Love Beneath The Darklines(co...

By shachiseth

A Dark Past - Shyna. A Very Ambitious Future - Davidson They are two contradictory personalities. Yet they me... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 Unwanted Attraction
Chapter 2 Staring Contest
Chapter 3 Friendly Encounter
Chapter 4 Divine Attraction
Chapter 5 Twists In Friendship
Chapter 7 Without You
Chapter 8 Make Her Smile
Chapter 9 A Night Together
Chapter 10 Dreams, Hallucinations And Chimeras!!!!!!!
Chapter 11 Fighting The Past
Chapter 12 Adventure Ride.
Chapter 13 Developing Bonds
Chapter 14 Need You Now
Chapter 15 Hands Of Help
Chapter 16 His Divine Touch
Chapter 17 Evil Birthday!!!!!
Chapter 18 Togetherness
Chapter 19 You Are Beautiful
Chapter 20 Wanna Help You
Chapter 21 Enigmatic Smile
Chapter 23 A Companion
Chapter 24 Lucky Charm
Chapter 25 Influx With Past
Chapter 26 Influences Of The Upbringing
Chapter 27 Word Fights
Chapter 28 Free Falling
Chapter 29 Breathtaking Beauty
Chapter 30 Past Grimaces
Chapter 31 Definition Of Love
Chapter 32 Love You Like I Do
Chapter 33 Perfection
Chapter 34 Power Of Love
Chapter 35 Wrecking Ball
Chapter 36 Sometimes Pain's The Healer
Chapter 37 Cheating v/s Vengeance
Chapter 38 Deadly Silence
Chapter 39 Winner Stands Alone

Chapter 6 Listen To Your Instincts

3.5K 59 6
By shachiseth

Chapter 6

Listen To your instincts

Shyna's pov

I did not want to go for the match. I honestly didn't. I am too scared/ no reluctant to see that Davidson again. He makes my legs feel like jello. I have avoided him last few days. Even with the notes thing, I made one of the staff boys to deliver it to him so that I do not have to face him.

Now two good reasons why I am going, willingly going to see the match. I do not like to listen to my inner instincts because I strongly believe that I am dead inside. So I clarify my presence for the match as.....

First one being the teacher had forced me as it was a major selection thing and she wanted me to prepare notes on how do players perform in additional pressure.

Secondly I wanted to know whether this tee shirt no 10 was following the exercise of breathing for 5 seconds that I told him to count and did it actually help him?

There is one more reason that is not valid and also I hate to admit that I do want to see his glinting face when he played good game. I don't know why but I do want to see the cheerfulness in his face and I did. I really felt proud of him when he scored the 50th point touching his fist to the heart and counting. Later when he looked at me and pressed his heart with his closed fist and then pointed his two fingers to me admitting that he owed the thing to me, my heart was spinning. I cannot express even to myself how I felt at the moment. I had planned it earlier to avoid any confrontations with him so I simply evicted the place. I moved extra fast before the roaring crowd could move and came out of the stadium joining Spike to go back home.

But still as I am driving, the droplets of sweat that were twinkling on his forehead as the rays of the sun shone on them, his t shirt when he half lifted to wipe them off showing couple of his six pack muscles, his feet that were moving criss cross on the ground like an automated machine with his calf muscles tensed and the way his grays were scanning the crowd, the way he closed his magnetising eyes when he counted 5 to 1 were reviving in my mind.

I put my foot on the brake pedal and moved my hands on my face, pressing my eyes a bit harsher to stop them to visualize the happenings of the day and then drove back home. It took me a quite a lot of effort to keep my mind off this guy.

I had to complete the assignment and though it as not been declared by the selectors who all are going to be the lucky ones, I am sure of one name. I can start my powerpoint presentation once I am back home. May be working on my academics would keep my mind off the guy wearing t-shirt no. 10.

Somehow I do not feel like hitting the gym for now. I had overdone with my fitness things last few days when I felt that I was getting weaker in front of Davidson and I assumed that working out would strengthen me mentally and physically. It did too.

Now my knuckles are hurting a little too bad as they are bandaged now and even typing is going to be a bit painful but this pain seems to amuse me in a way. It makes me feel I am not alone. Pain; my permanent companion is there with me.

Today I am longing to write about the assignment. I have a special enthusiasm to do it. I always am positive about the academics thing. That is the only thing I do which is not violent but today's assignment is special. My fingers are clicketing on the keyboard of my laptop as if they are playing music on the piano. I am writing about t-shirt no 10.

Also I need to confess that I am visualizing the scene again and again when Davidson pressed his heart and pointed his two fingers at me.

It makes me feel good and weak too.

Nothing in this world should affect me. I am dead person alive on this earth and I cannot indulge myself with any other living organism. Though I have nothing for this guy and I am only worried about only two people whom, I do not want to get hurt and for whom I have accepted this kind of lifestyle- my mom and my little brother but still I am better off alone in my dark world and would prefer to stay beneath those deadly truth and astounding memories that tear me apart each and every day. I don't know how many further pieces I have in store for me and I long for this life to come to an end.

#######

Elina dressed in her crisp blue shirt over black coat proudly carrying a star on her brisque shoulder and an eagle logo on the jacket of her uniform that suits her tall scrumptious body and is working in a case buried into files moving the stray silky black hair off her face.

She is a don't dare disturb when I am on duty types and is involved in the major serial kill case that has kicked off the nights sleep of her department. It's been a year and the longest in the history of the department that the accused is not been caught.

The sex of the accuse is not known...

The motive is clear he/she wants to save the probable victim from the rape.....

No body has seen him/ her as yet. Even if they did they were in a state of shock not to remember.....

So the only clue we have is that the accused dresses in black and carries nothing but a leather belt to torture the victim before finally killing which the could be victim does not remember.....

The murder weapon is a sharp knife, very sharp one that a single penetration in the right spot, especially the heart because the accused favorite spot is the heart leads to enough blood loss and eventually death before the help could reach.....

Also the accused carries a strong acid which is used to castrate the male organ.....

The accused is non mercy towards his victim and physically and violently tortures the victim...

The accused works with the cellphone of the accused updating the so called sight meant for helping the women in trouble and then destroys it leaving no clues behind......

Perfect Crime as they call it.....

She looks at the body at the crime scene and makes most possible efforts to successfully keep the media at bay to avoid any unwanted hindrances in solving the case. Also it might create unrest among the society.

She collects all the evidences from the crime scene, scans the area and location properly, notes down the details in the most professional and walks up to Misa who escaped being raped because of the accused whom she claims to be her angel in disguise.

The accused is an angel sent by god to her. Misa is scared like a person who does not know how to swim slips into the river and exactly when he was about to take his last breath is taken out of water and he has narrowedly escaped death. This however is more a frantic condition for a girl as her life, her sanity and her mental stability was in stake. A girl who has been through can only describe it like Misa.

Misa as she stated in her interview was returning back home. It was a bus stop. The place was scarcely crowded being a winter evening when days are shorter and nights darker. After waiting for almost 20 minutes, a sedan parked right in front of her offering to drop her at the destination she desires to take.

She politely and intelligently denies. She has been taught since childhood not to go up to strangers especially when it is night and if a new person offers a lift. It's a big NO!NO! and she is been brought up better to understand that. The night is getting darker and loner as she waits. There are other two guys smoking and staring at her bare legs under her office pencil short skirt. She feels conscious and unsafe out of sudden and prefers to walk till she can hop on a cab. It's better to spend some extra penny on your traveling than risking on yourself.

She walked ahead looking for the cab. She could feel two pair of feet following her so she hastened her steps and again the same guy who had offered her lift earlier stopped besides her offering her lift once again. She was weighing between the options, continue walking with two strangers following you or take a smaller risk which turned out to be a bigger one by accepting lift from a decent looking teenager guy. She opted for the later one and sat on the passenger seat of the car swiftly driving towards the Park street where her residence it but after few kilometers had passed, he took a steep right taking the car to the secluded place where he attacked her. she struggled to,save herself. with shivering hands she also,scanned her handbag to get the pepper spray to spray at the teenage guy named Ronnie as he introduced himself to borrow some time for herself but failed realising that she had changed the bag today to match with her gray office dress.

So all her efforts to fight back and save herself were in vain and at the timeexactly like always when he was about to take his final step, this saviour descended from Heavens above as stated by only witness and saved her from th e probable rapist by torturing and finally killing him. She too hasn't seen the savior or is too scared to remember how the former looks like.

"Interesting" Elina stated more irritated at the fact that she still is left with no clues about the criminal or the savior.

She pities the girl dressed in pink shirt, her gray blazer is torn and ragged in an attempt to remove by the suspected rapist, there are stains of blood on the shirt too as she was probably hurt in the fight to save herself. She is conscious and so scared that she works on her wrinkled skirt again and again, trying to increase its length by pulling it down.

More is she upset about the lack of proper evidences about the accused and she is also worried about the answers that she has to give to her superiors regarding the progress of the case which she is working on.

The crime however is ever increasing, this being the second one in the month. The very reason she was selected for the job being her efficiency and her feminists as the accused always saves the probable victim from being raped and she being a young girl is twenties can easily interact with the targeted girls and find clues to arrest the victim.

Davidson's pov

This girl has taken the piece of my mind in such a way that I cannot stop thinking about her. I even felt that I was imagining her at the match. That imitating her when I was counting 5 to 1 in REVERSE order was imagination and me pointing at her when I won my record breaking point as a gratitude that I owe it to her was also nothing but imagination.

But that is not possible because I was waiting for her since I arrived at the courts. I was searching for her everywhere and when I saw her at the bleacher behind the cheerleaders dressed in her traditional grandpa sized tee and a beige cargo, a unique sense of confidence developed in me and I knew I could do it. I know and I believe that a huge credit of my performance goes to her. I want to see her, meet her but all the people are obstructing me. I never expected that the glory I longed for would go against my favor at a point of time. Damn I cannot even meet her later as I have my assessment after this followed by the party which is a sure sort thing coz our team has won after two consecutive losses. Also Ron doesn't spare any chance of partying, not to mention the entire bill of drinks is debited to my account and I do not mind it as I am reluctant to throw a party at my place for the after party mess to handle is not my cup of coffee.

So I have to wait till tomorrow when I can actually bump into her class to talk to her. Ofcourse she'd be uncomfortable talking to me in front of others. So what even I was not very comfortable interacting with her in front of my friends earlier. Now I care a damn. I think I need her and more than that she needs a company. She needs a friend. I'd love to be a friend to her. A friend whom she can trust and share her darklines with.

'''''''''''''''''''''

"I swear these guys who think woman nothing but a piece of trash. I feel like killing those b@st@rds" Cassie commented when there was some discussion of rape cases going on.

This gang of girls can gossip about anything and everything at a given point of time. To add to it they get emotional and sometimes violent too as Cassie banged the glass of whine she was having on the table breaking it into two.

"Whoa feisty" I commented/ complimented.

"No Dav this is getting terrible. Use a girl, kill her or leave her to the destiny is not fare." She said tightening her wrists.

"Cool girl. Join some woman welfare programme. It'll help" I suggested.

"That isn't funny." She shrugged her shoulder.

"Neither am I being sarcastic." I replied. I meant it. Being in the century where a woman has equal status that of a man, I duely respect a woman and such rape thing. shame on manhood.

However the conversation quickly changed into the types of waterproof mascaras available in the market as one of their friends was swooping around badly drunk and wasted with her mascara which probably was non waterproof smudged all over herl eft eye giving her a look of swollen black eye, the one you get after getting badly hit by someone. She surely wasn't hit because she was laughing hysterically to her own joke which was something only she could understand. But yes Cassie now turned from a Rebel Youngster to a cosmetic wikipedia talking about all the stuff of women make up available in the market from lip gloss to lip liner to eye liner to god knows what.

She even discussed about how they poop their breasts with silicon bras to appear more beautiful and sexy. I found it a little weird though. The point ignored is what if a guy is turned on with the size of their boobs and when he takes you to get laid what would he get to see when he opens your shirt up Holy cow! Freaking small b**bs lying under some rubber thing. How unexpected or how heartbreaking. Not exactly heart breaking but d!ck smearing. A man might loose his erect^ out of disappointment. But why should i bother. I have some important things to be dealt with. One of them being the girl next door. I want to go up to her and thank her for all that she's done for me these last few days from the day of my match loosing to Ciara's episode. It really worked coz she didn't feast on Steve after that little encounter and the notes that she prepared although she was not from the same subject line and today her mere presence did wonders.

" some one is in ga ga land." Cassie coed as she sipped another big sip of her 10th glass of beer, mine was only 5th. I raised my glass to do cheers with her. What else would you expect from a guy who is stuck in all women world and with no intention of getting laid?

Jack is busy knocking some red haired girl. Last time it was a big flop show for him as he did not get his bit for the girl ended up screaming the name of her ex when she was high and about to clima* . He got so bugged that he left her as she was and went back home leaving me at the party. I wished him luck when he climbed the stairs looking for a room tonight.

I too was gulping drinks one after another tonight like Cassie who is already wasted with no more capacity of intake, a single glass would lead to her puking if I have seen enough of her girls and that thought itself scares the shit out of me. How can I handle a girl who is throwing up. I obviously cannot leave her alone for she is my self proclaimed friend. So the best thing for my current situation is get drunk and be wasted personally. I do not have to worry about my hangover sickness as winning the match today with extra honour of breaking the record i'll be the star of the class tomorrow.

I was staring at the house of the angel I was longing to meet this nerd girl staying next door. She might have closed secured her doors and windows by now. Curiosity took better off in me and I stood to go and check if she'd done with locking her doors and windows. This is what over drinking does to me. Also Cassie was escorted home by one of her girl friends who was still sober, some per planning by girls I guess.

Crookedly walking I reached the window to take a view of her house and she if she is pacing in the room restlessly like other day.

But what I saw was something that put me into,shock.

Somebody ran towards her house. Did someone really run into her house or I am drunk enough to imagine things. NO I surely saw a shadow entering her house. So I went to the main door and left to her house. I was worried about her now. Who in the holy bible would try to go to her place at this hour of the night. I checked to see the time but the amount I was drunk I could see nothing but blurred gray glass shining of my rado watch. The Dias is actually blue but it appears to be foggy grey, may be because of alcohol. So I ignore the timing and walk towards her home.

Strangely enough the door is left open and I enter inside.

" Somebody in there?" I asked, yelled or shouted I couldn't make out but I did with stumbling feet. I called so that I do not scare her if it was a mistake.

"Heeeeeeeyyyyyy" i sang thinking about her name but not remembering.

"You!!!! what are you doing here?" She yelled /asked in her feisty voice.

I looked at her but all I could see was a blurred image of a girl in some brown tee.

" I saw someone entering your house." I said hicupping.

" you are drunk" she spat.

"No there's someone in the house." I said as I fell on the floor trying to get on feet again but failing and falling till she came to my rescue.

She tried to lift me and take me outside. I was continuously blabbering that she is not safe and there is some one in the house.

" keep your mouth shut and sleep here and finger on your lips" she said as she laid me on one of the couches of the living room and she put one of my finger on my lips and I obediently followed.

I tried to close my drooping eyes thinking that I am spending my night with my angel as she was looking at me with a sheet in her hands and I saw her fading slowly till there was pitch darkness.....

"Would it be rude to leave without a word of gratitude or without bidding a good bye?" i thought to myself wondering how I ended up sleeping here last night. All I remember was I saw someone intruding into her house and so I came to give her alerts but what happened after that is blank in my memories.

I am scratching my bed messy hair in the morning, trying to work with the throbbing pain in my head as i lift the sheet from over me; the pain probably is due to the hangover. So I get up to leave no word said and received as she is not around. Neither is her dog so she might have left for her classes by now so I protest against my body and get up to leave. I then happen to see water and few pills on the table. When I check I find out they were aspirins meant to help me for the hangover headache. ' how thoughtful ' I told myself as I gulped two tablets with the glass of water kept on the table covered with a coaster.

I scan the room sparsely. Things were out of place like cushion fallen down or the book on the sofa instead of library shelf but it was mot a mess like that of Jack's so quite acceptable for me. I lifted them up as a reflex putting them back on their respectable places. I missed her, a part of me felt it was good as it was stupid to come to someone's place at late in the night even though I came because I assumed /saw some shadow running into her house.

But I wanted to meet her, talk to her and .........

And I want to touch her sooth her make her feel comfortable. I want to help her in her issues. May be that's the reason I felt that I saw someone running to her house and took a chance to come over to her place. That she let me stay here was a surprise. Wish I didn't waste the entire night sleeping. Damn this over drinking thing.

I knew waiting for her was not going to help in any ways so I picked my drunken hangover ass from the couch of her living room and headed towards home.

I wanted to go to her class meet her, talk to her but I was surrounded with group of excited girls and friends who were congratulating me for my achievement. All my friends also hooked around me asking for a treat, neither did Jack spare me, not for the treat but. He noticed my absence from the party and from my house too when he checked in the morning as he normally picks me up next day from the party where he parks his bike at my place and we travel together. It took me some hour or more to convince him that I was asleep late in the morning and did not hear his knocking and the phone calls too as it was in a silent mode. And also I was not f##king any girl being wasted. He also assumed that I was with Ciara as she also went missing from the party leaving Steve alone. He also had a lot to share about his night which went on very well other than the fact that the girl was so horny that she made him do thrice in one single night till he voluntarily went out of the room excusing for his sisters birthday call which he doesn't have any.

There was no chance that I'd be alone today so I dropped the idea of meeting the ug... girl in the college.

The impulsiveness to meet her was ever increasing but she was no where to be seen. It's been two days since I saw her at the courts and slept at her house in the night. Wonder what would others say when they realise that I spent a night at a girl's residence sleeping all night through. But who cares?.....

Today is my match and I am eager to face the crowd as I know I'll be their hot favourite today with a new record on my credit. More enthralling is the thought of seeing the same girl on the bleachers behind the cheerleaders. I thought of bumping into her house again but didn't. I did not want to scare her. She'd think I am some crazy stalker.

The pressure is high for I had to fill in the expectations of the crowd and also perform better. Though the team is an easy one to beat but still it is the performance that matters.

---- (at the match)

It is performance that matters and that is where I created a mess of myself not focusing a bit on the game, missing all the baskets and missing the ugly...... Damn I don't even know her name.

Our team however blessed with good players won the match and I skipped out of the courts immediately after the match pedalling my car till it reached her house. I knew she wouldn't be at home. But I can wait so I sat on one of the porches outside her house waiting for her.

Shyna's pov

I did not attend the match. It wasn't important too for the results were evitable. Unfortunately...... yes unfortunately our faculty also asked us to skip as nothing major was expected. We almost had had our assignment ready. Only thing now that was important was the grand finals that was to be played with last two years winners and that should be the concluding part of my assignment.

Well to come to the unfortunate part, I did not go, I shouldn't have but a part of me was craving to see Davidson there running and basketing the ball showing off his six packs unknowingly as he wipe of his sweaty face on the courts. But however the naive me won against my stupid me.

Stupid because from the day he bumped into my house that midnight I have been longing to meet him. I have been avoiding him purposely but still wanting to see him. He looked so attractive even though he was drunk and his messy hair and his tainted t-shirt, more over the concern in his eyes about me that were worried that someone had intruded in my house. It was a nice feeling to know that someone cared. Though I should be unaffected but I still liked the feeling.

When I reached home I was on a self alert mode to attack as someone was sitting in the porch. I was pulling my car in the carpark and as soon as Spike jumped off the car, he too was sniffing and familiarising with the scent ready to bark.

And once he saw the figure he barked ferociously.

The scary looks in Davidson's eyes were so amusing that I couldn't help but chuckle.

Strangely freaking enough after ages in my life had I passed an expression other than frown or rage.

This guy is really affecting me a lot. Inspite of the fact that I was trying to avoid him the most but it was least working. How would it? If he'd bump into my house every now and then.

"Easy Spike easy" I cooed my pet as I brushed my hand on his head and neck, a gesture that he loves and calms him down letting him no that there isn't any danger.

"Hi" he waved sheepishly feeling embarrassed that he was intimidated by a dog.

I gave him a cold glare. I walked ahead trying my best to avoid him. Like others he'd also stay away due to my cold behaviour. Instead out of my expectations he too followed me with Spike now following him behind after he had sniffed and inhaled his body scent.

He does the same to the staff too. Once he'd scented he knows that they are allowed. So is this basketball player from now on. I don't know whether I should feel relieved or worried about it.

My ignoring him isn't working at all as he is continuously blabbering as I open the door with the bunch of keys. The clicking noise of the keys is not heard today as it is not silent today as it is always with this cheerful, chirpy and handsome boy continuously speaking.

His main concern is his apology for bumping into my house that late in the night and leaving without a word of gratitude. The words which are still ringing in my ears are 'without you' he said he didn't want to go to the match Without Me.

After I had ignored him for quite a while and behaved that I did not hear a bit of his blabbering about how silly he played, how he committed mistakes, forgot t o do reverse counting, looking for his angel's face still winning the match as the opponent team was no where close to their team.

"Why didn't you come for the match today?" He asked as he pulled me from my elbow and made me face to face being tired of my rough attitude.

I jerked with his sudden touch. If it was some other individual than him I would have kicked his ass and would have hit him such badly that he'd have repented for the very moment that he touched me for his entire life.

But...the grays of his eyes were so absorbing me in his charms that I was stuck motionless in front of him.

He himself broke the ice asking "why weren't you at the courts. I was..."

"You were....." I repeated wanting to know.

Why the hell do I want to know about him I cursed myself before he set me loose and hid his eyes from me looking down at his Nike shoes.

" I was looking for you everywhere in the bleachers. I couldn't even focus." He said shyly looking so adorable. Can guys shy too? I asked myself.

"You won?" I asked. I wanted to confirm. His victory somehow seemed important to me. Maybe because he was my first and only real life practice whom I was using my skills of sports psychology on. I wouldn't ever try or interact with any one else in my life.

"But please! Please! Please will you come for my match the day after" he begged like a kid begging for a new sports toycar.

"Okay" I answered faintly only to see his eyes shine brightly.

He pulled me forward and hugged me and when he was about to give me a peck on my cheeks, I pushed him hard very hard almost throwing him on the floor.

I was full of rage as I left the living room shouting "leave NOW" and went away.

He kept on muttering soft words or words of apology in his shock filled with guilt tone but I was too taken aback, enraged lost in my past.

I threw my hoodie and my tee and same pants; I started speeding on the treadmill trying to push away the evil memories of my past.

I faintly heard the clutching of the door that the guy had left and I carried on running, running away from my dark lines eventually, unknowingly running towards them.

------Flashback of Shyna

The feel of fabric on my skin after months did make me feel alive or like a dead body given a punch on his heart with a mission to bring it back to life.

For days, may be weeks or even months or years I have been lying here naked with my hands and legs tied so that I do not run. Running wasn't even possible as I was dead mentally dead. What else do you expect from a prison being raped innumerable number of times by three different people or may be more as I did not bother to check who came and went using me leaving me like a dead soul who was nothing but a $ex toy. Use it and walk away.

I could only feel the day light and dark light from the side holes of the closed windows which were never opened so that no one can peep in and find me out. I just lay there with hands and legs tied, my mouth was left untied after I don't know how many days when I stopped struggling or crying or trying to put any efforts against the three monsters.

The brown eyed with an evil smirk adjusted my satin red dress that I had worn after ages. My hair that might have been flowing on all directions were now brushed by one of them. One of them even worked on my face. I stood still, not battling and only observing what more dirty and filthy I had in store for me by three evil demeanors.

I was dressed up for outer appearance without my in wears but I didn't bother. Nothing could bother me. I was a puppet for them with whom they can pull the strings however they liked. I didn't even have the tiniest energy left to pull the strings tight enough to break them.

After they were satisfied with their work on me, the one with a side smile came up to me.

"Beautiful. You have any idea how gorgeous you are looking. Only if you didn't fight with us that much the other night, we'd left you there then but see I pity you now" for the first time he spoke in a softer and sympathetic tone and he hugged me.

Hope was about to bubble inside me when I felt a sharp pain shot through at my vagina.

I had tears in my eyes because of the unbearable pain. That son of a b.... Pushed his finger inserting them right through my V area hurting me as he tried to insert it deep.

"You better remember we are in command before you show any tantrums there" he warned and smirked as he removed his fingers.

I fell on the floor in pain and agony, praying to death for my rescue.

------

I was back on the floor thrown by treadmill as the pain came fresh now becoming unbearable as I lived it again in my memories. Why don't I get rid of them once and for all? I punched the floor below me again and again trying to increase the physical pain so that the mental agony disappears.

I went to the washroom to dip myself in ice chilled water in the winters of January so that I get numb.

I reached the bathroom door when the door bell rang. I tried to ignore expecting the unwanted guest to be some silly salesman landing at the wrong door as the staff had already finished their chores for the week yesterday.

The knocking on the door increased and the intervals of knocking were also decreasing showing the impatience of the person at the door. So I took a deep breath, put on my house coat and spectacles and went to open the door.

Spike, who was ritually barking with the knocking, his favourite past time, now calmed down as I opened the door.

The person was a delivery boy carrying a bouquet of white flowers with a note -

Sorry.....

But please come to the match (puppy dog eyes)

Love Davidson:)

For the second time in a day this guy has brought me out of a frowning mood. He is just so sweet that no one can stay angry on him. He's brought me out of my miseries in a spur.

I take the white flowers from the guy in red and yellow uniform tagged as John and I thanked a person for the first time in many days. I thanked him for he was a messenger of peace and calmness to my soul. I had been suffering so much before the arrival of flowers; a glance over them and things were fresh all over.

I arranged the flowers in the Italian vase that my father had brought after a long hunt and asked my mom to remind me to fill it with flowers daily which she asked me in every phone call in the initial days. After a negative reply by me for days she finally gave up forcing upon me to do that. One of the therapists had told my father that it'll help me in my rehab thing. But who wanted a help. Not me.....

So after two years this vase is finally being fed with fresh flowers and I sit on my couch of the living room staring at the bunch of white flowers doing nothing but although not feeling good but not even feeling miserable like all other days in my life.

Davidson's pov

She was there! She was there! I was so happy that she was sitting behind those scarcely dressed cheerleaders; two of them greeted me so cheerfully. Others simply danced more enthusiastically only because I gave them a look.

Instead the reality is that I am only sending biased looks and waves towards the most awkwardly dressed girl sitting behind them. She has no artificial looks, not even a smile.

'Hmmmmmmpppphhhhhhh...' I take a deep breath telling myself asking myself a promise to bring a smile to this innocent face. I no longer find her or the scar on her face ugly. She now looks normal like a friend even if she is dressed in her granddad's tee and a loose baggy pants, I like her and I like the fact that she forgave my little gesture and came for the match. Such a fool had I behaved the other day to hug her and about to kiss her.

With her behaviour and her stay alone attitude it is quite evitable that she has been through a lot of things in the past and that's probably the reason that she refrains from any kind of physical touch even if it is a pure and loving gesture.

She gives me a warning glare and I quickly understand that it's a warning to me to focus on my game. Yes her stare is about my game because she doesn't communicate on topic other than my game. She's stuck to the only factor and that is my game and my performance that she is helping me with. Quite a possibility that this is a part of her assignment.

It hardly matters to me because I go to her because I like her, like the mystery in her eyes and her intellect, her presence, her touch yes I like to touch her. More than that I want her to be comfortable with my touch. I want to assure her that I wouldn't ever hurt her.

But for now I have to focus on the match for which I have forced invited her. I cannot go without her. Or I do not want to go without her.

Today her writing pad is also missing and she sits folding her hands wrapping her knees under them conscious of the crowd around. She is more comfortable with books than being alone, no wonder she is been a topper all these years of her academies.

Yes I agree that I had been stalking on her, not physically following her but I have been following her last year records at the university, her address and stuff like that. I was shocked to know about her background too.

The referee signaled to begin the match and the whole team accumulated for the start.

I sprinted towards them but before that I counted my reverse number and then looked at her. She gave me her mild nod and I was lost in the game running, dribbling and hitting baskets and before the first half, a new record was made of highest points by a single player for the first time.

Now I have to maintain my performance in the rest of the match to keep up the record.

Unfortunately the display of rough game by our opponent team for use of abusive language against my team mates and even purposely knocking few of us down by pushing or putting their legs in between our players made me furious that I even shouted at one of them distracting my focus from the game. Serious action against their behaviour was not taken as there weren't any casualties so far because of their deeds. It was only harming our performance but Rob was smart enough, being a senior player he had experienced all this and was keeping calm and was also managing his team well. We however won with a major difference of almost 35 points. This was a major achievement and a gateway to the most awaited challenge of final against the defending team Springdale.

She looked and me at every point I took and even winked her eyes as anticipation whenever I looked at her after scoring a good point. A strange kind of chemistry was building up between us.

After the match I couldn't catch up with her as our coach had called our team to discuss the strategies to be followed in the final match scheduled the day after.

I came to the courts to see her but after 45 minutes session by our coach it was wrong to expect her to wait at the courts; neither did she have any notes to taken today so she might have left.

The courts were now abandoned and I headed towards the parking lot to drive to my place.

I reached the car and looked at the glass of the window at my shadow and worked with my hair with my fingers to brush them. Satisfied with my looks I scanned my pocket to get the remote of my car. When I was about to press the 'open' button of the remote I saw a shadow behind me in the window glass of my car........

##########

Davidson's pov

I saw a shadow in the window glass of my car. I turned around to check who it was and then I fell on the ground with two punches one landing on my face and other on my abdomen.

"Hey don't hit him hard only such that either his hand or his legs get fracture and he misses the final match day after." One of the guys voice I heard as he suggested to others.

I now opened my eyes which were very heavy due to the blows and if I am not overestimating then I might get a blue eye like you see after a fight in the movies.

I tried to get up and saw three guys from the defending team whom we are going to play finals with standing in front of me ready to attack on me.

I tried to struggle with the energy left in me but three of them attacked together before I could react.

I would be screaming in pain by now when all of them were attacking but instead they were fallen on the ground in front of me and to my shocking surprise my hoodie girl standing alert ready for another blow. If I could analyse well she had kicked all of them with her leg in one swing enough fiercely to make them fall on the ground.

They were shocked and got up for a fight. I too fastened my shirt ready for a fight but instead the girl kicked on one of their groins, punching the other one right on his nose making it bleed and the third one tried to attack her from behind. I stood immediately to help her instead she bent down a little with a quick reflex elbowing him on his ribs.

"Lets leave" the one holding his groin uttered and all of them left muttering "let's run"

"Thanks" I said scratching my hair in embarrassment as I was helped by a girl to take my ass to the basket ball courts for finals. The girl but is a badass, I should accept.

She did not utter a word neither did she smirk at her display of action and help. She simply shred her sleeves and walked away. I kept on staring at the way she left in awe even after she was out of sight. Only to remember later that I again forgot to ask her name.

-----

Party was as usual with lot of drinks, loud music, skimpily dressed girls and Jack fooling as usual. Thanks to the low lights, nobody noticed the bruise on my eyes which had faded to light blue with me continuosly icing it so that it disappears quickly

Fortunate for me Jack did not get a girl to be knocked so he is accompanying me for the night. Cassie also joined us hitting on me every now and then for the drinks were making her a bit tipsy. She also was getting hot ready to get laid if I gave her some positive signs. I do like her but one night stand naaay!

Instead Jack tried to help her but she refused decently saying that she likes someone else and would only be his girlfriend staring at me all the while as she uttered those words.

Jack elbowed me asking "what do you say about her proposal buddy?"

" Ofcourse I liked to hear those words who wouldn't but I'd appreciate if she had balls to say it when she was sober." I answered

" Did You seriously used words balls for a girl," Jack mocked.

"Silly me. I think this party has alcohol in the air. But what would you use for a girl." I asked Jack faking innocence.

"Umm balls synonym courage right but courage seems just too boring." Jack added making others in the group fall on the floor laughing.

"Soooooo I guess we can use the word hairs, pubic hair" Steve added.

"You kinda right" added "balls accompanied by males private property and pubic hair is the companion of females private umm..." Sam from the group stated.

"No we can use holes," Steve added "girls do have holes right"

"Yeah and it rhymes with balls too" Jack intellectually interjected.

"That's gross" I remarked and left the place to join Ron and our coach who is still sober in the party. Others are half way being drunk and wasted.

Our coach gels up very well with the whole team and is always there as a friend, philosopher and guide.

I went to them to discuss about the forthcoming match. I did not discuss about the little encounter with their players as it would unnecessarily lead to disturbances and effect the spirit of performance in the play of the game.

And for their attack, after a short display of fight from that hoodie girl, I don't think they'll try anything else.

And also I did not want to bring the girl who gave them good fight come into unnecessary highlights, not that it was a bit embarrassing that a girl saved me from getting plastered for three weeks though it is but i avoided because I knew she'd disapprove of it.

After we were done with our game plans we headed towards the food to have our dinner, Ron though went towards the drinks section where his girlfriend was waiting for him.

I was blocked on the way as soft manicured hands held my wrists pressing them a little tightly, her long nails piercing slightly. I remember the touch. I know it very well. It was....

"Ciara" I did not realise how that name left my mouth.

"Dave" she said coming to face me and before I looked at her she hugged me tight "I missed you. I miss you" she said not leaving the grip from me.

"Steve.. Steve listen its not that you think" I uttered but it was too late as he already had readied and successfully landed with a punch on my face.

'Gosh why are people after me violently today' I told myself.

Ciara shouted and was scared of the little encounter and walked away wiping her tears away hiding her face with her hands not to disclose that she was crying if I know her well.

Next I could see was few guys were holding Steve while Jack and Ron were holding me trying to avoid the possible fight. These fights were common in our group because alcohol would always trigger our egos leading us to show our powers to the later. I however was sober today.

"Leave her alone" Steve warned extending his pointer towards me.

I lifted both my hands in the air "she's all yours" I said in submission.

I did not believe in what I did. I was wondering If I was the same person who was all saggy over the break up thing with her. I really did that...I couldn't believe myself. I know I never loved her like falling in love but i liked her as my girlfriend. I still love her as a friend. I was very upset too when she'd break up with me and now when she's kind of hinting me to be back again I am sort of backing up.

No I am not scared of Steve either. Only possibility could be that I had been over with this relation.

Enough for the day I felt as I walked towards my car. The comfy of my bed mattress were inviting me so I decided to drive back home to have a good nights sleep when Cassie blocked my way looking at me with her groggy eyes "So that bitch is trying to be with you again." She hiccuped and added "tell her it's too late now" and wrapped her arms around my neck. With her high silver stiletto heels matching her white lacy dress she was good enough to reach my chin and she lifted her head readying for a kiss.

Though she looked very pretty in her white dress with perfect makeup even after being wasted, her hair were intact presentable but the smell of beer was far from welcoming me to kiss her.

I removed the circle of her arms around me and said "sweetie some other time" as politely as I could.

I was rather confused, two beautiful girls whom I like but am not sure whether I love them or not. But one thing is for sure I love my game a lot and after the finals this Friday it would end of the season and I am going to concentrate more on the fitness and the practice thing to come up as a killer player on the courts.

I am not a gay and do like to have a girlfriend but that girlfriend needs to be a friend first for all I need is a companion who approves of my game and is okay with the time I give to the game, not the ones who wants me as a social symbol.

#####

Tight Nike long vest and skin hugging tracks, sweat droplets shining on her forehead and some pouring down from her temples,the stretching of her muscles is something worth admiring. The tight black dry-fit shirt is shining more for it is wet because of the sweat but she seems to be unaffected. Her hair tightly tied into a bun through which few of them escaped out sticking to her face again being wet. She pounces on the person but is scrapped on her abdomen with the knife in his hand which she ignores immediately taking a round flip bending down and getting up attacking the guy with her elbow on his ribs.

The guy in his mid forties ,dressed in tango vest and nike track pants having a strong stature in unaffected as he lands another attack on her with the sharp dagger in his hand.

Crossing both her hands making a v from her closed fists stiffening them hard like a strong catapult without the band, she blocks the hand with the dagger and pushes his hands making him tumble back. The guy still doesn't give up when she kicks him hard on his right calf making him loose balance once again.

He attacks her with his left hand holding her wrists and twisting them turning them behind and then attacked with the knife on her chest immediately. The knife was very close to her chest a millimetre of distance or a sudden jerk and she'll hurt herself badly. The uncomfortable posture with her hands twitched and turned behind her back seems painful.

The badass girl inspite of the visible pain on her face passes a loud growl and starts fresh remembering something as she kicks him on his groin from back wards and with an instance she hits two, three, four blows together on the arm which is holding the dagger making it slip from his grip.

Not before the dagger was half way down she picks it from the air striking a killer attack on the guy.

"Claaaaaaap clappppp" I applauded for her fine performance suddenly getting her out from the different land she was spaced out in.

She turned around to look at me giving an evil glare. But it was accompanied by an expression of gratitude which is again vanished quickly replaced by coldness .

Though its difficult to admit but I honestly flinched at the venom in her eyes, the hatred that she had in them, the pace of her breathing had increased ten times than of a normal person. I could easily see the rising and falling of her chest behind the sheet of her tight black tee, looked as if she was struggling inside fighting with something. This whole fight was not practise, it was actually happening and she wanted nothing but to win this battle.

The coach whole heartedly appreciated her attempt, her timing and her selection of attacks but she did not react she simply put on her huge sweat shirt and picked her bag without giving another glance to any of us.

Shyna's pov

I knew some one was coming, someone was supposed to join in this gym to take fitness training from my coach due to which my timings were altered which I never mind. The fact is I can do this anywhere any time in a day. I like the pain and numbness it is accompanied with.

If it was not the clapping of Davidson I would have actually pierced that knife into my coach getting into trouble. I did not realise when my past started haunting me getting alive when the three guys removed my clothes with one such knife step by step slowly undoing the buttons of my shirt with the knife and piercing it into my skin sometimes by mistake and sometimes on purpose. When they wanted to removed my bra they pierced it on purpose licking the blood flowing later, the evil smirk of the green eyed demon can never be forgotten, the way the brown eyed shrieked sarcastically mimicking my pain and then pulled my hair, hurting me more with every drop of blood.

The reason of his temper being my rebel towards their deadly actions in which I slapped one of them hard hurting my own hand in return. But the irony was that their stupid f##king ego was hurt in the purpose.

"Let me show her how much power I have in me to payback for her little stunt that she displayed earlier" the brown eyed demon said caressing the cheek that I hit him before and he threw the knife at me tugging my hair to the bamboo wall behind me.

The unbearable pain, the fear, the cruelty and their deafening evil laughter had torn me inside shredding my soul into million pieces. My energy to fight had evaporated after I was debarred of the last fabric from my body.

I still moved my hands and legs in protest. I couldn't give up my sanity that easily but in vain......

So while in practice when the knife was pointed at my chest I couldn't control myself and I felt a shot of electricity pass through me. I was back in my days of misery. I felt I was fighting with the brown eyed guy and then my hands and my body found their own way to fight. The gym shifted in that bamboo house with closed windows and nobody to hear my shrieks, nobody to help me out of my living nightmare

It was only after the noise of sudden claps reached my ears, I came out of the spell. If for his absence I am not sure if I'd would have been able to stop myself.

I avoided his gaze and without even bidding a formal goodbye to my coach, I simply slid on my sweat shirt with hoodie and walked out of the gym hurrying to avoid any communication with this guy who has a sudden effect on my which I hate and hate to hate.

"Hoodie girl hey.. Hey ... Hi" he said as he pulled me from my shoulder.

I tried to attack there on but I knew who he was so I couldn't. I really feel different in front of him. I thought it to be my weakness so that was the reason that I begged my coach to train with armours. He hesitantly agreed. He had to. He is been paid quite a lump some by my dad for the same, much more than be deserves but seeming to his loyalty and lack of attempt of communication it is all worth it.

"Before I forget please tell me your name." He said with his most innocent eyes and face that looked as if it were shrunk a size smaller.

I ignored him. I had thought to myself that I would give him my coldness and rudeness so that he hesitates to communicate with me further. I mean how can he simply end up staying at my house at night.

Yeah I did not feel scared with his presence that I would have felt otherwise with anybody else's presence but still I do not want him to get the wrong signs.

I walked ahead joining Spike who was so glad looking at me that he jumped up high up wagging his tail trying to lick me grateful that I am back. I cuddled him as I stroke my hands on his black and brown fur.

I opened the car to get him seated on the passenger seat and when I reached my side of the door. I flinched at the sudden sight of Davidson who was leaning on the door of driving seat looking extremely handsome in his nike jacket and tracks. Behind the chain of jacket which was half way down you could see a white training tee too

'Am I checking on him?' I asked myself only to answer 'you are not a fool. Just ignore him and drive off.' He stood waiting for me with the same face that can make any girls heart melt. I am too hard cored for it to work with me.

Sweetly, politely and innocently he said "Please let me know your name. How do I call you..Hoodie girl! Girl with a scar! My personal angel! Ugly duc..... Ummmm oooops sorrry..." he said scratching his neck with embarrassment taking my name that others have made for me but I didn't mind for I was used to it.

When I stood still not replying he said "I am not letting you go. So don't try."

"You want to try with me?" I asked getting ready for a fight.

" I am scared" he mocked "but I am not giving up" he said determinedly.

Tired of his stubbornness I thought of giving up on him "Ssshhhhyy........."

.

(Please comment on what you think about the story so far. And "please" vote if you like it.)

p/s : guys this story has dropped down from #15 to #50. Please keep it up. So please vote.....:)J

Thank you sooooo much for voting. I tried my best to upload as early as possible. You guys are awesome my angels.

So keep the comments and votes flowing. I promise an early upload again probably within a week

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 910 48
[COMPLETE] "How can you live your life if you can't create new memories?" "How can I move forward when I'm stuck in the past?" "I know that the s...
16.9K 676 34
Zana Mccarthy is a bad girl with a reputation to scare, but she does a good job of balancing the good, the bad and the ugly in her life. But this all...
5.4K 169 23
"minimum LOVE is FRIENDSHIP...maximum FRIENDSHIP is LOVE" I don't believe in putting a timeline on love.It will happen when it has to one way or anot...
4.4K 543 60
Prologue How do you fix something that is beyond repair? How do you stop your heart from breaking each time you try to fix the wrong? How do you rede...