Citylights | Jinkook

By Z_wave

When two wandering souls meet at a business party. What will transpire between these two strangers? Began: O... More

Disclaimers
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Epilogue

1

3.1K 134 3
By Z_wave

Jungkook POV

I walked into the party feeling so out of place. Why was I here in an area of rich people? Compared to them I probably look poor or something.

I'm only here because my best friend Taehyung asked me to sing at his father's business party. I've never been to anything like this, so I hesitated when he asked. 

I was scared that I would embarrass myself but he practically begged on his knees for me to sing. I said yes after some stubborn begging from him. I don't know why he wanted me to sing though, I mean my voice is okay sure but not that okay to sing in front of a bunch of rich ass people. 

As I walked up to the building I was thinking of turning on my heel and walking straight back to the car but then I remembered Taehyung. I didn't want to let him down, he'd be disappointed in me. So I pushed back the fear in me and marched straight into that hall.

And there I was standing at the entrance of this extravagant party.

I slowly walked in, looking all over the place. It was fancy as hell. Ornaments and chandeliers on the ceiling, silk white table cloths, pretty rose accents on the tables, and people wearing the most beautiful clothes I had ever seen. I looked at my own clothes and felt underdressed compared to them.

Though I was a bit uncomfortable, the atmosphere was pretty nice. It smelled like expensive perfume everywhere and the decorations all around made it more of a vibe.

I looked around for Taehyung but I couldn't see him. I wandered around for a few minutes with no luck. 

I sighed, grabbing my phone out of my pocket and calling him.

"Ayo Jungkook, where you at?" Taehyung asked after he picked up the phone.

"I should be asking you that, where are you?" 

"I was at the party a few minutes ago but I didn't see you so I assumed you were in the bathroom or something."

"Well, I'm right out here Tae. Meet me by the wine table." 

"Okay buddy, see you soon." Taehyung hung up.

"That bastard," I mumbled to myself.  He really just left me to find my own way, he'll pay for that later.

I waited at the wine table for two minutes before I saw Taehyung coming towards me with a smile on his face.

"Aye, there you are. Thanks again for doing this man, people are gonna love it!" Taehyung exclaimed.

"Whatever" I said, folding my arms.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you. You know how I asked you to sing 'Get you alone' and 'Ain't about you', right?" 

"Yeah, you wanted me to just sing the female part for 'Ain't about you', right?" 

"Uh no, I actually got one of my cousin's to sing that song with you."

'Oh my god' I thought.

"Dude, why didn't you tell me this earlier? I don't know her, this could be a total disaster" I groaned, covering my face with my hands.

"Hey hey man, don't worry. She's a really good singer and knows the song well. I'm sure you two will be fine. She's also singing her own solo song. It's 'We ride' by Brave girls." 

"Okay fine," I said. I was a bit upset that Taehyung didn't tell me about this but guess I'll just have to go with it.

For the rest of the time until I was set to perform, me and Taehyung just hung out talking about random stuff while sipping on some light wine and having refreshments. 

While we were talking, someone suddenly spoke into the mic. "Hello everyone, glad you could all be here tonight. We have some special artists here tonight. Give them a hand."

People started clapping, looking all around wondering who could be the people the announcer was talking about. 

"For this first number we have Jeon Jungkook." He said. The people clapped once more. The announcer went back to his drum stand with the rest of the band on stage. Yeah, there was a whole live band playing and everything, of course, fancy as hell.

Taehyung pushed me towards the stage giving me a thumbs up. "You'll do great!" He whispered loudly.

I smiled nervously, walking towards the stage. Once I was there I adjusted the microphone stand, getting ready to sing. 

I looked at the crowd who had almost all their eyes on me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 'Come on Jungkook, you can do this. If you don't have confidence, fake it until you feel it' I said to myself.

The music started playing a jazzy tune. I tried to make myself look brave and confident. I started to sing the first song 'Get you alone' by Baekhyun, trying to get more sweeped up in the mood as I sang. I was feeling more confident by the minute. This was going well so far. 

Jin POV

I really didn't want to be here. My brother and I had to come to this stupid party because our dad wanted to introduce us to his lame business colleagues for some reason.

My brother didn't like it either but dealt with it a lot more maturely than I did. 

I was basically spending the whole night taking all the free food I could get. 

My brother came and checked on me. "Hey Jin, liking the party?" 

"No, see the look on my face? This is the face of pure boredom." I said pointing to my face.

"Oh come on Jin, stop being so dramatic." He said, grabbing my hand and pulling it down. "Even though you don't want to be here, you should at least pretend to enjoy it."

"But I'm not." I said, dead serious.

"Jin, just give it a chance."

"Jimin, I don't want to. At least not now, you know how dad's business is. It's all high end lifestyle and shit. All these people are probably snobs."

"Well you won't know that if you don't talk to anyone." Jimin sighed. "Look, if you really don't want to talk to anyone then you can just hang out with me, okay?" Jimin said, patting my shoulder.

"Okay." I said, smiling slightly. 

About 5 minutes later, Jimin got a call. He talked to someone for a minute before hanging up. "Sorry bro, that was dad, he said he wants me for a minute. I'll be right back." Jimin said, waving to me as he left.

Well great, I'm alone again. 

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the wine table grabbing a small glass and drinking it.

Suddenly someone started speaking into the mic. I didn't pay much attention because I didn't care that much. I just continued sipping my wine. 

Suddenly, I started hearing some music playing over the loudspeaker. 'Ah, this is a nice song. They chose their playlist well' I thought. That's when I looked towards the stage. It wasn't just a song playing, some guy was singing it live. 

I was surprised to see this. I watched the guy in awe. He was so handsome and sang with so much life.

Author's POV

Jungkook continued singing, sweeping the party up into a peaceful mood. He sang with so much life and emotion. As the music flowed more he became comfortable and sang to his best ability.

Jin watched as he sang so beautifully. He was impressed that someone could sing so well live. 

After Jungkook finished the first song, everyone cheered and clapped for him. Jungkook smiled, feeling much better about himself.

Jungkook POV

I saw a girl approaching the stage shortly after I finished singing. She was so beautiful, she wore a black sleeveless dress that had a skirt that was long in the back and short in the front with black feathers all around the bottom and top. She wore silver and black makeup and had beautiful long light brown hair.

I assumed she was Taehyung's cousin. She walked onto the stage, grabbing a mic stand and set it next to me with some space in between. 

She looked in my direction and smiled at me. I smiled back trying to be polite. 

The music started playing again, playing the intro to 'Ain't about you' by Wonho.

I sang first, showing my attitude and confidence. It seemed to be working because lots of people had their eyes on me.

Soon it got to her part. She started singing with elegance and much emotion. She was good, like really good. 

We sang the rest of the song, looking at each other occasionally smiling at each other. The song ended and the people erupted into cheers. 

I looked down shyly and walked off the stage. I looked back at the girl one last time who waved at me. I waved back, smiling at her. 

Author's POV

 Jungkook then went to get a drink. He walked towards the wine table and picked up a cup of water and drank it. He didn't see Taehyung anywhere though, maybe he had some business stuff to deal with so he didn't question it.

Jin tried not to stare at Jungkook but it was almost physically impossible. He was so gorgeous. 

Suddenly, the guy looked in Jin's direction causing Jin to blush and look away slightly. 

Jungkook did a closed mouth smile before walking up to him. Jin stood in his place getting nervous. 

"Hi, I don't believe we've met. I'm Jungkook" he said, extending his hand. Jin gladly took his hand and smiled back.

"Hello Jungkook, my name is Seokjin." 

They both released from the handshake. "Seokjin. Nice name" Jungkook said.

Jin chuckled. "Thanks" he said, brushing some of his hair behind his ear shyly. Jin felt nervous but tried to hide it by acting casual.

"So, how are you enjoying the party?" Jungkook asked.

"It's pretty nice, though sometimes I feel over the top wearing these fancy clothes" Jin laughed.

"Ah yeah, I get you. I don't go to these kinds of things too often. But hey, it's what you gotta do." Jungkook smiled at Jin.

"Oh by the way, I saw you up on stage. You were incredible" Jin said enthusiastically.

"Oh, thank you. I never thought of myself as a good singer so I guess it feels good knowing someone likes my voice." Jungkook got a bit shy hearing the compliment.

"I think everyone here almost fell out of their seats when they heard you sing. You should do it more often." 

"Thanks, I guess I will" Jungkook finished his cup of water. He looked out at the rest of the party where people were wearing their fancy clothing and looked at all the pretty decorations like the twinkle lights, the blue ornaments, etc.

Jin turned to look out as well admiring the place. "So Jungkook, are you here with someone or are you single tonight?" Jin asked.

"Well no, I mean uh...I'm here because my friend asked me to sing tonight. His father is one of the main directors in Sinsum company. He thought I'd be a good staple to everyone here." Jungkook leaned against the table, still looking out at the rest of the party.

"Well he thought right. You were amazing" 

Jungkook smiled shyly again. He thought that people at this party would be all snobby and full of themselves because they were rich but this Seokjin guy was really nice. Taehyung had told him to try and introduce himself to others. It was kind of courtesy if you made eye contact with someone, you went up and talked to them. So when Jungkook made eye contact with this guy he panicked for a hot second but remembering what Tae told him, he immediately pushed that fear to the back of his mind and started to walk up to him. 

Jungkook made eye contact with Seokjin again, smiling acknowledging his statement. 

"So Seokjin, you said it's pretty nice coming to these things. Do you come to these often?"

"No I don't actually. My father wanted me and my brother to come here tonight. Maybe he thought it would be nice to introduce his sons to his colleagues or something. And it's not really the party I enjoy but it's the refreshments and the cool vibe with all the fancy decorations and things" 

"Hm, nice." Jungkook responded. 

Suddenly Jin's phone rang. He glanced down at his pocket and grabbed his phone picking up the call. 

"Yes?" Jin answered. "Ah, I see. Okay, I'll be there shortly." Jin said, hanging up the phone.

"Hey, I'm sorry, I gotta run. It was nice meeting you, Jungkook." Jin said, tucking his phone away back into his pocket.

"And if you ever want to...call me" Jin smirked, handing over a card to Jungkook before leaving the area.

Jungkook looked at the card in his hand. It had his name, phone number, and email address. Jungkook smiled looking at it. He felt giddy about the whole encounter. Hopefully he will see him again sometime soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 611 17
Nothing to say :) find out yourself please ๐Ÿ’œ If any stories match with this then it's coincidence.. Enjoy :) Started :- 12/03/2023 Ended :- 21/03/20...
157K 6.4K 21
One intimate night with his schoolmate brought something unexpected to Taehyung's life, but knowing Jungkook was too young, he left; Not because he w...
14.7K 1.1K 15
โwe can make a dollhouse, follow your designโž STARTED - 2 January 2021 FINISHED -30 September 2021
6.5K 256 9
Love endures when the heart doubts. *Republish February 22, 2020