Unguarded Love

By daywrites9

Persephone Porter just so happens to be Asa Brookes partner on a project, oh, and the coaches daughter. Those... More

Aesthetics/Authors Note
1-Class Interrupted
2-Dinner Disaster
3-Percy
4-Timeslot
5-Phoenix
6-Hey Neighbor
7-On The Ice
8-Books
9-Mamma Foster
10-After Party
11-Brendan Gack
12-A Club? I'm In
13-Oh Sh*t It's Our Song
14-A Project With My Quarterback?
15-Times Are Crazy
16-The Accident
17-Career Ending
18-He's Quite The Looker
19-Thanks For Throwing Me Under The Bus Janet
20-Spin It Percy
21-Jealous
22-Clearing The Air
23-Locked In
24-Tiny Terrors
25-Peyton And Phoenix
26-Sleep Over?
27-Dog Fight
28-Introducing My Dad To My Boyfriend
29-Escape Room
30-Rocked My World
31-I'm Happy
32-Miss. Porter Looks Funny
33-Sibling Bonding
35-The Girls And Phoenix
36-Laundry Day
37-Cheers To Love
38-Wedding Bells
39-Lovin' On You
40-You're Just Like Your Father
41-Coward
42-I Do Love Her
43-I'm An Idiot
44-Gutter Ball
45-Everything Changes

34-An Apartment

5.8K 132 28
By daywrites9

Asa 

Waking up this morning I hadn't expected Percy and I to be touring an apartment. 

It wasn't planned but she needed to go shopping for snacks for movie night and we passed by a sign that said they were having open walk throughs. 

Naturally Percy wanted to go see it and naturally I let her do what she wanted to do. 

That was how we got here, the two of us touring an apartment where Percy keeps pointing at things saying she wants that in her future apartment. 

I think if she could afford an apartment right now she would get this one. I didn't realize taking her to an apartment would be the same as taking someone to see puppies. 

"Look at those marble counter tops. I would die for those." She squeals, pulling me along through the room.

I don't think I've seen her this excited in well... ever. 

This is something I feel like I should've known about my girlfriend but at the same time I wasn't prepared for her to be this into interior design. 

"Babe, they have floor to ceiling windows." She gestures to the windows and we walk over to see the city view. 

I can't deny these windows are pretty cool and the view is nice as hell. 

I haven't given much thought to where I'll live after I graduate, I think I planned to just find an apartment wherever I needed up. 

Now I see when we get an apartment we'll have to tour many until Percy finds the one she wants because I won't let her settle for anything less. 

I don't even know when it hit me that I want a future with this girl. That when I see my future plans she's a part of them. 

I can't even hate it because it's exactly where she belongs, in my present and in my future. My forever. 

"Are you two interested?" A man asks. He's wearing a suit and I can tell he's about to go into his dialogue about every detail in this apartment and I also know Percy is going to eat it up. 

"Uhm, yeah." She smiles at him and just as I predicted he starts to list all the features of the apartment and she eats it up. 

I stand there holding her hand but I dead ass feel like I'm third wheeling. 

"Do you guys have any units with wood or laminate floors?" She asks him, "Carpet is good but not always, I like the look of wood like flooring."

He smiles and then rattles on about other properties that have what she's looking for. 

"Oh and when I get an apartment I want to get a cat, do ya'll have animal friendly units? I read on the paper that this one wasn't."

She wants a fucking cat? What else don't I know about the girl I'm dating?

Also I've never been a cat person. Dogs, one hundred percent, but cats scare me. They are definitely smarter than us but play dumb so we lower our guard. 

I would do almost anything for Percy but I think getting a cat is crossing a line. I'll probably wake up with that thing laying on my chest staring it's snake eyes at me. 

"What do you think, Asa?" She asks and I turn to see them both staring at me. 

I've been tuning them out ever since she brought up that fucking cat. 

"Uh, what?" I ask, confused and she swats my arm, "Babe, I asked if you thought having a dishwasher was a necessity or not. They're nice but if it ups the cost is it worth it?"

I shrug, "I-" The guy shakes his head and I know what he's saying even if he's not actually saying it, "Whatever is the best for you."

She smiles and he nods, "Right answer." He tells me. 

She hits him with more questions and I stand beside her trying to keep my bearings. 

The thing is the thought of living with her isn't even terrifying, its the fact that I might have a fucking cat. 

They're just giant rodents. 

"Thank you for your time." Percy says and the guy nods, giving us his business card before walking off. 

"This was so cool." She giggles as we get back into my truck. 

I nod but don't say anything as I start the truck. 

"Whats wrong?" She asks, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

I shrug and she groans, "Is it because I was talking about us living together? I'm sorry if that's too much for you right now, I get it I shouldn't have said that. I-"

"You want a fucking cat?" I ask, looking over at her and her eyes widen. 

"This is about a hypothetical cat?" 

"Yes." I say and she laughs. 

She tries to stop laughing but a snort escapes her which in turn makes her laugh more. 

"What?" I ask, my brows pinched in confusion. 

She shakes her head, "What's so wrong with a cat?"

"They're awful, spiteful creatures." He says and I laugh more, "Wow, Asa. I never thought you had such a hatred for cats."

I shrug, "My mom had one when I was growing up. Thing would steal my food and scratch the shit out of me when I would take it back from him."

When the stupid thing ran away, mom cried but I was elated. I hated Mr. Whiskers. 

"Asa, baby, we don't have to get a cat." She tells me, "But you want one."

She shrugs, "So? If we live together we'll compromise on things, that's what couples or roommates do. You don't want a cat, we don't have to get one. I would like an animal though, I love dogs and hell I would take a pet turtle if thats what you're into."

Percy runs her fingers through my hair, "I do like dogs." I tell her and she smiles. 

"See, I don't need a cat to be happy and I don't need you to sacrifice things you might want or might not want to make me happy either. For me, just being with you is enough."

At the red light I lean over and kiss her. Sometimes when I hold her at night I think about how I managed to get so lucky. 

It's like without even trying she just understands me. She never makes me feel stupid or undeserving of things. 

This girl is it for me. 

* * * 

Once we get back to the house, Percy sets out all the snacks as everyone piles into the living room. 

"What are we watching?" Miles asks and I point to Peyton, "Her pick."

She grins, "Ya'll are going to love it." 

Percy comes in with a bowl of popcorn in her hand, "Spoiler alert, it's an Amanda Seinfeld movie."

Peyton rolls her eyes, "You just guessed."

My girlfriend smiles, "Or I just know you super well."

"Where's Ridge?" K.J. asks and I felt like we were missing a big presence. 

"Oh his parents are in town." Peyton says and it the whole room looks over at her. 

She just shrugs, "What? We were hanging out here earlier while the rest of you guys were busy and they just showed up and demanded he come out to dinner with them."

That means Ridge is going to be in a pissy mood soon. Anytime his parents stop by he starts acting like an entitled prick. 

His parents may not be the worst but they aren't the best either. The care more about money and status than anything, well except for Ridge. 

He's their one and only child which means he was spoiled. 

"Oh did I tell you." Percy starts as I sit beside her, "Phoenix is coming with us to shop for dresses for the wedding."

Oh good luck with that. Clothes shopping with Ridge is rough on a good day, add in this shit with his family and he's going to be a monster. 

I don't warn Percy, however, because she'd never believe it unless she sees it. 

Beside, I know whatever he picks out for them will look good. 

It'll totally be worth my girlfriend killing me for it. 

________

A/N I love cats, I have four and I don't condone cat hate in this house. I had to give Asa a major red flag ya'll but it hurt to write it ngl 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 12.1K 28
Cover by @AndiApplexoxo ****MATURE CONTENT IN BOOK**** ****YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED**** Her world is dark. His is bright. She is like a ray of sunshine...
205K 6.5K 45
Joey got up off my bed and made his way out of the room, stopping before he exited. "For the record, if we had of had sex, there's no way you wouldn...
299K 9.4K 38
Book #4 of the "Falling" book series Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #41 in Romance 2023 #10 in Nerdy 2023 #27 in Sexualtension 2023 #25 in Banter 202...
7.4M 214K 78
To start over. That's what Alex Rose needed, after that night. That's what drove her out of her home in London, to New York, halfway across the wor...