Sweeney Sweets

By angelicc_flowerss

When 20 year old Calliope Sweeney's recent boyfriend cheats on her the very same day she graduates from culin... More

Foreword
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
Authors Note
Announcement
Lovers Lessons (Final Blurb)

Chapter 5

29.4K 1K 158
By angelicc_flowerss

I'd only realized i'd left my water bottle back in the car when I got inside the building and knew that Felix was probably long gone by now, so i'd made a mental note to get it back the next time I saw him.

But for now I was staring around at the inside of this 48 story building, blatantly gawking at the modern colors of white and the occasional hues from dark to light grey everywhere, huge black screens taking some of the expanse of the walls on several sides, these screens plastered around with different images of tech gear that became 3D images after it appeared, showing the items all around.

And as I walked further and further in I realized i've seen these watches, phones, and much more around in various stores, but what made my jaw drop was when i'd realized that I even had a laptop from this very company.

Blackburns Inc.

Their logo was two little grey colored flames, one bigger than the other, the littler one sprouting out from the bigger one.

It was a pretty cool design in my opinion.

I didn't bother heading over to the front desk, instead I went over to one of the eight elevator doors, pressed a button and got in, thankfully not much people here and no one came in with me when I quickly pressed the close button and used the key my brother gave me by putting it into the circular key slot on the top of the elevator buttons.

I took it out after pressing the 44th floor and rocked on the soles of my feet as it went further up, glass doors that had gold lining on the edges, the back of me not glass and soon enough as I got higher and higher I realized I had to turn around because thats the side that would open up.

I turned around and seconds later the doors opened and I shook my head lightly.

Rich people stuff.

I walked out the door, tapping the cookies box on my legs as I walked further and further through the floor, happy that there wasn't much people on this floor except  for a few people at their desks, maybe fifteen or sixteen desks, all spaced nicely before it lead to a few offices at the far back.

Finally I got to the end and looked to the double doors, changing my direction of sight and eying the two ladies who looked at me with a raise of their trimmed and tinted brows, just then I realized that they were identical twins, which was kinda cool too.

"Hi, im Calliope, uh- Ambrose's sister." I stated as they eyed me back, actually, I think they were blatantly staring until finally the one woman said, "Sorry you just look a little like Mr Sweeney."

Well we did come out the same vagi-

"Yeah." I mumbled before clearing my throat. "I get that- sometimes." And I did, not much but enough, we weren't twins or anything, it was just evident that we were in some way related.

We had the same eye shape though, not exactly the same eye color since his hazel was somehow lighter than mine, but the rest of us was overall just as different too, he had lighter brown hair and I had darker brown hair, except that mine was obviously now dyed, but I guess your eye shape was a noticeable feature to most.

The other girl pointed the end of her pen to the double doors. "He's not here yet but you can wait in his office, he'll probably be back soon."

I nodded at them both after thanking them in which they smiled which made me feel a lot lighter.

I walked over to the doors, happy that those women weren't hostile or anything, just a little curt but it didn't matter much, they were just doing their job.

I pushed the dark doors open and as soon as I walked in I began to look around the office, one really large desk, two long couches on either side of the room as well as a few leather chairs, then there was three chairs behind the other side of his desk and one at the head where he'd obviously sit, a rug that lead to it, a large tv screen similar to the ones downstairs and an alcohol cabinet even if he rarely drank.

I hummed in approval because it was actually freaking amazing in here, walking over to the desk, dropping the cookies container onto it and my phone to the desk top beside it.

I move around, over to his leather chair, plopping down on it and sighing at just how comfortable it was.

No wonder he didn't mind coming in here at six in the damn morning everyday, usually he'd said he'd worked most Saturdays too. Hell, i'd come here on Saturday's as well if it was to come to sit on this chair.

I soon got bored and tried getting into his computer to play games or watch something for the time being but every time I typed in a password it was rejected. I especially took note of the fact that the password wasn't CalliopeSweeney nor Dylisthebestsister or Dylansweeney.

So i'd have a detailed discussion about that with him later when he came in. But now that I had nothing else to do I took my phone and began to play the only game I still had on my phone,I was seriously addicted to the game but it was fun as hell, so I didn't mind.

I took a cookie out the container, leaning back on the office chair, legs propped up on the edge of the desk, but as I was lounging about the door opened and I looked away from my phone screen and to it, wanting to joke about the computer to my brother but- it was most definitely not my brother who walked in.

Instead some guy walked in.

Lean, probably taller than my brother, thick brown curly hair, a few strands falling over his forehead, just inches away from brushing his eyebrows, a little disheveled as if he'd ran his hands through it over one hundreds times today, he had the usual white shirt and black suit over his body, except for the fact that he was beginning to angrily take the jacket off, throwing the suit jacket to a couch nearby.

I looked to it for a second but my eyes strayed back to him, to his arms, and the rest of him and I blinked.

Who was he?

Then he spoke and my lips parted at how appeasing his voice was even if he sounded absolutely pissed- or maybe it was kind of hot that way because he was pissed.

He scoffed at the papers in his hands. "If we don't do every single little thing nobody in this fucking place will, look at thi-"

His gaze moved away from down on the papers he'd been holding and reading and over to me on the chair- me instead of my brother.

His full lips fell into a flat line, his dark brows pinched together in wonder as his eyes raked over me. But I was too captivated in the color of his eyes and his perfect jawline and- well him overall- to care that he was now staring at me too.

His jaw was sharp, eyes a clear blue color, all except for the fact that in his left eye almost half the iris was the color brown meeting halfway to melt into that same color blue once again.

His heterochromia looked absolutely breathtaking.

"I like your eyes." I declared as if to clear the sudden rise of possible awkward tension in the air and I sat up on the chair, biting another piece of the cookie in hand as I looked away to my phone.

He cleared his throat.

"Thanks, who're you?"

"Calliope." Surely he knew me, he sounded quite acquainted with my brother from the way he'd stormed in here to show him something.

"Is that name supposed to be an explanation of some sort?"

I blinked away from my phone, looking up to him with a raise of my brow.

"Because I can assure you, it is not."

Uh...

"I just- I thought you'd know me." I say a little slowly.

"Why the hell would I know you?" He asked dryly or more so stated. It was rhetorical, yet I still felt obligated to answer to him, his tone awfully icy, demanding, like I was nothing more than a piece of well- nothing.

Wow.

Such a handsome face and body wasted on an absolute jerk.

I was just about to speak up again when the other door opened and I switched my gazes direction over to behind the handsome jerk of a man to see my brother.

He ran a hand through his hair exasperatedly before he looked up to me, then, he looked to the guy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.7K 1.3K 45
Emery Montgomery is no stranger to the spotlight, after all when you're the heir to the English throne, privacy isn't something you're used to. So wh...
835K 8.5K 16
Calliope's ex-boyfriend, her high school sweetheart, crash-landed back into her life like a rom-com sequel she never ordered, ready to rewrite the sc...
729K 22.9K 42
ᗯᕼᗩT'Տ ᗰᗴᗩᑎT TO ᗷᗴ ᗩᒪᗯᗩYՏ ᖴIᑎᗪՏ IT'Տ ᗯᗩY. Mature themes and strong usage of language Rank #2 Mature ( 02.11.2020) #2 Billionaire ( 06.1.2021 ) #1 o...
676K 15.2K 38
From the outside Juliet Kingston seems to have the perfect life. She has popularity, beauty and a famous dad who seemingly spoils her rotten. But nob...