kirishima said, noticing the other boy was still watching the confrontation. Y/N stood at his side, watching uneasily. Her hand twitched, knowing Midoriya wasn't about to move anytime soon. "It'll be worse if we end up getting hostage instead!"

"Well? What's wrong?" All Might called out.

Shigaraki had begun scratching at his neck once again, his speech becoming more frantic. "If only I had nomu..." he complained. "That guy would've been able to go up against him without thinking about anything!" His speech became nothing more than noises of agitation, the warp leaning in from behind.

"Shigaraki Tomura!" the calmer presence said, over the man. "Please calm yourself. Looking carefully, I see that he was definitely weakened from the damage of the nomu's attacks." That seemed to cause the shaggy hair villain to stop, his eyes moving up to see what the warp was talking about. "Besides, the children appear to be frozen in fear and the one from earlier is still present. We still have underlings who can be used. There are likely only a few minutes left before reinforcements come. If you and I work together, we still have a chance of killing him."

"Yeah..." The edge from earlier was gone, more silent. "Yeah, yeah...That's right...That's right...We have no choice but to do it." His face lowered, eyes nothing but dead. "I mean, we have the last boss right in front of our eyes."

The sound of the incoming thugs caused the girl to turn on her heel. She turned her head to her friend but he still wasn't paying any attention to what was going on around them. "All Might will do something about the main bad guys," Kirishima said, looking over at the blond beside him. He activated his quirk, looking back at the group. "Let's go help the others!"

"This is revenge for the nomu!" Shigaraki shouted, running towards the hero. Kurogiri followed from behind, opening a gate as All Might sluggishly moved his body. The two villains got closer and that's when Midoriya threw himself into a jump, his arm reeled back.

"Wait!" Y/N shouted. She tried to reach out and grab him but missed, her fingertips meeting nothing but air. Kirishima and Todoroki had looked back upon hearing her cry, the girl frustratingly sprinting a few feet behind. He was too fast for her, however, the distance too large for her to meet. The redhead had grabbed her before she could make it too far, the girl stumbling in her step. She grimaced, e/c eyes watching in horror as the male grew closer to the gate.

"You're too injured to be fighting!" Kirishima told her. The male gave a worrying glance down at her as she tried to push him off, tears forming.

"He needs help!"

"Calm down," Todoroki said. A gunshot came through the building, causing the girl to step back. She bumped into the hardening student's body, feeling him catch him at the last second as her face dumbly stared at the scene before her. Todoroki was at the side, looking back at the entrance. "The other heroes are here."

Midoriya fell to the ground as more gunshots came from above, hitting different places in the building. She turned her head to look back, tears still running down her face. She hurriedly began wiping them off of herself to the best of her ability, Kirhsima remaining behind her. He gave a sympathetic smile her way, Todoroki simply remaining neutral despite the twinge of worry that had covered him seconds ago. Bakugo was completely blank by now.

"Sorry, everyone! Sorry we're late!" the principal called out loudly. "I gathered all who were immediately available."

"I, Iida Tenya, class 1-A representative, have now returned!" The engine hero stood to the side, several pro heroes standing behind himself as he called out to the class just as loudly.

"Let's get Midoriya," Kirishima said as the group of thugs was taken out easily, something she didn't even hesitate on agreeing on. She steadied herself before running over to the male with the male following shortly behind, her face nothing but worry as she bent over him. He looked up shamefully, his body refusing to cooperate.

"It's game over now. Shall we go home and try again later, Kurogi-?" Before he could finish his sentence, multiple gunshots came forth. He collapsed as both of his legs were hit, the warp gate covering his body before any more shots could be made. Yet as he covered the man, he was suddenly pulled back, Thirteen activating their quirk. The villain struggled to keep a hold of his leader, only the head popping out as they were pulled forward. "I may have failed this time, but I will kill you next time..." Shigaraki relented as his body disappeared. "Symbol of Peace...All Might!"

And with that, the first three days of school had come to an end.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A/N;

hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry if i ended in a weird place, this chapter is way too long :,)

anyway, we finally conclude the little first day of school stuff and get ready to move onto the sports festival, something i both hate and love. god, this chapter was a bitch to write. i wanted to end it halfway through but it felt too strange to do that plus i wasn't really keen on giving you all a cliff hanger either since i know i dont update infrequently aha ;;; so here's the entire usj fight. just gonna be some filler content after this because really, how do you live up writing a fight that wasn't really a fight because y/n just fucking talked half the chapter lmao get it i guess girl????

y/n going to the hospital next chapter because yeah, she was indeed injured but do i know how to write actual injuries? haha, wrong person to ask. bullshit anime logic amirite.

y/n: destroying heroes is gonna kill society >:(

shigaraki: stealing that shit

shigaraki y/n relationship is weird ;;;;; trust me when i say he's still gonna make appearances lmao tried to change it up from last time a bit since i didn't feel like he had enough of a reason to really go "yo this kid is mine now". but then again, this also sucks???? idk I'm very sleep deprived right now.

also people get hurt because that's how life works y/n and you cant change that >:((((

anyways y/n finally thinking midoriya is a person? more likely than you think

thank you all for reading! hopefully this chapter gives you a little bit of content before the next update. i tried to make it a bit longer than the usual word count and uh,,,, ended up doubling it so enjoy! i am really happy you all still like this book and really cant express how appreciative i am other than saying it in every single author's note ^^; thank you all again!

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1.2M 34.3K 55
discontinued [F/N] [L/N] is an incredibly powerful young woman, living with one of the most powerful quirks known to man. She wants to become a her...
58.3K 1.8K 37
💜you can find my work ONLY on wattpad and AO3 under: Legionofwhispers My work being on any other sites is against my consent.💜 Y/N has a dark begin...
8.2K 306 26
bnha/MHA x modern/Isekai reader part time working teen takes in a cat that was a deity in disguise and granted her a wish as a thank you. she goes to...
102K 4.8K 42
Being rewritten! The moment she had opened her eyes she had realized something fairly quick. Perhaps it was the fact she had apparently grown shorter...