Dragon's Hoard

By LittleRubyRidingHood

For a witch, a familiar was essential. You couldn't be considered a real witch if you didn't have one. A drag... More

The summotion
The dawning
Strawberries
The Black Widow and the White Snake.
Silene Dioica
Serial hanging man
What are you?
The least favourite little human
Flower crown
Medallions
King for the Night
An explosive night
Fear comes with long nights
Worst nightmares come from inside
The ancient dagger
The sleeping big eyes
Results of training
Lake of Forgotten
Black and White
Love Hill
Flying into heavy weather
The D chapter
Someone better
Lost and found
Lies have short legs
Between dreams and reality
How to be a successful bait
Don't start a fire you can't quench

Butterflies

868 90 8
By LittleRubyRidingHood

"What the heck is happening here?"

Why on earth those two decerebrates were holding his human down on the bed?

Hearing his dark, deep voice, Bright and Tutah sprang up and let out a scream.

Taking advantage of their momentary surprise, Little Thing managed to free himself from their grip and ran to him. He hid behind his back, almost as if using him as a shield.

He arched an eyebrow. "I asked you two a question."

The two boys exchanged a wide-eyed look and swallowed hard, before turning back to him. Then Tutah puffed out his chest, braced himself and said "We are helping him. Shush!"

"Exactly!" The other annoying kid backed him. "We're helping him, go away!"

If possible, his eyebrow rose even more. His gaze became harder and colder, signaling he wasn't in the mood for their games.

Immediately the first pain in the ass corrected himself. "Please."

"Yeah... please." He repeated the other.

Kongpob's hazel eyes darkened as his gaze again moved from one to the other. "Out."

"You can't-"

"Now."

"Bye 'Thit, see you tomorrow."

"Bye." Babblermouth echoed his friend again.

The two kids didn't have to be repeated twice and ran out of the room.

Idiots

"Thank you." Little Thing breathed out.

Kongpob turned his face abruptly and pierced him with his gaze.

"What the hell were you up to?"

"Uhm..." He mumbled embarrassed, playing with his fingers and gazing at him. "I went out with Nam yesterday."

Yes, Kongpob knew it. It was almost two years since they had started "dating". By now the dragon had stopped checking that everything was going the right way. Little Thing was naive. In those two years they had kissed only three or four times... on the cheek. In short, Tiny was just too oblivious to be led down the wrong path.

"She wanted to kiss me..." Ok, now it was four or five times. Still too few to put him on a bad path "... on the lips."

"Mmh." He replied disinterestedly. Those words echoed in his mind and finally, he realized their meaning. He gave the kid a super dirty look.

"Uh... uh..." Stuttered the not so innocent kid anymore under his accusing gaze

"Ok, and?" He urged him to carry on.

"Uhm... I just... I was embarrassed and I... I guess because I've never kissed anyone you know..."

Needless to say, he knew. And if he had any say in the matter -obviously he had-, things would have gone on like that for a long time.

He wouldn't have allowed some pesky human to corrupt his brat's innocence. He was already annoying this way, Kongpob really didn't want to know how much more annoying he could become if he discovered the "girls'" world. Nope.

"That's good." He feigned disinterest. "Kissing is overrated. Keep focusing on your studies." He took the grimoire to open it at random and reading the first page that presented itself. Little Thing's magic was bad in almost everything, he could practice on one at random.

"So, let's try again with the cloaking spell." And let's hope he won't transform the old shrew -the neighbor- into a Snapdragon, again.

"Oh, look at Kong. This flower reminds me of you; you're both tall and colourful."

He rolled his eyes at the memory. A flower. Him. Impertinent Brat.

"Kong?"

Oh no. His tone boded ill for his peace of mind.

"You're pretty old, aren't you?"

Compared to a human yes, but "old", was a strong word.

He grumbled in assent.

"Have you ever kissed someone?"

He coughed, caught off-guard by the question. "Of... of course!"

Little Thing seemed to have suddenly forgotten his embarrassment and leaned towards him with sparkling eyes. "Can you teach me?"

He was caught off guard again when a burst of uncontrollable coughing overcame him, and the cause of his cough rushed in close, which didn't help. "May I know how you came up with this idea?"

"Maybe it wasn't a great idea, mmh?" He pouted.

"You don't say."

The look on his face must have been eloquent because the kid blushed, looked down and fiddled with his fingers.

For Dragon King's sake! By now the boy was fifteen, he shouldn't look that cute anymore... but he did.

"Let's forget this. Just take the ingredients and-"

"Maybe I should have accepted Bright and Tutah's help..."

A vein on the side of the dragon's brow began to throb noticeably.

"Don't waste our time whith this nonsense. Focus on all your other failures."

"Mean."

Kongpob grabbed his pouty cheeks with his fingers and squeezed.

"We've got to concentrate on more serious things."

"Yes, we do." The kid agreed, but nevertheless he puckered his lips in an exaggerated kissing gesture. "Don't I look like an odd duck like this?"

"What the heck are you doing?"

"Show you how I'd kiss the poor girl."

"Pity won't work with me."

Again the persistent kid cooed and puckered his lips into an exaggerated kiss only to have his familiar crack him solidly on the forehead with the book.

"Focus."

"I can't!" He got up on his knees and leaned towards him in a creepy manner. "I'm an adult now! I need to know these things!"

"You're fifteen."

"Exactly! I'm not a kid anymore!"

"Yeah, sure." He rolled his eyes. "Why is it so important?"

"What If the opportunity comes back and I kiss her badly?

"Avoid it."

"But I want to kiss her. Good."

"You cannot always get what you want."

Little Thing pouted, offended. "What if I put too much tongue? I don't want to resemble a dog. And what if I-mprf!"

Kongpob covered his mouth with his hand. "One more word and I'll cripple your mouth."

Arthit opened his mouth, but the dragon silenced him with a glare.

Oh, silence finally.

"But Kong, I..."

The kid's eyes dilated with surprise. What happened to his voice?

His face reddened, and he looked at him plainly indignant.

"Told you." The dragon said in a matter-of-fact singsong. He wore a smug expression. "So, as I was saying, in order to make this spell succeed you'll need-"

Suddenly he felt his face being grabbed and pulled towards the human's one and then... and then his forehead hit him square on the nose.

"What the heck are you doing?"

The little madman did not answer him, too busy rolling around in the bed and holding his nose. He was kicking his legs in the air and his eyes were bright, though no sound came out of his mouth. Sighing, he cancelled the spell

"Tiny, you okay?"

"No." He groaned, with watery eyes.

What an amount of patience he needed.

"Put it this way, now you know how not do it."

Arthit glared at him. Kongpob just shrugged disinterestedly. "As I was saying for the cloaking spell you need..."

After that more than unpleasant day, Kongpob thought the conversation was over. And indeed, for a couple of weeks it was.

But one day Arthit returned home afflicted. Really, really afflicted.

The already tired familiar sighed, now what?

He didn't ask him that, he didn't need to do so. He knew that the small being with a big mouth wouldn't wait long to tell him everything, even too much.

"You were right."

"Obviously, I was." He said, obviously pleased. He liked being right. "About what?"

"Kissing" Oh, please, not again. "It's not that great."

His eyes seemed to moisten as if he were about to cry. He quickly wiped at his eye with his finger.

Seriously? What had he done now?

"She'll tell her friends about me..." The kid continued his monologue, an intense -ridiculous- expression on his face. "... and then everyone will know and then no one will want to go out with me anymore, and then..."

Kongpob rolled his eyes. He had never thought he would have missed the little brat who caught insects, trying to make him eat them.

"... I'll have to agree with Tutah and Bright, they won't stop making fun him of me..."

Why did humans have these hormonal swings?

"... and then John will make fun of me too... and he will be right. I looked like a dog, who would ever want to kiss a fra-"

That's right, who would ever want to kiss a annoying kid like him?

Lips were still tingling from the brief contact with his and Arthit wanted to ask him why he had kissed, but the fact that Kong seemed to dismiss it as totally unimportant made it difficult. In fact, if it weren't for the tingling Arthit'd have wondered if he'd imagined it. But his familiar had kissed him, and that wasn't in the familiar's contract. No way, no how.

"Oh."

"Now you can say that you had a normal kiss. And I would say my opinion matters more than that of a human."

Oh. So he really kissed him.

His brain shorted out

But... what had it been? Not the kiss. He understood that. More or less.

No, what confused him was what he'd felt. His stomach did a loop the loop and tickles all over. Ah. Were these the famous butterflies? He swore he'd never felt anything like it before... and he had his good share of experience!

...

Well, ok, not really.

The point was that when he'd kissed the girl he liked he didn't feel a thing, no stupid insects in his belly. And he didn't even want to think about the lips contact with Bright's.

Leaving aside Bright incident, that was deeply wrong. A witch couldn't catch feeling for its familiar. It was forbidden.

"Tiny?"

Blurting the first thing that came to mind, he said "... because... you're old...?"

"What? Okay, this has to stop. I'm not that old. I'm the youngest in my family."

"The youngest of your... family?"

"Yes, why does this surprise you?"

"I... wait, when you say 'family' you mean..."

"Mother, father and two sisters."

"Oh..."

The dumb look on his face was back. That was why no one would have wanted to kiss him.

The kid blinked.

"And you just kissed me, like right now."

"It was just a peck. Nothing special."

He blinked twice, then shook his head. "I have to go." He said before disappearing.

Wow, he had never seen him ran so fast.

What the hell was wrong with him now?

NOTE

I'm sorry, I know that updates are really slow. I'd like to reassure you  I won't leave this, or any other story, incomplete. It's just that this is not the best time for me to write 😅

I hope you are all well 🥰

Stay safe 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.8K 4.5K 22
it's a boy boy love story my first attempt in fanfiction .Kong and arthit will be different but somewhere same . mature content will be implicated bu...
15.4K 819 15
Just a bunch of oneshots I wrote for KongArt Week 2021 based on the following prompts: Day 1: "Why are you here at four in the morning?" Day 2: Rescu...
1K 113 1
When Kongpob joins his new University half way through his second year, he is assigned a reader whom changes his world forever! I was toying with wri...
118K 7.8K 36
" Fine , but if you touch me , I can touch you. Your body. Anywhere." " Wait what- " " Yeah. One brush gives me one minute. Intentional touch , fiv...