•|Their Joy|•

By syedaabeeh

|Complete| Allegra is a lively and joyful girl. Even after all the dreadful past, she doesn't forget to live... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32
33
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
Epilogue

20.

8.7K 257 39
By syedaabeeh

A key.

There was yet another key, but this one was extremely small. As if to open something very small yet very valuable.

It was in rusted gold color. I quickly put it back in its place and placed its cover on it, Shoving the keys in the deepest corner of the bag when I heard the jiggling of the keys outside my room.

Pretending to be busy daydreaming, I ignored the person entering the room.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw that it was a very agitated Alessandro.

"Uhm, Allegra!" He said, after clearing his throat.

I lazily drawled my eyes at his figure. "What do you want?"

"Leo is asking for you to come down for dinner." He said, with greeted teeth. Not very happy with my tone.

"Okay." With that being said, I moved my eyes back to the ceiling.

"He wants you down, immediately."

"I said I'll come in few minutes," I said without looking at him.

He grabbed my arm tightly, "Get up, now!"

"Leave my hand. If you want to manhandle me, then I suggest you don't!"

His grip tightened around my arm, "I sai-"

"I don't care what you said, now leave me!" I shouted after pushing him away from me.

His eyes showed extreme anger. "You are extremely disrespectful-"

"I know that. Now out!" I'm pissed. No way in hell anyone could manhandle me and, then try to insult me.

His hand fisted at his sides with his jaw clenched.

He turned around and slammed the door so loudly that I fear that it's going to pop out of its place.

I sighed and went inside the washroom to splash some water on my face.

After dabbing my face with a soft fresh towel, I walked outside my room and into the dining hall.

I sat down on the only second seat available between Alessandro and Leo.

"Why did you not come with Alessandro?" Leo asked, as Antonio settled down on the seat opposite to mine beside Marco and Rocco, who was sitting opposite Matteo and Alexander.

"I said I'll come in few minutes, and I did," I muttered, loud enough for them to hear.

"What happened to your arm?" His voice was as cold as ice. I threw my hoodie inside my room when I was exiting it, so now I'm only wearing a red t-shirt, therefore my arm was visible to him, which has reddened due to Alessandro's manhandling.

"Nothing!" I looked up to Alessandro to see his gaze on my arm.

"That's nothing." Antonio retorted further.

"Must be one of the people at the beach," Marco said angrily.

I raked my hand through my hair and closed my eyes trying not to lash out.

"So what if it is?" I raised a brow at him. "What you gonna do? Manhandle me to stop me from going or force me to go somewhere else away from everyone?" A silent message was lying under those words.

"You don't want to know what we are going to do! We would never manhandle you to take or stop you from going somewhere!" I snorted at Rocco's reply.

"Nice!" Shoving few bites in my mouth I stood up. "I'm done, when are we going back?"

"You are not! Sit down and eat some more! We are not going for 2 more days." Leo replied, calmly.

"Leo I don't want to argue." Ignoring Matteo's calls I sauntered back inside my room.

Slamming the door shut, I dived inside the cover and forced myself to sleep.

______________.

It was 4:00 am currently and I can't sleep anymore. Therefore, I decided to raid the kitchen.

Opening the small bulb which gives very little light to the kitchen, I opened the kitchen and looked for any sort of food.

Found it.

Heating the oven, I put the leftover plate in there and get my glass filled with orange juice.

Once I heard the small ding from it, I got; the extremely hot plate, while letting out 'ohs' here and there.

I moaned when its taste hit my buds. "Seriously, if I could eat this every day, I would. I say that for every dish lol." Snorting, I gulped down the last few bites of it.

Putting the dish in the basin, I closed the light and tiptoed outside the kitchen.

Debating; whether or not should I watch tv?

Shrugging, I jumped on the couch and opened the tv, searching for Winx club season 7, cause the boys were damn hot in that one.

I mean, they were good in season 8 too but, not as how they were in the previous one.

After few episodes, I must have fallen asleep cause I could feel someone shaking me and telling me to wake up.

Peeking my one eye open, I said, "What do you want?"

I didn't mean it to be this harsh, as I saw Matteo flinching. "Uhm, why are you sleeping here?"

"Just felt like it!" I muttered and shield my eyes with my arm.

"I'm sorry, for the way we reacted yesterday. We were just worried and-"

"That was no way to express your worries." He sighed.

"I know and I'm sorry." His gaze went towards my arm.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you get that?" He said, pointing at the now vanishing bruise.

"It was Alessandro." I sighed, I didn't want to tell them but I guess they wouldn't budge until I would tell them.

"W-what? Sandro wouldn't do it!" He said, a little baffled.

"I didn't either." I watch as his eyes darken.

"I'm going to kill him." He started getting up from his crouched position on the floor.

"I didn't tell you so that you could kill him alright. Forget about it." He sighed.

"Once again, I'm sorry about yesterday."

"I don't want any of your apologies." Muttering I sat up.

"Look, it was also your fault for"

"I did, told you guys that I'm going outside. You guys were so busy playing that you didn't hear me. I was bored so I decided to take a stroll at the beach."

"If you were feeling bored, you should have come to us, we would-" I interrupted him for the umpteenth time.

"I did ask you guys to let me play, but all I git in return was 'no' 'not now' oh and my favorite, 'you can't play" My voice went an octave deeper, to imitate theirs.

"Okay. But please don't do it next time, we were very worried. We thought someone took you away from us." His eyes held pain.

"Why would you think like that?"

"Allegra, I want to tell you something. Valentinos never went on vacations. Like ever. The threats are increasing day by day, and when yesterday when we didn't find you in the resort we thought someone took you." His voice was soft yet very pained.

"Oh, I didn't know that," I said, lowly.

"That's why we were so angry and to top it all we couldn't find Giovanni and Paulo anywhere. We thought that whoever took you has already...finished them." He said, now that I've noticed, his hands held my hands tightly.

Just the way Antonio and Leo did,

I don't know how to react so I did nothing but gaze at him.

"Leo, I want to talk to you. Let's go to your office." Matteo looked behind me and said.

I turned to look behind me at Leo who was standing there while pocketing his palm in his sweatpants.

He nodded, his eyes still gazing at me.

They both left to go to Leo's office. That person will carry his office everywhere.

Scoffing, I laid down again and pressed the play button.

Few minutes into the show and loud murmurs came from outside the living room.

Marco and Alessandro were chuckling over something but stopped when they saw me.

I turned my attention back to the show. Someone cleared their throat.

Not wanting to pay them any attention, I didn't react.

They again, cleared their throat, "Allegra?"

I lazily looked over at them, "Yes?"

They kept looking here and there, when, "breakfast is ready." Antonio yelled from the kitchen.

I switched off the TV and walked inside the dining room.

Claiming my seat between Alessandro and Leo's seat. I served myself, quietly.

A few minutes later, Matteo and a very angry Leo came. Settling on their respective seats, both of them didn't proceed to eat.

The tension in the air was very thick that all of the other boys also kept their utensils aside.

I kept eating my bacon not paying attention to my surrounding. "I was famished, but now I'm not!" Mumbled sang, it in 'Do you wanna build a snowman' tune.

I stood up from my place but was forced to sit again, "What?" I furrowed my brows.

"What happened to your arm?" Though he was asking me, his dark and angry gaze was fixed, on Alessandro.

I shot a glare at Matteo. "Alessandro tried to manhandle me."

You guys must have thought, that I should have defended him and yada yada.

The last time, I didn't tell them was because I was angry at each and everyone present at the moment, and I didn't amt to talk to anyone.

But since now, I'm not so angry with Matteo and Leo, because 1. Matteo apologized, and 2. Leo was worried for me and he wasn't as rude as the others.

I mean, Matteo wasn't rude either, In fact, he wasn't even mad yesterday just, worried.

Suddenly, Matteo stood up, "Is that how you treat your sister? Seriously Alessandro? Manhandling her? I expected better from you." Matteo yelled.

His breathing wasn't labored. Leo addressed Alessandro, "Why did you even touch her? manhandling is a different topic."

Alessandro clenched his fist, "She wasn't coming down."

"I said, I will come in few minutes." I voice out.

"When she said that she will come down, they why didn't you go away?" Leo asked angrily yet with a calm face.

"I-" He stood up and went inside his room. Leo also stood up and went inside his office not before ordering Alex to clean the dishes.

Matteo also followed Leo as per his order to his office.

Now it was just Rocco, Marco, Alex and Antonio and me.

I stood up from my place and was about to walk away when Rocco called me. "Um, collect your clothes from the laundry."

"I don't know where it is."

He walked in the opposite direction after throwing a 'Follow me.

With a sigh, I followed him. He abruptly stopped, "Look, Allegra, I'm sorry for yesterday. I didn't mean to yell at you. It was just-"

"You were worried! I get it. Show me my laundry." I cut him off rather rudely.

"So you didn't forgive me? Look, I'm genuinely sorry." His voice was desperate.

"If you want, I could give you half of my meal. Everyday." He suggested.

"What kinda meal?" I blew on my nails.

"Arrabiataaaa." And that was it for me to break into laughter.

"Promise?" I held out my pinky. He stared at it for a while and then joined it. Sealing the promise.

"So, what is in lunch?"

___________________.

•|Happy Reading|•

Phewwww, as per you all's request, the chapter is extra early!

By the way, what if I go on hiatus? What will be your reaction?

I mean, not that I'm going or anything, just a thought!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Unravelling By wee_me

General Fiction

446K 14.8K 63
Lily is happy with her life. She has a unique family that she can rely on as well as four great friends who support her - and vice versa. She doesn't...
944 40 17
A beautiful and strong minded miraculous toddler ADELIANA born in the de- luca family got kidnaped they tried to find her but they lost the hope the...
183K 3.5K 57
At the age of 2 Bella was kidnapped from the park while playing with her 6 older brother's and father. Their mother had died just a month before it h...
2.4M 51.3K 36
A socially awkward teenager with a love for weapons must work with her ex-family in order to solve the mystery of her mother's death. ** After the u...