Fire and Ice (First Book of t...

By TheWitchAndTheCat

NOTE: The story contains mature actions and issues. It tells about the love between two young men. The story... More

Witchy's Author's Note
CH.1: One rainy day
CH.2: The Sexy and the Beast
CH.3: Interesting jeans
CH.4: Ice in your veins
CH.5: You, again!
CH.6: Shadows and shivers
CH.7: Friends? Friends!!
CH.8: Run for it!
CH.10: Piercing his interest and excitement
CH.11: Dinner at eight
CH.12: Kiss Goodbye
CH.13: Tricks and loops
CH.14: Dangerously close
CH. 15 Day after day
CH. 16 That's it
CH. 17 My own mind-blowing vodka (Part 1)
CH. 17 My own mind-blowing vodka (Part 2)
CH. 18 Mine
CH. 19 Primal Screams
CH. 20 Like in the "that" movie
CH. 21 Your dark side
CH. 22 You and Me ... Oh, baby
CH. 23 The funny grizzly and the cute koala (Extra)
CH. 24 Nuisances and threats
CH. 25 Bare souls (Part 1)
CH. 25 Bare souls (Part 2)
CH. 26 Memories of the ice
CH. 27 Still surreal
CH. 28 Let it snow, let it snow ...
CH. 29 Silent water, idle wind
CH. 30 I said, if you can
CH. 31 Sleepless dream (Part 1)
CH. 31 Sleepless dream (Part 2)
CH. 32 Memories of the fire (Part 1)
CH. 32 Memories of the fire (Part 2)
CH. 33 Happy glam-rock Birthday! (Part 1)
CH. 33 Happy glam-rock Birthday! (Part 2)
CH. 34 London Calling
EPILOGUE: You and me, baby...nothing ever changes
AUTHOR'S NOTE

CH.9: His decision, his resolution

156K 4.2K 943
By TheWitchAndTheCat

Dear All,

I won't say much about this chapter, aside that yes, the edited version is definitely improved, offering new insights in both characters, and having made the chapter longer 😊

Yes, I am known for long chapters in general and it has already begun while editing "Fire and Ice", thinking to myself: why didn't write this before? Why didn't I explain this or that? Boy...this should have been there! And so on...just imagine me rumbling alone in my apartment while I edit my stories. Quite funny, believe me.

As I anticipated, it's another intense chapter in a way and someone will take another step forward. We should be proud of him. Also, we will meet Aleksandr's father...ready for that?

Music and banners will be re-uploaded during the weekend or tonight, as my social life now will be focused on starting pre-Christmas Star Wars, LOTR and The Hobbit marathon, plus writing of course 😊 But no worries dear all, I also have a few extremely wonderful friends ^^

How do you like the story so far? Just a quick note: please be informed and aware that my stories, the universe I create for them and my characters are absolutely and entirely unique and original, coming from my imagination only and NOT taking any inspiration from other stories. Please keep this in mind, dear all, thank you.

As per the chosen quote, I am not a big fan of Coelho, not really, but I read that book as it was suggested by a friend and that struck me. Thinking about this chapter and Aleksandr, I thought of using it.

Happy and magic reading to you!

"When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision," by Paul Coelho in 'The Alchemist'

TRAVIS POV:

I peeked at him while he drove, now looking less ferocious and less icy, no longer grabbing the stirring wheel in that threatening grip, as if about to snap it in pieces, but apparently more relaxed. He didn't say much more than those few words, but it didn't matter at all, for what he already said had me shut up for the shocking surprised caused in me. Hell, I still couldn't believe I was sitting a few inches apart from Aleksandr, in his pickup while he was driving me home. Well, Alex, as he suggested before, but damn sure I was going to find another name for him.

I liked Sasha, it felt very nice for his name, but I don't know...I knew I wanted to find something different, more uniquely applied and used by me only.

While he drove, he used his phone carefully, always concentrated on the road in front of us and never really distracting himself, quickly touching the screen, watching the street at the same time with intense gaze. I sighed out as I realized my stare kept glued on him, and that caused him to turn his eyes in my direction; the look he casted at me had me feel like pudding and jelly all at once and I refrained from shifting on my seat or show how that very much affected me, but he must have caught something, I saw it as our eyes caught each other once more.

Oh hell, I was so horribly afraid of blabbing out something stupid and embarrassing, because I knew it was just about time, so to prevent it I bit my lower lip, chanting in my mind to cool it down and relax. Trying not to think about him naked and...Travis!

I did my best to relax on the seat and drank his presence another time, for then immediately looking away, not wanting to make it way too obvious and therefore creepy. He must have perceived my glancing but didn't say anything about it, not bothered in the least.

After some time, the traffic of New York slowing us down from time to time, we reached my place, a very nice, elegant and quite modern building in one of the best streets of Brooklyn.

"Is it here?" His voice sent tingling shivers down my back and I just nodded at first. Damn it, why the hell was he affecting me so much? Yeah, he was hot as the wildest flames of hell, he was so powerfully manly that my dick loved that and often stiffened just thinking about it, but there was something else in him...something I still needed to discover and that I vowed myself to do.

"Yeah, it's here. Thank you," I managed to say, avoiding looking at him too intensely.

He opened the door and got out of the pick-up, waiting outside for me while I kept rooted on my seat, still very much bewildered by everything, still following him with my eyes. Hell, I had to stop staring at him that much. Move Travis, just move your sexy ass from there, would you? So, I hopped off of the car, grabbing my bag tightly in order to keep my hands busy, because I was very tempted to touch him. I don't know why, but when I rushed away before, I managed to grab my bag with me, an instinctive reaction, for I knew my important things were in there and I had been taught not to leave at the mercy of people who could use it against me.

My eyes kept staring at Aleksandr, while my mind was still trying to process everything, and I inhaled deeply as I stepped forward. He walked beside me and climbed up the stairs to the main entrance door, still waiting for me to open it.

But as I searched for the key, I suddenly felt dizzy, very fucking dizzy, my head spinning so much it probably was going at the speed of light, and a sense of overwhelming sickness hit me badly. I wavered and lost my balance. Those assholes, I hissed in my head, thinking about that this was only their fault. Fuck, they just awakened something I hoped to never feel again and now the fear, anger, disgust and tension wore me down completely and sucked all my energies. However, right when I faltered, strong, muscular arms and ready hands caught my waist from behind. I felt millions of little electric shivers and jolts biting my skin, my face feeling hot at once.

I didn't have any more energy left in me, feeling completely drained, and hence I let my body do whatever it wished and needed. Which was falling back on him, knowing a solid and muscular chest would had been there ready for me. And so, it was, there for me, strong, solid, and not moving of an inch, simply backing me, supporting me, taking care of me. My head rested there, and I closed my eyes, feeling beat and hot at the same time and, hell, that wasn't the best combination, because it pumped both my heart and blood insanely, rendering me even dizzier.

"Travis," Aleksandr called for me, his voice very close to my ear, and feeling it like that, so close, with his breath almost caressing my sensitive skin, it all gave me goose bumps. I had to touch him in a way or another, it was imperative and a physical need. I placed my hands over his, as if to steady my posture and myself, and they were warm, big, and inspiring a sense of powerful strength, of security. His skin was a mix of smoothness and roughness, probably from playing hockey as intensely as he did, and from the weightlifting, for I overhead him one day in class talking about that with Derek and Hayden.

"Is anyone at home?" He asked very calmly, still very close to me.

Hell, I had to concentrate fucking hard to answer and manage a decent and stable voice, avoiding making a spectacle of myself.

"No, my mom isn't home, why?" Exactly, why did he ask that?

"When is she coming back?"

"She'll be back on Sunday, she is away on a business trip," I explained, again wondering why he was asking that. If he turned out to be a caring and thoughtful sexy beast as I was beginning to suspect see, I fear my crush would step much further.

"All right then Travis, let's go," he firmly said, and my eyes widened a moment.

What was that about? What did he mean with that let's go? Hell, confusion thundered inside of me even more and my head spun again and again and fucking again, so much my view blackened for a short moment. I had to grab his hands once more, because he made me feel safe and steady, and for a couple of seconds one his hands intertwined the fingers with mine, as if silently telling me not to worry. I closed my eyes again, because it all felt terribly surreal. And wonderfully fantastic. He felt...I had no energy to describe it, but he felt as I always imagined and much, much better at the same time.

He moved his arms and hands from my waist, momentarily letting go of me and I immediately felt the absence of his touch, but then he turned me around, so that I was facing him, barely a few damn inches apart. His eyes appeared even more clear and transparent seen so close, like the quiet and beautiful surface of a blue cold lake, his perfect black eyebrows making them stand out even more, contrasting with their clarity, recalling the same blackness of his short hair.

"Travis, let's go," he repeated once more and I know I was breathing harder and faster, due also to him being a mere breath away.

"What?" I whispered, as his hands still held me around the waist, mine on his strong forearms. What the hell was wrong with me? I was in front of him and I suddenly felt sort of shy, my head spinning so much if felt like a satellite. Or more than shy, he rendered me incapable of properly talking or reacting.

"You can't stay here alone, you don't look good right now," he explained, his eyes directly locked into mine. "C'mon, let's go." He moved his hands from my waist to my arms and then it freaking hit it.

Tiredness, exhaustion and everything else hit me awfully hard and I felt like blacking out, my vision darkening suddenly and my body becoming very, very tired and heavy.

"Travis?" I think I heard Aleksandr, but I wasn't sure.

The last thing I felt and remembered were arms picking me up.

ALEKSANDR POV:

I had been annoyed the whole fucking day and Derek pestering me about how I treated Travis like a jerk didn't help me very much. I was very well aware of my horrible behavior, but what was I supposed to do? He really was a goddamn magnet for troubles, somehow always following him, no matter what, even if it wasn't exactly his fault. Yet, what was he thinking about when we all where in the bathroom? He challenged that pathetic excuse of human being named Collins. I thought he was about to throw himself at him and punch that piece of shit. And that enraged me even more against that asshole, because I didn't like to see Travis so bewildered and crazed. Not to mention the way he had dared to call him...I had to stop thinking about it.

If River hadn't stopped me, I don't know what might have happened, what I might have done. No, actually I knew very well what would have happened; me breaking his nose and all of his teeth, and then maybe some other bones and parts of that garbage. But yeah, it was probably good River stopped me in that moment, because I don't think I wanted Travis to see me like that, letting go of my burning anger and smoldering in it, letting it course through my veins and explode out. Also, it was good I didn't get into trouble for that piece of shit. I owed it to my dad. And to my friends.

My friends...they were always there for me, incredible and true friends. God, I loved them, because they really understood me. Derek tried to cool me down and said a bunch of stupid jokes, but I was too tense and pissed for that, and he soon realized it wasn't sorting out the usual effect; same for Dima and Hayden, both not knowing how to cool my belligerent and very enraged mood. River even hadn't been able to calm me down as usual, with his sensibility, with his quick understanding of my nature and thoughts, and his coolness of head. Nothing. I had too much going on in my head, too many fucking doubts, questions, contrasting emotions, feelings never experienced before in my life, and much more; in a word, I had a complete and maddening mess.

I growled out annoyed as I recalled once more what happened in the morning and the girl sitting beside me jumped on her seat, slightly scooting away. Good, so next time she would avoid trying to sit beside me. She was just wasting her time.

When I remembered what had flashed in Travis's eyes for a brief moment, there in the bathroom, my blood froze down completely and then burst burning and boiling madly. I snapped in two the pen I had in my hand, my anger about to eat me alive and anyone else who dared to pissed me off. Today I was on a very dangerous mood, rage pulsing almost painfully inside of me, my head about to explode because of that.

River told me that Travis kept silent during the entire class, as usual he added, as he had sat beside him worried for him, explaining that only Hayden had tried to talk to him, without any success. He replied monosyllabic sentences and when the lesson began, he said nothing at all and seemed to pay attention to the lesson, but River felt something was out of place. I had been too mad to really notice much when we shared the same class, aside a quick glance which made me see how pale and tense he was, even if he put up quite the show in wanting to let people think he was fine. And that pissed me off even more. I hadn't seen him around since then and Derek looked for him, but he was nowhere to be found apparently. Shit, I was also very mad at myself, for having such stupid issue. For what I had barked to him. I should have never said those words to him and be like that. It wasn't his fault.

I was eager to go to practice, to skate slicing the surface of the ice with the blades and swing the stick like a madman and vent out all my anger and frustration. Yeah, I was frustrated and mad. There were things I didn't understand, I still couldn't comprehend and that really annoyed me to a point I needed to break something. I felt like a wild wolf in a cage, a wild and raging beast on a too short leash.

Once school was finally over, I waited a moment in an empty class to cool down a bit, because I really couldn't knock out my teammates during practice. So, as I felt less edgy and angered, I walked to my pickup to take my bag for training, which I had left there in the morning. I was about to grab it when I heard someone running like crazy, breathing loudly, and I turned to look at the person. I froze on the spot when I recognized that bleached white head and those incredible pitch-black eyes. He stopped at the other door, weighting whether to jump inside or not, tempted by the idea. I shifted my gaze on him and met Travis' freaked out one. My hand tightened on the door of the car while my fingers squeezed the metal as if wanting to snap it.

What was going on?

He looked completely bewildered, anxious, out of breath and had the same eyes I already saw a few times, only much worse. The same eyes and expression he had in the bathroom. Only, this time they looked ten times worse, ten times more freaked and panicked, fear contracting his face and lips, rendering him pretty much like a ghost. I stared at him in surprise and cold anger, wanting to know what caused him to be in such state. I looked over his shoulders and saw that shit head of Collins and his three useless friends. That did it. Something clicked in my head, in my guts. It made me took a decision on the spot and kicked away my other doubts, my irritation, by then only replaced by burning hate and rage against Collins, but also burning need to help Travis, to protect him. I had to deal with my mess and issues; I had no other choice.

"Get in the car," I ordered him hearing my own voice sounding distorted by my ire, sounding way too harsh then I intended.

"What?" Travis rushed out with a voice I didn't like one bit, reflecting his complete freaked-out and panicked state of mind.

He was clearly taken aback from that and he must have misunderstood my attitude and expression, for he took a step back and I took another one in his direction. His eyes widened at that, as he didn't expect my reaction. But his possible misunderstanding wasn't the main issue, since I had another problem at the moment, which was the necessary and vital need to control my ranging and murdering anger, because I was very, very close to walk over those dimwits and beat them all to a pulp, until nobody would recognize them anymore. I wanted to give them so much pain that it was driving me insane. But I had taken a decision and I had to make myself see reason and do the right thing.

And then, another click snapped inside of me. Shit. That had been a powerful one, almost a kick in my ass and I shook my head quickly.

I took a decision and I chose to stick with that, for I had no other choice or alternative. I decided it and there was no turning back, I was very aware of that. The hell with everything else, I had to take care of Travis and take his ass out of here. He looked about to break into pieces and I just wanted, needed to make it better for him, to hold him together.

That awareness caused my taking another decision and that was made of steel, it was an unbreakable and unbendable resolution. Nothing or nobody was going to touch it or dent it. Stop running away and whine like an idiot about my confusion, about the mess that even right then was ruling inside of me. No more jerk-like turning back or behavior. I had to face it like a real man would and that meant facing and getting to know, getting closer to Travis.

Getting closer to a magnet for troubles. But shit, I no longer cared about that, it no longer mattered.

I walked towards him, who looked even more confused, I opened the door of the passenger side and grabbed his wrist, his eyes wider and wider, his mouth open not knowing what to say, and I realized he flinched at my strong grip, so I somehow relaxed it, not wanting to either harm him or scare him more than he already was.

"I said, get in the car," I commanded with resolute tone.

"Bu-but..." He sort of stuttered, but I listened to nothing.

"Get in the fucking car. Now," I growled out my final order, pretty much pushing him in the pickup truck not as gently as I had wished for and as I should have done. No time and moment for that. I slammed his door shut, then stood there a moment to stare back at that piece of useless garbage who could count himself very lucky today, for I had no time nor the will to waste energy breaking his bones, and he clearly saw I was with Travis, he clearly got my unspoken message and that was good. Another step in Travis's direction and he was screwed for real. I then marched to my side and closed my door so fiercely that the glass of it probably threatened to shutter, and with that done and him safely beside me, I drove away.

I had to calm down, but in some way, in some curious and very much impossible to explain way, being beside Travis, close to him, as he sat on the next seat, helped me to calm down quicker than I expected and that I could hope for, making my anger wash away almost entirely.

I asked him if it was Collins and he almost did bite my head off with a very snappy and fierce reply. I didn't care about it and I definitely didn't mind, as I understood well in which state of mind he was, still clearly freaked-out very much and quite confused; plus, I already got my idea that he had quite a temper, that he was a feisty one, rendering him not only incredibly interesting, but also quite exciting. Because yeah, that's how I think I found him, exciting in some ways. In some ways...sure. Let's say in many ways, that was more accurate. I chuckled inside my head, recalling what Derek said about him, my friend being absolutely right about that, for Travis really had sharp claws and fangs.

I sent a message to River explaining I couldn't go to practice, hoping coach Garrison was not going to be too mad or annoy me on the following session, even though he really should have relaxed more with us. River asked if I was OK and I just answered yes, not going into any detail on why I couldn't attend training. I owed him an explanation, but that had to wait for now. I wasn't in the mood to talk on the phone and tell him what had just happened; luckily, my friend always understood me.

I quickly glanced at Travis and noticed he rested his face on the window of the door, and I shook my head seeing he didn't look well at all. Then I gripped the stirring wheel about to snap it as my eyes detected a faint red bruise on his cheek, on his gorgeous face. Shit, they had dared to touch and harm him. To touch and hurt his perfect and beautiful face. The thought of liking his face didn't even enrage or irritate me anymore, while the thought of them laying their hands on him ignited such an ire in me I was burning for it very much, thinking for a split of a second to turn the car around and get even with each of them. I took a deep and quiet breath and let that idea go, for it was stupid to say the least. But I wasn't going to let it go that easily.

What they had done to Travis signed a ticket for senseless and brutal beating for that assholes and his other friends. But not now, not now yet. I felt I had to make sure Travis was OK and not about to break down. I gave him another quick glance and he looked paler than he normally did, his hair slightly messed up, still breathing deeply and as if trying to calm down. I wanted to brush his hair, to smooth it and tidy it, but I resisted the impulse, because I was sure he would have jumped out of his skin in that moment. He looked very tense and stressed. I heard his breath deeper and more intense, longer than normal. What was going on in his mind? I didn't know whether to ask or not, because I really didn't want to bother him or make it worse. I could ask later, when he would feel better and less anxious. I fear that talking more about what happened would only make it worse, so I shut up and simply stood there beside him.

However, after a long silence, I heard him speaking to me again and his words had me smile in my usual way. He had nothing to apologize for. Absolutely nothing.

"I am really sorry," he murmured with barely breathed out voice, the sound of it still trembling and not entirely stable.

"It's OK," I just declared calmly, and I meant it completely.

He kept quieter and more silent and I didn't want to press him with further questions, granted he really needed to rest a bit. The silence between us didn't bother or annoyed me in the least; if any, it soothed my mood and calmed my boiling blood, restoring a certain calmness in me.

"Aleksandr?" he called, his voice still unsteady, but much clearer than before. And I liked it, very much so. It was the first time he said my name directly calling me and I liked the way his voice pronounced it, with softness and a degree of shyness, or something else close enough to that, I never thought of hearing from his lips.

"Hmm?" I replied naturally, feeling relaxed and at ease around him more and more. That was really strange, only River and sometime Derek were able to calm me down that much, not even Dima or Hayden managed it well because I knew I was very difficult at times, and right there I comprehended that Travis had a similar effect on me as River did, but at the same time it was completely different. What was that?

"Thank you for before, today you really saved my ass twice," he pretty much whispered, sounding more like his usual self, but still somehow nervous and tense, feeling his intense eyes on me. He had a way of looking or assessing me that sometimes felt almost physical, directly set into my own eyes, as if he meant to say something, and I never minded it.

Yet, his words, had quite an effect on me and I softly laughed at them, at the truth they spoke. He was very right about that, because it really went like that. I turned to looked at him and couldn't help my smiling, the one-side smile I usually had, as my eyes quickly ranked him, seeing more color had returned to his gorgeous face, seeing a different light in his black jewels. I was smirking more than smiling, and that surprised him quite a lot, judging by the way his eyes flashed and widened at my spontaneous reaction.

"Yeah, that's true, Travis," I replied still smiling at him, liking to call him by his name directly and openly. And I saw how he also reacted to that, to me calling him by his name so naturally; at first, I didn't understand his reaction and I heard him swallow down, seeing from the corner of my eyes him readjusting on the seat. Why so? That somehow made me chuckle even more, but I kept it for myself and silent in my mind.

I asked him where he lived and then I told him something that normally should have been completely unexpected from me, that obviously was perceived in the same way from him, given his shocked expression and the very intense stare the threw at me, his soft lips slightly opening as if he desired to say something. There was something about his mouth that stirred me quite a lot, not to mention the fact I wondered if he had a piercing in there?

"By the way, it's Alex. Or Sasha," I had said, letting my eyes concentrating on his briefly, for then returning the attention back to the road in front of us.

I wanted to know more about him. I had to know more about him.

He lived in a nice area and I realized it wasn't that far from my house. I walked him to the front door, because he still looked pale and unsteady, I was still worried and I really wanted to be at his side; when he searched for the keys to open the door he felt dizzy, he stumbled and lost his balance, and my arms immediately grabbed him at his waist, to steady him.

I felt at once the tense and slender muscles of his body, my fingers reaching almost the stomach, feeling the defined abs and side muscles even through the hoodie, which was very tight on him. He sure enjoyed wearing real close-fitting clothes and I understood why at first, since the day he was pushed against me. But right then, with him in my hands, I understood it even more. His body was firm and fit, covered with defined yet slender muscles, and definitely fucking gorgeous. He let his head rest on my chest, and his sweet and warm scent mixed with his usual perfume hit me badly. I silently inhaled it deeply, letting myself get intoxicated by that, but then I wanted to know if he was OK.

"Travis," I said, close to his ear, his white hair brushing my skin. His overall scent hit me even more strongly and I felt him shiver in my arms, which was impossible to miss given how close we were and that caused me almost to shudder in response, especially as I realized how close my mouth was to his ear, to his skin. I could have touched it and I wanted to do so, but I refrained for too many obvious reasons.

What was that? I never felt anything of the sort in my entire life. And why he shivered when I called him? Was he afraid of me? I got the reply to my last question the following moment.

He rested more relaxed on me, putting his hands over mine, as if seeking for a touch to steady him, and I let him, enjoying that. At such physical sensation, something agitated inside of me and almost growled wildly, so much I was afraid it would echo outside me. Again. That had happened yet again. What the fuck was that? The skin of his hands was smooth, in a way I never imagined a guy's hands could be, very soft, but also very cold. That called me back to the present time, seeing I had to make sure he was fine and that someone would be home to wait for him; there was no way I would have left him alone in such state, for I really was worried. So, I asked him, and he explained me his mother was away on a business trip.

Hence once more I took another decision on the spot. I had to take him to my house, granted he needed to rest, and he couldn't be alone.

Shit.

That was partial bullshit. I didn't want to leave him alone, and that was madly and almost scarily new for me. Yeah, he could not stay alone, but the more important matter here was that I didn't want to leave him alone, not even if his mother would have been there. I had no doubts I would have found an excuse to stay there, too, no matter what.

I turned him around in order to face him, and his black eyes kept me there for a longer moment than I expected, as they bored into mine intensely, searching inside of me. He murmured something right a few inches apart from me and I almost tightened the grip of my hands on his waist. I moved them to his arms and told him to come with me, as I wouldn't let him stay alone for an entire day. He glanced back at me even more confused and then saw his eyes losing his focus for a moment, him wavering badly the next moment and he suddenly blacked out after that. Oh my God, that scared me shitless and I almost panicked on the spot.

"Travis," I called, but he didn't answer, so I went to call for him another time, yet stopped. I then heard his soft and calm breathing, inhaling and exhaling deeply and calmly. I sighed out in relief, realizing he hadn't fainted or felt bad but just basically fallen asleep out of tiredness.

I think in that moment I let out two very different sounds: I first snarled and then chuckled at the entire situation.

I had snarled viciously at the thought of Collins and at the fact he dared to do this to Travis, leaving a faint bruise on his face; and I chuckled somehow very relieved at the sight of him now peacefully resting in my arms, his head slipping to the side still resting on me comfortably. I lifted Travis in my arms slowly and placed him in my car, careful to not wake him, strapping his seat belt and making sure he was seated at ease; after that, I drove to my house.

My dad was at home today, no training or practice for at least one day, as it was the team's free day. I wondered what he would say or do after seeing Travis, which wasn't the usual friend I had brought normally home, such as Derek and River, or Hayden and Dima, who would spend the whole time talking in Russian with my dad, asking him about hockey and other things. Travis was someone completely different and I was sure at first his style could appear very much out of ordinary and weird in my dad's eyes, mostly used to my friends.

But that didn't mean anything bad about my father, though. He sure was a traditional, old-fashioned man in some ways, raising us in a certain manner that never spoilt us, giving us a mixture of strict and loving, supporting education, for he was a family man down to his marrow, a true father and husband, believing and holding on very strong and important values. Yeah, he was that, but he wasn't a judgmental man with narrow-minded ideas or having any sort of prejudice. That's why both River and Nichole loved him. And why I loved and respected my dad very much.

I managed to open the door while carrying Travis in my arms and that wasn't easy at all. When I swung it open, I kicked my shoes away in the entrance, and I immediately went for the living room, to lay Travis down on one of our sofas. My father was there, re-watching a hockey match – what a news – and possibly studying the adversary team and see their weak points. Yeah, he was the coach of the New York Ranger's ice-hockey team and he was one of the best they ever had; this had been several times reported on the sport magazines and said during interviews, something that made me very proud of him but also that increased my admiration, wanting to take him as example in terms of possible future career.

He greeted me in Russian, without setting his eyes off the TV, but then he straightened his back and turned to look at me, as if his instinct told him so. He saw me carrying Travis still deeply sleeping in my arms and I sure didn't miss the shock and confusion spreading on his face. He sprung up on his feet and darted to me immediately, wanting to help.

"Sasha, what happened? Are you OK? Is he alright?" He asked in fast and concerned Russian, for whenever it was just us, the three of us, my brother, father and myself spoke our mother language together.

"Yeah, dad, I am fine," I replied quietly, afraid of waking Travis up. "He just fell asleep, as let's say he had a bad day." Yeah, no need to get yet into details.

"I see. Put him down on the couch," he spoke with soft voice, and then he immediately went to check for his pulse and touch his skin, sighing as he felt everything seemed fine. "Is he...your friend, son?" I knew he was rather confused, for he had never met anyone else aside my best friends and, on some very rare occasions, some of my hockey teammates. I never introduced him any of my girlfriends and he never asked me about that, knowing I would never mess around or be an idiot.

"Sort of," I answered, which wasn't a very clever reply, I might add, seeing his expression.

"What do you mean, sort of?" He demanded and I noticed Travis mumbling in his sleep, so I threw quite a glare at my father.

"Dad, lower, will you? Don't wake him up," I muttered very quietly, and he arched his brows, staring at me disoriented at first, moving his same clear blue eyes from me to Travis, and then he changed his expression into an amused and strange one I couldn't understand. I casted him a what-is-it look, and he simply shook his head. I shrugged and decided to let it go, as I had no patience or time to ask him. I leaned closer to Travis and checked if he was really fine, seeing him sleeping so soundly I doubted even a bomb would have woken him up in that moment.

"Don't worry about him, Sasha, he's fine and just profoundly asleep," my father said surprising me, and I said nothing, so he went on. "What happened to him? Are you really fine?"

I knew he was concerned about me and about my temper, well aware of my anger management issues, but he also knew I wasn't a jerk going around to look for easy fights, getting myself in certain situations to reduce or alleviate the pressure with which the rage sometimes burdened me. I looked at dad and yeah, I had to explain him somehow, and he wasn't going to like it.

"He helped out a kid in school a couple of weeks ago and then right away confronted that Collins bastard," I said and his name made me cringe with anger, reaction my dad didn't miss, already knowing that piece of shit and what he did in school. He didn't say anything and patiently let me go on, so I briefly explained him everything and then told him I didn't want to leave Travis at home alone, knowing his mother was away for a few days on a business trip. He very much approved of my choice.

I sighed out to keep calm, because just at remembering what happened made my blood boil and my anger twitched a couple of times, making me crack my neck to suppress it. My dad looked at me first and then at him, and I saw him shaking his head in disbelief and disappointment, which weren't aimed at me, of course. That, I knew very well.

"How could they do that? Why the school has not taken yet measures against these students you keep mentioning?" He asked, as I knew how much he hated any form of bullying and that sort of bullshit. As I said, he held strong and honest values, and he had ran programs for kids being bullied in schools or under other circumstances, trying to help them either through sport or counselling, which really made him a well-respected and admired figure in the sport panorama of New York, for he was completely sincere in that.

"Well dad, he however isn't as defenseless as you may think," I said, grinning at the thought and remembering how he had barked at me inside the pickup, and dad, seeing me like that chuckled as well.

"Is he? That is a very good trait, then, something that will always help in life in many different circumstances," he commented, and I just nodded, then his eyes were set firmly on me. "So, why sort of friend?" God, I knew he didn't like not receiving proper and clear answers to his questions and mine had been very stupid and rather lame.

"We only met a few weeks ago and so, I don't really know him that well, that's why," I answered pretty much honestly, and he nodded at that.

"It is probably better if you take him to a quieter room, because your brother will be back very soon and we both know how chatty he can be when he comes back from college."

"I'll take Travis to my room then, so I can keep an eye on him while I train a bit."

"Very well, son," he said. "Do you want me to make something to eat, are you hungry?"

I thought about it for a moment and I realized I was hungry big time, quite on the starving side to be honest.

"Yeah, thanks dad, I actually am."

I very carefully took Travis back in my arms and carried him up the stairs, reaching my bedroom and kicking the door open. I laid Travis down on my bed, placing a pillow under his head, and observed him for a few seconds, for then considering he might not be so comfortable while sleeping with the combat boots I hadn't removed yet. So, slowly and delicately I went to do so, and when it was done, I stood up and took in the view of him. He really must had been worn out to keep sleeping in the meanwhile, no matter what happened around him and with me carrying him around already twice.

He lay there, on my bed, his silky silver-white hair scattered over his forehead and eyes, resting over my pillow, punk-style trousers wrapped around his long and firm legs, showing the lines of his muscles. He was some view without any doubt, and I stared at him more, wanting to get closer and touch him. Shit. He shifted on the bed a bit and rolled on one side, looking now very peaceful, one hand clutching my pillow tightly. I wasn't sure about it, but before I thought I saw something shining in his mouth. Was it a piercing for real? I already asked this to myself, another thing that triggered my curiosity about him and that if true, would be very exciting. I chuckled at the idea, for it seemed very possible for him, suiting him just perfectly.

Without giving much thought to it, I sat for a moment beside him and brushed his hair away from his eyes, feeling it very silky and being hit by its scent. He slightly moved and smiled in his sleep, and I wondered why he did that. Did he feel my touch and maybe mistook it for someone else's touch? The idea was a very dumb and dangerous one, because it spiked new irritation in me, to which I suddenly stood up and went for the door. I really had to confront this mess inside of me. After another quick look, him still sleeping soundly, I left the room and went to eat something, as I needed it very much.

My dad was moving in the kitchen and when he saw me, he smiled quite amused. What was that? There was absolutely nothing to be abused about, so I gave him a questioning glare and he only shook his head.

"Your friend looks, well...how to phrase it correctly?"

"Weird?" I tried to say for him, but he chuckled softly against shaking his head, as he handed me the ready big and wonderfully stuffed sandwiches. I bit into one without wasting time and in a few seconds, it was gone.

"No, no. I wouldn't say weird, but maybe different. Yes, this is the right word I would use. Different from your other friends." Oh, that was for sure.

"Yeah, he is someone quite different," I conceded, and he sat beside me also eating a sandwich he had prepared.

Travis was very different than my other friends, absolutely, and in many unique ways. What dad said couldn't be any truer.

I helped my dad clean up the kitchen and then went upstairs, for I didn't want having Travis to wake up alone in someone's else bedroom. He had freaked out enough for today and he needed no extra surprises.

However, as I silently stepped in my room, Travis was still sleeping very deeply, right in the middle of my very large bed. Yeah, I was big and tall and thus, I needed a really comfortable and large bed. I eyed my bench press and given today I skipped hockey, I decided to do some weightlifting and sit-ups, reminding myself today should have been chest day. I took off my shirt and my jeans, threw them on the armchair beside my bed and wore some old basketball shorts and a t-shirt.

After a while I was lifting the barbell with the heavy bumpers attached to it, I felt much better, like pushing away my rage and frustration, but probably that was also because of Travis' presence as well. His breathing was extremely quiet and soft and the only thing he did was sometime to roll from one side to another, his hands grabbing my pillow tightly, the side of his face resting on it. I knew it would smell of him later on and the thought somehow triggered quite the reaction in me, feeling the same tightness I experienced when I had to jerk myself off in the shower. I halted the barbell midair, my eyes going to look at his sleeping figure and again, the same feeling of having a wild and fierce beast pacing inside of my mind, of my guts stirred very strongly. It was different though and I noticed how much I liked seeing him there peaceful and safe, how the idea of my pillow smelling of him pleased me.

My eyes closed a moment to process all of that. Travis was a guy and I never ever thought of having such emotions or feeling attraction for someone of my same sex; such strong and incomprehensible attraction for someone in general, picturing the both of us doing things I swear I never had the need or crave for. Sort of realizing this wasn't easy at all and I never expected it. I had to keep training.

I kept going for some time, until I completed the sequences I had planned, then doing some deadlift but being very quiet, and after I switched to sit-ups for a longer while. I still had more left in me, so I went back again on lifting the barbell, changing rhythm and sequences, going faster with lighter weights mostly to work on liberating my mood completely.

Next to probably almost two hours, I heard Travis moving on my bed and murmuring something incoherent and that I couldn't understand, for then listening a clear and grunted "fuck." I placed the barbell down and turned to the bed, seeing him getting up too fast. He fell back on it the next moment, grumbling out something more and frowning disoriented.

He then looked at me completely confused and pretty much bewildered but thank God not in a freaked-out or scared way; his eyes ranked me with a wide ink-black stare, his gaze travelling on my entire body and then locking into my eyes.

"You shouldn't get up that fast, take it easy. You collapsed out of tiredness," I told him calmly and at first, he didn't answer, just once more keeping looking at me. No. More likely, staring at me very intently and that didn't bother me one bit. In fact, I liked it, because in his case, it was all connected to his self-confidence and it had nothing to do with arrogance. I sat up and walked to my bed, sitting right there beside him.

"Where am I?" He asked very confused with slightly groggy voice, massaging his forehead and trying to fix his hair. Yeah, he truly was vain, and I didn't mind that. Then again, something shone in his mouth. I had really to ask him later about that.

"You don't remember what happened?" He thought about it for a few seconds and then shook his white head, his eyes still firmly set on me. I wasn't sure he realized how intensely he was staring at me.

"Not everything," he admitted, looking around and trying to figure it out.

"You are in my bedroom, as you basically collapsed in front of the main door of where you live, and I decided to take you here because no way I would have left you there alone." He looked away after listening to that and I heard him murmur a quiet "hell". I liked his colorful way of expressing himself, it rendered him even more unique.

"Well, hell, thank you very much, Alex, I really mean it," he then finally spoke more normally, and I smiled at him, seeing he did the same.

Shit, his smile was really gorgeous, and his eyes shone like deep black jewels, creating quite a contrast with his bleached hair and naturally pale, smooth skin. He sat up on the bed and, without realizing it, we were then facing each other quite closely, and again, the scent of his cologne and of him hit me badly.

"What were you doing?" He asked, eyeing my worn-off t-shirt and then my arms, where the veins were bulging more than usual due to the training I had just done. The muscles were more pumped right after weightlifting and he lingered his stare longer on them.

"Weightlifting, because I skipped practice today," I explained and he widened his eyes, gasping out loudly.

"Damn it, that was my fault, wasn't it? I am so sorry, Sasha, I-I can imagine how much you hate missing hockey practice, and argh, that was all because of that peanut-size-brain moron and his band of assholes," he ranted out nervous and very quickly, in evident rage, and another thing I noticed about him: he could talk very, very fast. Yet, I grinned at how he had called me: Sasha. Only a few people called me like that, and I allowed only a few people to do so. I had told him he could do it, because I don't know, it felt right.

"It's OK, Travis, really, just don't worry about it. It simply means that for today I won't kick my teammates' ass," I joked feeling relaxed around him and he spontaneously chuckled at that, for then freezing.

"What time is it?" He asked suddenly and searching around for his phone.

"Not sure, probably past six thirty or so." I was confused on why he was so nervous right then.

"Oh great, fucking great," he swore out. "Natalia is going to kill me tomorrow! I have to call her or send her a message."

"Natalia?" I asked a bit too curtly, but he didn't notice my tone of voice. Who was this Natalia? That sort of annoyed me.

"Natalia is my dance instructor, my amazing and super talented teacher, but she can be a real bitchy boss sometimes and she was sick and then arranged for us, especially for me, some practice with her assistance at the studio today, and I just missed it without saying anything."

Oh OK, that explained quite a lot about him, about his elegant and graceful demeanor and way of walking around, his slender but structured muscles, his perfect and sinuous back, his round and perfect ass. God, perfect ass? Yeah, perfectly round ass I wished to...goddamn it, what was I thinking about right there in front of him?

I looked for his backpack to distract myself from such thought and handed it to him; he searched for his phone and then made a call. I heard someone shrieking at the other side of the phone and his eyes widened, his teeth biting his lower lip probably not to swear back. There was something in that action that stirring me once more, so I shook my head to let it go and took his hand, seeing he almost jumped out of his skin. His reaction made me chuckle and I very quietly advised him to explain everything, as it seemed the easiest solution. He got it and went for that at once. I heard him repeating he was fine something like hundred times, while he rolled his eyes another hundred times, at one point making rather annoyed expressions. After replying another few questions, he was done, his lips tilting up in quite a beautiful yet mischievous smile.

"Hell, that Collins jerk just made a brand-new enemy," he joked visibly amused, running his fingers through his white hair.

Well, that asshole sure had to expect dangerous and painful consequences and payback from me.

That was a promise.

A very short-term and due promise.

Author's chit-chat:

What are your thoughts, reactions, impressions or emotions about this chapter? Didn't I say things would step forward? Are they actually stepping forward? Let us see more with the story.

Out Travis sure had quite a tough day and everything weighted down on him suddenly. What do you think happened to him? What are those past memories he mentions? Any idea?

What's your guess on their reactions once Aleksandr will discover Travis' piercing? Who knows...right? I think they both made clear about their own issues with acknowledging such unexpected attraction, Sasha afraid and somehow blocked by his own matters and Travis sort of scared by others.

Falling in love is never easy or so immediate. Even love at first sight has its own struggles.

Stay tuned on Witchy and her Cat for more!

Lots of Love, Magic, Hugs & Meows,
-TheWitchAndTheCat-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 76.6K 28
Elliot is, and has always been, stuck in his home town. Sure, it's a fairly large city. Sure, all his family and friends are there. Sure, he has a jo...
1.1M 59.2K 16
[Book 8] Xenon, one of the last remaining Atlantean gods, loathes gods and higher ups. It's why he prefers the company of much lesser demons. One par...
1.4M 55.2K 33
The seven deadly sins with a shambling twist. It has been one hundred days since the zombies claimed the world. Cash, along with forty-two survivors...
1.5M 83.9K 83
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...