The young star

By stories116

Jessica davis, the 22 year old Canadian international is one of the best young stars in the world who current... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty nine
fifty

forty eight

1.9K 24 1
By stories116

It's match day. Canada vs The Netherlands.

I woke up a lot earlier then the rest of the team this morning all because this whole contract situation is weighing down on my mind. I just don't know what to do and i don't know how i'm going to pick.

Manchester city
Childhood club
Love the fans
Love the team
Love Gareth
And i love playing for them.

Arsenal
First club in England
Love the team
Love the fans
Love Jonas
And i also love playing for them.

If i wasn't thinking it through i would pick city because i support them and i would pick Arsenal because of Leah but i can't do that. I can't. This is for me and my future. This isn't an easy decision that's for sure. I told myself i wasn't going to tell anyone about this situation apart from keira and lucy who already know but i need to talk to daan and viv. Viv left Bayern for Arsenal, i want to know how she made that decision. I need to ask her how she decided. I won't tell them, i'll just ask.

******

It's been a few hours. Everyone is up and ready, everyone is just chilling. We have a few hours to kill before the game so i agreed to meet up with daan and viv at a local cafe. The team weren't too happy but i told them it was urgent, which wasn't a lie because it is. I can't stop thinking about this whole situation and i can't focus on anything else. I went to the cafe and met my favorite dutches.

"heyy"
i said as i sat down and joined them

"excited for the game?"
viv asked with a smirk

"yeah. Ready to beat you"
i said smiling

"not a chance kid"

"we will see daan, we will see"

"anyway enough football talk. How are you doing?"
daan asked

"what do you mean? I'm good"

"i mean with janine"

"oh, we spoke, only briefly last night but nothing really apart from that. Everything has been fine to be honest"

"that's good to hear!"
daan said smiling

"yeah. Viv can i ask you something?"

"anything kid"

"you were at Bayern for a few years. How did you make the decision to leave?"

"let me tell you something it wasn't easy"

"well, how did you do it"

"I guess i wanted to try something different. I wanted to try in England"
Great, that's no help. Both teams are in England for me. Ugh viv...

"any other reason?"

"not really. I did what i thought was best for me and my career"

"how did you know what was best?"

"i didn't. I went with my heart. I knew Arsenal were a top team and i was going to win trophies and i knew playing in England would take my game to a whole new level"

"what if your heart doesn't know?"

"why are you asking all these questions?"
daan asked

"it's nothing. Just wondering i guess"

"it's fine kid. Look, decisions like these aren't easy to make, they never are and at the end of the day it's up to you. Let's say for example Arsenal want you on a permanent deal but city want you to extend. That's a tough decision just by looking at it. Both teams are in England and both compete for trophies each year. This would be something only you could decide, you being the die hard city fan you are would probably deep down want to extend your stay but you need to think with your head, would that be right for you? Can you become the best player you can at city? These are the type of questions you would need to ask yourself. It's not about your love for people or clubs it's about you and your future. What would be best for you?"
viv said. She really does have a way with her words when she wants to

"damn i didn't think you had it in you to be inspirational"
I said mocking the dutch striker

"i agree jess. This is new to me too, didn't think you had it in you Miss Vivianne Miedema"

"i've never gotten the chance before"
viv said shrugging it off

"yeah. yeah. How's lis?"

"she's great, amazing actually"
viv said smiling and slightly blushing

"viv is non stop texting her!!"
daan said complaining

"i'm checking in on my girlfriend. You're texting beth all the time too"

"i think it's safe to say you are both madly in love with your girlfriends"
i said chuckling a little

"jess, you're heads over heals for miss leah williamson"
daan said making me blush slightly

"maybe, just a little. She's more heads over heals for me though"
i said jokingly

"i think you may be right. She doesn't shut up about you"
viv said. I laughed

"yeah, i don't either to be fair"

I hung out with daan and viv for a little longer before we both had to head back in preparation for the game. I hugged the Dutch international's goodbye before returning to my team for the game. We got all of our stuff together, the stuff we needed for the game and entered our team bus. I was sat next to jordyn. I was texting leah for most of the way and jordyn was texting alphonso. Eventually we arrived, we got off the bus and walked into the locker room, we placed our stuff down before walking out onto the pitch for a look about before returning to the changing room and getting changed into our warm up gear before warming up. Once we were done warming up we walked back into the changing room and got ready for the game.

With this being my last game in Canada. Not forever obviously, i decided to but some white tape on my wrist. I wrote the name of my mom, dad and grandma on the tape before getting kitted up. I wasn't starting, i'm fine by that to be honest. I need the time to get my head into the game. We had our team talk before everyone headed out for kick off. I sat on the bench and watched as viv passed to daan to start the game.

The first half ended and we were losing 2-0. We weren't playing well, we were sloppy in possession and gave the dutch too many opportunities. Viv and jill roord had scored the goals for the Netherlands. During half time there was a lot of yelling so i left and went out onto the pitch and warmed up myself until the players poured back out onto the pitch.

The second half started no different, we were still being sloppy and just lacking energy up top. No one was making runs through their defence so no chances were being developed. I was subbed on in the 50th minute, i was brought on to turn the game around and well... I'll let you see for yourself.

Commentators

"jessica davis has been brought on now for Canada. She replaced jordyn up top"

63'
"davis has turned the game around. Canada are playing a lot better now. It's davis, davis passed to beckie, beckie to fleming, fleming takes a touch, she lifts her head and sees davis making a darting run. Fleming plays the ball to the feet of davis who fires the ball first time into the roof of the net. The stadium erupts. Davis kisses her wrist and looks into the sky, she gathers the ball and runs back. They have time to go on and get a result"

88'
"davis, it's davis! she is running at the defence. She beats one, she beats two, this is spectacular. She sorts her feet and... OH SHE FIRES IT OFF THE BAR AND DVD CLEARS THE BALL UPFIELD. So close"

90 +4'
"this game really is end to end, time is about to run out, is there one more chance for Canada! DAVIS IS THROUGH, SHE TAKES A TOUCH ROUNDING THE KEEPER AND FIRES THE BALL INTO THE BACK OF THE NET! THE FANS ARE GOING WILD, ALL THE PLAYERS ARE JUMPING ON THE YOUNG STAR! Jessica davis take a bow. She equalised for canada in the last few seconds of the game, she scored from nothing. Take a bow davis, take a bow"

Full time

Wow. I felt so much pride today. When that ball went in i was ecstatic, all the girls jumped on top of me. I'm so happy. Nothing beats scoring for your country. I celebrated with the girls before saying hi to viv and daan. I was talking to them when i was wanted for an interview.

"jessica davis. The girl of the hour, how did that feel?"
I have such a big smile on my face

"oh it was amazing. There's no better feeling than scoring for your country especially in the last minute. It was special and i won't forget it in a hurry"

"what was going through your mind when you found yourself one on one with the keeper"

"i had to keep calm, that was it. I had to compose myself, i knew what i wanted to do so i done it. I was just so relieved to see the ball go in the back of the net"

"The celebrations certainly weren't disappointing"
i laughed

"yeah. I enjoyed the celebrations myself to be fair"

"now, these next few weeks a could be vital to you. Are you staying at city or are you going elsewhere? With the season only a few weeks away, have you decided on your future?"

"Nothing is confirmed. I don't know yet so i can't really comment. I'll enjoy today and return to England tomorrow and i will decide on my future then"

"thank you. Enjoy the celebrations"

"thank you very much"

I finished with the interview. Most of the players from both teams were still on the pitch, i was walking in the direction of viv when janine approached me. I took a step back as she high-fived me. I greeted her back before she started talking.

"hey, well done today. You saved us"

"thanks janine. I appreciate it!"

"can we talk?"

"not right now. Let's just enjoy today, we can talk some other time, yeah?"

"i think we should talk now"

"we will talk janine but not right now. Maybe when i'm back in England"

"you might not stay at city"

"i might not but i've not decided yet. I promise we will talk but not right now"

"okay"
Janine said before walking away and returning to the rest of our team. I was walking to viv, she saw me and swept me up in her arms.

"what did she want?"

"to talk"

"and you said?"

"no, not today, not right now"

"proud of you"

"thanks. Still can't beat me though"

"some things never change. I've heard your city contract ends before the season starts back, is that true?"

"yeah, i guess the press know everything"
i said letting out a slight chuckle

"i guess. Where are you going to go?"

"i don't know yet, i have a couple of offers on the table, just need to figure out what the best one would be"

"is that why you asked me all those questions the other day"

"yeah. Guess i wasn't very good at hiding the truth"

"no, me and daan had our suspicions. Anyway, go and celebrate you deserve it. I'll see you soon"

"bye viv! see you soon!"

******
The team went back to the hotel and continued celebrating. You may be wondering why we are celebrating a draw. It's because we needed at least a point today to be in pole position to qualify for the world cup. So yeah, it's a big point. I didn't stay and celebrate though as i have to make my decision. I went to my room, changed and packed for tomorrow. I got my passport ready and my outfit for tomorrow. I lay on bed and thought. I genuinely thought about it this time.

I want to win the Champions League and personally i think i stand a better chance at winning that trophy playing for Arsenal but i also want to win the WSL and i think either team is capable of that.

I was arguing with myself over and over for hours. Janine had even returned and fell asleep while i was still thinking, i refused to fall asleep without an answer and eventually at around 2:35am i decided on my future. I know what i'm going to do. I'm sure, i'm 100% sure.

I also posted on instagram after the game.

@jessicadavis

What a win!! I won't forget today anytime soon! Thank you to the fans for all the support. Let's go Canada 🇨🇦❤️

keirawalsh - you're smashing it🔥

lucybronze - the talent you have is unreal😅

janinebeckie4 - 🇨🇦

leahwilliamsonn - that's my girl😍🇨🇦

viviannemiedema - 😅😅goat

I didn't read the rest of the comments. Instead i feel asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 3.3K 24
Emily, a twenty-one-year-old England international leaves Chelsea and moves to the Champions of Europe, FC Barcelona. Emily spent five years at Chels...
75.6K 1.3K 38
Cara Gross is a professional football player for the german national team and vfl wolfsburg.She is the daugther of an ex professional ice hockey play...
Step up By Annac3

Fanfiction

33.1K 529 26
A new player has joined Arsenal WFC at a tense time. After playing in a championship club will she be able to survive in the top ranks? And will she...
247K 7.4K 151
Olivia James and Alessia Russo met when they both represented their country for England's under 15 squad. After just three weeks of knowing each oth...