Say My Name [ Teacher-Student...

By Downeys

He was her mothers coworker. Then he was her superior. He was a friend when there were none. He was a comfort... More

Ch.1 - Reluctant Fresh Start
Ch.2 - The Unexpected Colleague
Ch.3 - A Proposition
Ch.4 - Seattle Mercy-Grace University
Ch.5 - School Tour
Ch.6 - Decisions Been Made
Ch.7 - Rude Awakenings
Ch.8 - Third Times The Charm
Ch.9 - Read To Write
Ch.10 - Hoping For A Better Day
Ch.11 - Drunk Dial The Right Person
Ch.12 - Not A Simple Friday
Ch.13 - Coffee For The Cold Hearted
Ch.14 - Not So Bad
Ch.15 - Nice And Close
Ch.16 - Lectures And Conversations
Ch.17 - Pained Together
Ch.18 - About To Lose Her Mind
Ch.19 - Something Warm
Ch.20 - Loosening Up
Ch.21 - Recountings In Reverie
Ch.22 - Defuse The Bomb
Ch.23 - Longing For Lasting Warmth
Ch.24 - Predicaments Over Interrogations
Ch.25 - She Swears She Doesnt Care
Ch.26 - Is This Real
Ch.27 - Like Magnets
Ch.28 - Only Human
Ch.29 - No Labels
Ch.30 - Distasteful Disaster
Ch.31 - Bandaids To Wounds
Ch.32 - Embracing The Shadows
Ch.34 - Minty Sweet
A/N
Ch.35 - Library Full Of Grace
Ch.36 - Not Warned But Aware
Ch.37 - A Juiceless Fruit
Ch.38 - Let It Be
Ch.39 - No To Multitasking
Ch.40 - Many Mixed Emotions
Ch.41 - Some Things Aren't Unearthed Gradually
Ch.42 - Mirror Mirror
Ch.43 - Nightmares Vrs Reality
Ch.44 - Charlie's Pain
Ch.45 - The Emotions Of Aftershock
Ch.46 - Come Closer, Be Closer
Ch.47 - Don't Say It's True
Ch.48 - Pizza And Grey Skies
Ch.49 - Reflected Dynamics
Ch.50 - Adore Him
Ch.51 - Blacked Out Shades
Ch.52 - Friends Of His
Ch.53 - A Dance To Remember
Ch.54 - He Rights A Wrong
Ch.55 - Tangled Bodies, Twisted Sheets
Ch.56 - Useless Words
Ch.57 - He's Just Right There
Ch.58 - Life Support
Ch.59 - Gone, Gone, Gone
Ch.60 - Time To Tell
Ch.61 - Conflicted Lust
Ch.62 - A Storm Is Brewing
Ch.63 - A Diverted Gaze
Ch.64 - Just Do It. It's Fine
Ch.65 - Progression Not Regression
Ch.66 - Nothing Lasts Forever
Ch.67 - Molly First, Denial Second
Ch.68 - Misconstrued Deceit
Ch.69 - Timber
Ch.70 - Never Let Her Go
Ch.71 - Breathe
Ch.72 - Cold. So Cold
Ch.73 - Visceral Pain
Ch.74 - Heroic Or Selfish
Ch.75 - Please Just Don't
Ch.76 - Ticking Time
Ch.77 - Moments Are Momentary
Ch.78 - Sick No Longer
Ch.79 - That Should Be Her
Ch.80 - Cloudy Partings
Ch.81 - Never Known Peace
Ch.82 - Not Like Magnets
Ch.83 - No More Lies
Ch.84 - Be Angry
Ch.85 - Reflected Reminiscing
Ch.86 - This Feeling
Ch.87 - Him
Ch.88 - Broken Pieces
Final Chapter - Say Love
Epilogue - Part 1 - Promises
Epilogue - Part 2 - Begin Again

Ch.33 - Laugh Or Love, Die Or Try

3.5K 122 41
By Downeys

On this rainy March 27th day I was talking to my friend Elizabeth about this book and she guessed the entire plot in one go after months of me planning this story out and in five minutes she used her super mind reading powers in one fell swoop. Crazy.

-

So today's actually May 25/15. Crazy that it's been almost two months since I wrote this chapter. These uploads are really starting to catch up. Eeeeeeee. Anyways.

This acts as a part one of a two piece scene. Check out the other half ive already uploaded :) Enjoy!

________________________________________________

There are unique moments circling at all seconds, minutes, and or hours of the day. Maybe its uncertain during that time to understand that whats unfolding is a divot in a windy path, a rock in a serene world, a change in steady steps.

Examples being when out walking in the park, or eating munching at a favourite cafe, chatting with friends in the mall, or at school, and it's progressing as normal routine, nothing much changed, when this person bumps into a strangers shoulder, or asks to borrow a pencil as the new kid in class, asks to sit in the open seat at a strangers table, or a tap on the shoulder thinking that it's someone else.

One second there isn't an interruption or introduction, then there's the commencing of conversation and a relationship bonds within few passed words. Unknowingly to both parties that the opposite person whom has just cameo'd in a new storyline of a new life, is going to change each others lives irreversibly. The roads have both joined and divided in course yet twisting together at the same time because they are that one person who's going to change the others life.

No idea as she shook a strangers warm hand, still in her sweats that one rainy night, trying to finish up her taco, that her world as she knew it was already changing. She hadn't a clue that the shadowed man standing uncomfortably at the door would be the one to comfort her nightmares, hear her secrets, and be that trusted one and only.

Looking back as the bond grows stronger, would she regret it all if it came to an end? Would he regret ever stepping foot in her families house? Would they see it coming when they were both so neck deep beneath it all? Like jumping into a flowing river packed with only a floaty and hope, being pulled along by the current, too caught up by it all in the moment to notice where it was heading, laughing, crying, healing, hurting, to see just what they had gotten into? What she had gotten into? Only able to see clearly when you clamber out of those swirling waves do you realize if it was all worth it or not.

The point is, which will she see?

Up or down. In or out. Win or lose. Breathe or choke. Laugh or love. Die or try.

She hadn't been able to talk to him all day.

Stuck in her seat, burdened by everyone else's presence, she was willed into silence. It wasn't so bad though. She could sit in a little huddle within her sweater, simply gazing at Robert as he spoke rhythmic melodies teaching on matters made completely interesting. The swinging of his hips as he walks, the wild gesturing of his hands, or enthusiastic comments he often ad-libs into his lessons--or so it seemed. Like the way some of the things he says seem so off the cuff, so random yet a poet fact of thought. Even when discussing simple things such as differences in paragraph structures or the power of word choice. He had their attention. Well. Most of the groups attention. There would always be the special few who were busy napping in the back or doing something else completely off topic like texting or doodling, stuff like that. Still he made it intriguing for those who cared.

The subtle glances that wash her way, eyes catching hers for a millisecond before breaking away. How he stays so unreadable while she fought off her raising blood pressure was a power of sorts. Every gaze of his was starting to send those little shivering waves through her core, almost always going red fighting against the urge tugging at her cheeks. Thankfully no one (but him) had noticed her heatstrokes.

She felt ridiculous and awkward but there wasn't much she could do about her natural reactions. Growingly she was finding her crush raising to skin level where it was harder to keep under wraps--not that it was a bad thing, not with, you know, their natural thingy (not a relationship. Just a, yeah, a thingy).

The given time to read had sure been interesting as she kept finding her wandering stare matching his. On those occasions he would simply smile and go back to his book. Her book. The one she had leant him. The same way she was reading his Charlie Chaplin book. Almost reaching its back cover by now.

She was physically much looser today. Her stress levels had plummeted after seeing him yesterday. The still rising weird sensation that is the realization that she and Robert, that they, what happened yesterday. It was real and it was a lot. Should she ask how he's doing? Would that be too personal? Maybe she shouldn't. Or she should?

Tossing and turning his proclamations that he was in the midst of legalizing separation and he had a daughter. A tiny little five year old girl named Ava. Twelve months younger than Moll. Crazy. Charlotte had then proceeded to ponder over what Molly was up to at this very moment. Maybe practicing counting, or writing. Reading.

What did Robert's daughter look like? Did she have her fathers kind, warm, features or her moms Hollywood like looks? Maybe a mix of both. Probably not old enough to tell, actually.

A wife--ex-wife?

She seemed so cold, so opposite to Robert. What had they found in each other that had them deciding on marriage? Well. If anyone knew that people can change, it was Charlotte. Anyways, it was none of her business. Right? It didn't affect her, and it wouldn't besides the fact that her and Robert were nothing but naturally moving along. Being there for each other. No labels. No boundaries.

Tentatively she moves back into the classroom. Her backpack slung over her single shoulder, peeking into the space to find it clear of students.

She had waved off her friends as best she could, trying not to seem like she was going straight back into the room they had just vacated. Not that they weren't used to that though. They knew she stayed behind awaiting her ride from her mom. The thing that was different today though was that her mom thought she was going off to study with them and would be back by five to drive back to the house. A just under three hour free window. So since most faculty likely knew her face as Terry's daughter, she was on stealth mode feeling some what like a tame James Bond--although just thinking like that was making her stupidly nervous.

Whatever.

She slips into the room and Robert glances up like he's just finished a coughing fit, looking from his desk, peering over his glasses as he finds whose walked into his room. He straightens, kicking his feet from off his desk. "Hey." He grins, clearing his raspy throat. "Thought you'd gone."

She double checks the space, before replying. "Nope, not yet."

"Just you and I." Referring to her wariness if they were alone or not. She deflates from her strict posture, relieved to finally be able to chat with him. He waves her over, putting the papers he had been reading aside. "You've got to look at this."

"Yeah?" She wanders over, trying to slow her speedy heart rate because come on, really. "Look at what exactly."

He flips up the top paper as she comes to stand before his desk, showing a perfect score. Her scribblish hand writing barely making her tiny printed name readable. Lightly she laughs. "Good. I worked hard on that analysis."

"Certainly showed." He comments, putting the sheet neatly back where it belongs.

There's a bit of a lull as she wants to say something, ask him how he's doing, but they both end up glancing at the door hesitantly. Nervous as to whom could easily glide in and make assumptions of exactly what lay between the teacher and student.

"Hmm." He notes before pushing from his seat in one fluid motion, tucking in his chair after him, collecting his things. "How about my office?" Gesturing to the door off by the chalk board. The same one she had oddly just noticed a mere week ago.

"Yeah." She moves along with him, one eye steady on the far open door to 130B as they move. She can't help but blush, biting at her lip, as they brush shoulders. Sharing a warm glance before she's staring back at the other door, wide open and leaving them vulnerably bare.

The jingly of keys brings her attention back to the man at her side where, just that, keys appears. Quick to jam them in the knob, he steps in as the door swings open.

It's dark. The only light managing in has to get past her shadow in the doorway first.

She can barely make out the space but somehow (maybe muscle memory) Robert finds himself walking straight into it, all confident until she hears him hit something, the sound of papers falling to the floor along with something else big falling over with a clutter. All she hears from the silence that follows is a simple "Shit." She laughs lightly as he continues to bumble around then there was light as the click of a lamp ignited.

Blinking a few times to have her eyes readjust from the brief time in the dark, she takes in the office and Robert bending down, scooping up the files that had slipped from his grip. He peers up at her as he gets them all in order and her heart stops as the light hits his face perfectly. The way a few strands of hair hang on his forehead, big eyes and a steady smile. "I hope you don't mind, it's a bit of a mess at the moment."

"I don't mind one bit." Gazing around she sees another desk, maybe even older and creamier than the one in class, stacked with papers and books, files of all sorts, and bunches of pens. Boxes littered here and there, stacked against each other, and on top. Shelves full of books line the walls (hiding another door that must lead out into the hall) along with a big world map with little tacks in it. Along side that was a wall full of pictures, all also tacked in place against a board. There wasn't enough light to make out the images well enough but she shied away almost instantly, like that was something he should bring to her attention if he was comfortable enough. Even with her natural curiosity, she put him first.

"It's nice." She comments, noting its not really all that messy at all. Just...a place of work. The two comfy looking chairs before the desk suggest that maybe he once used this place more often. The couch at the far wall where a window was located just above it, blinds tightly shut.

"It'll be nice once I get this place clean." He laughs, dropping his stuff on his desk. "I can't remember why I stopped coming in here. Just wasn't useful I suppose."

She finds herself stepping in further, pulling at her sleeves as she watches him stride over to the window, one knee landing on the soft white cushions as he leans over opening the blinds, pushing the window open. Inhaling, she flourishes in the cool air that wafts her way. "Fresh air."

He swings towards her, grinning. "Get all this awful stagnant stuff out of here."

"It's not that bad." She tries but he only levels her with a playful look. Shrugging with a sheepish smile, she admits, "Give it five minutes."

His smile widens, nodding in agreement. "If you want you can shut the door, if you're comfortable with that."

Giving a half glance at the door, biting at her lip she does just that.

As she turns her attention back to him, he's in front of her. She hadn't even heard him move and so quickly too. She doesn't flinch, she doesn't frighten. She only looks up to him, warmth spreading across her features as she feels his fingers grazing her cheek and tucking some loose hair behind her ear. At that moment, having not noticed, a second lamps light brightens the room as he pulls on it's cord. His voice low as he speaks, gentle. "Make yourself at home."

Warmth falling away as he wanders back to his desk and she's just standing there, eyes lingering over his moving muscles.

Rubbing at the back of her neck, she's looking around for a place to settle. Slipping her blue bag into one seat, and settling in the other before the desk. Twiddling her thumbs for a moment as Robert continues putting things in places, apparently feeling the urge to clean up a bit now. "So. How are you?" She asks.

Licking his lips before he speaks. "Right now, I'm good." He flashes her a grin before shoving some folders into a box he's pulled up to rest on the desk top.

"How's your face?"

He gives her a questioning brow, a small smirk spreading.

She instantly blushes. "I mean, I never asked if you were hurt after the, um."

"Ah, yes. The fumble at the concert where I was stupidly drunk?"

"Don't worry about that."

"I do apologize for my behaviour."

Dipping her head shyly, fingers tracing circles on her left palm. "I'd say it worked out pretty well in the end."

The intensity of his focus mixing with her own feels almost unbearable. "Yeah, it did, didn't it?" His eyes linger on her for a moment as if he wants to come closer, but then he looks off, pushing a hand through his hair, clearing his throat. "But no. No bruising or anything like that. I'm kind of used to that sorta thing with the Kung fu training and all."

Taking a moment to reply as she takes in his bit flustered state, she half smiles. "Looked like you knew your stuff."

Warmth tugging at his lips then a thought clearly popping in his head, his gaze meets hers. "Hey."

She raises her own curious tilt of the chin. "Hey."

Robert lets go of what he was rummaging with, leaning his hip on the side if the desk. "Wing Chung is... it's helpful. Helps me control myself a bit better: my emotions. Helps me control my surroundings." He works his jaw for a moment and she's wondering where he's going with this.

"That's great."

He shifts uncomfortably, gesturing to her obviously hesitant. "Would you, would you want to learn a few moves? Would that help you?"

"Help me--" Oh. The question dying on her lips. Help her. Protect herself. Defend herself.

"I mean, you don't have to have an answer now. Just something to think about, if you'd want. I'm here."

She has to clench her eyes closed as memories flood back. How much even must basic knowledge could have helped her. She stops the thoughts before they get the best of her, breathing in deeply, and exhaling with a roll of her shoulders. Yes. Yes, she would like that very much. Why hadn't she thought of defence classes? Why hadn't she--she would be a different person right--Can't change the past. Accept. She could redirect her future though. Not that she didn't fight him then because when she was able to, she did. She really did. "I'd..." Another exhale of stale breath. "Yeah." She nods, looking to him with a mixture of emotions. "Could you?"

He forgets his files entirely, straightening with a warm look in his eyes. An understanding aura. "Of course. It's, well. Just let me know your comfort level, okay?" Offering out his hand as he steps beside her.

Looking from the outstretched palm to those brown eyes, she surely takes it.

__________________________________________________

RANDOM QUESTION: If you could make two wishes to come true, what would they be?

COMMENT. VOTE. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE THING TO DRINK.

Next chapter is already up! Keep reading to find out!

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have a fantastic day. You're all amazing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.8K 4.4K 44
π™π™€π˜Όπ˜Ύπ™ƒπ™€π™ 𝙭 π™Žπ™π™π˜Ώπ™€π™‰π™ π™π™Šπ™ˆπ˜Όπ™‰π˜Ύπ™€ I have seen/read many stories where a student is crazy in love with her professor.. but what happens...
991K 25K 61
In an instant his lips were on mine, and without even knowing how, I felt myself succumbing to him. I pulled away quickly, but both of his hands went...
618K 10.5K 38
(COMPLETED AND EXTREMELY CRINGY AT TIMES. MANY PLOT HOLES TOO LOL. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.) When 17-year-old Danielle Brooks is caught for underground fi...