Nedzu Raising A Child. What?

Galing kay Passing_Ghost_Friend

Izuku is raised by Nezu after Inko died giving birth and dad couldn't deal with him. Grows up with lots of pr... Higit pa

Wait, That's a Baby
Nedzu Doesn't Play Around with Rumors
Nedzu Needs Sleep. No more Caffeinated Tea.
Where the Heck is the Teething Toy?
First Words
First Steps
Happy Birthday, Izuku!
Where is he?!
Izuku makes a new friend, Endeavor makes his worst enemy
Endeavor is Going Down
Nedzu gets to take Endeavor Down
Settling In
Here Comes the Sadness
Papa Nedzu to the Rescue!
Halloween
Little Scenes of Izuku Melting Pro Heroes' Hearts
Christmas Time
Izuku Meets All Might
Izuku is really Growing Up Fast, isn't he?
Recommendation Exam
Little Mouse is Accepted!
Flashbacks and Cookies
Present Mic ft Dj Mouse
Faculty Meeting ft Izuku
Izuku & Mirio
Izuku Gets Sick
Nedzu Tries to Teach Izuku How to Drive
Izuku's First Day
Start of Part 2 (Izuku's First Day Part 2)
Quirk Apprehension Test
Izuku's Lunchtime Introduction
Battle Training!
Battle Training Continues!
Class Representative & Break-In
USJ Part 1
USJ Part 2
USJ Aftermath
Back to School
Dinner at the Bakugo's Residence
FANART
Embarassing Revenge
Sports Fest: Obstacle Course Race
Sports Fest: Cavalry Race
Quick Halloween Special
Intermission: Rocklock's Special Delivery
Sports Festival: Battle Rounds!
Sports Festival: Battle Rounds & Dabi vs Stain
Lost Moments
Heading into Finals!
The Winning Trio!
Your Hero
Follow the Contingency Plan for Murders, Iida!
Manual or Dabi? Internship Decisions
Dabi has Fangirls. Shoto has patrol.
Manual's Manual on Internship
Hero Killer:Stain
Blood Types and Shovels
Recovery
Prison Visit
Incoming Exam, Suspicious Bird, Late Visit
Exams
Final Exams with Katsuki and Izuku
How Nice
Kiyashi Shopping Mall Interview
Hello Hawks (Keigo)
On the Way to Training Camp
Honorary Pussycat Returns!
Pop Music and Emotional Talks with Cold Food

Confrontation and Dj Mouse

10.8K 547 417
Galing kay Passing_Ghost_Friend

Shinso opened and closed his fists as he continued to stare at the other teen, "Is it because you are the principal's kid and you want me on your side for some reason?"

Izuku's expression still looked confused as he stared at Shinso, "Why would you think that?"

"Look I have been through a lot to recognize that when a student is being too overly friendly or nice to me that it's not a good thing. I don't know what your plan is but I won't be your scapegoat or tester," Shinso ranted. "I've seen it before where I think someone is trying to be a friend to me only to find out they are just going to throw me under the bus or blame me for something they did."

"So you don't think I'm being genuine?"

"No? Yes?" Shinso shook his head before placing his hand on his forehead. "I'm conflicted since I don't really know how to read you. You seek me out in the classroom more than the other classmates we have. Then I get shot through the sky with little warning. And then I got invited into your team and we worked really well together. And I want to believe that it's all real this time. But I just can't."

"So I want to know now once and for all. Just don't lie to me and tell me honestly. Because I have been through situations like this before," Shinso replied, thinking back to the rough times in middle school before he got to UA. "Everything goes great until one moment where it all changes.

"Shinso," Izuku said, staring right into Shinso's eyes and not directing his gaze anywhere else. "I am being completely honest when I say that I want you to be my friend. If you need to confirm further, you can use your quirk on me like a lie detector to see if I am being truthful."

Shinso looked like he was considering it while Izuku continued to explain his side.

"I didn't have that many growing up except Sho-Chan and Ten-Chan," Izuku said, eyes trailing the hallway. He paused and looked at the corner like someone was waiting there before turning back to him. "And I was homeschooled so I didn't have that many people my age to interact with. So I wanted to make new friends with all of my classmates."

"But what about outside of school?"

"Well, I did make one friend my age who went to another hero school from the entrance exams. But other than that, no," Izuku shrugged, looking down at his hands. "Because when you find out just how many people are still against quirkless people even after so long, you stop hoping to make new friends that way."

Shinso's eyes widened, What?"

Izuku looked back up, "I'm quirkless."

"You, but—," Shinso blinked hard, like he was still comprehending what was going on. "How?"

"When I was born, I got an extra bone in my foot..."

Shinso waved him off, "No, not that. Just what. Why are you telling me this?"

"I am going to tell the class sooner or later. But when you were going off on discrimination, I just wanted to set the record straight that we are on a mostly level playing field," Izuku answered, moving the straw up and down absentmindedly. He gestured with his hand between the both of them. "You got bullied for having a villain quirk. And I got discriminated against for being quirkless."

"How many people know about you being quirkless?"

"No one else really knows besides my family, the staff, and my close friends," Izuku answered with a small sad smile. "And everyone in the school except the first years only knows that I am the principal's son. But most of them just assume I have an intelligence quirk because of my analysis. They don't even know me that well to know I am quirkless."

Shinso thought back to how close he looked with the other team member from the support course, "The support girl?"

"Hatsume-Chan?" Izuku nodded. "Yeah I told her that offhandedly when she wanted to fit me for rocket powered shoes. But I had to inform her about how she had to get them custom fitted or use a specific brand because...you know."

"The extra toe joint."

"Yep. When she realized why, our friendship didn't change," Izuku smiled, deep in thought , and how grateful he was that her attitude towards him didn't change in the slightest. It was like he was stating the weather to her when he told her the truth. She accepted him wholeheartedly before going off on a tangent about her new babies. "In fact. I think I just gave her more ideas of what support items she can make."

"How did it work out with your dad being Nedzu and all that? Like your experience with school must have been even worse than mine."

"Not really," Izuku shook his head. "On my first day of elementary school he pulled me out when they started to bully me. And he started to homeschool me from then on."

"Wait, I almost forgot that your dad is the principal. You were homeschooled..."

Izuku nodded as he sucked up his strawberry smoothie up the straw. He mumbled to himself, "Ooh, I'm so glad I got the strawberry."

"...by Nedzu, the most intelligent animal alive."

"Yep."

"Okay... I think that answers some other questions," Shinso scratched the back of his head. "So what happened after that?"

"Oh," Izuku started to think about the consequences, counting off from the fingers on one of his hands, "he reformed the school, got the teachers fired, and got restraining orders against the kids."

Shinso looked taken aback, "Say what?"

"Yeah," Izuku smiled before taking another long sip for his smoothie. "He is a little protective over me."

"No kidding," Shinso agreed. "Restraining orders?"

"I mean, they should be over legally by now unless I need to review the laws again. But they never really got renewed since the problem was solved and everything. And the reform actually helped a lot of schools harden down on the bullying act."

Shinso commented, "Not with mine."

"I could guess from what you told me," Izuku took a sip before sobering up. His sharp gaze turned towards Shinso. "So what's the name of the school again?"

"What?" Shinso asked looking up to see an unfamiliar expression on Izuku's face that made him look scary from how blank his face was.

Izuku shook his head, the blank expression fading into a relaxed smile, "Never mind I'll look into it. It's probably on your file anyway."

"You don't need to do that," Shinso waved him off. "I'm here now and that's all that matters.

Izuku didn't look that reassured before he glanced up above Shinso's head for a brief moment. Izuku looked at Shinso and said, "I will take your word on it for now."

Shinso breathed out, too relieved to notice how the security camera lens above him focused in on their interaction for a brief moment. "Good. But hey, why would you have access to student files? Do you have permission to use it?"

Izuku shook his head, "I don't have steady access to it unless a specific student asked me to do analysis on them or another time when it's time to bring in new students. Even then I would still ask permission to view specific profiles from Papa."

"You mean you have access during the entrance exam time?" Shinso asked.

Izuku tilted his head, "Who do you think was in charge of the Second Chance program?"

"You?" Shinso's eyes widened. His mouth opened and closed for a brief moment where he didn't know what to say before he gestured at him with his hand. "You are responsible for me getting in here?"

"Yes," Izuku replied easily before he sighed, "Well, technically I recommend students that have been overlooked and the staff decides to see if you have potential from there. Although it has worked out most of the time. I pick really good potential hero students, so they find no reason to reject them."

Shinso looked at him after a pause with an astonished expression. "And you just come up to them and say that?"

"If they ask who chose them, then yes," Izuku held up a finger as he slurped from his smoothie. "If they don't ask, there is no need for me to come out and say it. But this time was a bit different. I hope that tidbit of information doesn't make you feel like you need to make up for it or anything."

"No. But it doesn't mean that I'm not thankful for it. Without that program, I would have just been in General Education, probably fighting for the spot during this festival," Shinso answered as he looked up at the ceiling. "But I wouldn't let that information influence my choice. I already knew when we started this talk about what my decision would be when I found out the truth."

Izuku hesitated before asking the purple haired teen across from him. He stretched out his hand towards the boy. "So... are we friends?"

"Yeah," Shinso grinned back at him, stretching out his own hand to grasp Izuku's in a strong handshake. "Why not?"

Izuku looked up at the camera briefly before realizing how much time should have passed by now. "Oh, see you later. I need to go talk with my uncle before the battles begin."

Shinso raised an eyebrow, "See you at the battles then?"

"Let's hope they don't pit us against each other," Izuku smiled. "You should be worried if that were the case."

Bakugo stopped leaning against the wall and started to quietly walk away from the conversation. He looked around the hall and stared directly into a camera that appeared trained on him for a moment before continuing to pan down the hall.

Bakugo continued to travel back to the lunch area to find something spicy, glancing back at the area where they were talking. Who knew that when you were trying to find the bathroom, you would end up overhearing somebody's trauma?

*

Present Mic tapped into his microphone, "HEY! All viewers and listeners I would like to present my surprise guest, DJ Mouse!"

"Hey listeners, viewers and headshakers. It is I, DJ Mouse," Izuku greeted. He had shoved a black hoodie on top of his uniform. The hood was pulled over his signature green curls and a spare face mask from Recovery Girl. And he had on surgical gloves as well to hide from the cameras looking into the booth. Present Mic let him borrow a pair of his sunglasses to hide his eyes from the world just in case people looked into who exactly had green eyes in the contestants.

"Ooh, working on an intro I see," Mic commented, throwing up his eyebrows at his nephew.

"Don't get used to it," DJ Mouse pulled his mask to make sure it covered his nose. "It's only because it's a special occasion and that occasion is the UA Sports Festival!"

"That is correct!" Present Mic replied with a more toned down voice. "So you want to tell the listeners what you are here for?"

"Well, I'm just here to go over the highlights of the last two rounds during this lovely half time. And possibly provide some commentary for the half-time games that the students are doing right now."

"Did you know the people in the audience and watching at home can see you now for the first time?" Present Mic said, gesturing over to the outside of the booth window.

"Ah yes, my debut while I am still costumed," DJ Mouse replied tugging at the long black hoodie over his sports uniform. He waved out the window to where a camera was pointing directly into the booth. "Hello, world.

"So let's start by reviewing some of the highlights. First up is the obstacle course of the first round," Present Mic announced as a screen in front of them played through some of the clips from the first round. "What do you think, DJ Mouse?"

Mouse laughed, "It was very entertaining to watch how the students were trying to navigate through the obstacles. Especially through the first one."

"The robots?"

"No. I'm talking about the narrow door at the very beginning of it," DJ Mouse replied. "I would consider that the real first obstacle because of how hard it was to pass through it when you had such a large amount of people blocking it."

"How about those robots?" Present Mic asked as a clip played with the students using their quirks to fight their way through. "They were the same models used for the hero course entrance exam."

"I do love how everyone reacted to them," DJ Mouse tightened his gloves by pulling them further up his wrist. "The hero course students just started to move while everyone else was freaking out about the giant robots like they were dropped into a horror and science fiction movie."

Present Mic laughed at that, looking back at the paused clip to show the shocked faces of the gathered students. "I enjoyed it from the booth with my lively announcing partner who is currently on lunch right now."

"Because you forced him out to get lunch," DJ Mouse added with a grin under his mask.

"He would have slurped up juice packets if I didn't," Present Mic quipped back. He slurped up the smoothie that Izuku had stopped on his way to get for him.

"I can't argue with that because I knew he would," DJ Mouse replied knowingly. "Anyway, what did you think of that dangerous looking second round?"

Mic threw his head back, tilting his head while his chair spun around to look back at the television. "Ooh, it had me almost worried for the participants from how high those pillars were. I could see a lot of students struggling with that one from the amount of time it took to cross each rope to the next pillar."

"I would say that it was only enjoyable to watch when people passing through used other methods besides the rope. Like for Asui Tsuyu hopping from each pillar onto the rope before crawling forward. Or when Hatsume Mei from the support course to show off her inventions," DJ Mouse commented as the video rolled back of the footage from that stage. "I liked it when others seemed to follow suit in that regard by using their own quirks or teaming with others to get across more efficiently than just crawling over the rope."

He could see Momo making a cannon just for her to crawl inside and shoot herself over a few pillars. And right before she landed, she made a parachute to land safely onto the pillars. 

"Excellent landing," DJ Mouse added as the video moved on to the last obstacle of the first round.

"And the landmines are next," Mic sent a knowing look towards him, thinking back to his nephew's surprise stunt to get past the landmines. "DJ Mouse, would you say this was your favorite obstacle?

"Yes. It was interesting to watch the students try to navigate the landmines field especially with their quirk," DJ Mouse commented as he watched the recap with Uncle Mic. "Tenya Iida was struggling a bit at first until he found the speed he needed to avoid most of the explosions. Earlier, he was getting covered in the pink smoke with almost every attempt."

"I think the move I didn't see coming was directly from two Class 1-A students using the explosions as a launching pad," Present Mic said, looking at him with a teasing glint in his eyes.

"Speaking of that move," DJ Mouse smiled, pulling out his phone. "let me just point out that people have already started to make the short video a meme on social media."

Present Mic's grin grew, leaning forward away from the microphone to check out what his nephew was about to show them. "Are you serious, DJ Mouse?"

"I am not kidding, Mic," DJ Mouse scrolled down on his phone with the Sports Festival tag that was currently trending. "I'll just read from the Sports Festival trending tag with a post that reposted a screenshot of the video from the obstacle course. ''Alternate ending of Rose pulling jack onto the door and blasting through the icy water'." Mic burst out into laughter when Izuku tilted his phone at the hero. "Or this one that has reposted the video with the song quote, 'I can show you the world'."

"Oh Yeah! This is my kind of humor," Mic added loudly. "What have you got to say about the second round, the Calvary Race?"

"Oh, that was a real nail-biter. I could barely keep track of who had their headbands still. Everything went by so fast, oh but it was so thrilling to watch it go down," Mouse responded, gesturing wildly with his hands as he pointed around the booth. "Groups going this way, people flying that way. Headbands were just bouncing between teams at some point."

"I can only imagine with your view of it. I was all the way up in the booth and I still couldn't completely track all the movements," Mic said.

DJ Mouse held up his hands as he stated his opinion, "I have got to say that the move Monoma Neito pulled was a very smart play."

"I completely agree," Present Mic nodded with a smile. "With everyone distracted on the big prize, no one would pay attention to the team sneaking their points away."

"Exactly," DJ Mouse added.

"Anything to say about the little half-time games that are currently going on down below?" Present Mic asked, gesturing down to the small games going in below.

"I wished I could have taken part of the scavenger hunt because I love to hunt," DJ Mouse sighed. "Was it a riddle of just a list of items?"

"Just items, no riddle given."

"Ah, I was always given riddles when I did scavenger hunt games. Let's review some of the items they had to find." DJ Mouse watched as Monoma was dragged by Kendo. "Oh it looks like Monoma Neito was one of the answers to the list."

"Not exactly. It just said on the list to find a male classmate. And he was the closest one who wasn't already participating," Present Mic replied easily, viewing the students who were

"Well, there is only some time left before they finish setting up the battles," Present Mic announced while looking at the clock. "Unfortunately, we must bid you adieu for now DJ Mouse. Thank you for joining me during the half time break."

"Thank you for inviting me," DJ Mouse rose out of his seat and waved to the booth window. "See you later, listeners!"

*

UA Sports Festival 20xx LIVE First Year Stage

Comments:

murdaondabeat: Did no one notice how Nedzu was acting in the third year stage?

dontwikethewinking: @murdaondabeat What are you doing watching the third year students?

GangOrcaUnderthesea: Yeah, the first year students has that one infamous class from that attack!

UnicornCatFlyinAway: why are you guys putting more attention on the high school students that literally got attacked within the first week of school?

Getinthebackwhinybaby: They are in the hero course, if anything that was practice for what they are getting into.

Reposted by allmightclappingcheeks

[Gif: Two boys on a piece of metal skyrocketing through the air. One looked like they were on a magic carpet ride while the other looked like he was on a rollercoaster to his doom. An explosion of pink smoke behind them as they sailed through a blue sky.]

Me when I drag my friend on my favorite ride at the park

hawksnumberonechickentender: Me avoiding school with my bestie

Reposted by bestjeanistgotthemapplebottomjeans

[Image of two boys on top of a piece of metal sailing through air with a pink explosion behind them. Words written on pink explosions that spelled out responsibilities. Gaming written over the green haired boy's face while the purple haired boy had me written on his face.]

Me but with cartoons instead of gaming

StressedfortheDress

[Screenshot of the inside of the announcer booth. Present Mic sitting next to a disguised DJ Mouse. DJ Mouse had his hood pulled up, face mask, and gloves.]

God, I can only imagine what DJ Mouse looks like.

Comments:

MTLadyplssteponme: He is smaller than I thought. I wonder how tall he is.

PresentationMichie: I think he just said on one of his shows that he was just average height. So he isn't like six feet tall yet.

OctopusHugsRTheBest: Yeah. He is still like a teen. So he still has room to grow.

Intruderinurhouse: how tall will he grow...hmmm,,

Iceiceshavedicebaby

[Screenshot of flatscreen television of green haired boy being picked up by a pink haired girl and sailing over tall pillars over a dark abyss]

This is #friendshipgoals right here. Being able to carry your bestie across an abyss. I would do it for my bestie who is also my roommate.

Sleepisoverrated: they were roommates?

Iceiceshavedicebaby: oh my god they were roommates o.0

DJ Mouse is the only mouse I stan posted:

Reminder to all my friends and followers: I will only be talking about DJ mouse's appearance at the Sports Festival.

>thread

>To start off, his first appearance other than over the radio. I did not expect it to happen but I have been waiting for it

>Love the commentary. Make him comment with Present Mic on everything

>I would order an audiobook of both of them just commentating on the book instead of actually reading the book out loud

>Official request to have his official hero name be DJ Mouse since he already has fan base around it.

>To all the followers, you should know how DJ Mouse has already said that he is in UA and is a first year

>So I can only assume he went there for hero course, so I will try and find them during this Sports Festival

>And if I don't, then wgaf. I said what I said.

>So if he finds me and wants me to stop, I will. Simply because I feel like he has a lot of connections... :0

*

After the little break with his uncle, Izuku headed out to get a drink before making his way to the stadium for the battles beginning soon. He had dumped his disguise for DJ Mouse into the room where Eraserhead was resting.

His gaze landed on three pro heroes that were undoubtedly called in for the extra security. But when he saw exactly who they were, he was reminded of the day he had first met Bakugo. During the sludge villain attack while those three were limited in helping him.

He smiled as he walked up enjoying his Kamui Woods and Death Arms slowly turned in his direction and froze when they saw him. Mount Lady waved her hand in front of their faces before turning to see the teenager walking towards them. He didn't place much blame on Mount Lady since she was controlling the crowd at the time, but the other two were still on his watchlist.

"Why hello," Izuku said with a smile, watching how two of the pro heroes tensed once they saw him.

Death Arms waved with one hand stiffly while Kamui Woods let out a choked greeting that sounded like his throat became hard wood. Mount Lady waved a bit to greet him with a clear greeting.

Mount Lady looked like she didn't recognize him, "Hi, kid. What are you doing back here. Battle round is about to start."

"Oh yes, that's why I was coming back. I was just checking on some people I know," Izuku said in return. "And what brings you all here today?"

"We are acting as needed security since this is a huge event and all that."

"Ah, I see. Well, I'm glad you got called in. I've been watching since your debut. And might I just say, I think you are doing quite well," Izuku said with a kind smile. Mount Lady listened with interest while the two others slowly backed away from his view. "If there was anything that happened, I'm sure you would have it solved with your expertise in no time."

Mount Lady placed a hand on her chest, "Why thank you. That's the first time anyone has really said that. Mostly I just get comments about my uniform."

Izuku paused for a moment then shrugged, "Well, I like the color of your hero costume."

Mount Lady chuckled, "Thank you. Anyway, you should really start heading to the field since I think they are about to announce it soon."

"Thank you for your help," Izuku said honestly before walking quickly past the pro hero. Kamui Woods and Death Arms didn't relax until he was fully out of sight.

"Aww, he was so sweet. He was such a little gentleman," Mount Lady said with a posed hand under her chin. She turned around to see both of the male heroes that were teamed with her hiding behind a pillar. "Why are you hiding behind the pillar? I can still see you, so it's pointless.

Kamui Woods poked his head out from behind the pillar, "No reason!"

"Come on, what's got you so worked up?" Mount Lady asked, hands on her hip from how difficult they were being.

"Do you not remember?" Death Arms stressed. "That was Nedzu's kid."

"Oh," Mount Lady said before her eyes widened from recognition of who was talking with her just a moment ago. "Ohhhhh."

"We're in trouble," Kamui Woods commented, pressing himself against the cold wall.

"No, YOU'RE in trouble," Mount Lady replied, pointing a finger at them before gesturing to herself. "I think he likes me."

"Sure, whatever you say," Death Arms responded with a blank stare while Kamui simultaneously tried to make himself become more of a tree to hide.

"What?" Mount Lady out her hand on her hips. "Do you think I'm unlikeable?"

"No, never," Kamui Woods said, looking at the time. "Let's get to our seats though."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

181K 9.8K 42
Fate can be very cruel. That was something Izuku knew far too well. Thanks to his wits, his mother sold him off to be a pawn to her one and only love...
3.2K 99 13
⚠️WARNING⚠️ this story will contain physical and mental abuse, self harm, depression, and other triggers. This is a quirkless college AU. Izuku's m...
425K 11.2K 37
Izuku Midoriya was out on a walk one day when he discovered an injured man. This injured man happened to be All Might himself who had just been fight...
180K 5.4K 32
(IzukuXReader) (Y/N) is a girl who is struggling with her life because of a man she has been trying to get away from for years, until she meets a kin...