I Was Right, Love Is Messy (T...

By ItsKristenWrites

Kate has had enough of her demons and she is now looking for forgiveness, after two years of not seeing her e... More

Author's note
1. See you tomorrow, Miss Montgomery
2. The promise
3. Friendship bracelets
4. I'll leave you alone
5. I'm always hot
6. What besties are for
7. Secrets
8. Curiosity killed the cat
9. Curiosity broke Kate's arm?
10. Hospital stories
11. She is not the only one
12. Cat toys
13. The truth
14. You are real to me
15. Make me feel wanted
16. Just the gay panic
17. Jealousy gives us hope
18. The eyes gave you away
19. Borrowing book's pages

20. No more games, and no more running

694 38 19
By ItsKristenWrites

Kate's POV

After hours of thinking what should I reply to Jen's DM about my date, I ended up just sending a picture of the meal that I just ordered.

"That was close" I mumbled to myself as I drank a sip of wine, I don't look like a minor, so according to the rules of "can I get your ID?", I am a legal adult.

I glanced at my phone and saw that Monty was already typing, so I rapidly locked my phone.

The woman has been texting me nonstop since my "date" began...and truth to be told...I didn't have a date. But in my defense, she was ignoring me after saying some pretty confusing things about her being jealous; so I thought, maybe jealousy can bring her to talk to me again?

And it did, but it was difficult to fake a date when she was being so noisy about it, asking questions and asking for pictures. I was literally in my pajamas until she started asking me for photos of the place, and since I don't give a damn, I'm now in my pajamas but in a fancy place.

"Is there something else we can get you ma'am?" A waiter suddenly asked me.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you" I said politely.

I knew this place was too fancy to just let me in while I was in my pijamas, so I called to make a reservation first, used my acting skills, and put the reservation for "Katherina Voight", because that name opens doors.

"Should we prepare something for your companion?" The waiter asked, signaling the empty seat next to mine.

"That would be-" I started, but my voice got lost as I gazed behind the waiter, and a perfect goddess got into the restaurant.

She was absolutely stunning, she was wearing a gold tight dress that made her skin sparkle at the dim moonlight, her blonde locks falling into her shoulders, making her look like a star that came to light our night.

All of her looked almost holy, she always looked beautiful, but this...she was with no doubt the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

She started talking with the reception, and they didn't take long to let her in; she started walking into the restaurant, looking for someone while I just watched her in awe.

But then, she locked eyes with me. A joyous smile started spreading in both of our faces as she walked rapidly towards me. I stood up as an instinct, and she rushed to meet me, stopping at arms length, suddenly remembering where we were.

"You're gorgeous" I said looking at her ocean eyes.

She smiled timidly and I took the opportunity to tuck a lock of hair behind her ear. She took my hand in hers, intertwining our fingers.

"You make a beautiful couple, I'll come back in a minute" the waiter, who I didn't know was still there, said.

Jen looked at him confusingly, and as if remembering why she was here, she took a step back and let go of my hand. I instantly missed her warmth.

"Why are you dressed like that?" Jen asked, I immediately blushed in embarrassment.

"I- uh...I-" I sutered. "We- I....this-...look I certainly regret not dressing up now" I said looking her up and down for like the fifth time.

"Jessica didn't mind? I'm pretty sure the Jessica I know would mind...or she didn't dress up either?" She asked.

Oh. My. G-d. I forgot I was in a fake date with Jessica right now. Dear G-d, I am asking for your guidance and-

"Earth to Kate" Monty said passing a hand in front of my face. "You've been zooming out a lot since I got here" she joked, which made me even more nervous than what I already was.

"Do you want to sit?" I asked her in an attempt to change the subject.

She made a funny face, smirking but then squinting her eyes.

"But wouldn't Je-"

Was she going to ask if my fake date would've minded? I don't think so, given that you know, it's a fake date.

"How rude of me, maybe you're here with someone. Or maybe you just don't want to sit with me, anyways it's fine...I'll tell Jess you said hi" I said trying to hide my discomfort at picturing her in a date.

"What? So you're basically sending me away so you can be with your date, right?" Jen sneered, unable to hide her discomfort as well as I did.

"Absolutely not" I said rapidly.

We both stayed silent for a moment, before Jen's gaze softened and she nodded. I guided her towards her seat, and not until she was in it, I came back to mine.

"As I said before, you look stunning" I said checking her out, again.

"Thank you, you always look great yourself...even though I didn't think you'd come to a date dressed like this" she laughed.

"What? You don't like my sweatpants? Tough crowd I guess" I said chucking and Jen soon followed.

"You always look amazing Kate, sweatpants or not" she said, and the intensity of her gaze took my breath away.

As much as I wanted to sit here and just talk about anything, I felt like we needed to talk about what happened yesterday, I wanted to talk about it.

"You didn't come to school today, and you didn't reply to my text either; well, not until I was in this date" I said biting my lower lip.

She took a shuddering breath, and licked her lips before answering.

"I know, I know I've got a lot of explaining to do, so let me start by saying that I'm sorry, I'm sorry about disappearing like that...I was...trying to figure out what I felt, and what I wanted to do about it" she gulped.

"And what did you felt?" I asked eagerly for her answer.

"I felt...I feel...jealousy" she said, her eyes locked on mine. "I feel...jealous because I don't want to see you in a date with anybody else...I feel...insecure, because you might like Jess more...and I feel.." she paused, a dazzling smile taking over her face. "I feel like I wanna kiss you all damn time" she ended.

My mouth opened in surprise, so this goddess wanted to kiss...me? I smiled, and apparently it encouraged her to continue.

"And I feel so much more things, you made me feel so much more things...so that's why I'm asking you..." another pause, and that breathtaking smile. "Ditch your date and come with me" she offered, extending her hand.

"Yes!" I shouted, making a few people turn in our direction but I couldn't care less.

"Meet me at my car after you say goodbye to Jessica" Jen said squeezing my hand.

Then she stood up and started walking away, the smile never leaving her face. I quickly asked for a box to take home my not-even touched meal, paid for it, and rushed to meet Monty at her car.

My heart was bumping like crazy, I felt the adrenaline rush and I relished on it. I spotted Monty's car and ran towards it, quickly getting inside and giving her a smile.

"That was fast" she said chuckling, immediately getting into motion.

Since we were being honest with each other, I should probably be honest too about my fake date too.

"Yeah...about that" I said sheepishly.

Jen looked at me briefly before putting her eyes back on the road, and taking my hand in hers, giving it a squeeze.

"You can tell me anything" Jen said, her words full of truth.

The level of relief I feel right now because I didn't fell in love with someone like Brianna who could practically killed me, but instead I fell in love with someone like Jen.

"I didn't really had a date with Jess." I said rapidly. "Oh but you know what I did have? I had the most amazing pasta I-"

Suddenly Monty hit the brakes and her car came to a stop, and because I really wasn't expecting it, I hit my head with the passengers door.

"Aww, what the fuck Monty?" I said puting a hand in my forehead.

"You!" Monty said astonished.

"Me?" I asked, still massaging my forehead.

"Why did you lied to me? Do you know how missarable I've been?" Monty said, directing me a "I'm gonna murder you" look.

"I-...I didn't, I only knew you were hiding from our connection...and destiny, and possibly fate...and I acted...so funny thing, you should know I'm not mature at all...I tried to make you jealous, but- but look on the bright side! It worked and now we're together" I said, putting my hands in the air and smiling brigthly.

However, Monty didn't saw my smile or my attempt to win her over by looking cute and ignoring the growing pain in my forehead; she started shaking her head and somehow she was still not aware that she stopped the car in the middle of the street...I might not be american but I do know you're not supposed to do that.

"I don't expect you to act, or think like an old lady...but blatantly lying to me, meanwhile I-" She turned to look at me. "OH MY G-D!!" Monty screamed while covering her mouth with her hands.

"Oh my G-d, what? Are we getting kidnaped?" I said while rapiddly turining to look all around me. "Is this because I used my full dutch name to get us in the restaurant? ARE WE GOING TO DIE?" I said, just a minute away form having a full on panic attack.

Monty swalloed hard, and then forced herself to be the calm one...which honeslty was the wise thing to do, I just accpeted outloud that I'm not mature, at all. I'm like a toddler in a teenager body.

"Okay, don't- don't panick...hum..but you..oh- we, no I- " Monty started, while beggining to drive again.

"What? Do I suddenly look horrible to you? Do you suddenly realized we might be cousins?" I asked, all the stories I read on Wattpad and cheap dramas getting the best of me.

"What? No!" Monty said. "I...you're bleeding...your forehead" she ended briefly looking at me.

That's when I looked down on my hands and my now ruined pijamas that held drops of what now I knew was blood.

"I'm taking you to the hospital, it's all going to be all right" Monty lied, she is not a very good actress.

"Go...go...to the pink hospital that is a few blocks from here, I've been there before and they already have my chart and my information...just in case I might need surgery...or a donor...or..." I rambled.

"YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DIE!" Monty yelled, panic evident thought her voice.

"WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT DYING?" I yelled just as laud and just as panicked.

The next few minutes that took Jen to get to the hospital were purely about the both of us panicking, me trying to give her all my possesions and a detalied list of how I wanted my funeral...and Monty trying not to cry which just made her panic even more than before.

"She might have a concussion" Monty said to the doctor who was cleaning the wound on my forehead. "And- and she almost passed out, also she might-" she continued.

"Ma'am, I know you're worried about your girlfriend, but she's not even going to need stiches...she'll leave with just a bandage" the doctor said pressing my forehead and then taking a step back so she could look me in the eyes. "And you, just take it easy for the night, I'm guessing the initial shock and panic of seeing blood got your blood pressure high, stay for a while until you feel better and then you're free to go, your girlfriend already filled out your details for you" she ended, and with that she gave Jen and I a smile and walked away.

"See? The doctor called you my girlfriend, that's a sign you should take all my possessions in case I die" I said.

"I normally condemn violence in every way, but if you die, I'll bring you back just so I can kill you myself" Jen said very seriously.

"Okay fine, I won't die" I said surrendering.

We looked at each others eyes, smiling about the ridiculousness of the situation. The silence stretched for a few seconds as we both enjoyed the moment, and the peace we were finally feeling.

"I'm so sorry I lied to you" I said, grabbing her hand.

"It's fine, now I get why you did it" Jen said. "Just, let's try to be more honest from now on...I don't want to run away from this any longer, and I can't bear the thought of you lying to me."

My heart ached, it was as if the mere thought of me lying again painfully cut her.

"Never again, I promise" I said earnestly. "No more games, and no more running"

She smiled. "No more games, and no more running"

-------------------

So this might come as a shock, but I'm still alive and I'M BACK. I'm so so sorry I have left the story like this for quite a long time...tbh life kept changing and throwing me curveballs and I didn't have time to write. I'm so sorry and so grateful for all of you who either way kept reading, it's no excuse but one of the biggest reasons I stopped writing was me falling in and out of love, and don't get me wrong live laugh women, but man, love kicks your ass so hard sometimes.

I plan on finishing this story and keep on writing, I'm not sure yet how often I'll be posting a chapter or in which story I want to focus on after this one, however, I'm aiming to maybe upload one chapter per week...and maybe after it, letting this series rest and idk, I accept ideas for whatever wlw story I should write next.

Anyways...if you liked this chapter, you would help me more than you might think by voting and sharing with friends! Also thanks to the people that comments, it's amazing to read your insights or jokes! Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 66 1
| ๐๐‘๐Ž๐Œ๐ˆ๐’๐„ ๐Œ๐„ | !! This is a GxG Reader Story. !! !!Reader's pronouns are She/Her!! !!This is inspired by the Netflix Movie, The School for G...
182K 4.5K 17
Emily had to take a year off from school because of her mental health, and now she's 18 and ready to start fresh. She's always been a straight-A stud...
3.8K 318 24
An 18 year old immigrant student with a catastrophic past, joins highschool and captivates everyone with her beauty. She however, only wants one woma...
414K 18.9K 65
"Was that flirting? It kind of felt like flirting. No. Couldn't be. She just thinks the senior girl is cool, like all of my sister's other friends. I...