Army Goddess

By Profiler2610

Major Angela Karev, also known as Dr. Angela Karev, is coming home for good. Ever since she was 19, she had b... More

Cast (midS7-S10)
Chapter 1: Home
Chapter 2: Torres
Chapter 3: Wedding Fun
Chapter 4: Protocols
update: an
Chapter 5: Trauma
Chapter 6: 1st Years, Honestly
Chapter 7: Appy or Cardio?
Chapter 8: Boys Night
Chapter 9: Dating?
Chapter 10: Coq au Vin
Chapter 12: Heart in a Box
Chapter 13: Henry
Chapter 14: Aftermath of Henry
Chapter 15: Horrible Torture
Chapter 16: Karev vs Karev
Chapter 17: Valentine's
Chapter 18: Man Brain
Chapter 19: Stupid Brother
Chapter 20: Hearts
Chapter 21: Chief Sloan
Chapter 22: Interviews
Chapter 23: The Question
Chapter 24: Decisions
Chapter 25: News
Chapter 26: Goodbye Mark Sloan
Chapter 27: Surge
Chapter 28: Settlement?
Chapter 29: Food List
Chapter 30: Zola
Chapter 31: Statements
Chapter 32: Happens for a Reason
Chapter 33: NICU
Chapter 34: Guilt-Trip
Chapter 35: Gasoline
Chapter 36: Winning
Chapter 37: Waves
Chapter 38: Karev-Sloan
Chapter 39: Quitting
Chapter 40: Buying
Chapter 41: Domino-Transplant
Chapter 42: LODOX
Chapter 43: Fight
Chapter 44: War
Chapter 45: Offer
Chapter 46: Leaving?
Chapter 47: Storm Part 1
Chapter 48: Storm Part 2
Chapter 49: Leaving
Chapter 50: Jimmy
Chapter 51: Switzerland
Chapter 52: Serving
Chapter 53: Back for Good

Chapter 11: Play Ball

6.5K 194 12
By Profiler2610

♤Season 8, Episode 7♤

Angela laughs, Mark picking her up by wrapping his arms and around her waist and spinning her around.

They get back into practice as Alex runs into the outfield to get the ball. Mark makes his way back to first base to catch the ball before throwing it to Robbins, who misses it by jumping back in fear.

"Not bad, not bad," she smirks at her boyfriend.

"You like that?"

"I said not bad, don't get a big head," she smiles, kissing him.

They faintly hear Derek call out to them, "Sloan. Karev. Hey, focus. Hello?"

Pulling a part, Angela focuses back as Lexie hits one over Alex and Baileys head. Owen yells out, "Run to third, don't stop. Yang, Grey, you-you could at least stand up."

Cristina shouts back, "Hi, honey."

Everyone starts leaving, Angela is one of the last off the field but can't help making a comment, "You know, I wouldn't look so smug. You may be better ball players, but you're still crap surgeons. All your patients come to Seattle Grace cause they know we save lives. What was your death rate last year? 13.4%? Maybe you should spend less time on the field and more time studying to save lives."

♤♤♤♤

Back in her scrubs, Angela leads Cristina to their patient, "You said it was something great. Is it a transplant? Oh, is it a heterotopic transplant?"

"No.

"But you said great. Is it-is it big?" Cristina keeps asking.

Opening the door, Angela chuckles, "Well, it'll probably take you all morning. Mr. Felker, this is Dr. Yang. And she will be performing your angioplasty."

He smiles at her, "Nice to meet you."

Cristina and Angela face each other, whispering, "Any first year can do this. I thought I was gonna be working on a heart."

"We've talked about this. Cardio surgery isn't all the big, special, amazing surgeries. It's also things like preventing people like Mr. Felker her from having a heart attack," Angela smiles, knowing how this will end.

"I mean, I thought I was gonna be working on a heart in the OR," Cristina clarifies.

"Hey," Mr. Felker gets their attention, "Is someone gonna roto-rooter my veins out?"

Angela hands Cristina the chart, "Yes, Dr. Yang was about to get started."

♤♤♤♤

Smiling, Angela makes her way to check up on a postpartum mother for Grey. Finishing the check up, she and Grey go outside the room to talk, "It could be postpartum cardiomyopathy. I'll transfer her to telemetry."

"Okay. Hey, Dr. Karev. Why is Cristina doing an angioplasty?" Grey questions her.

"Excuse me?"

"I was just wondering, and I know she was, too. Is-is this all going somewhere? I mean, I know it's none of my business, but-" Grey keeps talking.

Angela cuts her off, "You're right. Look, as a first year, you do an angio to learn a technical skill, as a fifth years, it's about learning respect. Respect for the heart disease that Yang will see for the rest of her career. It starts right there in the artery. To understand the end, you have to go back to the beginning," she goes to walk away before turning around, "Oh, one more thing. If you ever question how I run my service again, we'll have problems."

♤♤♤♤

"What? Is there a party in here and I wasn't invited?" Angela asks, walking into the conference room with a jersey being tossed at her face.

Mark smirks, kissing her forehead, "We all know you're the actual party."

Owen rolls his eyes at the couple, "Karev, you're second."

"Sweet."

"You, are going to look amazing in that," Mark whispers in her ear, causing her to giggle.

"I always look amazing," she smiles, turning around to face him.

"True."

He leans down and kisses her, both of them missing Little Grey's eyes on them.

♤♤♤♤

Tying a mask on, Angela quickly enters the OR, "What do we have?"

Cristina fills her in as her and April work on the patient, "A thoracic aortic dissection. Uh, Kepner excised the defect and he's going to need a graft."

Angela nods, "Okay, I'll be scrubbed and ready to go, but you're running it. Yang. Torres, can you move out?"

"Can you work around me? Uh, I mean, I'd- I'll move if I have to, but-"

"Stay. We'll work around you," she goes to scrub before turning around hoping her lessons had sunk in, "Yang, why didn't you just start the graft?"

"I didn't need to. Kepner had it."

Angela shares a smile with Callie, "Okay. Start the graft."

♤♤♤♤

After closing up, Angela can't help but question Yang a little more, "Why didn't you just start the graft yourself? Why'd you wait?"

"Is this a trick question?"

She shakes her head, "No, I'm asking a genuine question."

Yang sighs, "Oh, come on. Now I'm in trouble for waiting for you? You would've ripped me a new one if I did it myself."

Angela smiles, pointing at Kepner, "When I first got here, you would've bodycheckd Kepner in order to get into this guy's chest, and now you let her just do the surgery? And it's not like Grey or anyone you really like."

"Uh, yes, I could've done it myself, but she had."

"Good. Now, let's clear out of Dr. Torres' way before she bodychecks us," Angela jokes, earning a nod of appreciation from Callie.

Going into the scrub room, Yang throws her mask off, "I give up. I have no idea what you're trying to do. I am in trouble if I cut. I'm in trouble if I don't cut. I'm a fifth year who does the work of an intern. What do you want?"

She smiles, chuckling, "I wanted you to not have to cut. Now, I want you to make a list."

Cristina scoffs, laughing, "Okay, where, uh, on a blackboard? I will not do any surgeries without a safety helmet. Hmm?"

"Don't get sassy with me or this offer goes out the window. I want you to make a list of every surgery you have ever dreamed of performing. Shoot for the moon, and I'll try my best to get you some. Because you've graduated, and this is your present," Angela shares, proudly smiling.

"You're messing with me."

"Yang, when I first got here, you nearly killed my brother in that OR. Not because you hated him, but because you couldn't wait to get in there, had to be the first and the best. Today, I saw a controlled surgeon. One who knew what had to be done and trusted the people she was working with. You are every bit as good and advanced as you were, but now...now you've proven to me that the surgeon I wanted to see was in there. The surgeon who put cutting and being the best after the patient. You're done. Make your list," Angela smiles, leaving the room.

♤♤♤♤

Sitting on the bench, Angela cheers for Derek as he's up to bat. She watches as the center fielder catches it.

"All right, all right. Let's get out there and get it back. We can do it," Owen coaches.

"We're screwed, he should just call it!"

"The new chiefs got something to prove."

Angela makes her way to second, shoving Mark on his way to first. She watches as Teddy throws ball after ball, "Come on, T!"

Finally, a ball is hit and Angela divess for it, but it goes past her. Bailey tosses her the ball as she throws it back to Teddy.

The next ball is hit towards Grey and Yang but Bailey manages to catch it, making Angela cheer, "Woo!"

"Time-out!" Webber yells as Bailey and Grey start arguing in the outfield.

Looking down at her jersey, Angela pouts at Mark, "I'm all dirty."

"I like you dirty," he flirts, kissing her.

"Play ball!" They hear Webber yell, separating but Mark gets one slap on the ass before she gets back into position.

"Seriously," she hears Alex's voice behind her, "Thats my sister."

Mark smirks back at him, "And my girlfriend."

As the next batter hits a home run. She watches as Seattle Pres' coach taunts Owen. Henry and Owen make their way to Teddy and talk a little before she turns to Angela, "A, tell them I can do this."

"Go drink a beer for me, T," Angela says instead.

"Time-out. Time-out. Everybody-" Owen calls out, the team gathering.

"You just took a time-out," the other coach yells.

Angela holds her hands up at him, "Hey! This isn't the major leagues. If you want to play so bad, quit being a surgeon," she turns to Alex and whispers, "Not that it would make that much of a difference."

Alex snorts but covers it up with a cough as Owen starts his big speech, "I just want to say how proud I am of all of you. You are an incredible team. I've watched you work together, uh, solve problems together. I watched you teach each other and learn from each other. You...step up when you need to and you...you do more than anyone asks you to do. You're the finest team I've ever been apart of."

Mark snorts, "Oh, my god."

Derek joins him, "What are you talking about?"

Callie shakes her head, "You don't think we actually have a shot at winning this."

"What, this? This? No, no, no, we're screwed. You are all horrible at softball. But as doctors, you're pretty great, and I am proud just to get to lead you, and you're all here, so I just...I just wanted to tell you. But now... now we're going down. So what do you say we go down fighting?"

They all put their fists in, "Go, team!"

Heading back to their spots, Lexie takes pitcher and pitches a nice warm up one. The runner on first, who has been flirting with Mark the entire game despite him obviously being with Angela, yells, "No arm! No arm! This is your relief pitcher? Hey, my grandma's not busy. She can pitch better than that."

All of a sudden, she sees Lexie wind back and throw it right at the woman's book. Both teams race out as Lexie defends herself, "What? I thought she was stealing second."

Angela nods, "I saw it too."

Both teams start arguing as Angela laughs.

♤♤♤♤

Back at the apartment, Angela pours Mark a glass of whiskey and herself some wine, "I gotta admit, Lexie throwing that ball was the highlight of my day. And I had a break through with Yang."

Mark shakes his head, pulling her into his lap, "I don't understand what was going through her head. She was all bark no bite."

"Please. She was flirting with you the entire game."

"No, she wasn't. I know flirting," Mark scoffs, resting his head on her shoulder.

"As a previous man-whore, you sure miss obvious flirting," she jokes, getting up to put their glasses away.

He rolls his eyes, "Maybe. But I sure picked up a few tricks," he wraps his arms around her waist, kissing up her neck.

Angela sighs, leaning her head back against his shoulder, "You might need to show me."

Mark smirks, picking her up bridal style and carrying her to the bedroom, kicking the door shut behind them.

♤♤♤♤

AN: I couldn't leave out Lexie throwing the ball at Julia. It's iconic.

It's gonna hurt at the end of the season to end this relationship, but it will be necessary for the next part of her story.

QoC: are you enjoying Angela's storyline?

Thanks for all of the votes and comments and reads!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 840 61
seattle, washington has always been the home to alison thomas who happened to be the chief of orthopaedic surgery and is also an fellow neurosurge...
24.8K 698 32
"But he's Evil Spawn." "Don't you think I know that. I didn't wake up one day and suddenly decide I was going to be in love with Alex Karev." Being t...
141K 3.9K 51
Meredith Grey has never had a real mother. She's never relied on another person and learnt that letting people in only gets you hurt. Will she be abl...
2M 46.2K 197
Being the youngest of 6 kids isn't easy, its especially harder having them all be doctors. Ivy Shepherd is in her 3rd year of residency when her hosp...