Distraction || Ray x Reader

By ThatWeeb_MC

Two twins get shipped to the same farm at birth by mistake. Some rules have to be overlooked to take care of... More

We
Are
Raised
Together
But
Only
One
Will
Escape
.
We
Won't
Lose
To
Them
We're
Fighting
For

Them

710 22 14
By ThatWeeb_MC

140146
.

.

.

"I've been thinking this whole time. What should I do for Norman's sake?" Emma responds to the boy and that triggers a thought in your mind. This entire time you've been talking to Shi and Artemis two dead people who were apart of this whole farm situation, but not once have you or they brought up the albino. Is the boy really even dead or they just didn't want to bring him up unless you asked? "The answer is to do nothing. Mother told me to give up and free myself of the pain. But... I will never, ever give up" the ginger pledged snapping you out of your own thoughts. "I won't let Norman die in vain. And you, Ray?"

"So all three of us were thinking the same thing in the end."

"Then let's run away already" you spoke out "I went to Emma to talk to her about it, and it seems she wanted to talk to you about it too."

"These past two months none of us could really talk since we were worried about Mom watching us."

"Yeah, I didn't want Mom to figure out our real intentions."

"So that's why you two slowly distanced yourself from me"

"That's right. We didn't want mother to be suspicious of you"

"Yeah...I guess mom is really cautious." You said while scratching the cut on your ear. "But she slips up from time to time" you muttered.

"Even though we weren't doing anything. Mom never stopped watching us. But we can use that against her. As long as she's watching me, I can keep her eyes away from everyone else and apparently even keep her mind off (y/n) our escape artist" she said while nudging your side making you wince at the pain.

"So you left everything to Don and Gilda?"

"That's right. Training for the escape and other preparations."

"How far along are you?"

"Everything is ready and with (y/n) we no longer have anything to worry about" she said with a confident smile.

"Yup! Supplies, medicine, clothing, defense, and navigation were all covered by me" you proudly stated earning a warm proud smile from the ravenette which made your heart skip a beat.

"Impressive. Now how will you run away?"

"I worked that out. I have a plan" Emma started "let's run away tomorrow afternoon, before you get shipped out."

"Wait! It's reckless to go out during the day." Ray interrupted.

"He's right anytime I went to headquarters, it was always during the night. There are less demons present, so it will be easier to leave at night so we can hide."

"Hear me out." The ravenette began. "Sit." He said gesturing to the chairs beside him.

"Lay it on us"

"Okay. There are two problems. First, Mom's watchful eyes. She's always watching us and she's always keeping the younger ones close to her. It's the same during the day, and at night, the babies are in her room. In order to escape with everyone we'll have to shake Mom off, and separate her from the little ones. And then past the wall is a cliff. We can't climb down from it. If we're escaping it'll be through the bridge, but there's only one. We've got affirmation that there's security, so once they find out there's an escape, the guards will rush over. Plus it's by headquarters, so what are you going to do?" He questioned in his usual cold manner. "I think this is the best answer." He said while moving over to a box confusing both of you.

"Oil?"

"For what reason?"

"At night, we'll light the house on fire."

"You're going to start a fire?" Emma panicked

"It won't injure anyone right?" You panicked

"That's right. Only a distraction, when mom is distracted putting it out, we'll lead everyone outside, saying it's an evacuation. If we seal the door to her secret room, Mom can't notify headquarters and headquarters will think it's a fire not an escape. Then security won't go towards the bridge that's when everyone will escape through it. As a bonus, I've hid ten Molotovs behind some rocks in the forest."

"Molotov bottles!" You and Emma shrieked

"Don't underestimate my six years of preparation. Throw those Molotovs in the neighboring plants on the way to the bridge. If all goes well, there'll be another fire to make security even scarcer.  Since it's nighttime, no one will be in the forest. No one will die." The ravenette finishes. "So instead of tomorrow, let's run away tonight, right now" the boy said with a determined glare as a cold wind blew through the room.

'This might be a little insane, but he does have a point' Shi spoke to you as you thought about Ray's words. 'And plus he's your boyfriend...so like back him up or whatever' he said while taunting you.

"You fucking suck you know that" you whispered under your breath.

'Huh say that again? I couldn't hear you.'

"Shut up"

"You guys can do it. This place is the farthest distance away from everyone's rooms. They can escape before the fires get to them. They've trained to run in formation through tag, right? Or is your leg still..."

"It's fine!" Emma quickly stated standing up from her seat.

"Then it's decided." The boy said while opening the container of oil.

"Ray"

'Where did he even get all that oil from?' Shi asked as he slowly checked the box.

"He's been planning this for six years, I think that explains enough"

"To tell the truth, I'm still against the idea of taking everyone. Especially after hearing there's a cliff beyond those walls. Even if you do take some, it should only be Don and Gilda. You should at least leave the babies behind. For their sake, and for yours, too." The boy said while emptying another container. "But you won't listen even if I stop you. And it's better than having you stay behind and not escape, so I won't say anything more. You decide."

"Ray..." you inquired this time.

"So what are you doing? Go tell Don and Gilda."

"You said for us to throw over the Molotov bottles?" Emma asked

"Yeah...You, (y/n) or maybe Don could..."

"And I'm worried about one more thing. Even if we start a fire, what if Mom abandons the building?" Emma asked

"Yeah! She might give up on putting out the fire and refuse to take her eyes off us, the merchandise."

"You realized, huh? There's a good possibility of that happening. That's why just starting a fire won't be enough. If we don't stop Mom, then we won't have any chance of escaping from her. But don't worry." The boy said while opening another container. " I just have to do this" he said before dumping the contents of the container over his onyx head.

"Are you crazy! What are you doing!" You shouted at the boy. You all have come to far now to just kill yourselves. Your blood ran cold as you saw how calmly he poured the oil over his head, it's like he was never planning on escaping in the first place. "Ray. You said we would all escape together, so why the fuck are you trying to prevent that! It's like everyone wants to drive me insane" you quickly spoke while firmly grasping strands of your hair.

"Isn't this the best!? The perfect scorer, set to be shipped out, will burn up." He said with a deranged smile etched on to his face. It was an emotion you've never seen on the boy. After his 12 years of life, he's snapped. "She won't be able to abandon me. I've been waiting for this day. I decided this a long time ago. Many, many years ago. It's childish retaliation. You know what? I've never been interested in studying or reading, but I've endured it, and I worked hard to raise my value to the highest it could be. Twelve years. I'm the feast that they've been waiting for. I'm going to take that away from them tonight. Right before the harvest they've been looking forward to. Don't think you can eat me. Don't think you can serve me. Food? Merchandise?! I don't give a shit! I'm a human being! Serves them right!"

"Ray.." you and Emma both unconsciously said as you watched his descent into madness.

"Beside, this is how it should be.... This is the best way. I've watched my family die all these years. I used them. They were all good kids, all so kind..."

"Wait!" Emma reached out

"Don't move. Listen. You only have one chance. Make this work. Please don't let me, Norman, or Artemis die in vain." He said before grabbing a small package and tossing it over. "This is for you." He said as the clock struck 12 midnight.

"Happy birthday Ray..." you said while looking down. You couldn't even face the boy while he lit the match. You wanted to stop him in that moment but at the same time you were so used to fulfilling his wishes that you didn't stop him. "Just remember I always love you...."

"I love you too. Thank you for the time I spent here. Sayonara Emma. (Y/n)" he said as he dropped the match and in that moment your world crashed. You couldn't feel anything as you ran towards the boy in hopes of saving him. You knew you didn't want to continue with this escape plan if Ray died. He was truly the only one keeping you motivated and if he died, then freedom wasn't an option for you.

"You fucking idiot!"

.

.

.

.

"Happy Birthday. Goodbye." Isabella said as the clock chimed 12.

"Ray!"

She heard the distant sound through the quiet hallways. As she got closer to the sound she heard a wailing (y/n) in a brightly lit room.
"What is this smell?" She questioned before opening the door to get a face full of smoke and cinders. As her eyes adjusted to the light she saw your trembling stature calling out for Ray as the fire continuously burned.

"Ray!"

"Ray?" She questioned as she repeatedly heard his name come from your mouth. "(Y/n)?"

"Mother! Ray is in...Help!" You cried not thinking straight even though you easily could. "Ray's in the fire!" You finished as she pulled out her tracker. She saw only two dots which affirmed your claims on Ray's whereabouts.

"Did he set himself on fire?" She panicked before running out of the room to see Gilda.

"Mother!"

"Gilda, take everyone outside! Also please get the babies in my room!"

"Alright!"

.

.

"If I can at least get his brain..." she said coming back to the room with a fire extinguisher. "(Y/n), stay back." She shouted before she began to douse the flames.

"Pfft idiot" you mumbled under you breath as you left the room. Leaving Emma's ear in an empty bucket.

'Good acting skills (y/n)!' Shi praised as he lead you safely to the exit making sure your path had no fire in the way.

.

.

"Why aren't the sprinklers working? (Y/n), you need to get out of here too. Or else you'll also..." she turned around to find that you had already left the area. "(Y/n)?" She looked down to double check her tracker device to find that it hadn't went very far. "(Y/n)?" She questioned as she reached the location of "your" device. All that was there was an bucket that held Emma's severed ear, and at that moment she realized she was getting played. No one was really in danger, people were escaping. "What were those children wearing on their feet?"

.

.

.

.

"Oh she's here!"

"(Y/n)!"

"We got the stuff you had hid!" The kids all shouted as you made your way towards them. You were a bit late you were going to lie, but you didn't want to have Akko's guitar burn up in the fire, so you decided to take it with you.

"Sorry...for the hold up. Thank you for waiting, everyone!" You gratefully smiled as you looked at their determined faces.

.

.

It's rewind time
.

.

"Sayonara Emma. (Y/n)."

"You fucking idiot!" You said as both you and Emma ran towards the boy. In the spur of the moment Emma caught the match before it hit the ground.

"Nice catch!" She smugly smiled showing the unlit match to the two of you.

"Oh thank goodness." You sighed as you went light headed.

"You..."

"Sorry, but I'm not going to let you die. Not me, not the other children, and especially not (y/n)." Emma firmly stated.

"The other children?" Ray questioned as a light knock was heard on the door. You quickly left your spot to open the door revealing Thoma and Lani behind the door with supplies.

"We brought what Emma asked for."
"And everyone's ready to go."

"Lovely!" You said inviting the two boys inside. "Thank you, Thoma. Lani."

"Time to get changed, Ray!" The four of you smiled in his direction.

.

.

.

"So how's the bandage? Not too tight?" You asked Emma and Ray as you cleaned up their wounds with the help of a certain ghost.

'You should tell them about me!' He smugly said

"Not now they would freak out." You whispered to the ghostly boy that loomed over your shoulder.

"It's perfect! Let's get moving!" She affirmed. "Okay everyone! We'll run to the wall!" She said before the all started sprinting away leaving a confused ravenette behind.

"Norman..."

"Come on Ray! Yeah Norman predicted your plan so what. We don't have time for you to just stand there" you said while grabbing the boy's hand.

.

.

.

.

"Hey Don! What's going on? Do they all know about the House and the escape?"

"Yup!"

"How?"

"Emma told them about it. And (y/n) hid messages with in his concerts. You should've probably went to them more often so you would've been caught up. At first we told four. They hid behind the door when Emma and Norman spoke with Krone. Nat. Anna. Lannion. Thoma. They all heard what Krone said."

"Since that far back?"

"For the rest, we spent two months slowly recruiting them in and (y/n)'s concert were our proof then. Demons, monsters, ghosts, escape. All of these things were brought up at certain concerts, the ones where mom was to busy to keep watch. We totally slipped under her radar. Emma was only pretending to have given up, but was actually giving everyone instructions."

"You guys..."

"Nat and I will climb up first. Then we'll pull everyone up." Emma instructed.

"Okay, everyone! Just do it like how we trained, and you'll be fine!" Don shouted.

"Everyone's going to escape safely." She cheered.

"Wait.." the ravenette was still in shock as you stood next to him with the weapons bag on your back. "Is this all of us?"

"Ray... I know this is confusing, but can we switch loads. This is getting quite heavy" you lied to the boy just so you didn't have to carry the dangerous equipment.

.

.

.

.

.

"It's burning. Everything is burning, but.." Isabella laughed as she held the severed ear in her hand. She had her radio beside her as she watched the fire engulf the house. "They're still alive! Emma, Ray, and sweet little (Y/n). It isn't too late. I won't let you escape, my adorable children." Mother shouted before being grabbed from behind.

"Mom." Phil spoke to her with a worried looked in his blue innocent eyes.

"Phil, where are the other children?" Isabella calmly asked while hugging the boy.

"This way!" He said before running towards the other four year olds.

"Mom!"

"Where is Emma, (y/n) and everyone else? They're not with you?" Countless kids cried out.

"I'm going to get them now."

"No, don't go!"

"Don't worry. I'll be right back." She reassured the kids. "Everyone, make sure to stay here." She said before running off towards the wall. A warm breeze then swept over the children but it wasn't coming from the fire in front of them, the wind blew from behind.

'Hey there little man. You got some big shoes to fill' Shi said before appearing in front of Phil. The other kids were to scared and frightened to even notice them.

"Ghost man." Phil blurted out as he was taken aback. "Why are you here?"

'Well even though (y/n) trusts you. Let's just say she's using me as reassurance." He started. "So instead of me helping her, I'll be helping you. I can still easily communicate with her if you're curious. I was wanted to walk you through your trial?' He said while patting his head.

"But (y/n) probably needs you! Momma just left after them!" Phil protested as his small frame started to tremble.

'Don't worry about a thing little man. I'm on it' Shi said before disappearing into the wind.

.

.

.

"The kids under five aren't here." Ray thought aloud

"We're leaving them here. I thought about what you said to me before...one more time." Emma spoke as you sat on the wall overlooking the cliff.

"She decided to get Phil and tell him everything, so at least one child knew about the House. All she did was give him more information though. Phil was pretty smart to figure everything else out on his own." You spoke up.

"Your okay with leaving Phil?"

"Of course I'm not, but I do trust him. Anything I didn't tell you guys, I usually told him. So in this instance, the moment we leave Phil becomes high quality."

"I haven't give up, I'll definitely return within two years." Emma said as the last person climbed up the rope. "That's when we'll get Phil and the others. As well as all the kids in the other four plants."

The large group of children started to make their way across the wall as the fire continued to burn. You were about to look down at your compass before an alarm started to blare out.

"How did she communicate with them so fast?" You questioned.

"They probably just realized there was a fire"

"They wouldn't send out an alarm like that. It would scare the merchandise" you protested against the ravenette. "They know it's an escape"

"Well what do we do? We're still far from the bridge." Ray asked making his way towards Emma.

Attention all employees.
There's been an alert from Plant Three
Following a fire in that plant, 15 kids have escaped.
Three of the fifteen are high-quality.
From here on, it will be dealt with using maximum security.
You can kill the others who aren't high-quality.
However, don't damage any of their heads.
Capture them immediately on sight.
DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY!

"Try an escape if you can.."

"We'll cross from here" Emma said pointing to a small strip of land exposed outwards.

"Cross? But at the time, Norman said... 'crossing the bridge is the only way to escape. That's what anyone would think. There's no way to escape from the cliff."

"It'll be okay. We trained so much." Gilda stated

"You should have more faith in your family." You stated slapping the boy's head. "No one gave up on escape." You said as Don threw the rope to the other side.

"Nat!"

"Yeah!"

"Let's go!" Countless kids screamed knowing that the plan is going well.

"Are we really..."

"It's okay! As long as the first person can cross..."Emma said as Don made his way across the makeshift zip line.

"You good!" You shouted across the ravine. The only response you got was a light shining back with Don safely attached to the light source.

"Yay!"

"Okay, we're up next!" Thoma and Lani stated as they set up their bottle rockets. They quickly sent their devices across as Don secured them to the tree.

"We did it!"

"All right! Come on!" He shouted across as he waved his lantern. More kids started to use the zip lines to get across.

"You guys... when did you...?" The ravenette questioned before a recognizable albino came into his view.

'Well'

"What a smug face. How annoying."

'Well, we did completely fool you.'

"You'll show me something cool, so shut up and come, huh?"

'And isn't it cool?' The albino questioned. 'Look. It's scenery we never thought we would see.'

"Yeah. I thought it would never be possible to take everyone. I thought they would be a hindrance."

'I hesitated too. But in the end, I made a decision and it's thanks to Emma. Everyone joined with full faith because it's Emma. She's reckless and unreasonable but she's honest, and manages to say we're taking everyone without a second thought.'

.

.

.

'Hey (y/n)!' Shi said coming from behind.

"Oh my goodness!" You yelped almost slipping off the cliff with Shi quickly catching you. "If you weren't already dead, I would've killed you"

'Yeah...have fun with that. But I came to tell you that Isabella is still on your trail.' He warned as you regained your footing.

"Well we're going as fast as we can. I don't think she'll be able to catch up that fast" you calmly stated.

'But you weren't the one who saw how fast she was sprinting through the forest' he deadpanned.

"How fast we talking?"

'Like be here in five minutes?' He guessed

"JUST SIX MORE!" Don yelled from the other side.

"Emma, what should I do?" Jemima cried. "My hands...I'm sorry! When I think that there's a cliff below..." she said scaring Thoma and Lani in the process. Both of them decided to look over the edge for the first time and they got anxious. "I start to think...what if I fall?"

"Fall?" Thoma and Lani said gaining your attention. You looked to see three of your younger siblings scared to cross and Ray approaching Jemima.

"It's okay Jemima." He said while picking her up. "Let's cross together"

'Oh my gosh that's so cute' you thought at the scene before you.

"Ray"

"(Y/n)?"

"What?"

"You still have the rope we used to climb up, right?"

"Yeah! What do you need?" You said while approaching him.

"Can you tie Jemima to me with that?" He asked before you quickly got to work.

"Do you know how to slide down?" Emma asked.

"I saw what everyone did." He confirmed. "How about you guys? Don't tell me you can't do this." He said while looking at Thoma and Lani. They quickly both regained their composure as they tried to act tough in front of him.

"W..We'll be fine!"
"Y..yeah! Super easy!"

"Well said" he said before turning to the zip line.

"Be careful Ray!" You warned as you gave him a tight hug. "I'm glad your here with us" you gave him a closed eye smile.

"This is the best path life could grant us." He said planting a small kiss on your forehead. "Let's go Jemima." Ray said before zip-lining across the ravine. "See? We're here, Jemima."

"I lose Norman"

"Off you go!" You and Emma said pushing the two boys off. They screamed their whole way across the Ravine.

"You should go first." Emma said gesturing to the hanger she held.

"No no... you have every right to go before me. You set all this up anyways" you smiled at the girl. She quickly nodded before zip lining across.

"OKAY! YOU'RE THE LAST ONE! LET'S GO (Y/N)!" Don called out

"Alright! Here I come" you shouted before the sight of Isabella froze you.

'Crap'

"Shit" you whispered as you watch her catch her breath. The two of you stood there in a stand off as your cold eyes bore into her angry ones.

'Come one (y/n) move!' Shi shouted at you cause a violent wind to sweep past. You looked back in the direction of the house and hoped that Phil would be alright. You don't know the next time you'll see his innocent smile again. All the memories of Grace Felid now burning away in a fire you helped set up.

"Sayonara, Grace Field..."

"It's over"

"Sayonara Isabella. You finally lost" you said with a genuine smug smile.

"Don't go, (n/n). You can be safe here" she pleaded "my dear children... you're throwing everything away!" She shouted as you adjusted the hanger on the zip line.

"Take good care of the others" you said before you were suddenly grabbed away from the zip line.

"You can't go! I cant bare to be away from my precious children!" She shouted as you fought in her grasp.

"What the heck! Let me go! It's over!"

"(Y/n)!"
"(N/n)!" Multiple kids shouted from the other side of the ravine. They couldn't do anything to help as they just watched you struggle.

"It was such a shame Artemis died...we can't lose another good mother candidate" Isabella said while stroking you (h/c) head.

"Cut the damn rope!" You shouted to your siblings as you thought she was only doing this to stall for time.

"Are you crazy? How will you get across!" Don shouted back.

"Just do it! For once listen to your elder!" You shouted back as your voice filled with panic.

"What are you doing (y/n)? We have to get them back." She said as she slowly calmed down.

"Take me... let them go?" You quietly said as you stared down at the ravine.

'(Y/n) are you crazy! That's basically a death sentence!' Shi argued.

"What I'm about to do is a death sentence either way..." you stated as your voice was completely void of emotions. "How fast are your reflexes Shi?"

'What do you mean?'

"Can you catch?" You said before standing up and giving up your resistance. "Let's go back home..." you said to Isabella with an empty smile.

"I'm glad you're making the right decision." She said as she started to lead you back. The kids on the other side weee shocked at your choice. They did want to see you go, and we're left speechless as you began to leave with Isabella.

"(Y/n)! No I promised to escape with everyone!" Emma cried out but quickly stopped as she saw you turn towards them. They didn't know what you had planned but they all went completely pale as they saw you running to cliff side about to jump to your death.

'Is this what you meant!' Shi worriedly yelled as he dived after you.

"No! (Y/n)!" Countless kids yelled getting Isabella's attention. She almost passed out as she saw you jump.

"Hurry the fuck up before I actually die" you deadpanned before abruptly coming to a stop mid air.

'You really do want to kill me again.' Shi complained as he brought you to the other side where countless kids stood astonished.

"H...how?"
"You're okay!"
"Don't do that ever again!" They all shouted before wrapping you in a big hug.

"(Y/n) never dies!" You laughed out before receiving a two violent punches knocking you to the ground. You looked up to see an upset but relieved Emma and a very emotional Ray. "Ow! I'm sorry for scaring everyone" you said trying not to cry as the punches really hurt. They were definitely going to bruise.

.

.

.

"I lost..." Isabella restated the words that came from your mouth as she saw you guys run deeper into the woods. She slowly removed her hair tie that kept her long dark hair in a neat bun. She let he hair flow in the wind just as the ropes you used to escape did. She was no longer angry, in fact her face held no emotions as she thought back to her time as a child. She wouldn't have been destined for this path if she tried a little harder to escape. She realized the impossible is truly possible if you have enough heart and don't give up.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hey momma why did you give birth to me?

Well, Ray...

It was for survival.

Longer than anyone

Go on.
Please be careful
And I pray that you will find light.

"We did it!"

"We did it, Norman/Artemis!"

:) Fin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 2.1K 52
You were born on an orphanage called "Grace Field" and have been raised there since then. As the time goes, you have three best friends with age the...
135K 4.1K 35
๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐˜… ๐—™๐—ฒ๐—บ!๐—ฅ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ | ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฃ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ก๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ { สแดแดœ แด…แดษด'แด› สœแด€แด แด‡ ษขแด แด„แด€ส€ส€ส แด›สœแด€แด› ส™แดœส€แด…แด‡ษด แด€ษดสแดแดส€แด‡. สแดแดœ สœแด€แด แด‡ แดœs ษดแดแดก...} ๐Ž๐ง ๐Œ...
185K 5.6K 30
Y/N grew up at Grace Field Orphanage with the rest of her siblings. Her entire life she was told fake stories and fed fake happiness. Y/N knew the tr...
36.2K 403 36
โš ๏ธ FIXEDโš ๏ธ .. kinda. Ignore any typos. There is 38 children at Gracefeild house, they consider everyone family here, Emma, Ray, Norman, and (Y/n), a...