Unguarded Love

By daywrites9

Persephone Porter just so happens to be Asa Brookes partner on a project, oh, and the coaches daughter. Those... More

Aesthetics/Authors Note
1-Class Interrupted
2-Dinner Disaster
3-Percy
4-Timeslot
5-Phoenix
6-Hey Neighbor
7-On The Ice
8-Books
9-Mamma Foster
10-After Party
11-Brendan Gack
12-A Club? I'm In
13-Oh Sh*t It's Our Song
14-A Project With My Quarterback?
15-Times Are Crazy
16-The Accident
17-Career Ending
18-He's Quite The Looker
19-Thanks For Throwing Me Under The Bus Janet
20-Spin It Percy
21-Jealous
22-Clearing The Air
23-Locked In
24-Tiny Terrors
25-Peyton And Phoenix
26-Sleep Over?
27-Dog Fight
28-Introducing My Dad To My Boyfriend
29-Escape Room
30-Rocked My World
31-I'm Happy
33-Sibling Bonding
34-An Apartment
35-The Girls And Phoenix
36-Laundry Day
37-Cheers To Love
38-Wedding Bells
39-Lovin' On You
40-You're Just Like Your Father
41-Coward
42-I Do Love Her
43-I'm An Idiot
44-Gutter Ball
45-Everything Changes

32-Miss. Porter Looks Funny

6.5K 146 17
By daywrites9

Persephone 

I don't think I have stopped smiling since this morning. 

All the kids in my class are looking at me like I've got something on my face and maybe I do but I don't care. 

I just want today to get over with because tonight Asa is taking me on our first official date. 

Crazy we haven't gone on one of those yet but this morning we were talking and realized we haven't. 

Asa said we had to rectify that so tonight he has something special planned. I honestly don't care what it is, I'm going on a date with Asa, thats all that matters. 

"Miss. Porter looks funny." Tyler says from his seat and Kelly points a stern finger at him, "We don't say things like that, Tyler."

Mari shrugs from beside him, "He isn't lying today Mrs. Cartwright. Miss. Porter keeps smiling."

I didn't know smiling was a crime but I guess to a bunch of elementary kids it is. 

"What does have you all smiles?" Kelly asks after the class leaves for lunch. 

"My boyfriend and I are going on our first actual date tonight." I inform her and her face lights up, "Oh, I see. I remember those days. Have fun." She tells me. 

I finish the day and then head straight over to help Anna at the library for about two hours before heading back to my dorm to get ready. 

All Asa has texted me today is to dress however I felt most comfortable which was zero help at all. 

Like guys listen a girl never wants to be over or under dressed to any function. Just tell her when it's something fancier like a nice restaurant so she can doll herself up a bit or if it's to the movies so she knows jeans are appropriate. 

Staring at my closet I have no clue what to wear and it's stressing me the heck out. 

The worst part is Peyton isn't even here to guide me because she's working on her lab until late tonight. 

This sucks. 

Having to actually make decisions for myself, I go with something safe. I wear a black skirt with a slit on the side. It isn't a mini skirt but it isn't mormon length either. 

I pair it with a long sleeve red shirt with flowy sleeves and I wear my hair down. I wear Peyton's black heeled boots and put on a medium amount of make up. 

I think I spent so much time struggling on what to wear that when I check my phone I see I have multiple texts from Asa telling me he's waiting outside for me. 

Whoops. 

I grab my purse and I run my fingers through my hair one more time before heading out to meet him. 

He's leaning against his truck, with a bouquet of flowers in one hand. 

I take in the outfit he's wearing, jeans with a green knit sweater, damn my boyfriend looks so good. 

He takes in my outfit as well and I watch as he presses the heal of his palm into his heart, "Am I in heaven? Because baby you made my heart stop." 

I let out a snort, "Did you just use a pick up line on me Asa Brookes?"

He smiles, "I sure did Persephone Porter."

When I get closer to him he extends the flowers out to me, "For my lovely girlfriend."

I bring the flowers to my nose and sniff. 

"Thank you." I say before wrapping my arms around him in a hug. 

He hugs me back, kissing the top of my head. 

"Only the best for my girl."

My girl? Swoon. 

He opens the door all gentlemen - like for me and gets in the drivers seat. 

"Where are we going?" I ask and he just smirks, "You'll see."

We ride to the unknown location with his hand never leaving my thigh. 

"What is this place?" I ask as Asa parks the car. 

He smiles, "Well this is our first stop."

My brows furrow in confusion, "First stop?" 

He nods, "First we'll eat here, you get to build your own pizza. Then we're going to this ice cream shop I saw that allows you to build your own ice cream sandwiches and then after that there is a floating lantern event we can go to."

I haven't even finished the date and I know this is the best one I have ever gone on. 

As promised we get to build our own pizza, well from behind a glass. It felt like a pizza version of subway and I loved it. 

I didn't want to eat too much since we were having ice cream after so I got a small pizza. Asa teased me about it and so in turn I stole one of his slices while he wasn't looking then gaslighted him into believing he ate it. 

Some times a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. 

We head to the ice cream shop next where I get to build my own ice cream sandwich. I pick graham crackers instead of the normal ice cream sandwich cookies. 

I then chose chocolate ice cream and marshmallow cream and of course I added extra tiny marshmallows and chocolate fudge. 

Asa picks the normal cookies like a loser and gets mint chocolate chip ice cream. 

We eat the ice cream out on the little deck they have and then we start to play a game of guessing what people's stories are that are walking in and out of the shop. 

"Oh please she totally came here post break up." I tell Asa about the girl who just piled every topping onto her banana split. 

"I don't get why you would think that." He says and I sigh, "No girl is going to get every topping if she weren't trying to drown out her sorrows and besides banana splits are a typical break up sundae."

"Who says?" He asks and I point to myself, "Me, I say so."

Then we watch the girl break down into tears as she eats her banana split. 

"Told you." I sing. 

I've always been good at reading people. 

We finish our ice cream and then it's off to the next stop. 

I remember seeing the floating lanterns in Tangled when I was a kid and thinking it was the coolest thing in the world. 

I had forced Asa to watch Tangled the other night and I told him how much I wanted to do one of those but I didn't think he was paying much attention, now I realized it wasn't the exact opposite. He heard me and he was making one of my dreams come true. 

We pull up in the lot and walk down to the field where there are already people gathered. 

"Hello." The girl says, handing us one of the lanterns and a marker. We say hi back and take the lantern and marker from her. 

We find an open patch and sit down. 

"What should we write?" Asa asks as I uncap the sharpie. 

I smile, "It's a little predictable and corny." I tell him and he shrugs, "Whatever you want to write on it."

I draw a big heart before writing our names in the middle. 

"Make sure yours say Percy." He says and I do. 

We flip it to the other side and Asa draws his own thing on the back. 

"What is that?" I ask and he laughs, "Well it's supposed to be a football and a pair of skates but I'm not an art major, so," I shrug, "I think it's cute."

I see him blush but of course when I call him out on it he claims its because of the cold. 

Mhm sure thing buddy. 

We light the lantern up and hold it out as everyone counts down and then we all release it at the same time and watch the lanterns float in the air. 

I have no idea if this is good for the environment or not but too late now. That's probably what everyone thinks after doing someone a little suspicious. 

"Thank you." I wrap my arms around Asa's neck and pull him down for a kiss. 

He kisses me back, his hands resting on my lower back. 

"Anything for you, Percy." He says as well break away from the kiss."

Yeah, best date ever. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 6.5K 45
Joey got up off my bed and made his way out of the room, stopping before he exited. "For the record, if we had of had sex, there's no way you wouldn...
8K 180 23
What would you do if you were locked in a closet for seven minutes with your hockey crush? Millie and Rowan end up spending a chaotic couple of hours...
7.4M 214K 78
To start over. That's what Alex Rose needed, after that night. That's what drove her out of her home in London, to New York, halfway across the wor...
267K 3.7K 55
"π‘Œπ‘œπ‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘˜π‘›π‘œπ‘€ π‘€β„Žπ‘’π‘› 𝑖𝑑'𝑠 π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’, π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘™ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’, π‘π‘’π‘π‘Žπ‘’π‘ π‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑒𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑙𝑦 π‘ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘ 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔...