affixed | jjk ✓

By SKULLJIN

방탄소년단 His large hand pressed against her back, bringing her wilted figure up to his, chest to chest. "You're... More

note
playlist
prologue
1. the new assistant
2. coffee + salt
3. under his wing
4. embarrassed
5. the rush of caffeine
6. tattoos & piercings
7. bandaids
8. doubt
9. falling into my arms
10. hopeful
11. invitation
12. green light
13. tequila
14. encounters
15. desperate
16. a match
17. settle the bet
18. misconduct
19. pda
20. always here
21. agreeing to walk
22. plans to forget
23. crowded
24. friends
26. champaign & apologies
27. bicker
28. saved the best for last
29. enthusiastic
30. vampire's kiss
31. new plans
32. butter his toast
33. presumptuous
34. pinky promise
35. a perfect match
36. catching up
37. over the phone
38. hair dye
39. the bratty & the stubborn
40. right person
41. cleaning up the mess
42. break room conference
43. untold memories
44. power outage
45. monsters in the dark
46. official
47. better than sex
48. dimples
49. fet's luck
50. the interrogation
51. confessions
52. stay
53. comfort
54. early morning call
55. just us two
56. the fight & kiss
57. body of mine
58. boner patrol
59. free drink
60. table dancing
61. apoplectic
62. at fault
63. late night conversations
64. drapes of anxiety
65. closure
66. shared mornings of bliss
67. played fiance
68. ring shopping
69. entrance
70. unpleasant conversations
71. truth
72. resolve the issues
73. the wilted flower
74. four empty bottles
75. cucumbers
76. cafe
77. forty five roses
78. seeing you
79. love is not over
80. words on fiberglass
81. Unfinished conversations
82. warning
83. persistent
84. arguments
85. understanding
86. still with you
87. envy & rue
88. right timing
89. forgiven
epilogue
thank you all!

25. mistakes made

1.6K 77 29
By SKULLJIN

025

Devora would attempt to take her friend's advice, deciding to have fun knowing that the members were there, their sudden appearance was nothing more than a coincidence.

They were great people, and they probably wouldn't mind if Devora were to walk up to them and have a conversation. But, something told her not to.

It was better to pretend like she didn't see them, if anything.

Again, squeezing through the small slots between the moving figures, she made her way to the bar.

In hopes, she could possibly find a seat at the far end of the island, someplace where the guys weren't sitting.

Devora took a puff of comfort when she noticed that it was only three of the members who tagged along in their hangout.

Best of all, Jungkook was out of sight and didn't seem to be there with them.

Proceeding to the corner of the seat, she was approached by the employee that garrisoned the drink area.

"Hello, may I see your ID, please?" He urged respectfully.

"Oh right, I'm sorry." She chuckled foolishly, bringing it out from her phone case.

His eyes squinted for a second, determining that she barely made the cut.

"What would you like?"

She hummed in thought as if she didn't already decide on her way over. "Just a classic margarita."

Devora sat still in her seat, nails tapping against the mahogany counter, as the barkeep attended to the drink she asked for.

Her shoulders shuddered against a hand that was planted against her back.

"So, what are we ordering?" The voice asked.

It was Boseong, his flawlessly deepened cheeks were depicted beautifully under the lights as he checked out the display of countless drinks.

"I just got a margarita, you know, something to get me up." She was becoming accustomed to the loud music in the background, forgetting that it was even there for a moment in her conversation.

"Hey, isn't that Devora?" Jin tapped Taehyung's shoulder, his eyebrows cramped with uncertainty.

It was killing him not knowing who that woman was, he felt like he had seen her before.

He took a guess, assuming it was Devora, but in reality, he had no idea who that woman was. She did look like Devora, but he couldn't say for certain.

Taehyung looked over at the end of the island table, observing the girl with another taller guy that stood above her.

"Wait, I think it is Devora." Taehyung presumed Jin's assumptions were correct, a bit baffled that Devora was there.

"Maybe I should go say hi?!" Jin's friendly demeanor prompted him to do so.

"I don't want her to think we're ignoring her and pretending like we don't know her, right?" He looked to his opposite side, trying to find Jungkook and Jimin.

However, Jimin was the only one who sat there with another glass of wine in his hand, drinking away by himself

"Hey, Jimin!" Jin shouted to the man beside him.

"Jimin, do you think I should go say hi to Devora?!" He asked before giving Jimin the opportunity to respond. "Look! She's just there, and I don't wanna..."

Jin's voice faded away as Jimin's mind was absorbed in contemplation, he completely forgot that Devora was there. That Jungkook was sitting right beside him, talking to some other girl.

He turned over to his right, however, it wasn't Jungkook who sat there anymore. It was the girl he was speaking to — assuming Jungkook had offered her his chair.

"Hey? Jimin, I was talking to you!" Jin tried speaking over the music, to no avail as Jimin was already conquered by yet another intrusion.

Jimin pursed his lips painstakingly, marveled by how Jungkook stood in the direction of Devora, yet didn't notice her at all.

He must have really been entrapped in the conversation with his girlfriend.

As they waited for her drink, Boseong kept Devora involved. Speaking to her about endless conversations that Devora honestly had no idea how they even came up with.

It was better to keep Boseong talking, it deflected her from the knowledge of the guys that were sitting a couple of feet away from her.

"Here you go, sorry for the wait." The bartender apologized, placing her drink down in front of her.

She thanked him, dismissing his regrets.

Devora looked up from her drink, eyes immediately sticking to his face.

She felt her lips separate, shocked that Jungkook was there — she didn't see him along with the other members.

Devora looked at the head below his figure, a woman's head.

Well, that answered her question.

It was no wonder why she didn't see him before, he was too busy talking to the girl, rather than the other members.

As much as she wished she could just toss the drink right at him out of petulance, Devora felt more betrayed than resentful.

Her teeth clamped down on her tongue, preventing herself from stray tears of disappointment.

Jungkook prattling with other girls didn't pester her. Yes, it stung like hell, but that wasn't the reason for her disappointment.

She spent days worried about him, believing he was truly going through something.

'Unbelievable.' Devora told herself, deeply sighing through her nose.

"Dev? What's wrong?" Boseong's concerning voice snagged her attention once more.

"Nothing, I just thought I saw somebody I recognized." She decided to keep it to herself, downing the margarita in the glass cup effortlessly.

"Hey, Dev!" Another voice forced itself into their conversation, causing both Boseong and Devora to turn.

It was Jin.

He walked up to them with an indulgent grin, waving at them with utter elation.

Devora returned corresponding enthusiasm, "Oh, Hi Jin! I didn't see that you were here!"

He laughed. "Yeah, it was just the four of us that came." He pointed over at the two guys sitting together, including Jungkook.

"What about the others? Did they not wanna tag along with you guys?" Devora asked, keeping the conversation going for as long as possible.

"Ahh, well they were already busy with some work, and we were the only ones who just decided to ditch it and come over here for some drink."

"That's the same reason why we came, too!" She directed towards Boseong. "Jin, this is Boseong, he's my co-worker. Boseong, this is Jin. You know of him, right?"

"Of course, you guys come over to Mr. Jung's office very often." He smiled at Jin.

"Oh, you're the one that sits across from Devora, aren't you?" He was gracious and welcoming, and had his memory locked flawlessly.

"Alright then, it was nice seeing you and getting to talk again!" Jungkook's friend — Janet — dismissed herself from their lengthy reunion.

She embraced him tightly, imperceptibly stunning him — hugging her back with the same amount of squeezing.

He took the seat that he had offered to Janet once she left, sitting beside Jimin.

"Where'd Jin go?" He questioned, only seeing Taehyung.

Jimin stayed quiet, drinking his beverage. "Over there, with Devora."

"Oh, that's nice." Jungkook replied, absentminded.

He wasn't completely listening to what Jimin had to say, still processing his last conversations.

But, once his mind grasped Jimin's words, his head shot up from the empty table below his arms, turning back to his friend.

"Wait, what do you mean with Devora?" His speech was imbued with panic. "She's here? Since when?" His eyes trickled against all the faces that were at the bar, hunting for Devora.

"She's been here the entire time we have."

His eyes established on her figure from a distance.

She was entangled with another male that stood beside her, Jin standing in front of them with a smile on his seraphic face.

His eyes narrowed in utter confusion, wondering who that guy was, and why he looked so familiar. Why his arm was shrouded over Devora's waist, and why they were standing so close.

Seeing her there, with a spirited halo floating over her body reminded him how much he missed her.

He hasn't forgotten about her, she was all he thought about.

Wondering if he made the right decision by doing what he did, wondering if she had already given up on their friendship.

The fracture in his chest scorched at the edges, laying his hand on his chest to massage the wounded area.

Something compelled him to go up to her, and finally resolve things. Yet, the thought of her pushing him away stopped him from doing so.

He was conflicted with his emotions, as well as with his decisions.

Jungkook shook his head with disdain, watching Jin excuse himself from their conversation, heading back to the group.

He watched vigilantly from afar. Three more girls joined Devora's small group. Each of them pulled her into the crowded dancefloor, forcing her to dance with them.

Her cheeks were flushed with crimson red, her smile glowing under the blinking lights.

Jungkook felt his heart pint against his chest like an overworked hammer, stomach inflamed.

She looked so happy.

The sight was ineffably blissful.

She deserved nothing but prosperity, and that's all Jungkook wished for her.

So, if that's all he ever wanted for her, then why was his tongue poisoned with such a bitter taste?

Why was his chest so sore, and why were his hands brewed with perspiration?

"Are you okay?" Jimin was by Jungkook's side, as always.

He threw away his self-indulgent train of thought.

"Yeah, I'm good." An appreciative look shaded on his countenance.

"We can leave if you don't want to be here anymore, you know?" Jimin's voice was honeyed with diligence and concern, looking out for his friend.

Jungkook was thankful that Jimin was the way he was.

He was the only one that could sense his change in emotion. He was the only one who knew just how much Devora meant to him.

"It's okay, really. I'm okay." He lied. "I don't want to rush Jin and Taehyung, it looks like they're having a lot of fun."

Jimin left it alone, it was better not to push Jungkook or try and influence him on his emotions.

"I'll order you a drink." He insisted.

"Sure, thank you, hyung."

His mind went back to searching for Devora on the dancefloor, unable to see her with all the individuals that were jammed on the platform.

Jungkook reproached, his haggard mind racing with dubious thoughts.

'I made a mistake.'

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73 22 9
"My crush -screw that- Jungkook is too tall for me to kiss him on the lips." Taehyung's lips curled into a pout and he sighed. "What should I do?" "...
6.1K 341 30
HIGHEST RANKING: #31 in btsjk "I love you.. I love you so much!" he kissed me passionately and looked at my eyes "I'll be there to protect you at any...
10.3K 633 21
"Yes! You can't stop me! When I find the love of my life I'm gonna hear that bell Jimin and you can't tell me otherwise!" Jungkook whisper shouted wi...
147K 6.8K 24
They say 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 is a beautiful feeling and Having a 𝗖𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗛 is a feeling that only we, ourselves can...