To Be A God (God of War Story)

Von Sollunar_Eclipse

"Mother!" I called out, hoping for an answer. The screams of my people filled my ears. I felt tears go down m... Mehr

My Father's Sin (Prolougue)
Part I: To Appease The Gods
Part II: Hydras, A Gift and a Serpent
Part IV: Nemesis
Part V: Gods and The Underworld (Part I)
Part VI: Gods of The Underworld (Part II)
Part VII: Ghosts of The Past
Part VIII: Preparation Over Perceptions
Part IX: Preparation Over Perceptions Pt. II
Part X: Into the Unknown
Part XI: Gods, Mortals and Saviors
Part XII: Scents of the Wild
Part XIII: Adoration of Life & Battle
XIV: Anger and it's Consequences
XV: Hard Decisions and Patience
XVI: Controlling Your Anger
XVII: The Similarities Within Us
XVIII: Fighting Against the Inevitable
IXX: Family is... Complicated
XX: More Ways Than One
XXI: Bonded By Blood; Connected Kin
Part XXII: The Blood of The Gods
XXIII: Stories Within Helheim
XXIV: Perspectives & Secrets
XXV: Gods Amongst Men
XXVI: How The Mighty Have Fallen
XXVII: New Roads & New Chances

Part III: A Living Nightmare

1.6K 46 3
Von Sollunar_Eclipse

Hecate's delicate hand touched the circle of the large sky arena we were in and summoned someone with the use of magic.
And there she was: Melinoe, daughter of Hades and Persephone, granddaughter of Demeter. She is the goddess of nightmares and ghosts.

Everyone looked taken aback to see her except myself and Hecate.

"Hello Melinoe, long time no see," I said cheerfully trying to brighten her usually sadden demeanor. Her half black and half white hair drooped over her same colored body. I honestly adored Melinoe. Though, others didn't and they didn't like the fact that she scared people, whereas I did. Even before I went up into Olympus, Melinoe and I were close friends.

"Hello Sozime," she said slowly, "I wish I came under better circumstances. After this, I'll give you a present so, please don't be upset with me."

"Melinoe, why would I be upset-"

"You have to face your living nightmare, Sozime," Hecate interrupted, "The Nightmare."

Lyssa smiled and crossed her arms. "This is where it gets fun," she grinned. "Oh and I already bestowed my gift to you. That 'firey' feeling you had fighting the Hydra? That was me. I gifted you the ability to turn your rage into power, like that of a Spartan. But on a more...godly level."

"Anyway," Melinoe said, cupping my face gently, "I have to be the one to give you the nightmare because I can do it swiftly and take it away even faster."

I sat down in front of her and Hecate put a bubble around me, blocking off the other gods and goddesses for a moment. I looked up as Melinoe grabbed my face. "Forgive me..."

Suddenly my eyes went back and one was black, the other was white.

My mind reverted to That Day:

There he was. Standing there over their bodies, blades tossed away. His red mark over his head was stained with blood and I watched as the ashes of Lysandra and Calliope covered his body. I twirled my blade and took a few steps up.

Immediately he turned around in a fit of rage and almost slashed me with his sword. I used my shield to block the attack. Then I recognized the blades. Those blades: The Blades of Chaos. I could feel that same fiery feeling emit from him but he wasn't completely enraged. Not yet at least.

I knocked his blades back with my shield and punched him. "You're such a beast, not even human," I mumbled, pacing a bit. "You're the big bad Spartan general huh?"

Suddenly, he jumped into me, which I wasn't ready for, sending me crashing through multiple buildings outside the temple. We were surrounded by a burning Sparta. Fire plagued everything as the cries of even the mightiest of people were as weary as the cries of children. I got up as he turned his back to me.

"You're a monster! You took everything from me! My mother, my sister, my childhood! You're a fiend, a destroyer and you are no blood to me!" The anger Lyssa spoke of rage within me. Kratos' face was one filled with a numb emotion with anger.

"You do not know what you speak, child! Blasphemous heathen," he said angry.

I held out my blade and shoved my shield into his chest. "YOU DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE THE ONE THAT YOU DIDN'T SLAY MONSTER!" I hit my shield against him again. "YOU FORGOT ME!"

Tears welled in my eyes as red energy surrounded me as I was enraged. "I HATE YOU!" I grabbed him and sent him flying through concrete and stone. "I will make you regret leaving me alive Kratos! You should've killed me with mother and Calliope!"

He angrily yelled and grabbed my face and threw me into another home. My former home. I peeked up at the painting of us four: Myself with Calliope's arm around me and even my father loving my mother. That man was not my father. I felt his presence and screamed, releasing every bit of rage I had and it fueled me. I grabbed my blade and slashed him with it, as I got into my stance. My energy sent the roof flying off my home and the walls crashing down. I was roughly surrounded by nothing except the foundation of our home.

He got up and a glimpse of another being caught my eye:

Ares, the God of Warfare.

I punched Kratos with every bit of ample strength I had and saw a shattered piece of glass near my foot. I didn't see my reflection. No, I saw the sight of Ares and Kratos then it flipped into Lyssa and myself...as if I was following in the same footsteps. But what did it mean?

What does Ares have to do with this?

Does Ares have something to do with Kratos?

Why would he? Did he know something about the death of my mother and sister?

Do any of the gods know?

Does Lyssa know...?

My mind was spinning to madness and despair as the Spartan walked towards the temple. I saw glimpses of the past as he treaded on:

My mother walking with him through the busy streets of Sparta.

His first child, Calliope, abroad his large shoulders and my mother by his side.

And me, with him eye to eye, face to face as he gives me my name. I was an infant, one who was gifted with a necklace that he made for me with my name on it: Adoni.

Last a glimpse of him giving me a small flower.

"Adoni," he said softly, holding the flower. It wasn't a rose, it was a white purple tipped flower, one with thorns. It didn't bloom yet. "You're like this flower: strong-willed like your mother, kind like your sister and sharp as thorns like me. You are my daughter, remember that."

Tears fell from my eyes.

HE IS THE ENEMY!
No, he's not.
He killed your family! He left you, Sozime!
Maybe there's more to the story. Leave me be.
You're just as naive as Calliope and as reckless as your mother.
You aren't real, therefore your opinion of me doesn't matter.

He walked into the temple and I followed slowly. Hestia's fire ignited in my hand unconsciously and I extended my hand.

No, stop this!
Please don't!
He's in there, let me talk to him!
Kratos is- my father is in there somewhere. I'm begging you-

The fire erupted from my hand and I watched as I set him ablaze.

YES!

FATHER!

His ashes, his cries, his grunts haunted me as I continued to burn him. It felt like I wasn't in control of myself. I didnt stop until he was ash.

"You did it, just as he did once ago," said a voice. I turned around, tears dropping from my eyes. An old woman locked eyes with me.

"Heh, just like your old man..."

I didn't say anything whatsoever. My tears didn't end. They flowed slower as I saw a Lisianthus grandiflorum in front of my feet. I grabbed it and held it close to me.

I wanted to hate him, I do hate him...but I'm still a confused child. I looked up and the woman disappeared. It was replaced by the image of me, mimicking me. She was younger, little me, when I witnessed their murders. I wept for a while until I opened my eyes and was back in Olympus.

"Melinoe, how was it?" Lyssa asked, quickly.

Melinoe looked at me with wide eyes. She felt, heard and seen everything.

"Sozime did well. She killed him mercilessly,' she lied, biting her lip.

Lyssa looked at her then me and gave a nod of approval, causing the entire audience to clap.

Moments Later at Dionysus'

"Let us raise a toast to our new champion, Sozime, future slayer of the God Killer," Dionysus said, raising a toast. Everyone lifted their golden cups and I followed suit then sipped the sweet wine. It was white wine, made with the finest grapes Dionysus had to offer from his vast winery. The wine had small amounts of nectar and drinking ambrosia. As I was sipping slowly, Eleos came to my side.

"Excuse me for interrupting the celebration, little one, but may I speak with you?" She whispered, in a soft voice. I nodded and left my drink on the table and I found myself outside on the balcony, which overlooked Mount Olympus.

"Sozime, you know and I know how I found you the first day. We both also know why and when Nemesis and Lyssa came to us. Because you felt anger and revenge in your heart towards him. But, Adoni-"

I glared at her a bit. "Never call me that name, again," I said, sitting up.

"You only call yourself that because that's what Lyssa put into your head. The 'Champion of the Gods'? Really? We both know how you truly feel about him. Oizys and I have been talking. You know she can feel deep sadness within you mortals but she feels it very strongly with you. You still care about him. You know something's wrong, little one."

I breathed in deeply and looked away.

She's right, but-

"I'm going to kill him. But before I do, I want answers and I'll haul my ass through the Underworld and back to get them," I said, looking at her. "I'll avenge my sister and my mother. I promise you that."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

13.6K 1.3K 50
I kicked the doors open which lead me into a massive hall filled with people with dresses which screamed richness.As I looked around I saw the man wh...
185K 9K 138
I could give you a sob story about how tough Cressida Lynn's life has been, but you're not here for that. You're not here to hear about how terrible...
2K 312 35
The House of Atreus bears a curse. One steeped in blood and nourished by decades of violence. Klytemnestra knew this when she married Agamemnon, but...
11.5K 236 17
This is not your normal Chaos story. No one gets betrayed and runs away. No one gets killed. But there is one person who gets kidnapped. One person w...