Vol 2 ~ What if I ain't no Vi...

By rin_rin40

My second volume of one-shot and short stories of parallel worlds about Twoset Violinists Brett and Eddy. Wha... More

1. Twoset Banker
2. Twoset Searchers VIII (Warren's story 1)
3. Twoset Searchers IX (Warren's story 2)
4. Twoset Searchers X (Warren's story 3)
5. Twoset Searchers XI
10. Twoset Gap Moe
11. Twoset Gap Moe II
12. Twoset Gap Moe III
13. Twoset Gap Moe IV
6. Twoset Tutoring II (Brett's voice?)
7. Twoset Tutoring III (Brett's voice? 2)
8. Twoset Tutoring IV (Brett's voice? 3)
9. Twoset Tutoring V (Brett's voice? 4)
14. Twoset Tutoring VI (Brett's voice!) - bonus chapter
15. Twoset Traceurs IV - fight like an old couple, make up like newly weds
16. Twoset Gloved
17. Twoset Gloved II
18. Twoset Gloved III
19. Twoset Gloved IV
20. Twoset Gloved V
21. Twoset Gloved VI
22. Twoset Gloved VII
23. Twoset Gloved VIII
24. Twoset Gloved IX
26. Twoset Psychic VI (Halloween episode)
27. Twoset Choreographers
28. Twoset Choreographers II
29. Twoset Choreographers III
30. Twoset Choreographers IV
31. Twoset Choreographers V
32. Twoset Choreographers VI
33. Twoset Choreographers VII
34. Twoset Choreographers VIII
35. Twoset Choreographers IX
36. Twoset Choreographers X
37. Post Quarantine

25. Twoset Gloved X

76 8 38
By rin_rin40

Monica smiled.

"..I'm sorry for even suggesting my idea Brett. I'm envious you've found someone worth facing your challenges for."

Monica got up from her chair and waved to the two young men and left the uni cafeteria.

---------------------------------------

Eddy stood speechless next to Brett. Brett looked up towards him.

"Um.. Eddy?"

"Y, yeah?"

"Would you like to sit down?"

"But.. I'm supposed to go order lunch..."

"Forget about lunch for a moment"

"But.. I just found out that you don't like mushrooms either.."

Brett smiled.

"Eddy, please sit down."

"Um.. okay?"

Eddy sat in the seat next to Brett.

"So, um.. Brett, I.. I think something just happened.. but I'm not sure what exactly."

Brett grinned.

"Yeah, I thought something happened, too."

Eddy furrowed his brows.

"So.. Monica's idea was...?"

"..for me to take the easy path with her."

"Yeah I heard that bit.. What exactly did she mean by that?"

"She asked me if she and I could become a couple to keep our mother's off our backs. And have each other.. someone who would understand each other's conditions. And together live a somewhat more normal-looking life."

"Oh."

Eddy didn't like that idea at all.  If that was what was gonna "happen", he was definitely not gonna be happy about that. Ordinarily, hearing something this unpleasant would've brought up gastric juices to Eddy's mouth.  But somehow the unpleasantness managed to stay at the pit of Eddy's stomach. Only because he knew there was a bit more to the story, as Brett proved by continuing to speak;

"But Eddy, you heard what I said back to her, didn't you? I said I'd rather take the crazy and challenging path with you than the easy path with her.

A smile emerged from the corners of Eddy's lips.

"..I thought I heard that.. but I .. wasn't sure. ..I thought I was dreaming."

Brett shook his head.

"You weren't dreaming, Eddy."

"..Maybe you should pinch me to make sure."

"W, what?"

"You can, can't you?"

"N.. no, I'm sorry Eddy, I can't touch you and besides, I'd feel too guilty..."

"Why? You've got gloves on?"

"I don't want to hurt you, Eddy."

"Geez Brett, you're not gonna hurt me just by pinching my cheeks. I could even show you if you let me."

"What? Oh f*ck, Eddy, this is ridiculous."

Eddy grinned;

"Well, it's all part of the crazy and challenging life you wanted to walk with me, Brett"

Brett cringed somewhat, then gave in. He shook his head as he replied;

"Okay, fine. Whatever floats your boat, Eddy. Go on, pinch my face then."

Eddy grinned and faced Brett. He reached his hands out and cupped Brett's cheeks. Brett's eyes widened in horror. Eddy proceeded to pinch Brett's cheeks with his thumbs and index fingers and slowly started to pull on Brett's face.

"What the f*ck.. Effy foft fhat...(Eddy, stop that) !!"

"..Wow, your skin's so supple."

"Fiff iff (Quit it) !!"

Eddy smirked.

"You can pay back on me too if you want."

Brett shot his hands forward and grabbed Eddy's cheeks and yanked them apart.

"Off mff ffuffing fawd.(Oh my f*cking god)."

"..Da FAQ are you two love birds doing some sick sh*t????"

Both Eddy and Brett turned and simultaneously recoiled in horror to see Ray had sat across their table, astonished to see his distant cousin and classmate pinching and pulling at each other's faces. Eddy muffled;

"Off mff ffuffing fawd, Fay....(Oh my f*cking god, Ray)."

"...F*ck, so either you guys are fighting like girls or you have some kinky sh*t going on. Maybe you guys should go back to Eddy's dorm or somethin'. Spend the afternoon rolling around in bed pinching each other."

Both young men let go of each other's cheeks immediately as if they were caught out in their secret and naughty game. Ray eyed them out suspiciously as he got up from his seat;

"What? F*ck, it's almost as if that was the original plan!? Geez, I'll leave you guys to it... Play nice and don't forget protection."

Ray smirked, waved and left.

Eddy looked at Brett helplessly, then shrugged.

"..Are you okay, Brett?"

"Yeah my face is fine, but.. oh my god,  Eddy, you need to sanitise your hands NOW!!"

"Do I?"

"Yes!! Absolutely. Please."

Brett opened his bag and whipped out a bottle of sanitiser which looked way too big for a portable size and gestured Eddy to put his hands out so that he could squirt some on his fingertips.

"Okay, fine. But you know what Brett?"

"What is it, Eddy?"

Eddy rubbed his hands together with sanitiser as he muttered;

"...I think you are crazy."

Brett burst out laughing.

"Eddy, this is the first time I enjoyed hearing someone call me crazy."

Eddy looked confused. Brett was grinning from ear to ear.

"Oh Eddy, you can imagine, right? I've been called crazy for quite some years now. People think I'm crazy because of the gloves. Or how I don't let people touch me or my things.  Or how I'm terrified of touching other people.  I've tried to get used to it and not let it hurt my feelings but it's hard. But when you call me crazy.."

"Brett, I think you're crazy in a good way.. to decide to take the harder road with me.. but I hope you will find it worth it."

"I'm more worried about you. I don't think this is gonna be easy for either of us.. I just hope you can find it worth it Eddy..."

Eddy furrowed his brows anxiously.

" ..But with you, if you are willing Eddy, I'd like to give it a try."

Eddy didn't miss a beat.

"I have always been willing. Knowing more about you now, I am very willing. Where do I sign up?"

Brett smiled.

"Thanks. Um.. Eddy?"

"Yeah?"

"I.. haven't written anything about my.. OCD...cos I haven't been ready to commit anything on paper or on my hard drive yet.. but.. I think I'm ready to tell you some stuff that happened to me that made me this way.. if.. you are willing to listen."

Eddy lifted his gaze to meet Brett's eyes.

"Sure, Brett. Abso-bloody-lutely."

------------------------------------------

A/N: This is the end of the story Twoset Gloved.

As the ending of this story hints, I plan to return to write more for this story, the next part being the prequel. 

Thank you so much for reading, voting, responding and commenting on this series. 

20211031

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 4.2K 21
alternate universe in which eddy is an up and coming soloist, and brett is a concertmaster for the sydney symphony, with a job at a coffee shop on th...
999 0 28
you lived your life working towards your dream, being a world class soloist! you're not there yet, but locally in your old hometown you are! having m...
26.4K 1.4K 106
What is Eddy, a shy introvert musician like himself, going to do with his crush for a playboy like Brett? And what is his story behind his attitude...
Andante By Avdk80

Fanfiction

364K 15.9K 200
What happens when two boys from strict homes meet and feel things they shouldn't? When Eddy meets Brett his whole world changes.