Cold Hearted (up for adoption)

By FishiB0i

Izuku was always a quiet kid that kept to himself ever since he was young. He had a few friends but he mainly... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve; The USJ
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen; A Hero's Perspective
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One; The Sports Festival Pt 1
Chapter Twenty-Two; The Sports Festival Pt 2
A/N
Chapter Twenty-Three; The Sports Festival Pt 3
Update
Sorry

Chapter Twenty

1.2K 42 12
By FishiB0i

Todoroki P.O.V.

I ran down the alley way and hid behind the building to the left. After a few seconds I peeked around the corner to see Midoriya scanning the alley way with his bright, white eyes; before smirking and flying off back towards the dorms. I took a deep breath. "That was close."

After a minute or two I used my ice to push off and head back to UA. At first, I've been following Midoriya when he starting leaving the dorms out of concern. I was worried he was going to hurt himself after what happened at the USJ. I didn't even dream that he would be out hunting down criminals and interrogating them.

Now the reason I go out is not to make sure he didn't hurt himself, but to make sure he didn't hurt others. But every time I was about to step in, I would get this huge cold chill. Like if I took another step I would die in that instant. So, I would just watch as he tortured criminal after criminal.

"I know he doesn't want to be a hero... Hates them even. But this is too far." I thought about reporting him, but after what he told me outside of the locker room today... after he cried into my shoulder. I just can't. I want to help him, and reporting him would do no one any good.

Eventually I got back to the dorms and I crashed on the bed. Not even getting changed. I woke up to a shrieking alarm later that morning. "How does he do this every night?" I sat up and stretched while yawning. I got up and got ready for the day and headed out.

Midoriya P.O.V.

I headed to class, but today I decided to go early hoping to talk to Todoroki before the day started. I got there and to my surprise he was already there. I walked up to him, and to say he looked exhausted would have been an understatement. He had eye bags, his hair was a mess, and he was slouched over like he was drunk.

I hoped on his desk. "Damn, you look rough." He looked up at me in surprise. "Yeah, long night." I smirked. "Exhausted following me around?" He nodded "Yeah." I waited a few seconds for the realization to set in. He shot up. "Wait what?!?" I crossed my legs and leaned my arms against his desk. "You left an ice trail in the alley way."

His eyes went wide. "Damn that wasn't smart." I forced a laugh. "You think?" We sat in silence for a few seconds. "I don't know why you decided to follow me, and frankly I don't care. But you need to stop." I hopped off his desk when he grabbed my arm. "No. What you're doing isn't right. You need to sto- "

My eyes shined a bright white as I closed his mouth. Panic indulged him as I leaned in towards his face. "That wasn't a request. I'm telling you to stop following me."

Then the door opened and I quickly deactivated my quirk. He gasped for air and I smiled at him, and then started to walk away. The door was fully opened now and many people from the class started to fill the room. They all looked like zombies, with their dead like shuffle, coming into the classroom. Except for Iida who walked in with his usual pep in his step. Ready to get the day started.

"I really, really hate that guy."

Five minutes passed before the bell rang and Aizawa came waltzing in with his own dead like shuffle. He slapped down the files he carried in with him every morning. "Alright class shut up and sit down."

He said that all though the class was already sitting down, silent. I couldn't help but to cringe a little. "Today we are talking about the most popular school event of the year." I smiled, knowing exactly what he was talking about. But there were the few idiots, like Kaminari, who didn't know what he was talking about.

In annoyance, Aizawa said, "For the few of you who don't know, I'm talking about the sports festival." The class shot up like a rocket, their faces gleaming. Mummering exploded across the classroom. I was sitting there smiling when Kaminari pointed at me. "HA! Even Midoriya is smiling." My smile snapped to a glare that shut him up and sat him down. After a second, I looked back to the front, with an even bigger smile.

"Nothing gives me more joy then shutting up those idiots."

Aizawa cleared his throat and the class grew quiet and sat down. He nodded his head in content and continued speaking. "As I was saying, the sports festival is moving forward despite protest from some of the teachers, myself included. But Principle Nezu insists that we show that we are strong and unfazed by the recent attack." The beaming faces of the class quickly turned gloomy, thinking back to what happened there.

Well except for Bakugo and his goons, they were still smiling. For what I didn't know. "But that is beside the point. You have a week preparations." Then the bell rang and he walked out.

I sat there and for the first time in a long time, I was excited. I mean this is the only time of the year that I could beat those hero loving good for nothings, without getting in trouble. How could I not be?

The rest of the day was a blur. I didn't pay attention as usual and soon the day was over and I was heading to the dorms, I took a nap, and I headed out again. But tonight, was unusually quiet, and I ended up landing in an alley way to catch my breath, and somehow my mind wandered to thinking about Todoroki.

"I know I said I didn't care but why was he following me?"

Then I heard a strange cracking noise on the roof. I didn't panic though, because I knew exactly who it was. I sighed and I flew up and froze the hooded figure that was on the roof. "You're quirk really isn't good at helping you sneak around, Todoroki."

I sat down hanging my legs off of the edge of the roof. I deactivated my quirk and turned my head around to see a terrified looking Todoroki staring back. I sighed "I know I threatened you and all but I'm not going to hurt you. So will you come sit your ass down and tell me why you are following me."

He seemed to calm down and he came over and sat next to me. "I thought you said you didn't care?" I sighed. "That was then this is now. So why are you?" This time, he sighed. "At first I was afraid you would hurt yourself." I turned my head to look at him. The wind was gently blowing his bangs in and out of his eyes.

"But that concern turned to the criminals that you would hurting." He looked me directly in my eyes. "Look I understand that they are terrible people, but they deserve human rights just like everyone else." I opened my mouth to defend myself but his eyes, that were burning with compassion, made me hesitate.

"Your too nice, Todoroki."

I chuckled. "What's so funny?" I looked forward and then up to the sky. "What you say to be violating their human rights, I say is giving them a second chance. The legal system is cruel and unforgiving." I looked back over at him. "Do you know how many criminals I have caught?" He shook his head. "Hundreds, and do you know how many I've seen out committing a crime for a second time?" Again, he shook his head no.

"None." He looked conflicted. "I'll agree with you that the legal system needs work, but what you're doing to them is psychological torture. They are too terrified to leave their house. That isn't mercy, its cruelty." I activated my quirk to make my eyes glow and to turn my hair white and I stared at Todoroki. "If I'm so cruel then why are you still here talking to me?"

He jerked back in surprised at first, but he quickly calmed down. "Because I know you won't do anything." I deactivated my quirk and my hair and eyes turned back to normal. I chuckled and smiled. "You have too much confidence in someone you hardly know." He smiled back at me. "I know you well enough."

The wind blew slightly as we sat there in silence. "When will you stop?" I shrugged. "Whenever I find Shigaraki." "Do you actually think you'll find him doing this?" I glared at him and he gulped slightly. I took a deep breath. "Probably not, but what else am I going to do?"

"Why not do things the legal way? Become a hero and track him down that way." I forced a chuckle. "You know why I can't do that." He nodded his head. "Yeah, your right."

The wind blew again, and Todoroki shivered. "Sure, is cold tonight." I grabbed Todoroki's hand. "I wouldn't know, I'm always cold." He started to blush. "R-right, I forgot." I chuckled and let go of his hand. He was still blushing. "M-Midoriya?" I titled my head to the side. "Y-you know for a while now I've been thinking that I wanted t-to get to know you better. More t-than just friends? And I was just wondering if- "

I cut him off. "I know. It was pretty obvious if I'm being honest." He started to blush harder. "O-oh really?" I nodded my head. "How about this?" He looked over at me. "If you beat me at the sports festival then I'll go out with you. If I win then you have to go out with me." He was speechless.

"If I'm being completely honest, I've felt the same way about you for a while." He smiled. "Nice to know." I blushed slightly.

"I'm going back now." I started to take off when he grabbed my hand and pulled me down. "Wait one more thing."

"What is it?" He let go of me. "If I win, then you have to stop going out and torturing these criminals." I hesitated. "Fine, but if I win then you have to stop following me out here at night." He nodded his head. "Fine." I smirked.

"Good luck."

Todoroki P.O.V.

After Midoriya flew away I sunk down until I was laying face up on the roof. "What the hell was that?!" I was trying to process everything that just happened.

I shot up. "Does that mean he said yes?!" Of course, coming out here tonight I was not expecting to even talk to him tonight, let alone ask him out tonight. I was in total shock. "But what the hell did he mean by if I win, he'll go out with me and if he wins, I'll go out with him?! Like who gets to plan it?" God this was confusing but I decided that is what he meant.

I started to sink back down on the roof when I thought about what he said after that. "I have to beat him at the sports festival to make him stop going out at night." Then the realization hit me. "I HAVE TO BEAT HIM TO MAKE HIM STOP" Panic took over. How am I ever going to beat Midoriya?! No one has even come close. Not even Mirio. So how am I going to beat him. I thought about it for a minute before it hit me.

"He never said I had to do it alone...."

I started to head back, thinking about ways to get Momo and the others to help me without telling them about him being a vigilante.

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you for reading this chapter, any feedback is appreciated. I wasn't planning on writing a chapter today but I wanted to as a thank you for getting first in quirkdeku! Thank you guys, that is amazing. 1st in over a thousand stories is just insane. So, again, thank you! Have a good rest of your day and I'll see you in the next chapter! :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.4K 4.1K 65
SECOND BOOK OF THE SINS OF THE FATHER. - Izuku Midoriya had always been interested in Quirks. He loved studying them and discussing them with his...
130K 4.3K 38
COVER ART DOES NOT BELONG TO ME!!! ⚠ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠ This Story Includes: - Abuse - Death - Mentions and signs of cutting - Angst ...
6.2K 119 53
---I know you can hear me, pro hero. If you don't want to be the only hero left in Japan, I suggest you never do this again... I will not hesitate to...
102K 2.2K 22
Izuku Midoriya has never felt more confused. Being a villain has taught him to never get attached to anyone, because they'll either end up betrayi...