Love You In My Mind // Sirius...

By toomuchofafangal

Freya loves Sirius Black, but is too scared to tell him. * * * * Can I just love you in my heart, love you... More

Prologue
Characters And Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
About The End (Spoiler Warning!)
Playlist (Spoiler Warning)
New Spin-off Story

Chapter 44

6.4K 182 154
By toomuchofafangal

Not me wanting to continue writing, but ending up binge reading my own story from chapter 18 to 29-
Sorry 'bout that, it took time....

Tuesday was a very eventful day, even without the meeting of this mysterious order.

It began when I received a mysterious letter.

The parchment of the envelope was strangely brown, and there was no address written on it. It was laying on the floor of the hallway, with no indication of how it had gotten dropped off - and I was really suspicious because of it.

I stood over it, contemplating where it could've come from and what to do with it.
I decided to be careful, so I nudged the letter with my foot, waiting for anything suspicious, but nothing happened.

Still, something wasn't right, so I took out my wand and pointed at it. "Wingardium Leviosa."

The envelope rose into the air and followed my wand movements, and I lead it into the kitchen, letting it hover over the table, before taking a closer look at it.
The parchment wasn't just unnaturally brown- there were also a few barely visible red smudges on it, and all of my inner alarm clocks went off.
There was no way I'd open that letter.

Who knew what would happen if I did. Or even touched it.

So I dropped the letter and took a few steps back, just in case, before casting a shield charm between me and the suspicious thing. The blue tinge in the air allowed me to take a relieved breath.

Thank Merlin I was alone, maybe my parents would've opened that letter before paying proper attention.

I took another deep breath and stepped out from behind the shield, which was still hanging in the air.
I shot 'Revelio' at the letter, before yanking back behind the protective shield.

I eyed the envelope and witnessed how it opened itself, and a little piece of regular looking parchment appeared and flew out of it.

With the shield charm still in front of me, I dared to step closer, until I managed to read the words written on it.

CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

Congratulations, Miss Tygris.

You've proven yourself vigilant and careful by not opening the letter. This was your entrance test for the Auror Training at the Ministry of Magic, and I'm pleased to say that you don't seem utterly incompetent.
If you had opened the letter, it would've stunned and knocked you out for several hours, and this note would've told you that you aren't qualified for this job. Lucky for you, you passed, so you're welcome to come to the Ministry's Department of Magical Law Enforcement on September 1st at 9 am.
Use the Visitor's entry this once, you'll be given all of the necessary documents on this day.

Until then, stay vigilant!
Alastor Moody

Head of the department for Auror Training

While reading the letter, a proud and excited feeling spread inside me. I had gotten accepted!!

Very smart of them to test the applicants with their responses, I had to admit that.

Now, I still didn't know how to feel about the letter in front of me. I'd gotten accepted, great, but by the tone of voice in this letter and by the way this Alastor Moody had given it the headline 'constant vigilance' I couldn't tell if it was safe to drop the protective spells yet.
But after I'd waited around ten minutes, I decided to risk it, and dropped the spells.

Nothing happened, thank Merlin.

I took the note again and examined it closer, my grin widening again.

The loud clock signaling that it was now eleven o'clock made me drop the letter.
"Shoot," I murmured, picked up the note again and ran into my bedroom. I dropped it onto the desk, before running out of the house and garden (of course locking everything behind me) and disapparating away.

Before we had parted our ways the last time I'd seen them, James had given me precise descriptions of where the Potter Manor was, so that I could apparate there myself.

It worked, and I found myself on the exact spot where Sirius had apparated us as well.

When I entered the house, I heard Remus' voice coming from the living room.
I followed the noise and joined the others.

But I hadn't expected to see so many people here. James and Sirius were present of course, Remus, obviously, but that wasn't it. Peter, Lily and Marlene were here as well.

Originally, I'd wanted to see James and Sirius and shout that I'd gotten accepted by the department of Magical Law Enforcement, but all courage left me when I saw so many people.

And not to forget, Marlene was standing next to Sirius, his arm was laying on her shoulders.

I swallowed and tore my gaze away from them. "Hi everyone," I greeted them shyly with a little awkward wave of my hand.

"Hi!" Lily was the first to greet back. She was standing between Remus and James and smiled brightly. "Nice to see you joined as well."

I just nodded.
"Hey Frey," Sirius smiled at me, but he didn't move away from where he was standing. "Hi," Marlene grinned from next to him. My chest clenched.

Remus and James said hello, too, and Peter only smiled at me. I might have interpreted his expression wrong, but it looked to me as if he was relieved that I was here as well.

"Are we still waiting for someone?" I asked, and James shook his head.

"No, we can get going. I don't know about you all, but I'm pretty curious."

The others nodded in agreement, and all began to head outside again.
Remus let himself fall back next to me when we reached the garden, but still continued walking.

He looked pretty pale and had dark bags under his eyes, so I figured that the next full moon was very soon.

"I'll apparate with you," He announced with a small smile.
"We'll all do side-by-side apparation, Lily with James, Marls with Sirius, and Peter said he'd go alone so that I could take you. Because only Dumbledore can tell people the address, it's some sort of charm, and he only told us, you know?"

I nodded. The Fidelius Charm, my inner voice whispered.
Smart.

Then we were far enough away from the manor and Remus took my hand before disapparating.

To my surprise, we didn't materialise in front of a house, but inside of it.

There were voices coming from down the hall, and Remus didn't waste a second in following them, so I did the same.

There were only a few chairs in the room, no other furniture, but the amount of people was enough to fill the room anyway.
When Lily, James, Peter, Marlene and Sirius entered the room as well, there were approximately seventeen people in this pretty small room.

They were witches and wizards of all ages, and not just Hogwarts graduates, which relieved me, somehow. I could see Dorcas, Alice and a boy who I presumed was her boyfriend, Frank, too.

Just when James stepped forward and probably wanted to introduce himself to everyone, a brusque looking man with a really weird artificial blue eye and a wooden leg stopped him.
"Safe your words, young one. We shouldn't throw our names around just like that! Imagine if someone got captured and forced to tell everyone everything they know? Wouldn't want them to know all of our names, do we?"

I blinked. I knew that I could be a little pessimistic from time to time, but this man had straight up ruined the mood. Peter stepped a few steps back. He didn't take his eyes off the bright artificial one of this man, and I could really understand, why. He was creepy, I'm telling you.

"Uhm," James blinked, looking baffled.

"Oh, come on, Alastor," a relatively young man with blue eyes and bright red hair said. "We still have to be able to trust one another, so it's a good thing to be on friendly terms with everyone."

Alastor. I remembered that name.

"But this is serious!" The man insisted. "Constant vigilance!" He barked, and it was at this moment that I recognised that he'd been the one who'd sent me the reply from the department of Magical Law Enforcement. I didn't know how to feel about that. Was he going to be my teacher?

"How do you think I've managed to keep myself alive all these years!?" He continued, glaring at the other man.

"Barely, when I see how many body parts he's lost," I heard Marlene mutter behind me.

I suppressed a grin, and I could hear how Sirius snorted a little too loud.

The man's magical eye turned to Sirius, and I suppose he was about to scold him, when Professor Dumbledore entered the room.

"Aah, everyone is already here, I see," He stated in his usual calm voice.

Everything quieted down and all eyes traveled to the old Professor. "I'd like you all to meet our newest members: Lily Evans, James Potter, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, Marlene McKinnon, Peter Pettigrew, Dorcas Meadowes, Freya Tygris, Alice Fortescue and Frank Longbottom."

He pointed at each of us when saying our name. "All of them have been remarkable students at Hogwarts and I'm glad to have them be part of our team."
He smiled at us, and the group of wizards and witches in the room all muttered their hellos.

"Welcome," Dumbledore said, "To the Order of the Phoenix."

We've basically hit 2K views, that's so crazy!
And more than 300 votes 🥳

Aaaand:

That's pretty awesome, thank you all so much!!!  Fifty thousand is a REEEAAALLY big number, so being in the top 1k is a really big deal!

I hope you're still enjoying it!

I'm getting more and more busy with school, but I don't think you'll have to wait toooo long for the chapters, I'm way too inconsequent for that :D

Still, if you don't hear from me, it's because I'm doing stuff for school (my exams begin next week 😑)

And since I've procrastinated the whole day now, I've gotta go study now, so bye 👋

Love you all! 💙💙

Stay happy!
Xoxo, your fangirl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 67.3K 142
TW: drugs, physical abuse, torture Book Two (Frigus) is out now! Some people are just born to fight. It's not that they're born brave. It's not tha...
137K 5.6K 74
"You kissed Sirius," I sob. "I know, Cordelia." He whispers. "It's so horrible." "Yes, it is. I wish you hadn't had to see that," I rest my head agai...
90.2K 1.5K 91
In which the blindness of uncertainty became clear with the love of one's heart and love did conquer all fear. "It's so clear with you. Always" ...
236K 9.9K 67
Lyall Lupin had once told his son this: Love's not all that complicated. It tells you who it's after and it either gets what it wants or destroys you...