Sacrifices

By brownta2705

A 27-year-old German woman named Carla Larrson has to come face to face with her father. Which doesn't sound... More

Work and family
Past Regrets
An Awkward Party
Reflection and Change
Not Ready
Closure
All on the TABLE
The worst part
Was this right
Changes
A real family
Advice
Getting Help
Perspective
Hope
Separate
Complicated (PT.1)
Complicated (PT.2)
Connections
Thank you note
Secret flowers Pt.1
Not a chapter
New ideas/ not a chapter

Doing this together

13 0 0
By brownta2705

 (Carla POV)   

                            As Clotilda and I made it to the house we walked in together hand in hand I opened the door letting her walk through first the feelings before not leaving either of us yet.' I wish the walk was longer than it felt, it feels like the emotions I felt before just got stronger.' as I walked with her into the living room we sat together are hands finally coming apart from one and another as we sat staring at each other's eyes I could see just like me the feeling got worse for her to. The silence we sat in felt nice and almost comforting if it wasn't for the terrible taste that was stuck to my tongue but I couldn't get choked up now I need to tell her."I want you to know none of this has is your fault you had nothing to do with this, you probably weren't even born when most of this happened so know you aren't the course of this." She looks relieved but doubtful almost as if she was worried like she felt as though she played a part in my pain to be forced to see him again.

                                            She turned her body to face me almost waiting for me to start speaking to help the tension, but she spoke instead. "I know the only reason you stuck seeing him is because of me. Why did you choose to put up with him, with me for so long."I brought her into a tight embrace astounded at how she could think I was just putting up with her I loved her more than anything almost seeing her as my own now."Clotilda never says something like that I'm not just putting up with you I love you so much. My problems with Sebastian have nothing to do with you. I took care and did everything in my power to make you happy because I knew you deserved so much more I wanted you to make your future because I couldn't."I stared into her big blue ocean eye a mix of moms and dads, her ember green and his dark blue eyes shine in Clotilda irises she was always so beautiful, she looks like me when I was younger when my eyes held such a glow of light and passion. Curios and wondering her eyes scanned my face almost looking for an answer for an unsaid question I couldn't help but smile my hand holding her soft cheek taking in her features."I don't want to hide any more than I already have from you so when everyone gets back we'll talk about this together so you can understand better."She smiled knowing that she had more time to think over everything and wouldn't have to face this alone, I know she was scared of everything changing."I want you to know that I will always pick you over anyone whether that is dad, Maud, Scarlett everyone."She pulled into a tight hug and smiled her dimples showing and her freckles curling into her cheek."I love you so much."

                         (Clotilda POV)

                                              Seeing Carla so panicked at the thought of talking scared me more than any talk we've had I couldn't push down the feeling of throwing up. I woke up I probably wasn't even asleep for more than 20-30 minutes from what the clock showed, the light that showed from the cracked door that lead to a small part of the upstairs hallway with the hall light on. I cracked my back getting out of bed almost fully awake now going to the door I heard talking wanting to know what was going on and who exactly was speaking downstairs. Wanting to know but not be noticed I crept to the edge of where the stairs curved and met with the hallway part of it covering in the middle and about a 2-4 foot space of railing to hide.                                                                                           (Something like this and the picture at the top but with gold and silver.)

                      As I hid from who was talking I knew Carla would not condone this but, I couldn't help it I became curious over the smallest things and I can't help but want to see what I'm missing out on. So I lightly made my way to the edge that was blocked by the staircase 

I could lightly see two shadows I got used to spying on Carla when I was younger living with my new sisters who seemed to be no more than unidentified newfound friends that were now a part of my family tree. She was so much like me but so different from her eye color to how she kept her composer she was always so calm.'You should be just like her. You just like her. You sure your not Carla's daughter, not even just a mini-double.'I heard it all and from the way dad talks so highly of her I guess all of those things all the people who told me I'm like her made me want to be her. I love her so much, she respects me, treats me like I'm her own every family-related thing I have one of the biggest says in and. I can't help but feel almost spoiled by her love and her natural instinct to be there for me. When dad didn't show up for my birthday for 2 years in a row she was there to tell me he'll be here next year, don't worry I'll have everyone come over and you can open some of your gifts early I'll make sure he comes in next year. I'd never heard Carla raise her voice or even get genuinely upset yes she has yelled at me before but almost in a soft your, not in trouble tone to make me understand what I did but this was different by a mile her voice was so distraught and empty,  I just can't handle what I was hearing wanting to tune out the conversation I but still sitting still and listening against my better judgment.                                                                                                                                                                       

                                    She yelled at him that she is giving him a chance and he is pushing his luck and that if he won't step up and try harder for me then he doesn't deserve to be given any more chances and she'll just give up on him as she should've. And I guess after that I just became more interested in her and dad's relationship how they could really be if they were left to talk alone, just then, and their feelings for them to be upfront with each other. I could tell something about dad always bugged her was it his accent, his hair, eyes, faded freckles that made her hate him.No she doesn't hate him just avoids him, but you really only do that to someone you can't stand or someone your scared of but she wasn't scared more or less angry.

                    (Carla POV) 

                                           I sat there with Clotilda as she stared into space and for once my curiosity got the better of me, I grabbed her hand into a light hold and looked her in the eyes."Is something wrong, if you aren't ready we don't have to do this?" She looked surprised at first then just smiled, I could tell something wasn't right when she wanted to be secretive she could and I could tell it was at its peak at this moment. "I'm fine don't worry, even if I wasn't I can't let this go without being noticed. It's not right to you, you deserve clarity (As in her and their dad's past coming to the light, to help her) for this, for everything that happened to you. You probably already know this but you are like a mom to me, losing my connection with dad will suck but your feeling and respect for yourself are more important than anyone okay you come first. I love dad, Maud, and all the others but you two come first you and Maud have always been there I can't overlook this and even more, if it affects Maud as well. You've always done what you thought was best for me even hiding your pain so let me help you, find the peace you've been needing."

                             I could almost feel tears coming to my eyes as she spoke, there was only one person that had spoken to me in such a soft forgotten tone. A voice I wanted to hear again for years I can't handle these feelings of closure the dead should not have such an effect on the world but we see it in history over and over, even though I beg for the world to stop being so cruel by showing me something I can never active that true happiness is far behind me now so why now. As Clotilda and I waited for the others to talk we started dinner her cutting the vegetables, me preparing the meat cutting fat seasoning it doing the usual stuff we would do any other day. But this is different I know it is and that's why doing this feels so alienating to be doing the simplest task like we do every week but no talking, laughing, just silence and that unavoidable saddens would soon fill the house came. As we finished cooking cleaning the others walked in through the front door, coming around the corner door that lead to the living room Scarlett came through seeing us finishing up, and went in for a hug but could see a strange tension and knowing the reason they left that mourning she pulled back turning to Clotilda seeing she looked in a similar way she tried to avoid it."So what did you make." I gave her a smile and said." We made chicken, with sliced potatoes, green onion, bell pepper, and gravy on top. I was thinking that if Sebastian doesn't want this he can starve but I made sauerbraten for him as a backup. And I wanted some too. "After dinner, things might get messy will be having the talk after, I don't want you to feel like you guys have to join but if you do hear a warning could you also tell Alex it's best to not leave him of all people in the dark." She gave a look of surprise, then realization, and sympathy, as she thought about all the things that seemed off today all at once."We'll be there and if you need drinks I can get some from the basement, I know you hate it down there so just a thought I know you don't drink in front of the others. You even hide the liquor from both of them and Mauds is already 18 no point hiding it."

                    I softly looked at her not knowing how I could ever find people like them, I really didn't deserve them. I don't believe in any god or whatever but they really are a blessing.

                                          (Surprise two updates at once enjoy the dramas coming for the Larson family, yes this is their last name.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 125 36
Anyone who has grown up in a home filled with volatility and sinister secrets or who has seen it will agree that child abuse is wrong and repulsive...
Dusk By des

Vampire

28.4K 1.7K 61
**MATURE CONTENT & COMPLETED** A smart-mouthed 25 year old girl looks normal, yet is anything but that. She's a highly skilled hunter who trained da...
28 0 26
July 15th A deity of unknown power who takes multiple different human forms to observe humans finds his uncle who had died but came back to life...
307 27 13
MATURE CONTENT!! (17+ ONLY) MAY CONTAIN- PHYSICAL ABUSE, MENTAL ABUSE, RAPE, AND ANY SEXUAL HARASSMENT OR ABUSE SO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! It may tak...