Vol 2 ~ What if I ain't no Vi...

By rin_rin40

My second volume of one-shot and short stories of parallel worlds about Twoset Violinists Brett and Eddy. Wha... More

1. Twoset Banker
2. Twoset Searchers VIII (Warren's story 1)
3. Twoset Searchers IX (Warren's story 2)
4. Twoset Searchers X (Warren's story 3)
5. Twoset Searchers XI
10. Twoset Gap Moe
11. Twoset Gap Moe II
13. Twoset Gap Moe IV
6. Twoset Tutoring II (Brett's voice?)
7. Twoset Tutoring III (Brett's voice? 2)
8. Twoset Tutoring IV (Brett's voice? 3)
9. Twoset Tutoring V (Brett's voice? 4)
14. Twoset Tutoring VI (Brett's voice!) - bonus chapter
15. Twoset Traceurs IV - fight like an old couple, make up like newly weds
16. Twoset Gloved
17. Twoset Gloved II
18. Twoset Gloved III
19. Twoset Gloved IV
20. Twoset Gloved V
21. Twoset Gloved VI
22. Twoset Gloved VII
23. Twoset Gloved VIII
24. Twoset Gloved IX
25. Twoset Gloved X
26. Twoset Psychic VI (Halloween episode)
27. Twoset Choreographers
28. Twoset Choreographers II
29. Twoset Choreographers III
30. Twoset Choreographers IV
31. Twoset Choreographers V
32. Twoset Choreographers VI
33. Twoset Choreographers VII
34. Twoset Choreographers VIII
35. Twoset Choreographers IX
36. Twoset Choreographers X
37. Post Quarantine

12. Twoset Gap Moe III

89 9 5
By rin_rin40

"..Just how many was that, Brett?"

"Three."

Brett picked up his teaspoon and started stirring his coffee after he had added three packets of sugar to it.

The two had entered a nearby cafe to have coffee and dessert.

"..So Brett, you like your coffee sweet?"

"Hmm, I guess it depends on my mood of what I feel like..."

"Your mood?"

Brett blushed. Eddy furrowed his brows.

"...Brett? Why are you blushing?"

"What? I'm not blushing."

"Um, I think you are? So.. you're in some kinda mood for something sweet ?"

"Oh my god, Eddy, please stop."

Eddy was puzzled. He had no idea why Brett was embarrassed. So the guy liked sweet and hot beverages, what was the big deal?

"Brett, I don't understand. So you're in the mood for a sweet and hot drink? What's the big deal with that?"

Eddy couldn't believe it was possible but Brett's face went even redder.

"Brett, have I missed something?"

"No... but can we please just drop it?"

Eddy shrugged.

"Okay.. sure."

It was rather strange. It wasn't weird or anything, just unusual. And very intriguing.

"Thank you for waiting guys, here are your desserts."

The waitress placed a small strawberry mousse in front of Brett and a ginormous chocolate mud cake in front of Eddy. Eddy's eyes widened.

"F*ck, that is huge."

Brett shrugged and smiled at the petite and pink dessert served in a little glass.

"How cute is this?"

They then looked up and looked at each other and started laughing.

They then swapped plates.

The ginormous chocolate mud cake housed itself on a large dinner plate. Once it was placed in front of its rightful owner, Brett happily exclaimed;

"This looks great..!"

Eddy agreed with Brett. But he could not see himself ever finishing a desert at such epic proportions. He momentarily thought he could not see Brett finish it either, but of course once Brett started putting dainty mouthfuls of chocolate cake into his mouth, he happily savoured every single bite till it was all gone. It reminded Eddy of the famous quote: "there is only one way to eat an elephant: a bite at a time".

"What is it, Eddy?"

"Sorry? I beg your pardon?"

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Oh. Sorry. I was just.. admiring how you eat your cake."

"What? Why?"

"You just look so happy when you eat. It's kinda sweet."

"Kinda sweet?"

"Well.. really sweet, really."

Eddy bit his lower lip.

"Sorry.. Brett that was probably inappropriate of me to say that."

Geez, I work with the guy and I haven't even spent one working day with him yet...!  I don't want to come across as unprofessional.

Brett quickly shook his head.

"Oh, no, no, I don't mind you saying that. I mean, I would get kinda embarrassed if someone made a really big deal out of it.. but I didn't mind what you said at all. I mean, it was kinda sweet."

Eddy smiled.

Yeah, sweet alright.

Brett paid for the coffee and desserts and they left the cafe.

"Thanks for dessert and coffee Brett. And the dinner choices were great, too. I had a great night, thank you."

Eddy almost couldn't believe he had just met Brett in person for the first time today. He got to know a lot about him and he had such a pleasant evening.

"Hey, no problems. So how are you getting home?"

"I can catch the bus from the bus stop over there.. I've got.. about 15 minutes till it arrives.. hey I might go and grab a bottle of water from that convenience store.."

"Good idea, I'll go with you..."

"What would you like Eddy? Just plain water?"

"Actually I prefer sparkling, unsweetened and unflavoured."

"That actually sounds kinda nice, I might try one of those as well. Which one are you getting? Grab two instead Eddy?"

That's when the duo heard the voice.

"What do you mean you can't sell me any ciggies!?!?"

"I need to see some ID please, sir"

"What the f*ck, you think I'm underaged ?!"

Brett and Eddy slowly turned towards the cash register. They both frowned to see an irate young man yelling at the young shop worker.

Brett whispered;

"Stay here Eddy. If he comes down this way, move away. Always stay at least 3 meters away from him, always. So that he can't grab you. You can leave the shop and go outside, okay?"

And with that, Brett slowly walked up towards the young man.

Eddy furrowed his brows.

Go.. outside..? Leave Brett with that guy in the shop and leave!?

Eddy didn't think he could do that.

"May I help you?"

"..You work here?"

"Actually, no but you sound like you have a bit of a problem."

"I just wanna packet of cigarettes and this ars*hole won't sell me any!!"

"Oh, I think he would if he got to see your proof of age?"

"Oh c'mon who gets asked that these days?!"

"Well actually.. I get asked all the time.."

"Of course you bloody would, you're still underaged!"

"Mate, I'm 29."

Eddy's jaw dropped.

Bullsh*t he's can't be.

"Bullsh*t you are."

Eddy rolled his eyes as he cringed.

Even the drunk guy agrees with me.

"No bull."

"But I don't have any ID on me! I just wanna packet of cigarettes!!"

"Oh c'mon you know that's not possible, you gotta show ID if they ask for it."

"Why the hell do they have to ask me then!!??"

The drunk man slammed on the counter, then swepted his arm the length of the bench, bulldozing the packets of chewing gum and lollies off the counter. They fell to the floor making a huge mess.

"Hey... c'mon there's not much point doing that..."

"...And who do you think you are telling me off, huh !?"

Brett raised his hands, showing his palms.

"Hey.. I don't want any trouble.."

"Well then maybe you should've kept your f*ckin' mouth shut...!!"

The drunk youth was as tall as Eddy but wider and he approached Brett, looking as if he was to grab the smaller violinist. Brett showed the palms of his hands as he quickly walked backwards. Eddy realised if he stayed where he was Brett was going to walk right into him and so Eddy also started to walk away. He then furrowed his brows as he noticed Brett was gradually raising his hands.

"..and.. one.. two.. three.. four..and one and two and three and four.."

Eddy's eyes widened as Brett slowly started counting, snapping his fingers on his right hand to each count. As he neared Eddy, Brett used his left hand to subtlely signal him, pointing towards the door.

Eddy complied. The shop assistant must have buzzed for security as just as Eddy stepped out of the convenience store, he saw an enormous security guard approaching.

"You guys buzzed me?"

Eddy furrowed his brows in question but Brett was next to leave the shop, then the drunk guy. When the drunk guy saw the man in uniform approaching, he quickly turned the other way and sprinted off.

"Guys, was he causing trouble?"

Eddy looked at the security guard, then at Brett. Brett replied;

"He was under the influence. Refused to show proof of age, caused disturbance and damage to property. He ran away but there is a good mug shot of him, looking straight up at the camera at the back of the shop."

Eddy's eyes widened for the umpteenth time for the night.

Is that why he snapped his fingers with his hand up.. so that he'd look up.. at the camera...!?

The security guard went inside the convenience store to chat with the store assistant. Brett quickly took Eddy's hand and said;

"Hey, let's go."

And he led him away from the convenience shop.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 21 11
Welcome to my angsty oneshot book! This books will be rarely updated but I hope you guys like it! P.S. If you're the real twosetviolin, please read i...
12.9K 635 20
an alternate universe where brett and eddy are classmates in music college, who do not know each other a single bit, yet they fall in love with each...
1.1K 52 19
[COMPLETED] Brett and Eddy are firefighters. Brett is a zookeeper, Eddy is a concertmaster. Brett and Eddy are martial arts instructors. They are alw...
2.1K 126 10
[COMPLETED] Eddy just turned 18. He is drawn to Brett, who seems to know all the answers to life's difficult questions. Eddy wants to be just like...