love letters- jess mariano

By theogmrsdarcy

when new yorker sabrina collins moves to a small town in connecticut and begins a journey with a certain trou... More

cast
playlist
1. the night we met
3. girl next door
4. there she goes
5. bad reputation
6. brutal
7. it's nice to have a friend
8. show them you're all grown up
9. the way i loved you
10. somewhere only we know
11. iris
12. my kind of woman
13. happiness is a butterfly
14. teenage dirtbag
15. except you, you can stay
16. out of the woods
17. grease
18. backstabber
19. all too well
20. knowing me, knowing you
21. girls just wanna have fun
22. this is what you came for
23. the 1
24. hey there delilah
25. brooklyn baby
26. lover
authors note

2. i'll see you again

6.2K 128 46
By theogmrsdarcy

i woke up and went straight to my bathroom to get washed and brush my teeth ready for school.

i attended a private school, since my grandparents insisted i had the best education in the city. i wasn't super popular in school, but i was well-known.

i preferred to just stay out of large friendship circles. i might of seemed like a loner, but i enjoyed sitting with a good book or my music much more.

i went back into my room and grabbed my uniform from my closet and got changed.

i put my hair up in a french twist, secured it with a hair clip and then grabbed my eyeliner and l smudged it around my eyes with a wing to finish it off.

i then walked downstairs, where my mom was sat stitching her finishing piece.

we had mannequins all around the house of amazing clothes my mom had made, but unfortunately i was the only one who wore them.

i always told her she needed to open her own boutique but she never listened.

"hey sweetie." she smiled moving her glasses down her nose and looking at me.

"hey." i replied, as i sat down on the bar stool.

"do you want some breakfast?" she asked me, as she stood up from where she was sat.

"yeah, could i just have some fruit."

"of course, honey." she smiled.

i watched my mother move around the room preparing me some fresh fruit and my essential morning coffee.

i knew i was very privileged. i came from a wealthy family and was lucky enough to live in a stunning town house, with my mother and father. i just had a haunting feeling that something wasn't quite right.

it all stemmed from seeing my dad asleep on the couch last night. multiple reasons on why he was there were lingering in my mind.

i cleared my throat, as she placed my bowl down in front of me. "mom, why was dad asleep on the couch?" i asked her, i began
feeling nervous for her answer. maybe i should have just remained quiet.

i prepared myself for whatever this news would be with the worst case scenario. it seemed unlikely, but i had to be ready for the worst.

what if he just came back late and didn't want to wake her? what if they had a small fight? but then what if something worse had happened, what if they were separating.

i watched her eyebrows raise, almost as if she was hiding something from me. she moved to sit with me, before she placed her hand on top of mine to try and comfort me in some way.

"we were going to tell you together, but i might as well just tell you." she sighed gently rubbing my hand with her thumb in a nurturing way. "me and your father are getting a divorce." she revealed, as my heart sank right to the bottom of my stomach and i began to feel hot. my worst case scenario, was now my reality.

my eyes began to gloss over, as i quickly stood up. i felt my throat get tighter, feeling as if i could no longer breathe. i felt like someone was strangling me and there was no escape.

"sweetie, i know this is probably going to be hard for you and if you want to-"

"no!" i exclaimed, finally i could talk. "i'm okay." i nodded. "i'm just late for school." i said with a fake smile.

"i can drive you, if you want." she suggested.

no. that wouldn't be a good idea. i needed to get out of there.

"no, it's okay i'm meeting my friend at the bus stop."

"well bye, honey." she yelled, as i shut the door behind me.

-

i stepped onto the bus. i smiled politely at the bus driver, before making my way up the steps to find a seat.

i sat myself down and placed my school bag in the seat next to me. all different reasons for this whole thing were running through my head. what had happened? was i so stupid to not notice my parents unhappy? was it my fault?

as the bus began to move, i kept my head fixated to the window. my eyes resembled glass, as tears slowly rolled down my perfectly made up cheeks.

"hey stranger," i heard someone say standing in the aisle facing me. they had a distinct voice that i knew i recognised.

i slowly turned around and saw it was jess, the guy i met on the bus the night before.

"hey, you." i said, as the frown that was on my face automatically turned into a smile.

"can i sit?" he asked, as i nodded.

i moved my bag over onto my lap, so he had space to sit down. he wasn't wearing any uniform, just the same leather jacket as the night before.

"so." he awkwardly said. "nice uniform," he mocked looking at me.

"oh, shut up." i laughed softly shaking my head at his comment. "you know, i didn't think i'd see you again, but here we are" i smiled looking at him.

"yes, here we are and i don't even know your name." he pointed out. "your fault by the way."

"i'm sorry.". i gasped sarcastically. "my name is sabrina." i revealed.

the bus slowly came to a stop, as he stood up. "well, sabrina i'll see you around." he told me, before he walking off the bus.

"hold on, you're leaving?" i questioned, as i also stood up and followed him down the steps of the bus.

"yeah, this is my stop."

"well, shall i give you my number or something?"

"no, it's okay," he told me turning around. "you'll see me again." he nodded, before walking off.

my mouth dropped, as i watched him leave. i was shocked i was not expecting that.

i shook my head, as i walked back up to my seat. i decided to get my book out to read, but when i looked it wasn't there.

"what?" i mumbled to myself. i could've sworn i packed it, but after the morning i had i wasn't surprised if i had just forgotten it.

-

school of course was a drag, but i knew i didn't want to go home, so i headed to my favourite book store on the corner of the street.

it was like something from a movie, as soon as you stepped in you felt like you had been taken to an alternate universe where all your problems had been lifted and you didn't have to worry anymore.

the brown wooden floorboards matched the wooden shelves, with hundreds of timeless classics sitting there collecting dust. i was sure that i was one of the only people keeping it in business. i wish it got more recognition, especially for the owner, jean's sake, but at the same time i selfishly didn't, because it meant i had full reign of it.

the bell rang, as i walked through the door and jean greeted me.

"sabrina, how are you?" he smiled happily. jean was french and was quite old, but still had so much life in him. he was that comforting type, the type that reminded you of your grandpa.

"i'm alright," i sighed. "i'm looking for a book that can help just escape everything for little while." i explained to him.

"i have the perfect thing." he smiled, as he walked over to one of the shelves.

"try this." he smiled handing me the great gatsby. "it's a timeless novel and the glamor of the twenties will whisk you away." he passionately told me, using his hands to exaggerate.

"thank you." i smiled at him, before reaching in my bag to grab my money to give to him.

"no, please," he told me refusing the money. "it's a gift." he smiled.

"no, no, please let me give you the money."

i felt awful not paying him, i tried my best to give him the money.

"no, take it." he demanded.

"thank you." i smiled at him, before saying goodbye and catching the next bus to the dreaded place called home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.6K 2.1K 29
๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ก๐š๐ ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐š ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐š๐๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ. ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ...
78.1K 1.2K 29
๐™ด๐šก๐š๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š ๐™ณ๐šŽ๐šœ๐šŒ๐š›๐š’๐š™๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— ๐™ธ๐š—๐šœ๐š’๐š๐šŽ: ๐š ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š™๐š™๐šŽ๐š—๐šœ ๐š ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š— ๐šŠ๐šœ๐š‘๐š๐š˜๐š— ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š› ๐š‹๐šŠ๐š—๐š, ๐šœ๐šž๐š—๐šœ๐šŽ๐š ๐šŒ๐šž๐š›๐šŸ๐šŽ...
391K 8.5K 27
Charlie tries to hide his feelings for his co-star Saige but it gets harder and harder the more he spends time with her.
287K 4.1K 21
Pogue falls for kook. Simple. Edited and finished Highest ranking #1 in OBX #1 topper #1 rafe #1 Sarah #2 maybanks #4 John b