//The Fire Nation's Jewel// M...

By Kyliecharm

______________________________ ______________________ Book 1; Y/n daughter of Commander Bumi and M/n a fragil... More

Book 1 Air: Memories
Republic City (2)
Pro-Bending Game (3/1)
Pro-Bending Game (3/2)
Finding Bolin (4)
Rescue Time! (5)
Someone Else (6)
The Truth is Out (7)
Conflict (8)
Broken Hearted (9)
New Friend (10)
Meeting (11)
And The Winner Is...(12)
Aftermath (13)
Act (14)
Extreme Meets (15)
Alone (16)
...You're Safe (17)
Turn The Tides (18)
M-my family...(19)
Skeletons in the Closet (20)
Survive (21)
Endgame (22)
Book 2 Release

Visiting The Southern Water Tribe (1)

2.7K 57 8
By Kyliecharm

Your Pov

I quickly flattered my eyes open to feel the cold breeze hitting my body "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" Ikki kept repeating over the hundredth time for the last fifteen minutes.

I sat up from the saddle to look down to see we already arrived in the southern water tribe compound.

"It looks like we're there! I know this is very familiar! Are we here yet? Are we here yet? Are we here yet? Oh, please tell me we're here!"

Looking around the compound to see nothing has changed over the last few years.

"Yes, Ikki as I've been telling you for the last fifteen minutes, we are finally here." Tenzin sighed in relief 

"Weee!" Ikki and Jinora leap out of the saddle riding air scooters down their sky bison's tail.

I grab Meelo from Tenzin's head without biting it any further "At least for now you'll be able to relax a bit." I slid down from Oogi's tail putting Meelo down.

"Thank you y/n," Uncle Tenzin whispered in relief getting off of Oogi to greet grandmother

"Hello, Mother. I can't tell you happy I am to see you." Jinora and Ikki came to their father's side. I turn around to see Pema struggling a bit going down Oogi.

"Here, let me help you, auntie." Helping Pema down Oogi's back.

"Thank you y/n. You've always been so helpful just like your mother," She puts her hand on my shoulder before walking up to Tenzin and grandma.

"Good to see you still care for other people," I quickly turn around to see Korra with her hands behind her back. 

I quickly ran up to Korra giving her a hug.

"Korra! It's been so long!" Both let go of the quick hug.

"It's been almost two years since you've last seen me," Korra pointed out as I laughed

"Yeah, but I was stuck here for two years training with my grandmother."

I pointed out as Korra puts her arms up in defeat "Yeah, you got me there but those were the best two years of my life since I wasn't alone," Korra slightly smiled as I smiled back at her.

I felt a presence behind me as I turned around to see uncle Tenzin, Pema, and grandmother.

"Korra? Look at you. So big and strong. You've grown into quite the young Avatar," He placed both of his hands on Korra's shoulders.

Korra happily smiled at Tenzin "Master Tenzin, I'm so glad you're here. I can't wait to get started." He slowly looked away from Korra.

"Yes, well... uh..." His attention turned to his wife.

"You're going to have to tell her sooner or later," Pema pointed out as Korra tilted her head.

"What? Tell me what?" Grandmother narrows her eyebrows.

"You're not staying are you?"

I let out a sigh looking at grandmother's sad facial expression "I'm afraid not. We're only visiting for the night, then I have to return to Republic City." Uncle explained the situation.

Korra narrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"But, no... you're supposed to move here. You're supposed to teach me," He placed both of his hands back onto her shoulders.

____________________________ 

Sitting in the dining hall talking about Korra's airbending training with the white lotus and my uncle.

"So how long until you are ready to teach me airbending? A week? A month?" Korra kept asking questions about her training being on hold.

"It could be much longer," He responded to Korra's question as she looked down at her plate.

"I don't understand. Why are you making me wait?" Korra looks back at Tenzin wanting an answer for the wait.

"I have a responsibility to Republic City. I am one of its leaders, and the situation there is very unstable right now." Tenzin tried to explain to Korra who shook her head.

"But you also have a responsibility to teach me. Believe me, I'd be happy to find another airbending master, but you're the only one. We're stuck with each other."

Tenzin looked down at his food "I wish there was another way." The room stayed silent for a second.

"Wait, there is! Y/n can teach me airbending! It's perfect!" Korra found a quick solution.

I looked over at my uncle who sighed "Y/n is not yet a master of airbending. Probably until next year, she'll become a master but for now will have to put your training on hold." The room became quiet once again.  

"If you can't stay here, then I'll go back to Republic City with you!" Korra perked up. 

"Absolutely not! The city is far too dangerous. Avatar Aang tasked us with keeping you safe while you mastered the four elements." The white lotus leader slam his hand onto the table objecting to Korra's idea.

Korra leans onto the table with one hand

"I get that. But I don't think keeping me locked up in this compound like a prisoner is what he had in mind." She tries to reason with the leader.

"I know this is difficult to accept, but it's not the right time for you to come to the city."

Korra stands up from the table "Whatever," Korra slams the door while leaving the dining hall. Both men hang their heads low letting out a sigh.

"I'll try to reason with her." Getting up from the table and leaving the dining hall.

I walked around the compound trying to find Korra before seeing bright flames up ahead walking up ahead to see Korra throwing flames at the poor snowman. 

I lean against a building "I see you're throwing your anger at the poor snowman." Korra quickly turned around to face me.

"Well, I had to find a way to release the anger." She slumped down onto the snow.

I walked over to her "I know it can be frustrating to have you're training to be on hold. I know I was pretty mad when I couldn't take my airbending lessons right away." I looked up at the night sky.

"I threw a huge tantrum over it. I ended up causing a tree to go on fire." I vividly remember that day causing Korra to laugh. 

I looked down at Korra putting my hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry the day of your air bending training will come soon."

____________________________ 

Sitting on top of Oogi waving goodbye to grandma "Goodbye, Gran-Gran!" Ikki happily exclaimed.

"Oogi, yip yip!" Oogi takes flight as I sit back on the saddle. 

Hopefully, Korra doesn't take airbending on hold personally.

"Y/n will it be alright if I braid your hair?" Jinora politely asked as I nodded my head turning around as jinora runs her hands through my hair.

Korra's Pov

Watching Tenzin's family leaving the compound from the distance with a member of the white lotus behind me.

I narrowed my eyes brows in anger. I can't wait any longer for my training! I have to leave this compound.

__________________________ 

I ran into naga's pen grabbed her stable putting it onto her back. I quickly wrap it around her body fixing the straps on Naga.

"Nice night for an escape, isn't it?" I quickly turn around to see Katara standing at the gate to the pen with a smile on her face.

I took a step forward "I have to leave. I have to find my own path as the Avatar," I reason with Katara as she kept a smile on her face.

"I know you do. Aang's time has passed. My brother and many of my friends are gone. It's time for you and your generation to take on the responsibility of keeping peace and balance in the world."

Katara takes a step forward placing her hand on my shoulder.

"And I think you're going to be a great Avatar." I smiled at katara bringing her into a hug 

"Thank you,"

"Goodbye, Korra,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 755 11
(Sequel to "To Feel Free") After months of searching for answers (Y/N) returns to her friends, only to be just in time to help another major crisis...
2.4K 46 13
The Legend Reborn is a story I wrote in late 2014 about the Avatar after Korra. After the release of the Legend of Korra follow up comics I went back...
16.2K 448 9
You are Bolin's twin and the youngest sibling by 13 minutes. Somehow you got the fire bender gene while your twin got the earth bending one. Your bro...
48.8K 1.6K 25
。・:*:・✰ 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 . 𝗸𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝘅 𝗳𝗲𝗺! 𝗿𝗲𝗮...