Dunklaus

By Jeg_Liker_Brunost

When the baudelaires find the Quagmires in the elevator shaft, They Get them out of the cage. The basket isn'... More

Ashes, ashes, ashes
Capture three
The Auction
Authors note
Authors note
The Car

Together and separated.

745 9 24
By Jeg_Liker_Brunost

''You nerveous?'' Asker Violet.

''I'm anxious. I'm not sure If I'm ready to do this.'' Said Klaus.

''Me neither. But If Duncan and Isadora Are down there, We has to Get down there.'' Said Quigley.

They layed forwards and the balloon feld down the shaft. Quigley and the Baudelaire could only hope to find Duncan and Isadora down there. They flyed a long way. After some minutes They saw Duncan and Isadora. They stood up as Quigley the Baudelaires came down.

''You found us.'' Said Duncan.

''I'm so happy to see you.'' Said Isadora.

''I've never been so happy to see you two in my entire life.'' Said Quigley

''Are you two ok?'' Asked Violet.

''We're ok. Scarde, But ok.'' Said Duncan.

''How did you find us?'' Asked Isadora.

''It was Klaus' idea.'' Said Violet.

''It was Violet invention.'' Said Klaus. He looked over at Violet. ''Do you think you can pick this lock?'' Asked Klaus.

''Not without any tools. I wish i could see What's down here.'' Said Violet.

''Try this.'' Said Isadora.

She found her piece of the spyglass and gave it to Violet.

''You see the markings! Of you Line them up...'' Said Duncan.

''And give it a half turn clockwise.'' Said Isadora.

Violet did as they Said. Light came out of the spyglass.

''We learnt that in The Incomplete History of Secret Organizations.'' Said Isadora.

''You found the book.'' Said Klaus.

''Right before We were kidnapped. We took as many notes as We could. We may be kidnap victims, But I'm still a journalist.'' Said Duncan.

''We learn many haunted secrets.'' Said Isadora.

''About our parents. And your parents too.'' Said Duncan.

''We were right. Everything is connected.'' Said Isadora.

''Well, what did you learn?' Asked Klaus.

They could hear a sound from the top of the elevator shaft.

''Tell us when You're safe.'' Said Violet.

''We heard count Olaf plan. He'll hide us in an item at the In Auction and sneak us out of the city, and hide us on an Island, tomorrow.'' Said Isadora as Duncan's eyes got filled with fair.

''No, he's not. You two coming with us, right now.'' Said Quigley  as Violet studyed the spyglass.

''I think It'd electromagnetic circuit. It's not just light, It's heat. I Wonder...'' Said Violet. She turned the spyglass a little more clockwise and red light came out.

'The Incomplete History of Secret Organizations Said it can be used for all shorts of things.'' Said Duncan.

''Mabye it can melt the lock.'' Said Violet.

She held the spyglass infront of the lock. It melted. Duncan and Isadora went quickly out of the cage, Violet, Quigley and Klaus jumped out and hugged them.

''Thanks.'' Said Duncan.

''Well, it is what friends Are for.'' Said Klaus as the friends went away from each other.

''And Sibblings.'' added Quigley.

''Duncan, hand me that newspaper.'' Said Violet.

Duncan picked up a newspaper and gave it to Violet. Ahe held the spyglass under the newspaper. The newspaper started to fly up.

''Heat rises.'' Said Violet.

''What?'' Asked Klaus.

''If We held the spyglass under the handkerchief, we can Get to the top.'' Said Violet.

Klaus looked down in the basket.

''It's not enough place for all of us. It'a enoguh space for three teenagers and a toddler.'' Said Klaus.

''I stay here while you, Sunny and one two of Quagmires go to the top.'' Said Violet.

''Are you sure?'' Asked Klaus.

''Klaus, let me keep my promise.'' Said Violet.

Klaus nodded and jumped back in the basket.

''Duncan, Quigley, go with them. I won't be far away.'' Said Isadora.

Duncan and Quigley hugged her thightly. Then They went from each other and Duncan and Quigley  jumped in the basket.

''Duncan, take the spyglass. Klaus, hold up the handkerchief.'' Said Violet.

She gave Duncan the spyglass. Klaus held up the handkerchief and They started to fly up. Sunny waved down to Violet and Isadora.

Duncan, Klaus, Quigley and Sunny was on a Good way up.

''I hope Violet and Isadora will be ok.'' Said Duncan.

''I hope we will make it to the penthouse before count Olaf and the Squalor's Get back.'' Said Klaus

Quigley started to smell something.

''Do you smell smoke?'' Asked Quigley.

Klaus looked up.

''The handkerchief!'' Said Klaus.

It came smoke out of the handkerchief.

''The fabric is burning. The heat is too intense.'' Said Duncan.

''What do we do?'' Asked Klaus.

''What would Violet do?'' Asked Quigley.

Klaus thinked out something his sister whole do. His eyes wide opened.

''She would have stopped.'' Said Klaus.

Quigley was a little shocked.

''Ok. Don't worry. I'll fix this. Trusth me.'' Said Duncan.

He turned of the spyglass and the three boys and Sunny feld Very Fast Down. Klaus started to scream.

Violet and Isadora heard klaus scream.

''Klaus? Sunny?'' Said Violet.

''Duncan? Quigley?'' Said Isadora.

Klaus: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

''If We die, i'll kill you both!'' Said Quigley.

Klaus: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Duncan made the ballon fly again, and They was on the way up.

''Oh, Good. Duncan, i love you.'' Said Klaus.

Duncan blushed a little, and so did Klaus.

''As a friend.'' Said Klaus.

''Boyfriend.'' Babbled Sunny to Quigley

''I know right.'' Said Quigley to Sunny.

''I know you meant as a friend, Klaus. If we maintain a consistent heat level, we should make it.'' Said Duncan.

''For a second, i though we we—'' said Klaus, as the balloon exploded.

The basket faled down and landed infront of Violet and Isadora.

''Klaus! Sunny!'' Shouted Violet.

''Duncan! Quigley!'' Shouted Isaodra.

''Stop shouting!'' Shouted count Olaf.

''Oh-no.'' Said Isadora.

''You're right. They didn't make it in time.'' Said Violet.

''Lucky.'' Said Isadora.

''You're right. They will save us. That's what sibblings are for.'' Said Violet.
(Yes! We keep that going!)

On the top of the shaft came Duncan and klaus climbing out. The got up on the floor. Duncan helped Quigley up and Klaus picked up Sunny. They all stood up.

''Oh no. How do Violet and Isadora Get up now?'' Asked Duncan.

''I don't know. Mabye we can call the police or something.'' Said klaus.

They heard someone Come up the stairs.

''Olaf.'' Babbled Sunny.

''No. No. No. This is the end.  We are so fu*cked up.'' Said Quigley.

He pressed a button so the elevator doors. Up the stairs came Esmé.

Klaus, Duncan and Quigley screamed.

''Ahh!''

And so did Esmé.

''AHHHHHHH!''

They looked down at the floor. Jerome layed there.

''Jerome!'' Said Klaus.

''What happened to him?'' Asked Quigley.

''Who even is that guy?'' Asked Duncan who never seeen Jerome before

''Nothing to worry about, darlings. He just collapsed in the middle of the dinner.'' Said Esmé.

She dragged her husband insode the penthouse.

''Collapsed?'' Asked Klaus.

''Fell sound asleep. You should be asleep, too. It's whatever Time it is.'' Said Esmé.

''Is Gunther here?'' Asked Quigley.

''Who? No, no.'' Said Esmé

She opened the door to the pent house. They all went inside. Duncan, Klaus, Quigley and Sunny went over to Jerome.

''Do you smell something? Like a... school librarian smell?'' Asked Esmé.

''Jerome, wake up.'' Said Klaus.

''Let him rest. Sleep is natural like cosmetic or frivolous lawsuits.'' Said Esmé.

''We need to tell him something important.'' Said Quigley.

''Tell me. I'm important.'' Said Esmé.

Duncan, Klaus, Quigley and Sunny Where Silence.

''And you Are important to me. I know i seem like an insansly powerfull woman who spends too much time at work and too much money on earrings. But I'm also your guardian...'' Said Esmé.

She looked at Duncan.

''Who Are you?'' Asked Esmé.

''This is my brother, Duncan.''Said Quigley.

Esmé's eyes wideopened.

''But you Are supposed to be in thr elevator shaft.'' Said Esmé.

Duncan, Klaus, Quigley and Sunny was shocked.

''It's another Word for kidnapped.'' Said Esmé.

''Actually, it isn't.'' Said Klaus.

''Just forget that. Klaus, Sunny, Quigley, I'm your guardian. You can tell me anything.'' Said Esmé.

''You might not belive us.'' Said Quigley.

''Try me.'' Said Esmé.

They all sat down and Duncan, Klaus and Quigley told Esmé everything.

''This is terrible. Let me see i understand. Gunther is count Olaf in disguise?'' Asked Esmé.

''Yes. Hid boot cover hid tattoo, and his sunglasses hide his eyebrow.'' Said Klaus.

''Amd he's hidden your friends in cage at the bottom of my elevator shaft?'' Asked Esmé.

''Yes. But the Baudelaires found us.'' Said Duncan.

''And now, your sisters, Violet Baudelaire and Isadora Quagmire, is down in the elevator shaft with nowhere to go?'' Askes Esmé.

''That's right.'' Said Sunny.

''And the reason for that is because the air balloon exploded?'' Asked Esmé.

''Bingo!'' Babbled Sunny.

''This is the least in thing i have ever heard. This is a complicated plot. I'm suprised Children like yourselves figured it out. Your bravery and smarts Are remarkable. I need a drink.'' Said Esmé.

She opened the table amd grabbed three bowls with Parsley soda. She gave one bottle each to Klaus, Duncan and Quigley.

''Parsley soda. The Daily Punctilio says it's the innest thing since aqueous martinis. Try it.'' Said Esmé.

''No, Thank—'' Said Klaus.

''Try it.'' Said Esmé.

Duncan, Klaus and Quigley drank the Parsley sodas. They didn't Like it.

''It tastes like parsley.'' Said Duncan.

''Isn't it remarkable? I taste the same thing.'' Said Esmé.

''Mrs. Squalor—'' Said Klaus.

''Esmé.'' Corrected Esmé.

''Esmé.'' Said Quigley.

''I know what You're going to say. There isn't time to drink savory beverages. We must end this terrible scheme. We will have Gunther arrestedmamd your sisters free.'' Said Esmé. She putted down her soda. ''Put down your drinks. There's no time to waste.'' Said Esmé.

Duncan, Klaus and Quigley putted down their drinks. Klaus picked up his baby sister and They all walked out of the penthouse.

''We've got tell the police as quickly as possible. Luckily, the nearesr police station isn't far away. It's too bad We've got to take all those stairs again. We could slide down the banister which would be quicker. Though less dignified.'' Said Esmé.
She turned to the Children.

''Oh! I know!'' Said Esmé. She pressed a button and the elevator doors opened. ''We'll take the elevator.'' Said Esmé.

She pushed, Duncan, Klaus, Quigley and Sunny down and They started scream. They feld Very Fast Down. They landed in a net. Duncan and Klaus screamed while they tried to relize They weren't falling to death. They stopped screaming.

''We're ok. We're ok.' Said Klaus.

''What?'' Asked Quigley.

''We're ok. We landed in a net. We're ok.'' Said Klaus.

''We're not ok. We're not half ok. We're not even 1/27th ok. Our sisters is in danger right now and our new guardian jsut threw us down an elevator shaft.'' Said Quigley

''But We Are alive.''

''You Are alive, But you Are definitely not ok. You and your sisters Are going to he smuggled out of town, and i can guarantee that you orphans will never be ok again!'' Said Esmé. ''What... *scoffs. Line?'' Asked Esmé.

Count Olaf (Gunther) showed up beside her.

''What a womderful—'' Said count Olaf.

''Yes, Yes, Yes.'' Said Esmé.

''What a womderful and profotable day! Count Olaf, my former acting coach, will finally Get his hands on not one But Teo enourms fortunes!'' Said Esmé. She and count Olaf started to laugh.

''Your forming acting coach? You knew Gunther's identity the entire time?'' Asked Klaus.

''Course i did. I'm an actor. I was acting. I had to fool you and my dim wotted husband into thinking he was an auctioneer.'' Said Esmé.

''You really Are starting to grow as a thesbian.'' Said Count Olaf.

''Thesbian? Welll, i do love horses.'' Siad Esmé.

''You Are our guardian! You're supposed to keep us safe, and our friends If indeed. Not throw us down elevator shafts, work with villains who try to steal fortunes!'' Said Quigley.

Esmé and count Olaf started to laugh.

''But i want to steal from you. I want to steal from you the way Beatrice Baudelaire stole from me!'' Said Esmé.

The Children was in shock.

''Baudelaire?'' Asked Duncan and Quigley

''What did you say?'' Asked Klaus.

Esmé and count Olaf walked away.

This was trouble.

Violet and Isadora din't have it better. The troupe came and locked hem inside the cage again. The putted a blanket over it and dragged them away. The troupe were trying to read a map. They wasn't Good. Not at all.

''I think is that way.'' Said one of the white faced woman.

''I think is that way.'' Said the other white faced woman.

''Mabye It'a that way.'' Said the gender less.

''That was Where We came from.'' Said the bald man.

Violet and Isaodra got anyoed.

''If Quigley was here, he would Get so anyoed and start to help them. He hated it when someone couldn't read a map.'' Said Isadora.

''And If Sunny was here, We would be out.'' Said Violet.

''But None of them Are. It'a only us.'' Said Isadora.
It wasn't a Good thought But it was something about it that made her smile.

''Mabye it isn't so bad.'' Said Violet.

Isadora blushed. Violet held her hand.
The two girls stared in each other's eyes. Then the cage started to move again.

''That way.'' Said one of the white faced woman. (Who destroyed the Viodora moment. Viodora is my On The Top! No one is allowed to destroy their moments!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 4.6K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
117K 13.8K 21
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
869K 19.8K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.