I Was Right, Love Is Messy (T...

By ItsKristenWrites

Kate has had enough of her demons and she is now looking for forgiveness, after two years of not seeing her e... More

Author's note
1. See you tomorrow, Miss Montgomery
2. The promise
3. Friendship bracelets
4. I'll leave you alone
5. I'm always hot
6. What besties are for
7. Secrets
8. Curiosity killed the cat
9. Curiosity broke Kate's arm?
11. She is not the only one
12. Cat toys
13. The truth
14. You are real to me
15. Make me feel wanted
16. Just the gay panic
17. Jealousy gives us hope
18. The eyes gave you away
19. Borrowing book's pages
20. No more games, and no more running

10. Hospital stories

1.8K 84 29
By ItsKristenWrites

Brianna's POV

"We are going to die...and you..." Sofía said turning to me. "Are going to die in jail" she ended, sighing dramatically.

"I don't know about the dying part, but someone is definitely going to jail" Jennifer butt in.

Sofía stood up from the hospital chair and started pacing around the white room, sighing loudly and dramatically. Meanwhile, Jennifer was seated a few chairs away from me, biting her lip anxiously.

"Why are you so calm about this? I really don't get it" Sofía said, and I rolled my eyes dismissively.

"Maybe because she doesn't have a soul?" Jennifer once again, butt in sarcastically.

"The ride to the hospital were probably the worst 20 minutes of my life" Sofía rambled. "Amazing day for the nurse to get sick, and for you..." she paused, looking at Jennifer intensely "To not bring your car to school" she said in a low tone.

"Well, first of all, I'm not going to apologize for wanting to fight pollution and contamination by taking the bus" Jennifer stated, hands on her hips. "And second, the least you two could do was drive us to the hospital" Jennifer said showing her bubbling up anger. "She attacked Kate after all" she added, signaling me with her hand but never looking at me in the eyes.

They have been arguing about the same over and over again since the doctors took Kate for the X-rays, rambling on and on non-stop. However, Sofía is right about the ride being awkward; it was utterly and pure silence. No one was talking; Kate was in pain, so it was understandable, Sofía and Jennifer were mortified for what they thought happened to Kate, and I wasn't going to be the one getting the conversation going, so the silence was awkward to say the least.

"But you know what's weird?" Sofía said to Jennifer, getting me out of my thoughts. "I think that Kate has Stockholm Syndrome already" she ended, covering her mouth with her hand and wiping obviously false tears, to pretend that saying that last sentence physically hurt her.

I'm in love with the most dramatic person on earth, great.

"Yeah...because that explains why she haven't tried to get her 3 feet underground" Jennifer said without looking at me, even though she was talking about me. "Kate is feisty, I bet she is one of the few people on earth who aren't afraid of Brianna" she added.

"I'm not afraid of Brianna" Sofía quickly interrupted. "Oh my G-d...do I have Stockholm Syndrome?" Sofía asked rhetorically, pretending to be actually worried about it.

I gave her an intense look, I narrowed my eyes at her and crossed my arms. I bet she felt my hard stare because she instantly turned to face me, with an apologetic look on her face.

"I mean I love you...and you haven't kidnaped me or something...you also haven't like...broke my arm, or like hit me or slap me...- I mean, sexy time doesn't count because-"

"Oh my G-d, stop it" Jennifer said cutting Sofía's monologue off, she stood up from her chair and shook her head as if trying to forget what she just heard. "You two need to start paying for my therapist soon" she said mortified, while I just grinned.

"I don't get why you two are so worried, Kate is going to be fine" I said rolling my eyes and inspecting my manicure.

Sofía and Jennifer exchanged a few looks, then Sofía came closer to me and said in a careful yet worried voice "Brianna, I think you're in denial...but an hour ago you just hit a student aka Kate...and we have to get out of the country before they find you, I knew this day would come so I have a few things ready; I know changing our identities might be hard at first but I have a contact-"

"Whoa whoa whoa, do you really think I'd physically hurt Kate? That I somehow pushed her to fall and injure her arm?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Well...when we asked Kate what happened...she said that you happened, and we- I assumed that...maybe..." Sofía said stuttering, growing more and more nervous under my gaze.

"Are we going to forget the fact that Sofía just assumed to have very illegal documents on her power?" Jennifer asked clasping her hands together. "Oh, and let's not forget about her...I bet very illegal contact too?" she added, looking fanatically at me and then at Sofía.

"I didn't do anything to Kate" I said ignoring Jennifer previous statement. "I didn't even insult her, so I was practically a saint" I said almost whining, ugh, I have never whined until the very right moment that Sofía came into my life.

Sofía and Jennifer looked at each other warily, I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms and then my legs; Sofía's eyes were attached to my now exposed thighs, not exactly my plan but it always helps.

"I don't have time for ruining people's life, I already have a hobby" I said clacking my tongue.

Sofía walked carefully to a chair that was two seats away from mine, and with that gesture alone I knew she was about to ask me something. But as the cowards she is, she always goes to a place where she can escape before asking me anything.

"Then...what happened? With Kate I mean, when you were alone" she asked carefully.

Jennifer was looking at me as expectantly as Sofía was, I sighed and adjusted my position so I'd be more comfortable, hospital chairs suck. I looked at both of them for a slip second, and then I started.

"Okay...so after you two got into the classroom..."

Start of flashback...

"Hi, I'm Kate" the redhaired woman said, when we were all alone.

She was holding her hand out for me to shake, and I took it warily, while I inspected her appearance up close. I looked intensely at every inch of her face, her lips were plump and pink, her eyes were a light brown and...she was beautiful.

She had shinny eyes, long red hair and was way taller than Sofía, but thanks to the heels I was wearing, I was still towering over her.

"I haven't seen you around, are you a teacher? Or...Sofía's friend?" She asked, tilting her head.

I took my sweet time in answering, inspecting her face and her appearance as a whole. She was wearing a pair of skinny jeans and an oversized t-shirt, something that Sofía would never use. But I've got to admit that it looked good on Kate, she wasn't doing the 'dress to impress' thing, but somehow...I was impressed.

"I teach algebra" I said coldly, going back to examining her.

Deep down I was hoping she wouldn't be so...stunning; it was obvious that she didn't put much effort in her look, but there was something about her that felt so natural, and the fact that she wasn't even trying to be pretty and was completely stunning was just...upsetting.

"Um...are you also looking for Miss. Montgomery?" she asked, now aware that I was either checking her out shamelessly or taking mental notes of her for my next murder.

"I was looking for you" I said with a smirk. Sofía isn't here, and if I already ran into Kate, better to get all the information that I can about her, and the real reason why she is here.

"Oh...oh" She said, her tone getting lower in confusion. "I control the gay panic, the gay panic doesn't control me" she whispered to herself a second after, while she was looking at the floor.

I bet she wasn't counting with me hearing it, but I did.

"Gay panic did you say?" I asked, a smirk forming in my lips. And I could swear I saw Kate's face fell a little, but soon she covered it up.

"What no? You heard it all wrong" Kate obviously lied, but I got to give her some credit for trying, Sofía would have turned red as a tomato in one split second.

"Sureee, but I bet I didn't because I know how this thing works; but what I was here to ask-" I started, but Kate cut me off before I could ask her what I wanted about her intentions with Sofía.

"Wait...did you just said you 'know how this thing works'? That you know how the gay panic works because you get it often?" Kate asked with a huge smile, getting it all wrong. "Oh my G-d, you're gay!" she practically yelled.

My lips pressed together in a tight line, I did not mean what she thought. I. Never. Panic. I don't get neither the normal, nor the gay panic. I was talking about knowing 'how this thing works' about her being embarrassed and wanting to hide it. I'm a teacher, I work with teenagers, and I embarrass them daily and they try to hide it and-

"I'm gay too you know" she said excitedly. "Are you dating someone? Care to give any advice? " she joked shamelessly.

What is it with the lesbian girls asking me for advice these days? Sometimes I miss the days when everyone feared me...

"Earth to...oh...I don't your name...what's your name?" Kate asked enthusiastically.

"That's none of your business" I said, getting annoyed at her for not fearing me.

"Okay, so you are complicated...I get it, I'm a complicated person myself too" Kate said, giving unwanted explanations and speaking as if she were an eighty years old women with many wisdom to give to the children.

I did not imagine this girl to be so talkative, let alone...confident. If the circumstances were other, I'd find it amusing, but right now is only...annoying.

"Why are you a complicated person? Because you're trying to get back to your ex?" I asked, crossing my arms and looking at her up and down.

"I-...guess?" she asked, to herself and to me.

"What do you mean you guess? You don't want her to forgive you?" I asked, suddenly curious about Kate's previous answer, so she wasn't sure she wanted Sofía back?

"No, no, no...I do...I do want her to forgive me, but...it's complicated" she sighed. "But I'll figure it out...I'm a fighter you know" she said smugly, and I was wondering, did Sofía really date this girl? Was she mentally okay?

"Aha" I said with an annoyed and confused expression.

"Or like a lioness...yeah" Kate said lost in thought, not catching the way I was showing my disapproval and disgust for Sofía's past relationship choices.

"More like a kitty" I said with bored tone. Were all Sofía's friends this extra? Was I that extra too?

Having enough of the conversation, I turned around and started walking to the comfort of my own classroom. I didn't have the patience to be around Kate anymore, and I guess my exercise of seizing her up worked fine, because I feel anything but threatened by her, I don't care what her intentions with Sofía are.

However, much to my disappointment, Kate wasn't exactly a hideous person, and she wasn't ugly either; I'd never use her looks against her, but it would make me feel better if deep down I knew that I was the good-looking one out of the both of us.

"Don't follow me" I hissed.

"I can't help it, I'm a curios person by nature!" Kate claimed, while she was still following me.

I stopped for a slit second and Kate crashed with my body, stumbling a little and then looking at me wide eyed.

"Kittens and curiosity don't get along very well" I pointed out with my best scary voice, while Kate huffed behind me.

And again, much to my disappointment, I haven't even taken three steps when Kate was already following me, I could hear her asking me my name again, and blabbing other desperate attempts of conversation. But then, as I was about to turn around and give her my best scary stare, a loud noise was heard behind me.

I turned around and saw Kate on the floor, hugging her arm and cursing some inaudible words in pain.

"Stupid piece of paper" Kate muffed under her breath.

"So much for the powerful lioness" I said grinning and the situation, which was hilarious to anyone with a fine sense of humor like mine. And as soon as I ended my sentence, Sofía and Jennifer appeared out of nowhere and came running to where we were.

"I think something is broken" Kate said in a slightly panicked voice when Jennifer kneeled in front of her.

"You know what they say, curiosity killed the cat...or broke her arm" I said trying to suppress my grin...but falling miserably.

And with that, I started walking away to get the keys of my car to get Kate to the hospital, because I'm not completely a horrible person. I wasn't happy that Kate fell, I was happy that the universe always gives me great material for my side comments.

End of flashback...

"And then I went for the keys of my car because I'm not a monster, and here we are" I ended smiling.

Sofía and Jennifer had their mouths hung open, like not believing anything I just said. Jennifer stood from her chair and paced around the room in silence, while Sofía started blankly at the floor.

"So...Kate was flirting...with you" Jennifer finally said after a minute or two. "Kate...wanted to be...your friend" she rephrased it.

"She wasn't flirting, she has an evil mind and she wanted to annoy me death, which she almost accomplishes by the way" I said rolling my eyes. "Also, what if she was flirting? Are you jealous or something?" I asked sarcastically, but the slight way in which Jennifer face twitched told me that she was jealous.

"Kate. Flirted. With. You. "Sofía said shocked.

"Oh calm down" I said standing up. "First, she was just trying to get another teacher friend, because apparently she has a thing with teachers..." I paused. "However, the fact that she decided to try to befriend me and not anyone else it's just plain disturbing...but she has good aspirations I'll give her that...she is all yours though" I said to Jennifer, expecting her to immediately reply that she didn't see Kate as hers, but instead she just nodded.

"Thank you...I guess" Jennifer said without thinking, Sofía was still too much in her hear to notice, but Jennifer attitude just proves that even if there's nothing going on between her and Kate, something soon will happen.

"And you know, is not like women don't flirt with Brianna often...and Kate wasn't really flirting, she is just a talkative person and Brianna is an interesting character, so no big deal" Jennifer ended for me, trying to convince herself that Kate didn't took a big interest in me as she first feared.

"Back up" Sofía said rising her hand. "Why I was unaware that my girlfriend was constantly being hit on?" she added, a mixture of jealousy and surprise in her voice.

"You're kinda dating a super model" Jen whispered only for her to hear, but somehow, I think we all heard it.

But before I had time to reply to any of them, the hospital examination doors opened, and Kate came out smiling...with a cast on.

"You guys...do you think I legally can skip P.E now? " Kate asked excitedly.

------------------------

Hey guys! I feel like such a horrible person for taking so long in updating haha! One of you pointed out the exact date of the last update and I'll just say that I didn't think I have taken that long!

But the good news of my disappearance is that I had a lot of time to write, I couldn't because of some issues with my computer, but since I have a lot of material and I want to give you all a Halloween treat...starting from today, and just for this week, I'll update daily!

Happy Halloween you all! Let me know if you're liking the story so far!

And if you liked this chapter, you would help me more than you might think by voting and sharing with friends! Also thanks to the people that comments, it's amazing to read your insights or jokes! Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.6K 2.2K 65
Twenty year old Alex is trying to finish high school and move out before anyone finds out what she's hiding. The new teacher, with the dark past, is...
173K 4.3K 17
Emily had to take a year off from school because of her mental health, and now she's 18 and ready to start fresh. She's always been a straight-A stud...
224K 7.7K 40
[Ranked #1 In lesbian romance] Riley Wood is a Welsh born 18 year old who has moved to sanfransisco. On her first day of her senior year Miss Scarlet...
314K 9.9K 38
Drew is just trying to survive life let alone high school. Her two best friend are her entire world and she loves to dance. There's a new English te...