A Million More To Go

Por justanotherwriter234

SEQUEL TO THE NEW RECRUIT!! Marriage can be tricky and there will be tough days but within all of those ups... Más

Chapter One: The One with The Peaches
Chapter Two: The One with The Baseball Bat
Chapter Three: The One with The Birthday Cake
Chapter Four: The One with The Consequences
Chapter Five: The One with The Letter
Chapter Six: The One with The Big Question
Chapter Seven: The One with The Bar
Chapter Eight: The One with The Phone Call
Chapter Nine: The One with The Whiskey Bottle
Chapter Ten: The One with The Roadside Diner
Chapter Eleven: The One with The Tying of The Knot
Chapter Thirteen: The One with The Red Carnations

Chapter Twelve: The One with The Heatwave

3K 113 109
Por justanotherwriter234

A/N: IT'S GREYS/19 DAY!!! Thank you all so much for the suggestions on the last chapter - I have tried to incorporate some of them in here so I hope you enjoy! This was was really fun to write!

It also fits in quote nicely with the heatwave episode from last week which was sort of unintentional but worked out really well! What an amazing episode!!

Chapter Twelve:

"Let's get these flames under control!" Maya yelled out. "I want updates!" She radioed.

"Fire is still strong on the Alpha side Captain - hose lines are being carried through as we speak," Andy's voice reported back.

"Copy that Herrera! Miller, Montgomery, Gibson - how is the Charlie-delta side?"

"Not good - we have multiple critical injuries but it's not safe to transport anyone through this!" Gibson replied.

The crew were currently at a port fire, one of the ferry boats had run a technical issue and jammed the brakes causing it to come crashing into a, thankful empty, boat as well as the dock itself.

The fire was raging and it was one the most dangerous fires that Maya had seen in a while - it was currently at a four alarm, and she had no doubt it would move to a five - Battalion Chief Sullivan was already on his way to assist while Maya was currently the Captain in charge with Captain Andrews from Station 10, and Captain Jones of Station 23 along side her.

"How are those flames looking?" Maya asked, jogging over to Jones who's station was in control of running the lines and getting the fire under control that seemed to be coming from everywhere.

"Not good - we're putting everything on it but it's still raging strong Captain!" Jones replied.

"Keep at it - we need to get those victims out, we have multiple critical injuries and they can't get out safely."

"Copy that."

Maya continued walking around the scene, continuing to gather updates from every aspect of the scene. Her mind felt like it was at its peak - it was in these moments where she thrived. She did well under pressure and it was where she was at her best - but she needed a breakthrough. She needed something to shift so she could get these people out, because right now, every time they were close they hit another roadblock.

"Deluca, Warren - how are we doing in triage"? They had managed to rescue some of the front crew, and some passengers who had been at the bow of the boat when the crash had happened.

"The most critical have been sent to Grey Sloan, DeLuca is currently stitching up a man's stomach from a injury and we've attended to all of the burns that had been sustained so far. We have aid cars on call at the hospital is ready for a high inflow of patients as soon as we are ready," Warren replied.

"That's good - thank you Warren - I'll keep you both updated on any changes."

"Copy that Captain."

As soon as Maya released her radio, an additional set of blue and red lights illuminated the dark air.

"Chief," Maya nodded.

"Walk me through it Bishop," Sullivan said, strapping on his helmet as they walked.

"We have Station 10 on hoses, the fire is still going strong - it's volatile with the boat's engine but we are keeping water on it to limit the chances of it exploding but I don't know how long we had before it gets too hot. 19 are on search and rescue, Miller, Gibson and Montgomery are at the Charlie-Delta side with multiple critical injuries but we don't have a safe enough pathway to get them all out. Herrera and Hughes are assisting with 23 on the internal hose lines and are trying to clear a path but are still negative on results.

The PRT is stable - triage is happening and they have aid cars on stand by and Grey Sloan have been informed of a critical situation and are prepared," Maya reported without any hesitation.

"What about the fire boats?"

"Having some sort of issue with them and they can't get them out right now. They said it would around thirty minutes and we don't have that sort of time."

"How many victims do you currently have in that boat?"

"Eighteen sir."

"Okay, I want you to go in an assist - I need everyone's effort here - try and find a way to get those people out!"

"Copy that Chief!" Maya nodded, running to the engine to ditch some of her gear and replace it with an oxygen tank and her mask - as she was suiting up she turned her radio on.

"Carina!"

Carina had just finished stitching up her patient when she heard her name over the radio. In a professional capacity Maya always referred to her as DeLuca so hearing her say her name, she knew something serious was happening.

"Maya - what's happening?" She asked, quickly.

"I'm going in - this fire is getting out of control and we have eighteen more victims in there that we need to get out. I love you okay?"

"I love you too bambina - make sure you come out of there alive!" She said, pushing away the tears that fell from her eyes.

She knew Maya could be put into situations where she would have to go into fires, but they were rare so her worry of her wife, while always circling her mind when the were at a scene, only appeared at their strongest every so often.

The last time she had felt this worried had been almost five years ago at that restaurant/apartment fire and that had needed in Maya being at the hospital with a piece of wood lodged in her stomach so she was seriously praying that she could have her wife come back to her, without a trip to the hospital.

Once Maya was geared up, she tightened the straps of her oxygen tank and ran over to the burning vessel.

"Herrera I'm entering in on the alpha side," Maya called in.

"Copy that Captain."

Maya passed the hose line sand stepped into the blaze, instantly feeling the suffocating heat hit her body.

"What's going on Herrera?" Maya asked, as she joined up with her lieutenant and Hughes.

"Flames are still hitting us from all sides - water is concentrated on the engine and making a path to get to the back of the boat."

"Okay - I'm going through," Maya replied. Her turnout gear protected her from the fire which is why she was able to cross the 'fire line' but it was too risky for any civilians to cross.

As Maya made her way to the stern she made sure to be careful, already seeing the structure continuing to weaken as the sparks danced around the air, the smoke was thick and black but with ventilation being very complicated she knew that something had to change and it had to happen fast - this boat wouldn't last much longer if it didn't.

She finally found her way to the back of the boat where she saw the eighteen victims and the rest of her crew.

"How are we doing in here?" She asked.

"We need a way out of here Captain," Montgomery said, his breathing laboured as his oxygen mask had already been given out to the people on the boat.

"I know - we are working on it," Maya promised. She looked around the room and tried to find a way out - she couldn't break any of the windows or doors due to the risk of a flashover, plus she could already see that the door was jammed and hitting it wouldn't make any difference to their situation.

She raced through her mind trying to find a solution, mentally blazing through every single textbook she'd read on fire, every single article, every single report, every single conference she'd been to. No one knew fire like she did, she studied it and she knew it inside and out - she refused to let this one get the better of her.

She closed her eyes and envisioned the boat from all angles, a diagram forming in her brain - the alpha side was a no go - she'd barely made it through herself, the Charlie side was blocked off and was where she was now and the delta side was compromised from the crash caused by the other vessel the boat had hit - but the beta side was free. The beta side was surrounded by water, the beta side could be ventilated....

"Chief - why don't we put the ladder over the water and make a cut on the side of the boat?" Maya suggested.

"Horizontal ventilation?"

"Yeah - it's not safe to go from above but if we go from the beta side I think we may have a shot - we don't have enough air in here to last much longer. We have multiple injuries and we can't sustain them for any longer," Maya continued.

"Let's do it," Sullivan agreed.

Five minutes later, Sullivan had the crew from Station 10 out on the ladder truck suspended over the open water, cutting a horizontal ventilation strip through the boat.

"ETA Chief?" Maya asked.

"Forty seconds," Sullivan replied.

As he promised forty seconds later smoke began billowing out of the now open hole, clearing the air from all the smoke.

"We have access - fire has held back enough for you to make it through," Herrera then radioed and just as Maya had hoped, everything had fallen into place.

"Let's get these people out of here!" Maya called.

________________________

Hours later the crew were finally back at the Station with not long left until the end of the shift with everyone's minds on their day at beach which was to come later in the day.

The team were all either showing or catching up on some well deserved sleep when Maya walked into the beanery to grab a glass of water when she stopped short, an amused yet confused smile on her face.

"You know we have chairs?" Maya laughed, seeing her wife laying down like a starfish on the floor between the kitchen and the island.

"Sì, but the floors are so cold and it's so hot!" Carina complained, lifting her neck showing the blonde the ice-pack that she'd been resting on.

"Aren't you used to hot weather?" She asked.

"My body has re-regulated," She groaned. "Now I'm accustomed this awful Seattle weather and now I'm dying of heat!"

"I'm glad I married someone who isn't dramatic," Maya smirked, receiving a slap to her ankle.

Maya looked down and saw the scowl on the brunette's face. "Just kidding," she smiled.

"That's what I thought," Carina huffed.

"Well if you think it's hot in here then the beach will be another level," she pointed out.

"Yeah but its the beach so it doesn't count," Carina replied.

Maya just blinked trying to understand what her wife was going on, but nodded anyway. "Right - make sure you hydrate. Shift ends in thirty," Maya said, kneeling down on her ground to give her a kiss.

"Hey!" Vic cried, as she walked in. "Why are you on the floor? Why is she on the floor?" She asked both women.

"She's being dramatic"

"I'm hot."

Vic just laughed at both of their responses.

"Are we okay now Vic?" Carina asked, lifting herself off the ground.

"What do you mean?" Vic asked confused.

"You've been avoiding me, and have been acting strange," she explained.

Maya just tried to hide her laugh as she realised what was happening and how Carina was still unaware of the relationship between her friend and her brother.

"I don't know what you mean. I think the heat is making you delusional," Vic said, before contradicting her own statement and running out of the beanery.

"On that note - I have to write up some reports. See you in a bit," Maya smiled, before leaving her wife back on the floor.

A few hours later...

"Have you got everything?!" Carina yelled down the stairs and she made sure she had her own collection of things packed in her bag.

"Yeah! Just packing up the stuff for the BBQ now!" Maya yelled back, from her place at the fridge. She'd made sure that they'd bought everything they'd need a few days ago knowing how chaotic their lives could be and their tendency to be in a rush despite Maya's desire for punctuality.

Carina came running down the stairs, dressed in a pair of white shorts and a red bikini - an open, but loose beige shirt covering her shoulders and a pair of sunglasses in her hair.

"You look beautiful," Maya smiled seeing her wife in the reflection of the mirror.

"Grazie, as do you bella," Carina winked, seeing the blonde in a black bikini, black shorts and a striped shirt, similar to her own.

"Ready?" She asked, zipping up the bag of food and closing the fridge.

"Sì, we are already late so let's go!" Carina said, walking out the front door, Maya close behind.

They packed up the car and then got in, Maya driving and just as she turned the engine Carina spoke up. "Are sure we have everything?"

'Yep - I double checked - all good," Maya continued, reversing out of the drive when she slammed on the brakes. "We forgot the dog," she sighed.

_________________________

"Ah there they are!" Andy cried, seeing the trio walk towards them, Enzo running as Maya and Carina walked hand in hand.

"Hey everyone!" Maya waved, seeing Andy, Robert and Matteo, Dean and Pru, Travis, Emmett and Neo, Warren, Jack and Vic all sat down in a circle a few beers spread out between them.

"You better not be late because you had sex!" Travis laughed.

"No - we forgot the dog," Maya admitted.

"Uhm no. You forgot the dog. I asked if you had everything and you told me you did, repeatedly," Carina argued.

"He's your dog too! You re just as much responsible as me!"

"Okay - whatever," Carina sighed, before joining in the laughter with their friends.

Dean handed them both over two beers as they sat down on the sand and unraveled their towels.

"Ne vuoi un po?" Maya asked, holding up some sunscreen. [Do you want some?]

Carina nodded and shrugged her shirt off, leaving her in her bikini as she tied her hair back.

Maya squired some on her hands and then kneeled behind her and began rubbing over her back, receiving a low moan from her wife as she massaged her tired muscles.

"Va Bene?" Maya whispered.

"Molto bene," Carina replied as she felt the tension alleviate from her back.

"Get a room!" Travis yelled, throwing a towel at them.

"Why would I when I have a whole beach?" Maya teased in response.

"Plus don't think I didn't catch you and Emmett the other day outside the station."

"We're newly weds!" Emmett protested.

"Leave them be bambina," Carina laughed, resting down on the towel as she soaked up the sun.

Everyone began to settle down, the parents all playing with Matteo and Pru as they built sandcastles while Neo and Enzo splashed around in the sea.

Carina was reading her book while Maya was having a nap, her body still exhausted from their call earlier - a sentiment that seemed to be shared by some of the others as Vic, Travis and Andy were all fast asleep to.

"So how's married life?" Carina asked Emmett, setting aide her book.

"It's incredible," he grinned. "I didn't think I could love him anymore than I already do but when you are married I don't know...it just feels deeper?"

"I felt that too - like the love is permanently apart of you now?"

"Exactly," he grinned. "It feels special and the honeymoon phase truly is better than anyone ever tells you," he laughed.

"Oh it definitely is," Carina joined in.

"Hmm what are you two talking about?" Maya asked, stirring from her nap.

"Hey bambina," Carina whispered, gently stroking her cheek as she watched the blonde wake up.

"Hey," Maya smiled, resting her hand on Carina's.

"Honeymoon phase," Emmett supplied, passing her a bottle of water as everyone else began to wake up.

"Oh it's the best," Maya laughed.

"Tell me about it," Emmett grinned, looking at Travis.

Maya took a well-needed sip of water, the sun beating down on them as they all basked in a day full of relaxation. She took one final sip when she spat half of it out and began to cough - causing everyone to look at her.

"Maya?" Carina questioned, immediately at her side. "What's wrong?"

Maya didn't respond but when Carina turned around and saw what her wife was looking at she understood her reaction.

"Andrea!" She yelled. "What are you doing here?"

As much as she loved her brother, she knew she hadn't invited him and was unsure of why he was currently stood in front of the whole team. Maya's cough turned into choked laughs as she tried to hide her reaction, but she wasn't doing well especially when she saw the equally surprised look on Vic's face who realised that their 'secret' relationship was about to become a not so 'secret' relationship.

"Well I wanted to surprise you, and maybe tell everyone?"

Carina was confused at first thinking his words were directed at her but she saw his gaze on Vic - everything began to click.

"Wait - are you? Are you two together - as in you're dating?!" Carina cried.

Andrea and Vic shared a look. "Yeah, we are," Andrea replied cautiously, watching his sister's movements.

"I can't believe you!!" She yelled before springing up form the ground and chasing him. As soon as he saw his sister move he took of running, dropping his belongings to the ground and sprinting across the sand, although Carina was not far behind him.

The rest of the crew just watched in shock.

"Uhm Bishop - do you want to deal with that?" Andy asked, seeing the DeLuca siblings chase one another on the beach.

"Oh crap - yeah!" Maya said, jumping out of her shock. "This is your problem too now Hughes," she added, grabbing Vic by the arm and dragging her along as they chased after the Italians, thankful that they were both very quick.

"You slept with my friend!" Carina yelled out as she continued running after her brother.

"We are together so you can't blame me!"

"Oh I can blame you alright!"

Maya and Vic managed to catch up, the blonde grabbing her wife by the waist and spinning them around so she was between the two, Vic behind Carina.

"I can't believe you! And you said I slept with all your friends!!" She protested.

"You did!" Andrea argued, trying to catch his breath.

"Okay you two - lets all calm down. It's not that bad Carina - your brother is crazy about Vic. Trust me he doesn't shut up about her actually," she smiled, not realising she'd just dug herself her own grave.

"You knew!!" Carina yelled.

"Oh shit!" Maya winced.

"In their defence - when you see a car accident and are forced to help by literally holding someone intestines in a bag and avoid being blown up by a car you spill your guts to people," Vic interjected, while both Maya and Andrea mentally facepalmed themselves.

"I told her before the accident actually," he corrected.

"Car accident!!" Carina said, her face twisting into anger as she stared at her brother and wife. "I'm going to kill you both!" She yelled as Maya and Andrea both took off running in the opposite direction, not wanting an ever more angry Italian on either of their backs.

Vic just slapped her hands on her thighs. "These DeLucas I swear," she sighed before she took off running to go and catch up with them.

Maya and Andrea stopped by their friends, all of which had amused smiles on their faces having watched the entire ordeal from the seats on the sand.

"She is scary when she is mad," Andy laughed.

"Tell me about it," both Maya and Andrea replied.

Carina finally caught up to them, Vic not far behind.

"You two are in trouble when we get home. How could you not tell me about a car accident?!" She cried, her hands on her hips.

"Because we knew you'd react like this!"

Carina rolled her eyes, but didn't reply because she knew it was true, a fact she'd evidently just displayed.

"So this is why you've been avoiding me Vic," Carina said, turning to face the other woman.

"Maybe..." She winced, sitting down next to Andrea. "I'm sorry we didn't tell anyone we just wanted to keep it quiet."

"Plus avoid the teasing," Andrea added, before glaring at his sister-in-law. "Although I think Maya did enough for everyone."

"You just made it so easy," She laughed.

"I still can't believe you didn't tell me!" Carina said, settling down into Maya's arms.

"I was bound to secrecy, and I wanted to wait to see your reaction when you found out yourself and you didn't disappoint," she chuckled, narrowly avoiding getting hit in the arm.

"I'm happy for you guys!" Travis smiled. "But I agree with Carina I am annoyed I wasn't informed. I am now expecting all the details."

"Oh one-hundred percent," Vic laughed, winking at her best-friend.

"Let's toast and then get this BBQ on - I am starving," Dean said, holding up his beer. "To Andrea and Vic!"

"To Andrea and Vic!" The team all cried.

"These peaches are so good," Andy said, reaching for another one of Maya's signature dessert.

"Will you ever give us the recipe?" Robert asked, Matteo happily playing with Enzo beside him.

"Nope," Maya smirked. "And don't try looking for it online it won't be the same."

"So how long have you and Vic been together?" Emmett asked Andrea.

"Three months or so," he answered, Vic leaning on his shoulder as she ate her burger.

"You look good together," he smiled. "I'm happy for you both."

"Thanks," they both replied, smiles on their faces.

"I mean this wasn't exactly the way I thought you would all find out but I guess it worked out pretty well," Vic said, not having expected her boyfriend to turn up to the team BBQ.

"It was an impulse thing - I realised everyone would find out sooner or later and I didn't want to have to hide anything from Carina anymore, and I know you wanted to tell everyone," he said, looking at Vic who nodded in agreement.

"Well, the family is getting closer and closer everyday," Maya joked, making the team laugh. "But this still means I will tease you, don't think by showing up and announcing everything you are off the hook."

"Didn't think it would," Andrea grinned.

"Do you guys want to play a game after we've eaten?" Warren asked, holding up a soccer ball he'd brought with him.

The team all shared a collective competitive look.

"I'm in!" Jack instantly agreed.

"Yep!"

"Who's picking teams?!"

The question sparked a large debate between the team - Jack and Dean claiming they had played soccer in highschool while Maya protested saying she was the most athletic of them all and therefore she should get to pick. Carina and Andrea also made their claims of being Italian therefore football was in their blood, both refusing to name it 'soccer'.

Ten minutes later it had been decided that Maya and Andy would be team captains. The two best friends ready for an intense competition. A small "pitch" had been set up, which mainly consisted of four towels being scrunched up into balls to act as corner flags and then four bags being used as goal posts which would have to make do for now. The two captains stood infront of everyone and tossed a coin to see who would pick first.

Much to her delight Maya won the toss. She looked down the line of her team and strategised who would be best for her team....clearly forgetting one very vital factor. Her wife. Because when she made her first pick of having Andrea a chorus of gasps and stifled laughs erupted from everyone. Maya was confused at first but when she saw the disbelief on the brunette's face she knew she was in for it.

And to make matters even worse Andy decided to pick Carina just for the amusement it would bring for everyone. Maya then picked Sullivan knowing he had a very athletic background, Andy then picked Hughes, Maya chose Jack, Andy selected Warren, Maya picked Emmett, Andy Travis and then Dean decided he wanted to ref the game as well as keep an eye on Pru and Matteo.

So the teams were

Maya, Andrew, Sullivan, Jack and Emmett

Andy, Carina, Hughes, Warren, Travis

Without them even realising it had turned into a game of couple versus couple - which now meant there was more than just winning on the line, there were bragging rights too.

The each split off to either end of their makeshift pitch, decided positions and then set up - game faces on, taking no prisoners.

"Ready?" Dean asked standing in the middle of the pitch, the ball in his hands. Andy and Maya gave a nod and then Dean threw the ball in the air.

Let the game begin.

Maya's team - quickly took possession of the ball, passing it between them when Maya began dribbling it down the left hand side, dragging it past Travis but coming face to face with her wife.

"You don't want to do this," She teased, though deadly serious.

"Oh don't think of yourself too highly," Carina quipped back, watching Maya's every move as she moved it between her feet.

"Oh shit what is that!" Maya cried, looking past Carina who instantly turned around. Maya hysterically laughed and sprinted off leaving Carina still standing - her wife having gotten the better of her.

Maya easily cut into the middle of the pitch before knocking past the bags and scoring a goal.

"Woo!!!" She cheered, making sure to run a circle or two around the very annoyed looking brunette.

The second goal was scored by Andy who, between a well placed pass by Vic and an assist from Montgomery led her to smash it past a defeated Jack who dived the wrong way.

By half time it was 1-1 and they were all sweltering, but wanted to continue playing because as everyone knew at 19. Drawing was not an option, especially after their competition of chicken at Maya and Carina's BBQ almost eleven months ago.

"You ready to lose Bishop?" Carina asked, chugging half a bottle of water.

"Please! I don't lose," Maya replied with a smug look.

"We will see about that - you'll be eating your words in twenty minutes time," Carina said - determined to beat her wife, because while she had beaten her in games of pool she was still trying to become the champion at 19, and still after five years that had yet to happen for longer than a period of a week. She needed to have this to hold over the blonde.

The second half began with a bang - with Maya inches away from scoring only for her shot to be blocked by Warren, followed by Vic nut-megging Andrea but to be quickly tackled by Sullivan right after. It had been a lot of back and forth - no one really making any headway until Emmett's attempt had been knocked out for a corner.

Everyone gravitated towards the goal, Maya's team ultra focused on the task at hand, while Carina suddenly had an idea.

She stood directly behind her wife and slowly drew her hand around her waist, her fingers trailing her exposed stomach, instantly feeling her stomach muscles contract at the sudden intrusion.

"What are you doing?" Maya asked suspiciously.

"Nothing - what are you doing?" Carina returned, continuing her ministrations.

"Winning," Maya replied.

"Hmm we'll see about that," Carina whispered into the shell of Maya's ear.

Maya knew exactly what her wife was up to, but she wasn't the only one with tricks up her sleeve.

"Hey ref! Maya cried. "Inappropriate touching!" She yelled, gesturing to Carina's hand around her waist.

Everyone, including Carina's own team laughed at the banter between but when Dean pulled out an orange coloured rock from his pocket they were gasping her air as they were bent over laughing.

"Yellow card," He called, holding the rock upwards.

Carina was so shocked, her jaw dropped. "Yellow card! Are you serious?!"

"No cheating!" Maya replied, a pleased look plastered across her face.

"That's it! No sex for a week," Carina declared.

"Fine by me," Maya shrugged. "Winning this game will give a high long enough to last."

Carina just huffed and rolled her eyes, glaring at her brother who was still laughing at her. Sure all the other couples were competitive in their own right but Maya and Carina were on a different level.

Jack stepped up to the ball and looked at his team all jostling around in front of the goal. He gave a short run and then kicked, the ball looped nicely over everyone's head before landing on Sullivan's who pushed it to the side and watched it bounce over the line.

The whole team cheering and jumping around as Sullivan rubbed his goal in his wife's face - who, now like Carina, was out for revenge.

The ball went back to the centre, the score now 2-1, Warren kicked it from the middle back to Andy who moved it around the midfield, passing it to Carina who ended up in a stand-off with her brother - no matter where she went he blocked her off.

"Andrea!" She said, her brows raising.

"You may be my older sister but I am not letting you by just so you can beat Maya. If you haven't forgotten my girlfriend is on your team and I refuse to lose to her," he explained.

"Shame," Carina replied, while Andrea had been talking she'd seen Vic make a run through the middle, cutting in from the left hand side, she knocked it to the side, not only taking her brother by surprise but the rest of teh opposing side.

It rolled just ahead of Vic who took the ball in her stride, running past Jack to kick it past into the goal.

"Goal!!" Andy's team yelled out, all of them taking it very seriously as they teased their husbands/wife/boyfriend, all of which were annoyed by their lead having been taken over.

They re-started once again this time with Maya's team having control of the ball. Andrea moved it around the defense before passing it to Jack, making small triangles with their movements until they saw Maya open in the midfield. Jack passed it through and they watched as she came face to face, again, with her wife.

"We meet again," Maya laughed, faking a pass, making Carina flinch.

"I think you will find it will end in a different result," Carina replied, making Maya chuckle.

"Sure, sure," She nodded.

Maya quickly stepped over the ball before dragging left and then hitting with the outside of her foot, however Carina was prepared this time and easily followed Maya's movements running on the outside of her, what she wasn't prepared for was Maya's shoulder connecting with hers and knocking her to the ground.

Maya stifled a laugh as did Andrea seeing the brunette on the ground covered in sand. She pushed through the rest of the opposing team, turning around Andy and quickly passing it to Emmett who was in a good position a few yards away from the goal.

"Shoot!" All of Maya's team yelled, the final moments of the game in Emmett's hand, or well, feet.

He kicked and everyone watched as it flew past Vic who was the last defender and past Travis who had been manning the goal, cheering as it crossed the line.

Just as Maya was going to celebrate, someone jumped on her back and took her to ground, taking her by total surprise.

She managed to twist in the sand and land on her back, laughing as she saw her wife very angry face above her.

"What on earth was that?!" Carina asked, straddling Maya's stomach.

"Strength," Maya grinned, putting her hands behind her head. "You can do that in soccer, as long as you don't use your actual arm to push someone over."

"I know that. Why did you do it?!" Carina exclaimed, sand still coating her body.

"You were in the way," Maya said nonchalantly. "My team had a goal to score."

Carina just shook her head with a sigh, before dusting herself off and helping them both of the ground. She was annoyed that they's lost, especially because it wasn't just Maya, but her brother also. They walked back over to where all their towels were, Maya and her team basking in victory.

"Winning just feels so sweet," Maya grinned, knowing she was winding Carina up.

"So does sleeping on the sofa," Carina shot back, only making Maya laugh more because Carina wasn't serious, just highly competitive and a bad loser.

Over the next hour or so they all settled back down, their bodies tired from their shift and now the game they'd played in the million degree heat.

They'd set up a bonfire and were all sitting around the flames, both Enzo and Neo curled up fast asleep, exhausted from their day of running up and down the beach, as were Pru and Matteo.

Carina was snuggled into Maya's side, reminded of the time they went on at the camping trip - oh how far they had all come from that moment.

"Did you have fun today?" Maya asked, her fingers trailing up and down Carina's arm.

"Sì, even if you pushed me over," Carina replied making Maya laugh.

"You tackled me to the ground," she pointed out.

"You deserved it," Carina grinned, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hmm I guess you're right," Maya smiled.

Over the flicker of the flames, a warm glow hitting all of their faces and bouncing off their beer bottles, Maya's eyes caught Andy's and she nodded her head to the side.

"Hey, I'm just going to talk with Andy," Maya said, placing her hand on Carina's jaw and gently turning up to meet her face. "I love you," she whispered, giving her a sweet, yet soft kiss.

"Ti amo," Carina smiled, her eyes still closed form their kiss, a small smile forming on her lips.

Maya and Andy began to walk away from the bonfire and went along the shore line, the cold sea just touching their feet, although it was a nice contrast from the heat they'd been in front of just moments ago.

"So, what's up?" Andy asked, wondering why her friend had pulled her aside.

"I need to talk to you about something," Maya said, tuning to face her friend.

A/N: Thank you so much for reading!! I hope you enjoyed!!

Penultimate chapter - next week is the final one!! This has been such an amazing journey and I have loved every single moment! Thank you all for being here and joining me!!

Enjoy the episodes!

See you next time!!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2K 50 19
A Marina storyline
90.7K 2.3K 14
An opening on the PRT means a new member will join the Station 19 crew; but when the new recruit catches the eye of Captain Bishop can you really mix...
52.2K 983 42
Stories written based on episodes of Station 19, focusing on Maya and Carina's relationship.
93.1K 2.5K 14
When Dr Bailey suggests Carina get a personal trainer to help with the new found stresses of her job - it isn't quite what she was expecting. Rude, a...