THE IMMORTALS (✓)

By piadreamer

This is a sequel to A Surprise and A Betrayal. If you haven't read that story go check it out first. Because... More

1. I found a sister in you.
2. Buried Truth
3. Further information and the Nightstorms.
4. I'll breathe again
5. Happiness comes in all forms.
6. Single for life - not.
7. Perfect two
8. A friend or foe?
9. Arising threats.
10. Impossible but true.
11. The silver angel.
12. Suspicions.
13. The Fallen Angel.
14. If aught but death part thee and me.
15. I'm Back.
16. Kasper whispers.....
17. Expect the unexpected
18. Gone
19. Spawn of Satan or Superior than Satan?
20. Watch the world burn.
21. Consul Alec Lightwood Bane
22. The Angel's demise.
23. Searching for Magnus
24. Embrace what you got.
25. First defeat
26. Like a diamond cuts diamond.
27. Challenge accepted.
28. Only one would stand at the end of it all.
29. Looking to a bright future.

Epilogue

316 17 33
By piadreamer

*One month later*

*Lightwood Mansion*

*Evening time - Clary's room*

They say that stars withhold the souls of good doers. The brightest the star, the more chance of it being the soul of your loved ones at peace. But was it actually true? Because in the midnight blue sky, every star shimmered it's brightest, casting an outworldly aura over the city of Alicante. As far as Clary's eyes reached, no star stood out from the lot and the unshed tear made its way down.

If you're looking for me, you won't find it in the stars, honey. Those are stories, crafted by mundanes, we aren't mundanes.

A very familiar voice vibrated through the wall and as she spun, heartbeats drumming as she glanced all-around in the empty room. "What... no.. not possible..." Tucking the strand of hair behind her ear, she walked inside, trying to calm her racing heart.

I'm right here, sweetheart.

"Mom..." A startled gasp left her mouth as she frantically looked around, only to meet the emptiness yet again. "Why am I hearing her?"

"Stop overthinking, redhead! You're not me, it's my job to overthink. Clean your mind and you'll see her. She's right there, on the bed." Came a familiar voice of Alec's from outside her room.

"Alec? You.. you can... of course, you can..." Taking a few deep breaths, Clary tried to settle a thousand thoughts running in her mind. Within a few hours, she would no longer be the lone, hopeless girl she once used to be but rather the wife of the most amazing person she had ever met. A stronger, better version of herself. Her excitement, though, was mixed with fear and nervousness.

Slowly opening her eyes when she thought was ready, the first thing she noticed was a faint fog in her room but as her eyes fell on the bed, a gasp left from her throat. "Mom... h..how?"

The woman had a bright smile as she stood up from her seated area and wrapped her in a tight hug, that somehow made her believe that the past never happened, that she wasn't gone and heavy tears fell on Jocelyn's shoulder. "Mom..."

You look gorgeous, honey. Don't ruin your makeup from crying.

Gentle thumbs stroked her cheek, wiping off the tears causing more to fall. "You're here... how? Last time... when you came..."

It's nothing bad this time, Clary. Can't you see?

As her words registered, Clary looked at her mother from head to toe and yes, she wasn't in some casual clothes for a quick visit. Instead, she wore a royal one-shoulder golden gown, with hair tucked in a half bun, paired with simple yet large loops, reminding her of an actual angel. She did look like an angel. "B..but..."

Angel Alexander took permission for me to stay on earth for a few hours. When he told me the reason, I couldn't believe my ears. My little birdy grew so big. I'm so proud of you, honey.

Cupping her face, she kissed her head and Clary couldn't help but sob into her mother's arms.

Don't cry, sweetheart. This is your day, you should be happy.

"I am happy, mom.. but I wish you could be here. Really here."

We can't change the past, Clary, but what we can do is write the future. And you are doing it. I'm so happy to see you falling into motherhood, into a family of your own. You've grown so much.

"You... you know that I'm... pregnant?"

I can feel the presence, Clary. Presence of angelic powers. Your child is going to be extraordinary.

She smiled while gently placing her hand over her belly and Clary's heart swelled by her mere presence. She didn't want this to end, for her mother to leave yet again.

"I miss you so much, mom. Can't you stay for longer? Won't this Angel Alexander do anything about it? Please, I miss you so much. *sniff*"

Why don't you ask for yourself then? We souls can only obey the commands of celestials.

"Me? How... wait Angel Alexander as in... Alec?"

Jocelyn nodded and Clary looked baffled, staring between her mother and the door.

"Was I asked for?" Alec peeked through the azar door, gazing between both living and dead.

"Alec.. you... you called for her?"

Carefully closing the door behind him, Alec walked in and stood beside both of them. "I know you would miss her, I noticed you painting the portrait of her with mini Jace after the news and even Jace said how you never stopped talking of her since the days passed by. I thought if I have the power, I should fulfill at least this wish of my sister."

"Thank you, Alec, thank you so much." More tears fell on her face as she hugged the man tightly, who gently wiped her tears and patted her head. "Can't you... ask for... her visit to-"

"I heard, Clary and I'm sorry but I can't. Heaven has its own rules and I can't break them. But I made sure that you can have your mother by your side for most of your wedding. You wanted to walk down the aisle with her, now you can."

Thank you, Angel Alexander. It's every mother's dream to watch her child be with the person of their dreams, to see them walk down the aisle and knot in the holy bond of marriage. You made it possible for me.

"Please call me, Alec, Jocelyn. Angel Alexander... no, na-ah!" Alec cringed and Clary burst into laughter. "I'm still that boy you knew back then. And, sorry redhead."

"I understand, Alec," Clary reassured. "I'd be honored to walk down the aisle with mom.  You went out of your way to do this for me, thank you so much."

"Hey, anything for the person who can handle my idiot parabatai." Clary chuckled and glanced at her mother, glad to see that bright smile after so long. Even if she was there for a few hours, she'd cherish this moment for as long as she'd live.

"Clary!?" A knock sounded on the door and a few seconds in, Izzy and Magnus walked in side by side, chatting incredulously.

"By the angel! Clary, your makeup! What did you do, big brother? And why are you here in the first place?" Izzy rushed towards the dresser and started picking up various makeup items frantically.

"Isabelle, calm down, I can fix it with the snap of my finger." Magnus dragged her back then spun towards his husband, narrowing his eyes at him. "What did you do to make her cry?"

"You too, love? Are you two teaming up or what?" Alec pouted and Clary tittered behind her hand.

"Nobody was in this room other than you two before we came in, did a ghost make her cry or what!? You should've stayed out of her room! Better, out of this wedding! Just know how to hurt others!" Magnus snapped making Alec's eyes go wide.

"Woah! Magnus, Izzy, relax, I just got overwhelmed. Alec didn't do anything, instead, he was calming me down. It's my wedding day after all."

"Is that the only reason he's here?" Izzy asked skeptically. "You don't need to hide if he was mocking you or making fun of you, Clary. We'll kick his ass or throw him out of here if you want."

"I second that." Magnus chimed in with a bitter tone.

Speechless, Clary looked between the three of them and noticed the hurtful look in Alec's eyes, even though he said nothing. "What is wrong with you two?" She asked in a calm voice, "And don't blame pregnancy hormones. I'm pregnant too and I know it's not this bad."

"First, biscuit, let me fix your makeup." With a snap of his finger, her lightly done makeup was back in the way it was, having a perfect contrast to her royal outfit. "Perfect." He grinned. "Second, nothing's wrong with us. We're just looking out for you."

"Umm... I'll... I'll go check on Jace." Alec said in a small voice and rushed out. Before Clary could stop he had already ran out but she was certain that she noticed tears shining in his eyes before he left. Turning towards Magnus and Izzy, she crossed her arms, glaring at the two for hurting her brother.

"What in the world was that and why do you think Alec would hurt me? Are you two taking out somebody else's anger on him? If so, it's not right!"

"We're taking nobody's anger on Alec and you..." Izzy pointed at her hair, "should start doing your hairstyle else, you'll be late for your own wedding."

"Don't change the topic, Izzy." Clary pushed, "As far as I know my parabatai, you would've broken Magnus's bones till now for talking to your brother that way but instead, you kept quiet. That's unlike you. So either tell me what's going on or this wedding will not proceed."

"Biscuit?" Magnus stared at her with a blank expression. "Why are you trying to ruin your marriage for a stupid thing like this? We were just concerned about you."

"I don't buy that Magnus and I'm sure Jace will agree with me. It's about his parabatai. What you said had clearly hurt him."

"Alec and Magnus had a fight earlier today and my dear brother was in the wrong so I'm teaming up with Magnus to teach my brother a lesson." Izzy stated fiercely, "And I haven't said anything because Alec said something equally hurtful to him. He was crying. Now back to your hairstyle-"

"Back to nowhere." Clary interrupted, "Izzy, you realize Magnus is almost four months pregnant and his emotions and hormones are haywire every damn second. Did you even witness what happened?"

"I know how stubborn and sassy my brother is, Clary. And this new Consul position is making him stressed but that doesn't justify him making my brother-in-law cry." Izzy huffed.

With a sigh, Clary tilted her head sideways and stared at the giant baby, which she now realized why Alec keeps calling him that. "What exactly happened Magnus, and I'm not proceeding with any makeup or dressing up until I get to the depths of it!"

"We got into an argument at lunchtime," Magnus said flatly.

"About?"

"You won't give up, will you?" Magnus sighed as she kept her hard gaze fixed into his eyes. "About... umm, about the names of honeybun and munchkin."

"What the fuck! Magnus, you said Alec crossed his limits over an argument!" Izzy put her arms on her hip, giving the man a cold stare.

"He did!" Magnus defended with a high-pitched whine. "He said that my names are cringy and he'd never agree to it. But that wasn't it, he said that I don't know how to name a child because I've never been a responsible parent before. Seriously? I'm a 400-year old warlock! I've taken kids like him under my wing more than you can count! Not to mention he himself! What was he trying to say? That I'll be a worse parent, that I'm like Asmodeous. He thinks so low of me! Just because I grew up as an orphan and don't have a family doesn't mean he has the right to-"

"By the angel, Magnus!" Izzy smacked the man's head with the first thing near her grasp, which turned out to be a small painting canvas. "You are an idiot!"

"Oww! Isabelle!" Magnus rubbed the spot, newly welled tears threatening to fall.

"And you didn't know this before, Izzy?" Clary chuckled when Izzy shook her head, shooting deadly daggers at Magnus. "I agree with her Magnus, you're an idiot and overthinking such a basic statement."

"How so?"

"For starters, you are an irresponsible person most of the time." Izzy smacked his head once again. "As for being a responsible parent, we have examples of Madzie and Aulia. All you do behind Alec's back is plan some mischief that my brother has to clean the mess after. And, you really have never been a proper parent before, have you? Like actually birthing a child?"

"Does Alec even know you're overthinking and upset about it?" Clary added, and Magnus's face turned deep red.

"No..."

"Magnus!" Both women yelled in unison, making the man flinch. "Know what, go apologize to Alec right away. Your words were way too harsh for something that wasn't intended for what you presumed. And as for you Izzy, help me with my hairstyle, you can talk to Alec later but you, Magnus, out!"

.
.

Alec had no idea what he did, why his husband was so mad. They had been normal the whole time apart from the whiny argument in the afternoon but his husband didn't say anything. It wasn't a big deal anyway. Magnus got busy with Aulia afterward and he came here to check on his nervous parabatai. They didn't get the chance to spend time at all. Was that the reason for his bitterness? He did become a clingy baby during his pregnancy.

With a whirlwind of overriding emotions, Alec wiped the single teardrop sitting on the edge of his eye and knocked on the door of his brother's room. "Jace!?" He called a few minutes later when it was left unanswered. "Jace, it's me, Alec!"

A few minutes passed by, and when it left still unanswered, he carefully opened the door, only to find no sign of his brother there at all. "What the... Jace?" Walking further into the large Victorian-styled room that led to the woods of Brocelind plains, he noticed the backdoor open and a silhouette standing under the shimmering vastness.

"Jace!?" As the man turned when he walked out, he was met with the rarest sight ever. Not only were his eyes glimmering gold, but they were also bloodred with a mix of emotions in them. "What are you doing out here?" He asked as he stood right beside Jace, gazing up at the crescent orb casting a bright blanket over their silhouettes.

"Is it time?" Jace asked in a panicked voice. Alec's head turned back to look in his brother's direction and a tingle ran through his body, clearly not an emotion of his.

"No. And you asking that indicates that you've been here for a long time. What happened?" He asked after rubbing calming circles on Jace's chest that he thanked with a light nod.

"Nothing. It's just that..." Jace bit his lip while fidgeting with his fingers. "I still can't believe it's happening. This... marriage... becoming a father... it all feels like a dream. Like, the moment I'll be there, saying the vows, it'll get snatched away from my arms once again. Like it always does. And someone out there would be ecstatic about it. I wasn't built for things like that anyway, that's what I was made to believe. *sniff* I was carved into becoming a perfect fighter, a heartless fighter. I still can't process that I met a woman who saw beyond that. It's... it's not a good part of a nightmare, is it Alec? She won't vanish, right?"

"Come here," Alec whispered and wrapped his brother in a tight hug, who silently sobbed into his shoulder. "I know why you think that way but believe me, Jace you're much more than a perfect object someone tried to make out of you. And Clary sees that." He said while rubbing a soothing pattern on Jace's back. "I know for a fact that you're much more vulnerable with her than me. And even though I first found her annoying, you know why though, she's the perfect woman for you. The perfect mother for your child in her womb.

This isn't a dream, Jace. You'll soon be a husband and a father. And a great one. I believe that, we all believe that. Just because your relationship went through a lot of hardships doesn't mean it always will. This is your day. And take this from a person who was once an insecure, anxious, directionless good for nothing, it changes. With the right person by your side, it changes.

Magnus changed me, Clary changed you. We both never thought of the family we'd get, but we did. Marriage has always been a matter of political alliances for me until Magnus shattered the world I built for myself. Clary did the same for you, and believe me Jace when you see her walking down the aisle, the world will stop around you. It'll seem like a dream, but a good dream. The vows will come out naturally like they were always on your lips. And, I'm a beginner at being a father, but looking at Aulia's smile in the morning is enough to brighten my whole day."

Looking into his brother's eyes, Alec wiped his tears then smoothened the lapels of his golden tuxedo. "This isn't a dream, Jace. Don't let your past affect the happiness of your upcoming life. You are a great person, though annoying, but a great person nonetheless. Just believe in yourself and in your soon-to-be wife. This isn't going away, she isn't going away. And if anything happens, we are all here to fight beside each other, look out for each other. Now, stop with this waterfall, it doesn't suit you."

Chuckling, Jace rubbed his face, followed by a clearing of the throat. "Something must've fallen in my eye."

"No shit!" Alec rolled his eyes. "Let's go and fix that makeup you did. Clary asked for that, didn't she?"

"Fuck! Is it gone?" Jace groaned. "Clary will kill me for ruining it!"

"Come on now, you idiot!" As they turned to head back, they noticed Maryse, Luke, Magnus, and Aulia standing at the edge of the wide-open door, having a soft, undetectable expression on their faces, except Aulia. "How long have you all been here?" He asked as they entered the room.

"Long enough to witness the amazing bond between you two," Luke said with a bright smile.

"Dada, uncy Jace clyin?" Aulia asked in a sad tone, grabbing onto his pants while looking up at Jace.

"Crying? Who, me? No way!"

"Deny as much as you please, Jace, but I know my boys," Maryse stated. "Let me help you with your makeup. We still have the time."

"Dada..."

"Not in a sad way, angel," Alec said as he picked her up and planted a quick peck on her temple. "Do you want to stay with uncle Jace, help granmum?"

"Ya..."

"Kay..." As she hopped out of his arms, he glanced at Magnus and the previous emotions resurfaced. "Um, I-"

"Alexander, can we talk? Privately?" Magnus asked in a small voice, and he nodded, leaving the room together and going back to their room on the same floor a few rooms away. "Umm, I'm.. I'm sorry."

"Why are you mad at me?" He asked straightforward, "Is it because I wasn't able to find time for you today?"

"Is.. is that why you think..." Magnus trailed off, looking at him with a dazed expression.

"Is it... not?"

"What... what did you mean when you said that I don't know how to name a child because I've never been a responsible parent before, earlier at lunch?"

"Why are you asking that?" Alec frowned. "It wasn't a serious argument."

"Just answer."

"Because your naming skills are weird, Magnus. You just pop out random stuff, sometimes they are cute but most of the ti-"

"No, I mean, about not being a responsible parent before. What exactly do you mean by that?"

"Umm, I said that because you aren't. Not before n..." Stopping mid-sentence when Magnus's eyes filled with pain, he mentally cursed himself when he registered the cause of his husband's anger. "Wait, no, shit! Not in that way, fuck! I should've phrased it better. Magnus, you know I don't think like that about you, I can never. You're amazing the way you are, far better than... Asmodeous.

I know you've taken lots of children under your wing, guided them, been a parent figure to them, an amazing parent figure, but when it comes to naming or spending alone time, especially with toddlers, you are far from being responsible. You become a child with them.

I haven't forgotten about the glitter party with Madzie and Roman, or mistakenly making thirty warlock kids drunk, or participating in a face ruining competition with Aulia, that face being mine, Madzie's and Catarina's, or trying to adopt a two-month-old after your break up with Imasu, naming her Kemasygulan, literally meaning heartbreaker, and keeping her on the doorstep of his, stupidity trying to convince him that you're the biological father, one of the reasons of your ban from Peru."

"Catarina told you that?" Magnus's face was the deepest shade of red when he removed his palms that covered it when he started counting the instances, staring wide-eyed without blinking. "That women! I'll kill her! In my defense, I was drunk, okay?"

With a sigh, Alec stepped towards his husband and held both his hands. "Magnus, when you put forward the names like Xandice, Selsia, Silverqueen, really? Silverqueen? anyhow, Gloricia, Xanda, Tranquil... you know what you came up with, that's the instances that came into my mind and I said it without thinking. I didn't mean it in a serious way, Love, and I thought you'd understand. I now realize how wrong it sounded but I really didn't mean it in the way you took it. I'll never cross my limit, Magnus. I know it's a sensitive topic for you."

"I'm... I'm sorry... I guess these pregnancy hormones..." Magnus trailed off and took a deep breath, "I know it sounds like an excuse but it got stuck in my head and I started overthinking. I should've come to you right away instead of keeping in, but Isabelle found me before and I was crying and well..."

"That's why you two were teamed up."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have talked to you like that. It was cold and... not right. I'm really sorry, Alexander."

"It's okay, love." Alec put a finger under his chin and lifted his head, looking directly into those soft brown eyes. "It was a misunderstanding and wrong choice of words. I love you for who you are." Leaning in, he pecked his lips then knelt down, still holding his one hand. "Drop the glamor"

Obliging, Magnus removed the glamor to reveal his growing belly, following with a satisfying sigh. Placing his palms around it, Alec pecked his two wonders, then looked up into his husband's eyes. "And I can't describe the love I have for them. You all are my world, Magnus. My immortal family. I'll be dead if I lose any of you."

"Don't say that darling." A tear from Magnus's eye fell on his cheek and he stood up, wiping them carefully with a pad of his thumb. Magnus's eyes fluttered with the touch and he leaned in, locking their lips in a hungry kiss. Snaking his arms around Magnus's waist, Alec tilted his head to deepen the kiss, tasting a mix of saltiness and vanilla essence from Magnus's chapstick.

"Alexander..." Magnus panted, cat eyes scanning his own.

"We've got the time, right?"

"I believe so."

"Then lay down in a comfortable position and let me take the lead."

...

"This is supposed to be my day, Alec," Jace whispered, noticing the number of hickeys on his brother's neck that he didn't bother to hide. "And close your zip before the crowd gathers."

"Shit!" Hastily, Alec turned around, hiding behind the curtain and Jace shook his head. These two never got the chill and unfortunately, he had been a witness almost every time. Why was his luck like that? Walking in on people at the very wrong moment.

"Someone's shining in gold, I see." Izzy walked towards them with a bright smile and gave him a light hug, along with a soft peck on his cheek. "I'm so happy for you, Jace. By the way, why is our brother hiding behind a curtain?"

"Your fault!" Alec said in a cold tone as he walked out, the bruise marks no longer there.

"How is you making out with Magnus Izzy's fault?" He frowned.

"Did you two patch up? Thank the angel!"

"Your fault!" Alec repeated, narrowing his eyes at Izzy with a cold stare.

"Hey, why are my siblings having an argument at my wedding? And you and Magnus had a fight?" He looked at Alec and realized the reason for their 'make out'.

"Alec, I'm sorry about earlier. But in my defense, I was trying to look out for my brother-in-law knowing that you were a little, no a lot stressed about the responsibility on your shoulder."

"Not forgiven!" Alec stated and crossed his arms.

"Hey! You forgot Magnus!"

"Yes, because we had a misunderstanding. You, on the other hand, sided with Magnus without knowing the full matter. As much as his words had hurt me, yours too. Why would I try to hurt redhead? Our bitter relationship is in the past, she's my sister now. I love her as much as I love you, Iz. And I genuinely was there to help her, I don't know if she said anything or not but she was missing Jocelyn."

"Oh... I'm really sorry, big brother. Clary didn't say the reason why she was crying and I didn't push."

"Still not forgiven. Know what, you're forbidden from seeing your niece and brother-in-law for a week."

"Heyyy!"

"Woah, this much happened and I know nothing! Why am I always the last person to know things?" He complained and Alec and Izzy chuckled in unison.

"May I have the attention of the shadow world?" A thud of silent brothers' staff echoed through the walls of the mansion. "The ceremony will commence in a while. The crowd is requested to be seated."

"It's happening..." Jace took a shaky deep breath, heartbeat running a million times faster.

"Finally in our position. It's okay to be nervous, we both were. Just don't chicken out." Alec patted his cheek, sporting a bright yet reassuring smile, then left with Izzy to stand as their suggenes.

"I don't chicken out..." Jace mumbled after they left. Standing at the edge of the aisle, he wandered his gaze all around as the crowd started settling.

The mansion had been rebuilt grander than the original, with a touch of victorian, with color theme changed to cream and royal blue. The hall where the crowd had started to gather was the same where Izzy got married, except this time it was larger with more crowd. The people were different though, it wasn't just their family and friends but almost the whole shadow world, with special seats reserved in front for the people they lost. He wondered whether their souls were present there too.

"It's time for the groom to take his position." The silent brother's voice reached his ear just as the royal tune of Herondale bloodline started playing, his cue for walking. Taking a few deep breaths, he proceeded to the stage that had been decorated with a twist of mundane fashion, having bundles of golden roses tied to the pillars.

The altar he walked on had a bed of red and gold flower petals, the room lit with the crystal chandelier reflecting the flames of candles in candelabras hanging in every corner of the grand hall. The whole shadow world was standing there, witnessing a marriage even he never dreamt to occur.

As he stood at the stage, waiting for Clary, his eyes wandered at the people in the crowd. The whole of the front row was empty, with names of the deceased they loved, and for some reason, even Kasper at the very far end. In the second row, the new Council member was seated, following with his family and friends, smiling brightly with tears in their eyes.

After a few moments, the silent brother called again and when Clary entered, his heart stopped. Dressed in a gown that hugged her curves, she looked like an angel walking on air. A light golden veil covered her face but he could still make out her bright, soul binding smile. Tears welled in his eyes as she slowly and gracefully walked to stand in front, wiping the few drops that fell on his face.

"I feel like it's a dream." He breathed out.

"It's not Jace." She said in her melodious, cheerful voice and a few more tears fell on his face. Resisting the urge to unveil and kiss, he went for her hand and gently took it in his, respecting the mundane tradition she incorporated and grew up believing. As the crowd settled, he noticed how his family's smile grew brighter.

"We are here to celebrate the marriage of Johnathan Christopher Herondale and Clarissa Adele Fairchild. With rituals accustomed to human traditions, the bride and groom may say their vows."

Releasing a shaky deep breath from his mouth, Jace looked into Clary's eyes through the veil and felt her hand gently squeezing his. "May we f'rev'r beest lov'rs, may we f'rev'r beest cater-cousins,"

"And shouldst we did hurt each oth'r, may we apace maketh amends." Her smile grew wider.

"May we enjoyeth our passion, but nev'r alloweth compassion kicketh the bucket," Jace continued,

"Bethinking in selfless t'rms as we, nev'r emphasising I."

"May we f'rev'r beest soul-mates, may our loveth et'rnally lasteth," He felt a tingle in his chest that kept growing as they proceeded with the vows.

"May the food of loveth sustain us, may we nev'r has't to festinate." Clary's eyes welled and he lightly squeezed her hands.

"May we useth each oth'r's strengths, at which hour we art humour weak,"

"May we both learneth to compromise, and at each moment as one voice speaketh." Her voice shook, but he could make out the excitement in her tone.

"may we nev'r keepeth dark secrets, may we nev'r bid each oth'r lies,"

"may we both w'rk unceasingly, to ensureth our loveth nev'r dies." A teardrop fell on her face as she took a step forward and so did he.

{Copyright for beautiful poem goes to Clive Blake, translated using Shakesperean translator}

"Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm; for love is as strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave." They completed their vows in unison and the cheer from their family didn't go unnoticed.

"It is now time for Johnathan Christopher Herondale and Clarissa Adele Fairchild to mark each other with Wedded Union rune. A rune on the hand, a rune on the heart, and a union is born."

Taking the steles from Alec and Izzy, their respective parabatais as their suggenes, who had a proud yet warm smile on their lips, they marked each other with the respective rune, the light burn of which set up the marking of their new life.

"With the powers given by angels, I pronounce you as one."

Unveiling his new wife's veil, Jace leaned in and pecked her lips then went down on one knee and kissed his child, looking up into her bright green eyes and the gasps from the ones who didn't know of their pregnancy left a warmness in his chest. "I love you, Clary and I promise to be the best father to our child. No matter how many obstacles he throws in our way."

Cupping his face, Clary leaned down and kissed his head, and for the first time, the perfection of his hair didn't matter. "I believe in you, Jace. And words can't describe how happy I'm right now, to be called your wife. I love you too, so, so much."

*********************************

*Five months later*

*Lightwood Bane house*

"Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom... *slurp* nom, nom.."

"You know, I'm gonna miss this child version of you." Maryse laughed while filling another spoonful with chicken creme soup, wiping the excess that dripped from the edge of his lip and warmth flushed through Magnus's face.

"Please Maryse, don't do... agghhh.. do that."

"Do what?" She giggled, playing innocent, bringing the spoon to his lips and he opened his mouth happily.

"Oh come on, don't I know... agghhh! know that you're never gonna stop embarrassing me with... AGHH! with the stories of what I did during pregnancy."

"Magnus, are you okay?" She gently stroked his humongous belly and he leaned his head carefully on the headrest when the wave of pain subsided once again.

"Yeah, it's just that these two queens are very active today." He licked his lips then glanced at the bowl in his mother-in-law's hand. "More..."

"I'm never forgiving these moments." She grinned, feeding him another spoonful of the delicious soup his husband made. Even after doing every right thing for the betterment of the shadow world, someone or the other keeps finding a way to create misery, taking most or all of his husband's time, like right now. Instead of being in his arms, like they both wanted, Alec was busy looking over the report of the recent convicts that somehow got preponed to happen in the next half hour.

So, not only did his dear husband have to leave for the gard empty stomach, he also needed to make sure that no innocent had been on the list, thus his butt was stuck in his study after giving Maryse the responsibility to take care of him.

"Mm..." A wave of nausea hit his mouth and he blocked the spoon with his hand, forcing it back when another shot of pain ran through his ribs into the abdomen. Panting, he slowly rubbed his belly when wetness grew around his thighs under the blanket. Had he just peed because of the pain? Right in front of Maryse? Warmth rushed from his neck up to his face when another wave of pain hit him hard. What was wrong with him today?

"Magnus, are you okay? You're scaring me."

"Ugh, yea... yeah I'm fine. Can you please.. umm.. bring a bucket from the bathroom? I feel like throwing up. Don't know why."

"Yeah, sure." Keeping the bowl on the side table, Maryse rushed to the bathroom and he quickly threw off the blanket on the other side, trying to look at the mess but unable to because of the bump when another, stronger pain hit right over his abdomen. "Aghhh!"

"Magnus he- By the angel!"

The bucket fell on the ground with a loud thud and he froze, unable to meet Maryse's eyes, scared of seeing the disgust in them. If it was his Alexander, then it wouldn't be a problem at all. That man had witnessed him in the worst case possible and never said a word, but Maryse though....

"You're in labor! Why didn't you say so, Magnus!? ALEC!"

Snapping his head in her direction, he stared at the woman wide-eyed. "What!? It's.. it's not... pee?"

"Magnus, I'm a mother of three, I know the difference between pee and labor fluid. Your water broke. ALEC LIGHTWOOD BANE! Are you feeling strong waves of pain? Right at your abdomen?"

"Ughh, yeah, for a wh.. AGHH! while..."

"By the angel! ALEXANDER LIGHTWOOD BA-" Before she could finish, Alec rushed in, his puppy eyes holding a kind of fear he had never seen before.

"Mom, wh- *gasp* your water broke?"

"How did you... AGHHH!" Rushing by his side, Alec held his hand when another wave died down.

"Cat guided me through it last month, plus your pregnancy pee stinks so bad that it's distinguishable. Mom, can you call Catarina?"

"I... I can't.. move..." He said when his muscles stiffened around his waist. Why was his bump so big? "AAAGHHHH! Alexander!"

"I'm here, love."

...

Alec's heart raced as he gripped Magnus's hand, his every scream giving him a tiny heart attack. A few seconds later, Catarina ran out of the portal, her eyes becoming wide at the sight. "Oh goodness!"

"I can't move, Catarina. I don't know... AAAAHHHH!"

"Magnus! Cat-'

"You can't even get up?" Cat rushed by his side, checking his vitals.

"No...Aaggghhhh!" No... I don't..."

"Breathe, Magnus. I think we need to transfer the OT here. Alec, call Rosette and other warlocks. I'll be needing a lot of help."

"Okay..." Taking out his phone, he turned towards Maryse. "Mom, can you inform the others? And inform Aline to take my place at the gard please."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Hours later*

After a painful gender change spell, not so pleasing cesarian section, lots of yells and screams, a ruined bedsheet, and a grumpy warlock, their daughters were out in the world, healthy and laughing on top of their lungs.

"Never make me pregnant again!" Magnus huffed as Alec gently cleaned his husband's body with a soft, wet cotton ball. Somehow, Magnus's body reacted weirdly to the spell so after getting his own body back, he found himself drenched in weird fluid and Catarina informed him not to bathe right away so here he was, pampering to his husband's needs.

"Wasn't intentional and you know it." He said in a whisper but Magnus clearly heard that.

"Hey, I'm not complaining darling, I'm saying out of frustration. That labor pain was the worst kind of pain I ever had."

"Makes sense." Alec chuckled just as Catarina and Rosette arrived with their babies, having them all cleaned and wrapped in towels.

"Here you go. Your queens."

With a bright smile, Alec held one in his arms while Rosette placed the other in Magnus's.

"She has your hazel eyes," Magnus said, cradling her as tiny arms tried to reach for the hair falling over his face. "Innocent and beautiful."

"I'm gonna say this one has your cat eyes, but silver," Alec said with a bright smile, combing his fingers through her soft, light hair, earning a joyous laugh from his little munchkin.

"What!?" They exclaimed in unison.

"I swear they were green till now." Rosette said. "Looks like she recognizes you for what you are, Alec."

"They're beautiful." Cat smiled. "So what about the names? And don't tell me Magnus named them!"

Alec laughed while the warlock's lips formed a cute pout. "No, he hasn't. And judging by their eyes, I think we're clear which name suits whom."

"So?" Rosette asked excitedly.

"This one would be Aurora and that, Cateline. Aurora and Cateline Lightwood Bane. Our perfect family of five."

"Our perfect immortal family." Magnus corrected. Alec grinned and left a feather-light peck on his forehead.

"Yes, immortal family, like our immortal love."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
The End

It had been a bittersweet experience in writing this book, but I finally managed to complete it after losing inspiration and motivation a lot of times. Since I know that there are many aspects and characters that can be explored, I'm giving you all the right to continue or make a spin-off of this or explore it however you want, coz, to be honest, I have no inspiration left for this on whatsoever. But let me know if you do, and please credit my duology in your works, it'll be much appreciated. I'll be happy to read them.

See you in other Malec universes!

Piadreamer ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.4K 4.9K 31
"The law is hard but it is the law" Alec Lightwood is a cop for the NYPD. He comes from a long line of cops in the family. He loves his job. He loves...
28.7K 1K 68
//"Be stealthy, be strong and will-minded. Be honest and kind. Be survivors because you are a Falcon. And Falcons always survive." // Hyacinth Falcon...
49.6K 2.3K 47
Magnus Bane, The High Warlock of Brooklyn, wasn't just an ordinary Warlock, he was one of the rarest and strongest Warlock Universe has ever witness...
9.3K 426 22
A sequel to my first story, Born Confused! *__________________* Upon waking up from a year long coma, Alec Lightwood soon learns his life with Magnus...