ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ • ᴛʜ.ᴊᴋ

By EuphoricOnyx

Taehyung wasn't expecting to end up with his brand new billionaire boss, Jeon Jungkook, as a flatmate (more l... More

|| After LOVE ||
01 || Hide & Seek
02 || Frosty & Beach-head
03 || Mamma Mia!
04 || Coffee Date? Nah.
05 || Feud with the Rangers
06 || A Butterfly Promise.
07 || Confab At Zero 'O Clock
08 || Spatula Witch's Curse
09 || Meet (with) the Jackass.
10 || Math Genius is a sidekick?
11 || Chim, The Blushing Rescuer
12 || Dilemma At Wit's End
13 || The Froyo Encounter
14 || Candied Storm
16 || The Vivid Silence
17 || The Toast Talk
18 || Darn The Monday Blues.
A/n

15 || Take You Home

695 72 39
By EuphoricOnyx

|| Chapter 15: Take You Home ||

*****

"You're safe, you're safe... It's okay now.." Jungkook kept murmuring the words in a hollow chant while Taehyung held them in his embrace, chiming in every time he felt the ravenette's voice drip down low. 

Taehyung had no idea how to assist them medically, for he wasn't aware of the procedures, he still sat there crouched beside them, huddled under the vast grey sky--- even if moral support was all he could provide, he would do just that.

He didn't want to leave them alone, hurting in loneliness. He wanted to stay, with them, as long as he could. And he did. 

Minutes passed, Taehyung could feel Hansol's breathing gaining back its stability gradually, body trembling lightly in their hold. He wondered if it was because of the dropping temperature that chaperoned the harsh weather and as far as he could sense, Jungkook wasn't aware of the changes in the weather yet. 

As if on cue, a flash of bright lightning began to fill the sky, but as yet, no rain--- though it won't take the dark clouds looming in the horizon to whir it's away into the boundary of the city.

He didn't know how Jungkook had transported to this place, nor the location of his house, but knew very well that the latter wasn't in the right state to drive or walk back alone and so he asked-

"Can I take you home, with me?"

The welcoming intimation came out more as a hopeful plea, but Taehyung didn't mind it a least bit.

Jungkook looked up at him in a doubtful query, his doe eyes silently asking if he could really do that. "Home?"

Taehyung blinked at that. It was the first time, knowingly or unknowingly, he had addressed Yoongi's house as 'home'.

Not that he felt unsettled in his place, nor was Yoongi mistreating him, if anything, the elder was being a wonderful friend/ brother that he was--- only, Taehyung always knew that it wasn't exactly where he rightfully belonged.

He was only visiting  Yoongi's house, had no plans on living there forever, and he didn't wish for it either--- he never did and he never would.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook's call came out in a whisper, but enough to pull the other out of his swirling thoughts.

Taehyung smiled gently, his grip on Jungkook's shoulder tightening a tad bit, almost possessively. "The storm is approaching. Let me take you home before it rains down."

Jungkook could only nod while trying his best to keep the tears at bay. His heart was still constricted in pain for his boy while the little one battled with his anxiety, a battle he had to fight on his own, no way but without his dad's help, every single time, and was now slowly succumbing to exhaustion.

He himself was mentally exhausted after everything that had happened in less than an hour--- but, what had Jungkook surprised was that Taehyung seemed to understand everything, without him admitting any of it.

"Come on, let's wipe away those tears," Taehyung said, wiping the little boy's wet face, who was half asleep in his dad's hold.
Helping the ravenette onto his feet, he asked "The house is just around the corner. Will you be able to walk?"

Jungkook nodded again, his throat seemed clogged up, for no words seemed to pass through his clouded mind. Taehyung only nodded back appreciatively at him, taking his hand in his soft warm one and giving it a little tug.

The walk was short and soon they had walked past the wooden gate and the door, bee-lining into the living room of the minimal cosy house. The heater had been turned on already, welcoming them with a snug comfort.

Taehyung let go of Jungkook's hand and went into one of the bedrooms while the latter laid the little sleeping boy on the couch, cushioning his head with one of the patterned throw pillows.

Taehyung walked back into the living room with a thick woollen blanket and covered the tiny figure of Hansol with the warm fuzzy fabric. He stroked back the raven locks covering the little boy's forehead lovingly and stepped back, only to watch Jungkook lean down and press a soft kiss to his son's temple.

Taehyung smiled at them fondly, giving a comforting pat to Jungkook's muscled shoulders.

He left the two on the couch and walked into the adjoining kitchen, to make some chamomile tea for himself and the distressed ravenette. His eyes gravitated now and then to the sitting figure, softly patting his son and easing him to sleep, while the water boiled in the kettle.

By the time the tea was ready, Jungkook was already sitting in front of him on the other side of the kitchen island, in silence, with a blank stare. Handing over a steaming cup of tea to the other, Taehyung walked around and settled himself on the stool beside the ravenette.

"Do you feel better now?" he asked, once both had drunk almost half of the calming drink.

Jungkook nodded, hands cupping the hot mug and eyes glued on the marble countertop.

There was a common saying about the calm before the storm. But no one ever talked about the deafening silence after the storm hit.

And that deafening silence came along with a tense ambience that Taehyung could feel radiating from the other's aura. He didn't want Jungkook to feel pressured, he wasn't going to suck information out of the ravenette, no, that was not his intention.

You can feel at home, Jungkook. You are safe. Taehyung wanted to say those words aloud.

Instead, he rephrased it into, "You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to, but please, at least let me keep you company? Until the storm passes?"

Jungkook turned towards him, a look of guilt and remorse flooding his features. "No, Tae- "

Jungkook's phone rang interrupting the very first words he was about to say after all that time of remaining silent and Taehyung wanted to throw the phone on the floor and jump on it, till it was nothing but a distorted electronic glass sharded mess.

Taehyung sighed internally.

Jungkook glanced at the caller ID and looked back at him. "Can I just attend this call?"

"Sure. Go on. That door leads to the backyard," Taehyung pointed to the manual sliding glass door on the eastern side of the room, acknowledging the other's privacy.

Jungkook gave a small polite bow before getting up and leaving the room, walking out, into the small backyard.

Taehyung took the chance to check on his baby girl, who was supposed to be asleep in Yoongi's room with her uncle. He walked down the hallway and paused in front of the elder's room. Contemplating whether to knock or not, he decided to just open the door. He didn't want to wake up Yoongi, oh no, the result would be a nightmare.

"You are going out somewhere, hyung? In this weather?!" Taehyung whisper shouted in surprise as Nabi was still asleep, cuddled deep under the warm duvet.

Yoongi jumped back frightened, getting hold of the table lamp and ready to swing it any instant.

Taehyung shrieked and stepped out of the room hurriedly, closing the door shut in a flash.

A second or two passed before the silver-haired male slowly creaked open the door to find Yoongi still positioned like the famous liberty statue, only in the place of the torch there was a table lamp raised high in the air.

Taehyung gulped. "Hyung, it's me."

"You fucking startled the freaking daylights out of the fabulous me," Yoongi snarled out the words in a low dangerous growl.

Hyung and his fancy choice of words. Duh.

Taehyung grinned cheekily. "Oops. Sorry?"

Yoongi huffed, shaking his head. "I'm going to the office, Tae. Urgent meeting, have to go," he said, placing the lamp back in its place and gathering the files on his desk.

"In this weather?!"

"The storm can't stop me." Yoongi winked, flashing his gummy smile.

He walked past Taehyung, out of the room, not leaving a chance for the latter to inform about the presence of the two additional humans in the household.

Following close behind, Taehyung almost bumped into the elder when the latter halted in his steps. Yoongi turned around to look at the other, his thumb pointing at the back of the ravenette standing outside, visible through the glass door.

Taehyung nodded. "We have guests."

"Should I stay and welcome?" Yoongi asked in query.

"Not necessarily. You can introduce yourself later? If that's okay with you?"

"Perfect. I will get going then, tell the person that I welcomed him with all my damned heart." Yoongi rushed out of the house, ignoring the small figure of Hansol nestled in his couch.

Taehyung scoffed. "That hardly sounded like a pleasantry" he shook his head, a lazy smile stretching his lips as he closed the door after the male, "I would rather tell him anything but that. Yoongi, who?"

******
Hello, lovelies!

QUIZ: What will you name the genre of this chapter??

Late update, I know, I'm so sorry.
But double update... did I make it up to you?
*smiles shyly*

Boop that little star(vote) button down there!

Vote, SHARE and Comment.

-EuphoricOnyx-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

509K 19.6K 59
"I am your husband now....and there are some rules you have follow..." Taehyung said... "O-Okay" Jungkook replied.. _________________________________...
144K 5.7K 25
where the workaholic son of Jeon gets arranged marriage with taehyung who is shy, kind and sassy!!! Jeon Jungkook living with a deep secret maybe a...
61.6K 2.2K 44
A story where two strangers from different backgrounds become one. Kim taehyung and upcoming actor who has a very challenging life with his fami...
197K 6.9K 26
Kim Taehyung, the youngest C.E.O. of The Kim's. Despite of being rich, smart, handsome like a greek god; still his life is full of pain & loneliness...