FOREVER WITH HIM

By TeyanaMoon

The sequel to Alexander. Rosalie and Alexander's story continues, follow their lives as new parents and a gre... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
Important Author's Note
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

CHAPTER TEN

4.9K 235 45
By TeyanaMoon

I am officially over being pregnant. I need these children out of me.

My back hurts, it’s killing me. All I want to do is just have this constant pain gone. I would give anything to be back to normal when I didn’t have constant body aches.

Mom says it’s a part of the process but I think that this is no longer a process, I think it’s a punishment. Why does it have to be nine months?

God don’t get me wrong. I am eternally grateful for this gift but I am dying and I need relief. Give a girl a break. Please.

As I lay on a mountain of cushions while I whine about how my back hurts, my mother is making lunch, which seems to be the only good portion of this pain filled afternoon. She hangs in the kitchen with June and Nadia.

Nana took a nap about a few minutes ago. She has been sleeping quite a lot lately. I asked mom about it and she told me that it’s because of how much of a toll Alzheimer's is having on her body. Nana looks more fragile than I have ever seen her. She barely even holds a conversation for long before her mind drifts off and she has no idea who we are or where she is.

My heart breaks every single time we go through an episode with her.

“When is Xander going to be back from work?” June asks as she hands me a bowl of food. My mouth waters at the sight of the curried chicken salad with apples and raisins. It may sound disgusting but it is so delicious. I’ve been experimenting with food ever since I got pregnant and it has been a flavour filled journey. 

“He’ll be back before six, so we don’t get late.” I reply before I dig in and enjoy the food. 

We’re having dinner with Gigi and her family. It would be okay if it is going to be just us, however, Bryce and his family are also going to be present. Thankfully, my parents will also be in attendance. Gigi is the one hosting. I think she just wants us to be there because she needs a buffer. 

She needs me to calm her down if anything goes down. I pray that nothing happens, I am over thsi stupid feud. 

June and Harvey have offered to stay the night at our place to keep a watchful eye on Nana. 

I'm grateful to them for being such a huge help to us tonight.

***

The dinner is held at Bryce and Gigi’s apartment, which is basically Bryce’s old place. Gigi moved in with him after he proposed. It’s definitely more spacious than where we used to live. It may be the same building but the apartments don’t exactly look the same. That is why our rent was never the same price.

It does not even take a few minutes since their arrival before Evelyn reveals her snobby side. “I don’t understand why you don’t live in a bigger and proper place, Bryston. You know you can afford to.” she says to her son, who in turn rolls his eyes at her.

“I like it here mom.”

She scoffs, “You’re a member of the Woods family. You can’t live in such places.”

“Such places?” Mama D asks with narrowed eyes.

I pinch Lex’s thigh due to excitement as we sit on the couch watching all of this unfold. Taking a sip of my mocktail, I watch the two women stare at each other.

Before Evelynn replies, Delmonico, Gigi’s eldest brother steps in. “Can we all take a breather and just enjoy tonight. No drama please.” his gaze shifts between the two mothers.

“I won’t start anything as long as she watches herself.”

My eyes widen as I pinch Lex’s thigh again. He looks at me with a ghost of a smile on his face.

What is Mama D going to do?

The threat lingers in the air before Gigi walks into the living room and lets us know that dinner is ready. Her eyes shift between Evelynn and Diane. I can tell she senses that something is wrong.   

Gigi is a health nut just like Alexander. The table is filled with a beautiful healthy dinner that I am sure that all of us will appreciate.

I see a platter of grilled salmon and a salad bowl filled with caprese zucchini noodles amongs all the other food on the table. Lex helps me to sit down before plops next to me. My mom says grace and we all help ourselves to the food. Well...not exactly all of us since Evelyn looks skeptically at the food. Her hand hesitantly places the salmon on her plate.

“Something wrong with the food Evelyn?” Mama D ask with a quirked brow and a sassy pout on her lips.

The table falls quiet as we look at Evelyn and wait for a response. She forces a smile and shakes her head sideways.

With a collective sigh of relief and continue to enjoy our dinner.

“So Gigi do you guys have a wedding date in mind?” My mother asks.

“We’re still not sure yet but I was hoping maybe next February.”

That’s a few months from now.

“What have you gotten done already?” mom asks again.

Diane chips in and the conversation flows from the venue to the menu and the flower arrangements.

“I couldn’t have gotten this far without Xander’s help. Your contact helped a lot.” Gigi says as she beams at my husband.

Lex shrugs and shoots her a kind a smile, “No problem. I’m always here to help.”

The conversation continues to flow on the wddding arrangements until it somehow lands on what the families think of each other since now they have spent some time getting acquainted.

It starts off pretty well with Delmonico praising Bryce’s love for  Gigi. Both her brothers were skeptical at first but now they are welcoming of Bryce.

“My threat to break your kneecaps still stands. Don’t break my sister’s heart.” Richie says.

Delmonico hums in agreement. Bryce is in for a horrible beating if he even hurts one hair on Gigi’s head. The Roberts men don’t play. They took on the role of being a father figure to Gigi when their died of cancer years ago.

“I know I’m supposed to defend you here but I am with them.” Bryce’s father gestures to the brothers as he speaks to his son. “I will join in on the beating if you mess this up son. Georgiana is a wonderful woman, you’re lucky to have her.”

Bryce nods at his dad before smiling warmly at Gigi.

Evelyn pops the peaceful bubble by slipping out a very accusatory comment. “I think she’s the lucky one here.”

We all just stare at her for a moment as her words hang in the air and take a moment to explode like a bomb. “What the hell does that mean?” Mama D asks, her eyes filed with a murderous glint.

Please God, don’t let this dinner table be the scene of crime.

Our gazes toggle between the two women. “Evie stop it.” Mr. Woods says to his wife. His voice low.

Evelynn pays no mind to her husband or the begging stare that her son shoots at her. The woman simply nonchalantly leans back in her seat and speaks her mind. “Oh come on. We all know that she’s very lucky to marry into this family. We come with an advantage after all.”

We don’t need an interpreter for what she just said. She’s really insinuating that Gigi is marrying Bryce for his money. His family’s money which he will inherit when his father retires from his company.

A fork clatters loudly and aggressively upon a plate, as Gigi’s mouth hangs open in shock.

“Are you calling my daughter a gold digger?”

Evelynn smugly responds to Diane, “If the shoe fits.”

“Mother, stop this. Gigi is not like that.” Bryce says.

His mother’s gaze meets his, “Oh really? What is she bringing into this family? Is there anything of value she has?”

Bryce looks hurt. His emotions visibly displayed on his face, “She’s bringing her love for me. She’s holds my heart in her hands. That’s of great value than money or status.”

“Pffft.” Evelynn scoffs at her son’s answer.

Gigi looks mortified. My parents seem to be in shock. Everyone is just so utterly flabbergasted by what is transpiring right now.

“Money and status aren’t everything.” Lex says. His voice breaking the heavy silence.

Evelynn looks at him with a raised brow. Gosh this woman is so stuck up. I actually see why Gigi wants to punch her into next week. My hand itches to slap her on my best friend’s behalf.

“Really? How sure are you that Rosalie didn’t marry you for your money?” she asks.

“Excuse me?” I say just as my mother screams out a “What?”

How dare she?

Lex doesn’t get the chance to respond as Gigi’s words cut right through Evelynn’s self absorbed demeanor.

“You have a lot of smack for someone who was a broke theatre actress when she got married.”

An audible gasp comes from Evelynn.

Gigi doesn’t stop though, “Yes Evie, your precious Bryston told me all about your love story. You think I’m going to sit here and let you look down upon me and my best friend when you were in a worse situation than we were?” my best friend snickers, “You’re wrong. At least I have a degree and a great job - unlike you who was poorer than a stripper.”

Mama D laughs. She actually laughs, my mother shakes her head sideways as she smiles proudly at Gigi.

Oh how the tables turn. This is news to me. Fresh information I have the unfortunate pleasure of hearing at this moment.

“How dare you talk that way to me??” Evelynn seethes.

Gigi counters, “No, how dare you?”

The table suddenly erupts into a back and forth of insults. Evelynn expressing her disappointment at Bryce for sharing the details of her past with Gigi. Diane defending her daughter and applauding her for standing up for herself to the bully that is Evelynn Woods.

The noise levels rise as more words are thrown at each other. The men give up on getting the women to calm down, my parents and my husband sit quietly and watch while my children inside of me wreak havoc as if sensing the commotion and distress.

Lex holds my hand and gives it a comforting squeeze which doesn’t seem to work because all of this seems to give me a pounding headache.

“ENOUGH!” I yell into the room. Suddenly everyone becomes silent.

I cradle my belly as I stand, the twins relentlessly kick and with each kick my head pounds.

“This is ridiculous. We’re supposed to be celebrating a union not fighting over who brings what to the table.” I look at Evelynn. “I can’t believe how shallow you are. Gosh you’re so far into your own ass, you don’t even realise that you’re ruining your son’s chance at happiness.”

“Those two love each other.” I point to Bryce and Gigi. “If you continue doing this you’re going to lose your son because I know damn well that Bryce would choose Gigi over you.”

She looks at me as if she’s the victim, as if she is not in the wrong here. The sheer chutzpah that this woman has is unbelievable.

At this point my heart starts to beat faster and a coat of sweat appears on my face. I flinch as I feel another rough kick.

Lex stands next to me and pulls me into his embrace, “Rose? What’s going on?” his voice laced with worry. I feel how anxious he’s becoming.

“Just stop it. Stop with the fighting.” my breathing becomes shallow and frantic.

My knees buckle underneath me, thankfully Lex supports my weight as everything starts moving. I feel the dizziness overwhelm me.

I hear the panicked voices of the people around me. My mother calling out for me. My husband's words flow over me, “Please baby open your eyes.” the pain in his voice is evident and tugs at my heart.

The noise slowly fades away as I give into the exhaustion brought on by the headache and I welcome the pull of the darkness and enjoy the stillness of everything.

A/N

DUN DUN DUNNNNN

👀👀👀👀

This was very interesting to write. I was thoroughly entertained.

What's your opinion?

Happy reading!

Love : Thuli

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 115 47
Lo'ak and Tsireya's Love Story Sequel To The First Story But In Lo'ak's POV And This Time They Do Have Private Parts 💀
946K 28.8K 26
~COMPLETED~ Three years ago,i was so in love,i was married to billionaire Ryan Alvares,we were happy till the day he threw me out,pregnant with his c...
71.6K 2.1K 27
First off, pretty aggrivated with Wattpad! Read Introduction for the summary, I had it down, but it deleted! also, as you read, please make sure that...
355 12 8
A coming-of-age story that people can relate too. read and leave comments please and thank you for reading