Reckless Love

By aloeveraforever

When Julia finds out she has to marry the billionaire Jared Cunning, her life turns upside down.Both of them... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
** Authors Note **

Chapter 35

6K 130 25
By aloeveraforever

"Congratulations!" Liza yelled as she threw herself at me and Tim for a hug.

Tim and I smiled at her and returned the hug.

We had just walked off the stage after throwing our grad caps so everyone was cheering and clapping.

"I'm so proud of you guys!" she exclaimed as she ushered us out of the large auditorium.

"Thanks!" Tim replied cheerfully. "Hey, I'm going to go take pictures with my family. I'll catch up tonight at the party," Tim said as he gave me a hug and left to meet his family.

There were lots of people coming in and out so we walked to the back entrance to meet up with everyone else.

"So, are you excited for college? I heard you and Jared both got accepted into Brown University!" Liza excitedly stated as we say down on a bench.

I awkwardly laughed and nodded my head. "Yeah, but I think we'll both be on our own ways. Jared basically graduated from college through Cambridge so he'll probably only be at Brown part-time."

Liza smiled at me and patted me on the shoulder. "Jared is a busy guy now but don't worry, he'll still be there for you."

Yeah right.

Now that I want him to be there for me.

"Oh! Jared's out," Liza exclaimed.

"JARED!" Liza yelled, running towards her brother.

I watched as Jared gave her a hug and pecked her cheek.

He gave her a small smile as she released her from the hug.

They started talking and then Liza pointed towards my direction.

Jared looked my way and that's when we both made eye contact.

He looked dashing with his black and maroon gown with his hair styled neatly with strands falling across his forehead.

We had left separately so we hadn't seen each other in the morning.

He started making his way towards me with his powerful, yet cold demeanor.

Why is he making me feel this way?

I suddenly felt hot and looked away.

"Julia. Congratulations," Jared said as he stood in front of me.

I looked up and saw him smile at me.

Damn that smile.

My heart was beating so fast it felt like my chest would explode.

I released a small chuckle and stood up.

"Uhh thanks. Congrats to you too," I said in a low voice, giving him an awkward smile.

"You look nice," he suddenly said.

A compliment? From Jared?

I faced him with a questioning look.

He chuckled and smiled. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

I looked down and rubbed my neck. "It's nothing."

He didn't say anything but I could tell he was still holding in a chuckle.

I cleared my throat and tried to change the conversation.

"So what's the plan for today?" I asked casually.

He straightened his tie and unzipped his gown.

"Lunch with the family and then the party at 6."

"Oh, well then I'll be at home chilling until the party."

He shook his head and took something out of his pocket.

"Come eat lunch with us."

"Listen, your mom doesn't like me so I don't think she would feel comfortable if I was there," I stated hesitantly.

"It's fine. I don't care about her," he said nonchalantly. "I want you there."

He then took my hand and placed a small box on my palm.

"What's this?" I asked, intensely wondering why he was suddenly giving me this.

He placed his hands in his trouser pockets and shrugged his shoulders. "Graduation present."

Upon realizing, I immediately shook my head and tried to give the box back to him. "It's okay. You don't need to give me anything."

He took the box from my hands and then opened it to show me a diamond ring placed inside.

My eyes widened as he took my left hand and slid the ring onto my ring finger.

I tried to pull my hand back but he adamantly wouldn't let go.

"Just wear it. We're engaged so if we turn up to the party without rings, people would be suspicious."

Wow.

So the ring was just for show.

He didn't genuinely give me a present.

I gazed at the ring and fought the urge to roll my eyes.

I gave him a tight lipped smile and thanked him.

"JARED! JULIA!" Jaxon shouted from the hallway as he ran toward us.

Jared grabbed my hand and held me close to him as the boys and his family walked towards us.

Jaxon ran up to us and gave us each a tight hug. Will and Asher smiled and verbally congratulated us.

"Yooo, the party tonight is going to be great!" Jaxon exclaimed.

I chuckled while Asher rolled his eyes at his friend.

Then the boys all left toward another direction as Jareds mother, Amelia, came up to speak with us.

"Congratulations Jared. I'm proud of you," she exclaimed formally.

She tried to lean in for a hug but Jared backed away.

Amelia seemed hurt by his rude gesture but said nothing.

She then turned towards me and gave a forced tight lipped smile.

"Julia, congrats. I hope you understand what you're getting yourself into. I thought you would make the right decision but it seems you're even more selfish than I thought."

I frowned but before I could answer, Jared intervened and held me close to him.

"She's going to be part of our family soon. Don't talk to her like that again."

This is awkward.

Amelia shook her head and sighed.

"I won't be going to lunch or the party tonight. I'll see myself out," she stated, throwing me a dirty look and then leaving.

Jared let me go and took a seat by the bench.

He took out a cigarette and lit it.

"Don't worry about her. Once we're married, I'll promise to keep you away from her."

He closed his eyes as he smoked.

I awkwardly stood there and stared at my shoes.

I just want to go home.

I'm tired of getting in these awkward situations.

"Well, well, if it isn't the power couple!" someone said from a distance.

Both Jared and I glanced up to see Harry Cunning walking towards us in a black suit, a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

Jared immediately threw his cigarette on the floor and stood up to stand by me.

"What brings you here?" Jared questioned as he put his arms around me.

Harry noticed the gesture but chose to ignore it as he handed me the flowers in his hand.

"For you," he said with a smirk.

As I was about to take the flowers, Jared took them and threw them on the floor.

"She doesn't need your flowers," he angrily spat. "What are you doing here Harry?"

"Always so rude Jared. You haven't changed," Harry said with a hint of annoyance. "I'm just here to congratulate my cousin and his fiancé. What wrong with that?"

"Don't come when you aren't invited."

Harry didn't say anything as he simply ignored Jared and smiled at me.

"Julia! Nice to see you again."

"Hey Harry," I awkwardly said. Jared's grip on my arm was tight and I could tell he was annoyed at Harry's presence.

"Jared?" a female voice from behind us asked.

We all turned around to see this beautiful girl with long hair standing behind us.

I've never seen her before. Who was she?

As Jared realized who it was, I felt him stiffen.

He suddenly loosened his grip on me and ran a hand through his hair.

"Blair! What are you doing here? Long time no see!" Harry exclaimed, walking up to her with a smile.

The girl named Blair smiled back and shook his hand.

"Harry, it's been a while. It's nice to see you. I'm surprised you're here," she calmly stated.

"I was just here to support my baby cousin you know."

Blair smiled and then looked at me.

She raised her brow and walked up to me.

"Hi, I'm Blair Anniston. You are?"

Just as I was about to introduce myself, Jared took my hand and led me away from them.

"What are you doing?" I questioned as his grip on my hand tightened.

"I don't want to see either of those two right now," he stated as we exited the building and walked towards the parking lot.

"Why? Who is Blair? Do you know her?"

He didn't answer my question and kept walking towards his car.

"Who is she?" I asked again.

He opened the door to his car and faced me with a blank look.

"I guess you could call her an old fling. She was obsessed with me and wouldn't leave me alone till I left Cambridge. I don't know what she's doing here."

Old fling?

Obsessed with him?

He was with someone before he came here?

What else is he hiding?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 1.1K 54
*The sequel to Across the Pond* Brooks Caldwell is the bane of my existence. Has been ever since I've known him. And, of course, luck would have it t...
8.5K 405 35
Will it be Anastasia and Nathaniel against the world? Despite all the odds, they always find their way back to each other and the universe has a funn...
601 25 21
"Your body speaks louder than your words,"- he said adamantly. "Your beautiful face is trying to hide emotions, but your eyes are giving you away." H...
4.6K 832 29
My name is Ainsley Morris I'm 17 years old and am a junior in high school. I only have one secret that I keep from my best friend Lola Colt. That se...