Me and you.

By Mini_Blu3b3rry

Hazel Brown a 26 year old ebony woman has sworn to never let anyone get inbetween her and her 2 year old son... More

1. New Beginnings
2. Friend
3. Him
4. Special Guest
5. Matters To Discuss
6. R for Rich
8. Kidnapped
9. I spy
10. Aunt Mariah
11. Treat
12. Dinner
13. Taken
14. Gone
15. Uncle Ivan
16. Russian
Update
17. Misunderstood
18. Coincidence? I Think Not
19. M For Money
20. Breakfast
21. Manners
22. Trust
23. Lola
24. Unwanted Guest
26. Miss...?
27. Soft
28. Strawberry Mints
28. Bad News

7. Tension

11.4K 422 65
By Mini_Blu3b3rry

I sat down by our table and Marshall sat next to me whilst looking at Dimitri. I had no expressions on my face but Dimitri just smiled.
"How are you guys today?" he asked me. Bad. "Good, thanks for asking," I said with a fake smile. "And what about you Hero?" asked Dimitri as he turned his attention to Marshall.

Marshall nodded his head. "Good," he said. I started taking notice that Dimitri calls Marshall 'Hero' and it was...kind of cute.
"So how was school this week?" asked Dimitri.

---

Lunch was fine. It mostly consisted of Marshall conversing with Dimitri and me just listening. Dimitri would try create small talk with me but I simply avoided them with short answers.

"Marshall, do you like ice - cream?" asked Dimitri. "Yes," said Marshall as he got excited. "Well how about you go over there to that ice - cream booth. You can make your own customised ice - cream."
Before Marshall could answer a waitress came to us and offered to take Marshall to the ice cream booth. Marshall smiled and followed.

I watched them as they both walked to the ice - cream booth. "I would like for you and Marshall to move in with me," said Dimitri.
My head immediately turned to him.
"Excuse me?" I asked. "You heard me princess. It's the only way you and Marshall can be safe-" "From what?" I asked.

"That's nothing of your concerns Hazel. All I need is for you to pack your stuff and-" "No Dimitri. I don't even know you and now you want me to come live with you?!" I whisper shouted.
I held the bridge of my nose. "Look, I understand you want to see Marshall but weren't you the one that told me to get rid of him?" I asked.

Dimitri went silent. "I thought so, now I'd like to thank you for the dinner but I'm leaving," I said as I got up and grabbed my handbag.
"Hazel sit down," said Dimitri quietly. I could tell he didn't want to cause I scene but I didn't care. I walked to the ice - cream booth and fetched Marshall and headed outside the restaurant.
"Momma where's Bear?" asked Marshall. Guess what? Marshall calls Dimitri 'Bear' now because he thinks Dimitri is as brave as a Bear. I don't know why, and I don't care.

"We'll see him next time, now let's go," I said. We exited the restaurant and I checked my watch. It was currently 2:52pm now and I looked around. I didn't know where to go until I saw a nearby juice booth and I decided to go there.
I held Marshall's hand tightly and made my way through the people walking past and arrived.
Thankfully, the people who worked there minded their own business and didn't ask any questions.

I ordered Marshall and I two Mango shakes and we sat down by the bench. I grabbed my phone and called us an Uber.
As I waited on the bench with Marshall I saw Dimitri step out of the restaurant and look around. Two of his men were with him and one spotted me.
H

e pointed to me and I immediately got up. I picked up Marshall and placed him by my hip.

Luckily my Uber arrived and I quickly got inside. "Where to?" asked the driver.
I gave him my address and we took off. I looked back and saw Dimitri and his men watching as the Uber drive away.

---

Marshall and I arrived home and I was relieved that I had escaped Dimitri.
I made sure to lock my front and back door before getting Marshall and I changed and heading downstairs to the living room.

For dinner Marshall and I ate pizza and watched TMNT. That night I didn't know why but I felt...strange. Not in a weird way but in a way that made me feel happy.
I was guessing that it might have been the sight of Marshall bonding with Dimitri that made me feel this way.

After tucking Marshall in bed I got to my room and closed my door. I went to my bathroom and took a shower and got changed into pajamas. As I exited my walk in closet a cloth was immediately placed over my mouth.
I tried to react but I didn't know how to.

I felt my body getting weak and my breathing getting lighter. Next thing...

Darkness took over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 72 13
You know after everything that has happened to you, you think your girl will catch a break but no here l am. Mai 20 nice to meet you, l have been tak...
289K 20.4K 152
Tác phẩm: Toàn thế giới đều đang đợi người động tâm. Tác giả: Tố Tây Người gõ: Mia của bạn nè Beta: Hoa Hoa của bạn đây Ý là truyện này gõ nhanh quá...
255K 8K 182
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
194K 9.9K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...