COLD

Par Butterflyqueen

CEO Blake Crystal Presley is respected by almost everyone, because he is one of 'Forbs most eligible billiona... Plus

chapter one
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight

chapter two

826 67 88
Par Butterflyqueen

Chapter two

I told my sister the next morning about Blake Presley of 'crystal foods' and she stared at me with disbelieve.

"You must be joking." She said raising her left eyebrow and I showed her the note.

"This can't be true." She gasped as she read the note aloud.

"I don't know who he is, but I know he visits the restaurant where I work often." I was too busy trying to get the attention of my green-eyed idol, to notice someone else.

Cecily stared at me, shaking her head as I told her everything. "It's too good to be true. Don't you know who Mr. Presley is?" she asked and I shrugged.

She took my hand and led me to the bed even though I was dripping wet and in my towel after shower. She sat opposite me and smiled softly. "I still can't believe it"

I learnt from my sister that Blake Presley is the current CEO of crystal foods, and he is insanely rich and not to forget handsome too, but he couldn't be as 'hot' as my idol at the restaurant so, I rolled my eyes when she kept describing him as a 'hot'.

"...I saw him on TV once and I found myself rooted to a spot in awe." She continued "he was extremely hot. So did he mention why he wanted to see you?"

I shook my head and started laughing.

"What do you want to do now?' she asked ignoring my outpour.

"Honestly, I don't know, but I would go and see him at his office and find out what he wants from me."

I stood up immediately and got dressed wearing my plain white shirt and faded blue jeans skirt, with my sister staring at me like I had fallen from the sky. I knew I lacked style, but it didn't bother me at all. I remember feeling beautiful and special as my sister applied mascara, eye liner and then lip gloss on my face. It felt nice to have someone do my make up ad treat me specially.

"You look beautiful Miranda." Cecily said and I rolled my eyes with disbelieve. flattery wouldn't get her anywhere. I knew how I looked with my little breast that is hardly noticeable without a supporting bra; well I had a curvaceous behind and it helps to make my jeans fit, but I was not the definition of perfection or sexy even though I could be called pretty at times, my body anything but perfect.

It was easy to feel overwhelmed in the city of the sky scrapers watching the scene ofNew Yorkas my brother skillfully maneuvered his way out of traffic. It was the usual, yellow taxis, men and women walking down the side walk, every thing busy and hectic. I relaxed at the back of my brothers' black BMW. It was not new in the market but it was comfortable and classy.

After asking me series of uncomfortable questions he dropped me off and drove away.Crystalfoods headquarters was located at the outskirts and it was like ten sky scrappers combined if I could measure how wide the building was. I loved how it was surrounded by green. It was stupid of me to come here alone.

So many cars were parked at the parking lot and nearby huge trailers were being stocked up with finished goods for marketing.

Crystalfoods were makers of food Products, baby food, coffee, milk, cereals, noodles, confectionary, bottled water and ice-cream. I walked closer to the glass entrance door trying to blend in with the sea of people that streamed in and out. The place was so busy it was almost like visiting a construction site. I was about to walk in when someone grabbed my arm.

"Excuse me miss."

It was a well dressed security man. Damn. What should I tell him? Thank god I brought the letter written by the CEO himself. Hold the trumpet. What if this was a ruse and someone was trying to play on my intelligence, to see how stupid I was. I played into their hands directly without thinking of the consequences. I am such a fool; no CEO would see me and want me.

"Leave me alone, what do you want?" I tried to struggle out of the death grip with no success.

"May I see your identity card miss?"

Shit. "Umm, a-actually I am here to see....see the CEO."

The man eyed me suspiciously and snorted. "What is your mission here?" of course he wouldn't believe me.

"Let me go. I have his note as a proof." I am so stupid. Someone just showed up and gave me a letter and I believe it was from the CEO, if only Claire cold see me now; she would have laughed her head off. I looked round for divine intervention as the man waited for my explanation. There was nothing I could say that would make the man believe me and not take me as a fool. I had only one option. Swallow my pride and walk-limp away.

"Miss, you would have to come with me. You have few questions to answer before we can let you go."

Oh god, not this. I noticed a particular man walking towards the opposite direction. There was something about his retreating back view that screamed familiar at me, as the man half pulled me away. He pretty much looked like the man that approached me in the dark yesterday. He didn't see me because he was going the opposite direction. I tried my wriggle out of the man's grip without success.

"Stephen Jordan" I shouted as I summoned enough courage, so he could hear me. He stopped abruptly and turned slowly. Oh jeez. He is the one, the man holding me also stopped immediately.

"Miss Young. You came." His voice was filled with disbelieve as he walked towards me.

I yanked my arm out of the man's grip and he apologized. It feels so stupid to be here. "Honestly, I thought it was a ruse." I said to Stephen when he stopped in front of me, the security guy apologized again and hurried off.

"It's nice to see you again. Miss Young. Come the boss would like to see you now."

My heart fluttered with hope again; maybe it was indeed true that I had a secret admirer. What if he wants me to sleep with him? Why else would he give me the note? I had to find out. As soon as I passed the executive secretary office that was absolutely stunning with her sweet smile I knew there was trouble in paradise for me. She looked at me briefly but said nothing since I was with Stephen.

He led me towards a huge white corridor with red soft looking carpet and opened a glass illuminated door and I followed him into the air conditioned office. I held my breath, every thing in here screamed wealth. I felt like an outcast.

Standing by the immaculately clean, clear and smooth glass window of the forty-seventh and final floor of the building, was the green-eyed man from the restaurant. The man I idolize and worship for his beauty, he looked stunning in his dark-blue suit. How could it be him? He never seems to notice me in the past. Why would he write me the note? This is so good to be true.

His eyes rested on mine briefly for the first time before acknowledging Stephen's presence, it was then I released my breath.

"She is here sir." Stephen said.

"I can see that. You may go now Stephen, tell Mrs. Smith to adjourn our meeting to next week Friday." He said softly with both hands in his pockets.

His office was large, painted in white, I wanted to look around me, but my eyes remained glued to his body, it was hard for me to believe that he wanted to see me. I was completely hypnotized.

"Yes sir." Stephen said, glancing my way briefly and walked out quietly.

I stood rigid to a spot not caring about my immediate glittery environment, I would have done anything to have his attention for a minute back then at the restaurant, now I'm here waiting for him to spill out his mind.

He assessed my dressing and smiled, he motioned to me to sit and I went towards the red L-shaped sofa.

"How old are you Miss Young?"

That question caught me off guard as he went to sit behind the heavily polished mahogany table. I felt too vulnerable as he stared at me. He looked calm and at ease in his multi-billion dollar home office while I tried not to squirm under his penetrative gaze. Why is he so beautiful? His parents would have been a pretty couple when they were young.

"N-nineteen" I said looking at my fingers and twisting them as I couldn't hold his gaze anymore.

He studied me carefully like I was a laboratory specimen, then stroked his neat chin and remained like that for several minutes and my tension increased. "Too young" He muttered.

"You should be in school why are you working as a waitress?

I guess he called me here to interview me, so he can offer me a job? My heart sagged with relief. I didn't know what to tell him, should I tell him about my sickle cell, or should I keep looking at his beautiful profile like a voiceless nymph.

He raised his left eyebrows. "You use your mouth for talking and not your eyes. Miss Young." He did have a smart mouth which I could stare out all day at and fantasise about.

I know this is a boring bit, but please give it a try and tell me what you think,Ive eddited and put lot's of hard work in this. ^selena^

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

15.7M 464K 43
Isabella Smith, a twenty two year old woman struggling to make it through the evils of the world and surviving through thick and thin to give her sis...
1.8M 45.8K 128
She was his motivation. Madison Connor, the only woman he had ever loved, the woman he had hurt, the woman he had left. Billionaire Damien Daniels ha...
106K 3.2K 53
Nathan Howland. Not your average everyday student. Unless having the title of 'The Demon' is average. An aggressive nerd is not one you'd meet any d...
184K 3K 51
"Don't..." he rubbed my clit slowly, and I gasped, closing my eyes shut. "You ever think of talking about that damn blondie in front of me again," he...