𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 ✓

By cupidflakes_8

"I love her. I know my Priya will come back to me. My Piya-" "She is married" Irfan's words felt like a stab... More

Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Character introduction
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19

Chapter-8

3.2K 256 64
By cupidflakes_8

Back with a new chapter!

Dear, readers please shower your love through votes when I am trying hard to update even in my busy schedule.
Hope you guys understand!

Enjoy reading!

I pack lunch for Avni, Rehaan, Siya and myself while Rehaan is arranging the table. Avni is going to quit her job till her baby turns one and I am planning to move out. All these days, since Avni too could support us financially it helped so far but Rehaan couldn't do it alone. Siya and I will be a burden to him if we stay here. I just hope they will agree to it.

Filling the juice in the tumbler for Avni and Siya, I put it in their respective bags. I turn back only to see Rehaan trying to make Avni drink juice while she keeps whining. Tears roll down my cheeks as a memory of Charan gushes into my head.

"Priya just one glass. It's been two hours, you didn't have anything. Please, cupcake, here drink this juice," he said trying to make me drink.

My head was buried in between the books when I replied to him, ''No! I don't feel like eating anything. Let me study." He sighed and snatched away my books. I looked at him narrowing my eyes. "What-"

"Drink," he interrupted me in a cold tone. I shook my head and turned to the other side. I felt him inching towards me "Priya, see, our baby wanna drink juice it seems." He placed his ear on my 6-month baby bump.

I smacked his head. "Don't lie. He doesn't want to drink anything." Giving a warning look, I looked away again.

Wrapping his arm on my shoulder, he scooted closer, ''She wants to drink juice, Priya. See she is crying."

I looked at my belly and caressed it with a smile when I felt a kick. "He doesn't want to drink anything. Now, come on, shoo...shoo,'' I grabbed my books into my lap to start the final revision for my last semester exams.

I heard him inhale a heavy breath and from the corner of my eyes, I noticed him turning towards the kitchen "Fine! Avni, I am not gonna have my lunch today," My eyes widened as his words hit my eardrums.

"Why? What happened? Why don't you want to eat?" I asked.

He looked at me with a smile which later turned into a fake frown. "When my kid is being hungry how can I eat like that?" I pouted at his dramatic reply.

I pushed my finger in his chest, gritting my teeth, "Charan, you are blackmailing me."

He took my hand and kissed my fingertips, "I am not. You tell me, will you eat without feeding our daughter? No, right? Then, do you feel that I am blackmailing still?"

I retracted my hand from his hold, pulling my lips into a pout. "Still, I don't want to eat now," I looked ahead as I knew he could make me change my decision with single eye contact.

He inclined front to look at my face and he flashed his infamous smirk which makes every girl weak in knees "Avni, don't make lunch for me-"

"No, he eats and so do I," I cut him off gritting my teeth. This bastard always has his ways to make me accept his demands without a great effect. He chuckled pulling me to him.

"I love you," he mumbled in my ears making me look down blushing. He began saying it numerous times since we came to know that I was expecting a baby.

Hearing a clicking sound, I and Charan looked in front. "Perfect," Rehaan squealed like a kid and showed us our pic.

"Indeed Perfect," Avni's soft voice filled with gleefulness making me smile. I smiled hugging Charan.

"Priya?''

Avni's and Rehaan's soft call breaks my trance. I turn away wiping my tears not wanting them to witness my pain when they are preparing themselves to welcome the bundle of happiness, but I know my friends well. They take me in their embrace as my heart etched for it.

Rehaan caresses my head, as I control my sobs "Shh...don't cry," he tries to placate me like he has been doing since that day.
But is this heart ever gonna get its peace?

I shake my head and bury my face in Avni's neck. Though my suffering started because of them, in the end, it prospered because of me affecting their lives too and I can't help but feel responsible for it. "I am sorry. I am extremely sorry. Everything is because of-"

"Our fates. No one should be blamed here," Rehaan impedes me and wipes my tears.

''God might have taken Charan and your everything away from you but he gave you Siya. You should be thankful and be happy. Don't cry," Avni says cupping my face. I smile and look at Siya who is staring at us with teary eyes.

She walks to me with her tiny legs trembling, noticing tears in my eyes. "Mumma, what happened? Why are you crying?” She hugs my legs. I lift her in my arms and kiss her forehead.

I mask my face with fake sadness and say, "Mumma is crying because of Siya.” She looks at me innocently with her big doe eyes. Same eyes. Suppressing my giggle, I continue, "Because Siya is eating ice creams a lot and Doctor Uncle told me that he will give you a big injection. I can't see my baby like that, so I am crying." She gasps dramatically and hugs my neck.

She rubs my butt, "No injection, mumma. Siya isn't gonna eat ice cream again," she cries softly.

I giggled while swatting her hand and, peck her lips with a smile causing her to scrunch her nose. "Very good decision, baby. Now, let's have breakfast," I walk to the dining table and make her sit in her chair. Tucking a napkin at her neck, I feed her breakfast while she tells stories about her school friends.

After giving a long lecture to Avni, I step out of the house with Siya in my arms. I make her sit inside and put her bag in the back seat before settling myself in the driving seat. Soon we reached Siya's school and she kept on looking at me during the whole ride.

I turn to her and narrow my eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask her. She grinned and crawled into my lap kissing my chin.

"Today you look more beautiful than every day, mumma," she said. I looked at her blankly.

"I am not lying. I don't want ice cream too. You really look gorgeous, Mumma," she says, pinching her throat. I chuckle and kiss her forehead.

"Thank you, baby," I smile and look at myself in the mirror. I wore a maroon full-sleeved Kurti paired with maroon pants and a black and maroon floral dupatta and left my hair open.

"Now, you are getting late. Come on, get down," I usher Siya and make her wear her bag. Kissing her forehead, I send her inside waving at her when Vasudha Mam, The Principal of this kindergarten walks towards me.

“Hey, Priya,” she smiles at me. I bend down to touch her feet but she stops me, “Daughters don't touch the feet. You are like my Ahana.”

“Let me, Mam,” I touch her feet and take her blessings. When I get on my feet, I look at her with utmost admiration, “For what you did for me, you deserve everything. My devotion is as much as my love.

She kisses my forehead and side-hugs me, “How is everything?”

“Rehaan and Avni are pregnant,” She gasps and I chuckle, “Two months. I found it yesterday. Don't tell them that I already told you. Act surprised.”

“Sure,” She laughs and looks at me intensely. “You seem different. Did you meet Siddharth?”

Chills spread throughout me and I close my eyes with a nod. “Two times. Yesterday, I couldn't hold my emotions.”

She cups my face and kisses my forehead, “He is married, Priya,” she reminds me.

I smile. “I know, Mam,” I nod at her. “It was a minor flip. I won't let it happen once again.”

She looks at me painfully while I tell her about the beach incident and then, the restaurant incident.

Bidding her bye I get into the car and drive to the office.

As I step out of the car and walk inside, I feel a different atmosphere today. Everyone is running here and there, the office is kept clean than usual and also adorned with unwanted decorations.

I see Kshama walking around, ordering someone in her usual arrogant tone applying lipstick to her lips and making them highlight. Pulling a forceful smile on my lips, I reach for her.

"Is there anything special today, Kshama? Everyone seems busy," I say, looking around and turning back to her. She is smirking at me and this isn't a good one.

"Obviously, it's special, Priya. You are getting kicked out of this office," she smirks while I wriggle my eyebrows in confusion.

She eyes me up and down. "Well the CEO is changed overnight and also the P.A. has to be changed too. Arora Sir took his retirement and he didn't tell you because you have to take your shitty things away from here by yourself. I heard the new CEO is sinfully handsome and I don't think he likes to have an ugly bitch P.A. like you," she smirks, walking away by swaying her hips.

I stand there rooted in tears.

CEO is changed.

If the CEO is changed, he will have his own PA. I am jobless once again. I bite my lips to stop myself from breaking down. Holding my tears back, I walk to my cabin and close the door, leaning against it.

"Why God is cruel to me? What sin I have committed to making me go through this pain? If I lose this job, how will I feed my baby? Just because Mr Arora understood my situation, he gave me this job. I don't have my certificates too. My brother burnt even them. Daddy passed orders across the country not to give me employment. How shall I pay for Siya's education? I don't have savings either as Siya had a lung infection and I had to spend all the savings on hospital bills," I cry at my fate.

I walk to my chair and sit on it sniffling.

"Siya," I sob, palming my face. "I am sorry, baby. Mumma is a failure. She can't protect you. She can't provide you with the best education. She can't give you a childhood as every child gets from their parents."

"Marry me, Priya," I hear a voice making me look up and I find Asshole Rushank with a wicked smirk on his face. He nears me and touches my shoulder standing behind me. I flinch and tears spill out of my eyes like rivers.

I feel his breath on my neck as I close my eyes feeling disgusted. "Be my sex slave in our room and wife to this world. I am telling you once again, that you and Siya will enjoy luxuries if you marry me, Darling. You have no other choice than me," he says and I feel his lips on my neck.

Without notice, I pull his hair making him yelp in pain. Turning around without leaving his hair, I kick in his guts.

''You bastard!" I screamed at the top of my lungs releasing all my pain, anger and frustration.

"How dare you illtreat me, you son of a bitch? How dare you?" I scream with pain but not even a single teardrop escapes my eyes. I am tired. I am deadly tired. As he is yelping in pain cupping his private part, I kick on his face. I am not his employee anymore. I don't have to face this humiliation anymore.

Bending to his level, I hold his collar and punch his nose. "How dare you touch me when I begged you to leave me? How dare you think that women are weak? How dare you think I would give in to your unethical offers? I will even reach from door to door and even work as a maid but I never let you step on my dignity," I slap him continuously.

I pull up the knot of his tie tight choking him making it hard for him to breathe. "Maybe my father kicked me out. Maybe my brother killed me alive. Maybe my mother let them do it. Maybe my family, Deshmukhs, might have left me on the roads but I am still Deshmukh. Deshmukhs blood runs in veins. Above all that, I am still the same old Priya," I yell at him, pulling his hair and banging his head on the ground continuously. I stand up and smirk at him while he groans in pain. "They can't be in their pants, right?" I ask, pointing at his manhood. I kick in his manhood digging my heel into him as he screams in pain. "I taught them manners and how to be obedient."

I give a final kick before storming out of the cabin. Going inside the washroom, I sink my head between my shoulders sobbing. I feel his hands on my arms, on my waist, on my neck and my lips. I scrub them wildly until they turn dark red.

Composing myself, I wash my face and look at my face in the mirror. I chuckle dryly at my fate.

Why is it happening to only me? Again?

I feel like shouting. Cry. Pour my heart. But my family didn't leave a single person for me to hear about my pain.

Wiping my face, I go to pack my belongings. As I reach my cabin, I see Mr Arora standing out and is about to knock.

"Mr Arora," I smile in his direction. He turns to me and gives me the brightest smile.

"Good morning, Priya. Well, I don't think you are unaware of the overnight CEO," he flashes a sad smile.

I nod my head. "I know it, Sir," I say with pain lacing in my voice.

"You are not my P.A. anymore, Priya. I am stepping down from all the responsibilities and handing it over to Rushank," he adds.

I look at him surprised but compose myself soon. "I know, Sir. I am really thankful for helping me out by understanding my situation by going against my father and facing many threats and fall downs because of me. For accepting me even when I didn't have certificates and also for hiding my identity from everyone here," I join my hands in gratitude. This man deserves that for making my life easier even when he doesn't know me.

I gulp the painful lump formed in my throat, "It was great working for you and with you, Sir. Working under you has improved my skills and capabilities," I whisper, blinking away my tears.

He steps towards me and pats my hair lovingly. "Where will you work then?" He asks. His question tongue-ties me. Even I don't know where I will work. I don't know if I will  For my Siya, I can even work anything but even before I step into it, my father and brother will destroy that place and those people.

I pull a cool face as I say, "I don't know but I will find one soon."

"Will you give me a chance to offer you a job?" He asks with a smile.

“W-what?” I look at him shocked and ask, "Will you?"

He chuckles at my shocked face and replies, "I will."

"Why? Why are you taking these many risks for me, Sir? You know my father can destroy you, your family and your empire, then, why are you doing all this to a mere stranger?" I ask him with tears.

His face twists painfully, a regret washes over his face, "Priya, I have done many sins and I want to repent it by doing favours for someone who desperately asked me to take you under my wings and give you financial support," he says.

"Who?" I whisper shocked as I don't know anyone who has connections with him.

"My son," he mumbled, a proud smile dancing on his lips.
That asshole?

"Rushank Arora?" I ask him completely surprised. He shakes his head no making me confused.

True! Why does that bastard have such a good heart to help a woman? All he knows is to get into women's pants. Bloody bastard!!

"Rehaan Arora, your best friend, Rehaan," he says, making me gasp and cup my mouth in shock.

"He warned me not to reveal his identity to anyone including you. But being his father and not being able to introduce him as my son is killing me, Priya. Because he is your best friend, I couldn't stop myself from revealing it. At least to one in this world, I can proudly say that he is my son," he says pouring his heart out while I am still processing this new information. Why didn't Rehaan tell me this when I considered him as my brother? Why did he hide his real identity? Is Avni aware of it? Born to a billionaire man, why did he grow up in an orphanage and tag himself as an orphan?

Wiping his tears, he wavers his warm stare at me, "Anyways, back to the topic, since our new CEO is the owner of many multinational companies, he needed another PA to handle this firm. Since you did a very good job which actually flourished my business, he demanded you and I gladly agreed to it. So, you are going to be the secretary of this firm to our new CEO and will be paid double the salary I paid you," he said.

My lips break into a grin as my prayers are answered this soon. "Really? As in I can still educate my daughter? She can still go to school? I can give everything she asks for?'' I shoot a series of questions as my heart dances in happiness. He chuckles and ruffles my hair.

"Yes, you can. You can educate your daughter and take care of her like a princess," he said smiling.

"Thank you. Thank you very much, Sir,'' I thank him, holding his hand.

"You are the daughter of a top industrialist, Priya. You might know how tricky businessmen are to not let go of talented and efficient workers like you. Thank our CEO, Priya. He understood your situation and accepted you based on your hard work without caring about the certificates. Do your best and always bring yourself up by giving your hundred per cent efforts for your job," he says. I smile, nodding my head vigorously.

"Who is our CEO?" I ask him.

He looks past me and smiles. "Seems like he has come, let's go and I want you to welcome him," he walks ahead and I follow behind him.

As we reach there, everyone already is standing at the entrance. When they see Mr Arora, they make a way for him and I follow his lead. I shoot a pompous smile at Kshama and snatch the bouquet from her. Before she shouts at me, I push a rose in her mouth.
Take that bitch!

I veer around and find a figure walking inside. The first thing that comes into my view is his shoes. This man must be so height as his shoes are so long. Lifting my gaze from his shoes, I run it along his long and slender legs clad in his black trousers, ironed neatly. Moving my gaze further, I see his narrow trunk and broad shoulders. He isn't bulky or muscular but a lean and perfect figure with great abs behind his white shirt which hugged his body. I find his large fingers buttoning his black coat and I run my gaze to his collar where the tie is neatly settled between lapels and the way his own Adam's apple bobbles up and down makes me gulp. Shifting my gaze to his face, I look at my new boss's face and freeze.

Siddharth Sir?
No!
The one and only sinfully handsome Siddharth Malhotra?

I look at his face properly and notice a smirk on his lips. I blush looking down as he caught me checking him out which is unlike me. This makes me remember the first time I checked him out properly.

Flashback

It was Inaya's birthday and a small party was arranged with only friends and family. After a lot of begging, my brother permitted me to go to the party but with full tight security. But as usual, blackmailing my father, I could finally loosen the bodyguards' hold on me. Dropping me at the street end, they waited there while I walked to Inaya's house. It isn't as big as a mansion or small just a house but a perfect home with homely vibes.

I entered inside holding the gift and saw hustle-bustle since Inaya's family is a joint one with four uncles and their families along with her grandparents. I smiled seeing her cousins. Since my father had only a sister who is a cruel bitch and I have an only brother I don't know how it feels to have a huge family.

"Priya," Inaya shouted as soon as she spotted me at the doorstep admiring their house which looked like a mansion from the inside, unlike its exterior look which seemed like a normal villa. Inaya ran to me and squeezed me in her arms making me chuckle at her over-enthusiasm acts.

"Happy birthday once again, Inu," I said and handed her a gift. She smiled thanked me and introduced me to her family. I gave them sweet boxes which I brought for them as it's the first time I have met Inaya's family.

"You need not bring this, Priya," Inaya's mom said caressing my hair lovingly.

"My mom would run here from Hyderabad to kill me if she came to know that I went to someone's house without anything to offer," I said dramatically making her chuckle. "It's mom teaching us to get something when we go to anyone's house".

"I liked your best friend, Inu di," one of Inaya’s cousins said side hugging me. I smiled.

"Well, she has many admirers for nature and also her beauty," Irfan bhaiyya said from behind. I turned to him blushing. After that incident when I wrecked his nose, we became very close.

I flashed an innocent smile, "Aunty, you know our Sarah?" I shot a teasing glance at Irfan bhaiyya, smirking. Blood rushed to his cheeks and he scratched his back.

"Yours and Inu's best friend right?" Inaya's mom asked wriggling her eyebrows. "Maybe more than a best friend, Aunty. Bhabhi? Isn't it, bhaiyya?" I asked making him tongue-tied. Sensing him getting anxious, I immediately changed the topic, "BTW where is Sarah, Inu?"

"She will be here in 10 minutes,'' Irfan bhaiyya said before Inaya could reply. I raised my eyebrow at him.  "I-I wi-will be back," he ran away as Aunty was looking at him confused and doubtful. Suddenly he bumped into someone and before he fell, the person held him by the waist.

Everyone turned their attention to him and saw Siddharth holding Irfan in his arms which are wrapped around Irfan bhaiyya's waist while he held Siddharth's arms. I burst out laughing followed by everyone as they both looked like heroes and heroines in a romantic movie.

Siddharth looked at me and left Irfan bhaiyya on the floor making him yelp. Looking at me, he smiled widely pulling his jacket closer and running his fingers in the air to make them look perfect. I smiled back. Though we never met much personally after that day when I treated his wounds, still, whenever we collide our path, we just pass a smile and his smile never fails to scutter my heart with overwhelmed and strange feelings.

Our eye contact broke when we heard a laugh. We looked at the door and found Sarah laughing at Irfan bhaiyya. He immediately stood up and glared at Siddharth for making him embarrassed in front of Sarah. When Sarah and Irfan bhaiyya's eyes locked, her laugh died as she was still scared of Irfan bhaiyya.

In no time, Trisha, Pari and Varun joined us. Inaya's mom asked everyone to come for the cake-cutting. Inaya was looking like a Cinderella in her blue gown. She cut the cake and fed her giant family. Inaya's cousins being chirpy like her, pulled me and Sarah to dance. As I was dancing, I felt a strong gaze on me making me blush deep red. I turned back and saw Siddharth looking at me without averting his gaze. I wasn't able to handle his gaze anymore, so I just moved away, took a juice glass and sat beside Inaya looking at Sarah who was dancing with Irfan bhaiyya laughing.
They look cute together!

"Hey, bitch!" It's none other than Trisha who is 'b' herself but calling me one. Since I was not interested in picking up a fight with her now, I just ignored her.

"Seems like she is enjoying the lavishness for the first time to even ignore the name she is called with," Pari taunted. I smirked internally. If they come to what I am really, they will start licking my feet.

"Such a gold digger. She trapped Inaya as her father is one of the best hoteliers in our country," Trisha said. I passed her a ridiculous glance. Like seriously? Till now we never discussed what our fathers do, maybe that's why my friends aren't aware of my actual identity. Until I came to Inaya's home which is like a villa from the outside and like a mansion from the inside, I didn't know that they were filthy rich and here these stupid girls were commenting on me.

I silently got up as my patience was running thin and I knew, that if my anger was triggered, I might not have control of myself. As I was going towards Inaya's cousin, Trisha intentionally threw her juice on my dress.
Such a bitch!

I glared at her. "How dare you?” I whisper-yelled at her. She was smirking.

"What? Are your footpath clothes ruined? Don't worry, bitch. I will ask my maid to get her daughter's clothes for you," Trisha laughed at her comment while Pari joined her.

'My single dress costs your father's whole month's salary bitch,' I wanted to scream at her but I didn't want to ruin Inaya's perfect day with my issues.

"What the hell, Trisha? Why are you both behind her always? For god sake stop taking her kindness for granted," Siddharth shouted at these bitches.

"It's okay, Siddharth Sir. It's Inaya's happy day and here we are for partying. Let's not make her day ruined because of these bitches" I said.

"How dare you call us-"

"Bitches,” I interrupted Trisha and smirked. “Yes, you both are bitches. Even today, I left you both because it's not my home and I don't want to ruin someone's happy moments and their house which is roaring happiness. If next time I dare you to plot your shitty moves against me, trust me, bitches, I will make your whole clan regret their life."

I felt Siddharth Sir's gaze on me making me look at him. “Can we have a private talk?” I didn't know why I asked. I just wanted to make Trisha jealous.

He nodded and we looked at Inaya.

“Siddharth, you just can't be alone with her—”

“It's none of your business, Trisha. Stop making decisions for me,” Siddharth Sir snapped at her. Unfortunately, she caught me giggling silently at her insult. “Inaya?”

Inaya nodded and guided us to her room. It was only him and I when Inaya left for the adjacent room.

What should I talk about now? Why do I make myself embarrassed? What is he thinking right now? I just hope he didn't misunderstand this!

“Sit,” He mumbled, pointing at the bed. I obeyed him hesitantly. He removed his jacket making me gulp and a sweat beat ran down my nape. My eyes flickered at his bulged-out biceps and I gulped. He isn't bulky like my brother but has a perfect body with abs and hard biceps. He looks damn sexy in his white t-shirt which stuck to his body and his sleeve which were projecting his biceps making me feel hot. His jeans lowly stood on his waist and his hands looked so long again. Huff! Why is this man so long? The way his nerves popped out from his hand urged me to pinch them to check if they were real. “Wear this jacket," he said averting his gaze from me as my peach sleeveless frock which was ending above my knees, got drenched at my upper body making inner garments seen due to dampness.

"Take it, Priya. The party takes some more time to end and you can't be like that," Siddharth repeated wrapping his jacket around me. I smiled looking into his eyes. Suddenly he kneeled at my feet making me squeal.

“Sir—”

“Priya,” he held my palms which were on my lap. “It's fine. Don’t freak out.”

“Ho-how c-can y-ou—”

“Priya,” he interlaced our fingers making me blush. I closed my eyes and nodded. “I have no shame in kneeling in front of you. I don't have to.”

“I understand. But please, sit next to me,” I leaned front and looked into his eyes, “Please, Siddharth.”

He chuckled and nodded. “Can I?” he referred to my palm. Lowering my head to hide my blush, I interlocked his fingers. He smiled moving closer. “I am sorry on behalf of my friends, Priya.”

His eyes had the depth of emotions inviting me to drown in them and never come back. "You don't need to apologize all the time for your friends' mistakes, Sir," I whispered still not staving off my eyes from his face.

He tucked a few hair strands behind my ear causing my cheeks to heat up and the heat radiating from his body mellowed an urge in me to melt myself in his warmth.

I knew that was wrong. To stay with a man in a closed room, with killed space between us, an unnamed relationship but everything about him felt so right.   

I cupped his cheek and slid it down until it touched his chest but I immediately retraced my hand back when I felt his abs under my palm. He chuckled.

"It's okay and I know, I don't need to apologize all the time but when you are being kind and they are mean I can't hold myself back from apologizing to you on their behalf," he whispered with a smile looking into my eyes. His eye has some magic which makes it hard to avert my gaze.

"Why are you so good?” I mumbled. He just flashed his contagious.

The wind from the balcony blowed at me making my hair bunched at the other side of my shoulder.

“Priya,” he whispered and as our eyes, I felt his desire in his breath. Strangely, it didn't anger it. I needed it. Because it's not the desire every man craves but the pure desire to mark the soul, not the body.

Turning to him, I closed my eyes and he leaned forward. Cupping my face, he pressed his lips over my forehead feeding our pure desire.

“Sid Bhaiyya! Priya!” Inaya walked inside and we didn't move from each other because we knew what we had was pure and need not be hidden. She glanced at our interlaced fingers and our proximity. We smiled at her with a blush. “Ammi is asking for you both. She doesn't know the fiasco.”

Siddharth Sir nodded and got onto his feet, still not leaving our palms. I smiled at him.

“I think you should leave each other's hands,” Inaya laughed awkwardly.

I got onto my feet and looked into his eyes. “Tell them we kissed.”

He laughed and left, rubbing his nape. I slumped into the bed and buried my face into the pillow overwhelmed with the strange emotions.

Sarah walked in confused, “Why is he blushing?” she looked behind at the way Siddharth Sir left.

Inaya laughed. “Anything happened?”

“What we have is so beautiful. Divine.” Tears leave my eyes feeling so complete after his forehead kiss. “I feel as beautiful as Shiv-Parvathi's love story.”

“Wooh! Our girl is in love,” they both jumped on me.

I laughed. “I am in love.”

Flashback ends

My reverie deadlocks when Mr Arora nudges my hand. I look at him baffled. "Welcome our New CEO, Siddharth Malhotra, Priya," he smiles.

I look back at Siddharth only to see him smirking at me. God! Why do I embarrass myself in front of him every time?

"Priya," Mr Arora calls again.

I smile nervously and move ahead. "Congratulations, Sidd... Sir... I mean Mr Malhotra," I stutter.

He smiles back putting me at ease. "Thank you, Miss Desh-"

"Priya, I am Miss Priya," I cut off him politely, striking off Deshmukh from my name. He nods.

Then everyone welcomes him. Later, he briefly talks about strategies and targets to be completed in these years. Also, he cracks a few jokes making everyone laugh while I just stare at him admiringly. He didn't change even a bit. He still possesses those leadership qualities and his voice although so soft and friendly, has authority in it which sends goosebumps all over our bodies.

While he is going to his cabin, he turns to me and gestures for me to follow him. I nod and walk behind him adjusting my dupatta.

"So, Miss Priya, you are my PA?" He says which comes out like a question.

I wriggle my eyebrows. "Am I not?" I ask him timidly.

He leans front clasping his fingers together. I wet my lips nervously and his eyes flicker on it before he looks away mumbling something.

"Mr Arora told me that I am your PA to handle this firm. Am I not working for you?" I ask as my voice cracks at the end. Did Mr Arora lie to me? He said I am Siddharth's PA and here, this man is asking if am.

"You are, Priya. Congratulations. I hope you work for me putting in all your efforts," he says.

I nod at him grinning after taking a deep breath in relief. Later, he asked me to brief him about financial reports as I was the one who used to take care of them under Mr Arora. Fetching the files from my cabin, I start briefing him.

Though he is listening and catching up on everything I am reporting about, still, I can still say he is a little distracted at times when I am beside him.

I am standing beside Siddharth while he is in his chair. I am still elucidating to him tucking my hair strands behind my ears, someone knocks on the door. I stand straight and step back a little but Siddharth is still a little absent-minded staring at me by not acknowledging the knocks. A knock roars again making Siddharth come back from his trance.

"Come in," he says in an authoritative tone. The door is pushed open and Rushank enters inside with bandages on his head and face. He changed his suit, I guess because I remember his shirt was ripped off when I was beating him.

I nip my lips to control myself from laughing while he is glaring at me which didn't sit well with me but I let it go. Siddharth Sir is here and Rushank can't touch me or harass me under his watch.

"Hello, Mr Arora. I haven't seen you earlier," Siddharth gets on his feet and shakes his hands with Rushank.

Rushank smiles apologetically, "My apologies for not being able to make my presence to welcome you, Mr Malhotra. I was urgently caught up with some work," he looks at me at the end and Siddharth Sir notices it.

"It's fine, Mr Arora,” Siddharth Sir nods at him and covers me from Rushank’s hard gaze. “Priya was briefing about financial things and also—”

"Miss Deshmukh, can you get me some water?" Rushank interrupts Siddharth, looking at me from Siddharth’s shoulders with his lustful gaze.

I squirm and nod my head. “Oka—”

"I am sorry, Mr Arora. But Priya is busy working for me and she will oblige only my orders. I request you to not use that tone at her because she is mine," Siddharth says with a polite smile making Rushank fist his fingers while I smile at Siddharth with tears.

I know Siddharth Sir will protect me.

"Yours?" Rushank asks.

Siddharth looks at me and replies. "Yes, mine. She is mine. My employee. You might be COO but she is under me, under the CEO, works for only the CEO and to this firm but not COO," Siddharth says with his eyes never leaving mine.

Putting on a comforting smile, he continues, "Priya, you can carry on with your work. I will talk with Rushank Arora and will call you if I need anything."

I smile back with a nod and walk out ignoring Rushank who is shooting glares at me.

For the whole day, I was quite busy and so is Siddharth. After Rushank's meeting, he didn't waste his time and completely maintained a professional relationship with me or any other employees. He didn't waste his time in any introductions and directly came to the point. During lunch, I met Siddharth's P.A. Aarav. He is a nice man and talked to me like he knew me for a long time.

After continuous work without a break, I lean back on my chair closing my eyes. I suddenly heard a knock. I sit up straight and see Siddharth coming inside. I immediately get onto my feet.

"You need anything, Siddharth Sir?" I ask him. He stands there looking at me with a slight moist. His blazer off his sleeves are rolled up to, elbows showing his manly hands and his tie is loosened. His hair looks quite ruffled, he must have run his fingers through it, I guess.

I stand there not knowing what to talk about as he isn't speaking and I don't know what to speak.

He runs his eyes over my face and looks away, "Leave, Priya. Your shift ends at 6 and it's 7:30 already. Siya must be waiting," he stuffs his hands in his pockets and smiles in my direction. I smile.

I nod looking at the clock, "Got carried away with work, Sir. I will leave. If Siya doesn't see me before 8'O clock, she starts crying," I begin to pack my stuff.

"It's okay, Priya. Next time, be conscious of the time you spend on work. You have a child to take care of. From tomorrow, go back home at 5," he says. I nod. He never changes. How can someone be sweet all the time? Even after 7 years, he is the same down-to-earth man, caring and sweet.

Suddenly something strikes in my mind.

"Siddharth Sir," I call him. He raises his eyebrows.

I pinch my lips nervously, shutting my eyes tightly, "I want to resign," I look down anticipating his puzzlement. He nears me until I feel the warmth radiating from him.

"Look at me, Priya," he whispers making me look at him with tears. I can't put him at risk. All his life he has tried to stand for me and today if am alive, that's because of him. I can't be in debt to him anymore. If my brother or father comes to know about him, they will start torturing him as they did to Mr Arora. What happened between us is apart. Except for the reason we broke apart, he is always my Siddharth who never let me face pain.

He stares at me until my tears dry off and my breath stabilizes. 

"Priya, I am not afraid of your father or your brother,” Just like he always understands me gazing at me, he gets me once again. “They can't harm me. Maybe your father and brother are much earlier into the business world than me and currently ruling it but I am the only one who is capable of going against them. Trust me, they can't even plot anything against me." he says while I look at him wiping my tears. “Not again at least.”

"They targeted Mr Arora—"

"Priya, trust me. They can't do anything to me. I was the one who is giving your brother a tough competition and he isn't able to do anything,” He tries to explain to me impatiently. “Okay! For instance, you left this job. Can you guarantee you will get another job where your father and brother won't destroy them?" He asks.

I inch towards him, “You will be safe, Siddharth Sir,” I mumble, looking into his eyes. He inhales sharply, moist replaces in his orbs.

“Trust me,” he caresses my cheeks, “I understand your concern, Priya but do you wish someone else to be destroyed instead of me fighting them?” He asks. I remain silent looking down. I am being selfish and with him, I can't be wiser for him. “They can't do anything to me. They can't do anything to you.”

He holds my chin in between his thumb and forefinger making me look at him. "I didn't make you secretary just because I have known you for years but I saw your work, your skills, your capability and appointed you as my P.A. Likewise, I don't let you go away because of your brother. I need you. This company needs you, a talent like you," he says and wipes my tears.

He steps closer and leans to me to kiss my forehead, my phone rings. We both pull back immediately.

"It's Avni,” I tell him. “Siya must be asking for me. I will leave, Sir." I dismiss the call with shivering hands.

"Ye-a-h! Go, Si-y-a mu-s-t be waiting," he whispers, rubbing the back of his nape. I nod sliding my bag onto my forearm.

"Bye, Siddharth Sir," I mumble. He nods opening my cabin door. I smile at him and turn to go, he calls me. I turn around again and cock my eyebrows.

"Call me Siddharth," he blushes. I smile sadly as the past overrun in my head.

"You are my boss. I won't call you by your name," I tell him softly.

"Maybe after office hours? I mean, we are maybe seniors and juniors in the college but always had a friendly thing between us, so, call me Siddharth. Hmm?" He asks, clasping his hands, leaning front and looking at me expectantly.

Was it always a friendship between us? Wasn't anything more than it when we both had our time?

I smile hiding the pain and nod.

"Bye, Siddharth," I whisper. He grins. I turn to go but he calls me once again. “What?” I giggle, turning around and crossing my arms over my chest.

He gives me a sheepish grin extending his phone.

"Your contact number? I mean, I need to know if you reached safely or not." He flushed a lot.

I nibble my lips to control my smile seeing redness on his cheeks. "So, do you want to know about my safety as your employee or friend?" I ask him, trying to tease him.

He looks so cute when he tries to make conversation with me since my college days. I have never seen him with a girl except for those bitches and I find him very cute when he speaks to me like I am the first girl to who he tried to talk.

"As a boss to his employee and as a friend to my Priya," he said. I giggle as he takes infinite time to say this hesitantly. I take his phone and save my number.

"Am I the first girl you ever tried to talk with?" I ask. He just smiles.

"Text me once you reach home," he says ringing my phone. I nod with a smile and turn around only to find Rushank standing at his cabin looking at both of us. Ignoring him, I walk off.

As soon as I reach home, as usual, I find the door left ajar. I reach the door to make my appearance and hear Rehaan talking to Avni.

"We need to tell Priya the truth, Avni," Rehaan’s guilty voice traverses to me.

"Do you think she will be able to digest this new information and forgive us?" Avni's voice is shaking and filled with sorrow.

Tears fill in my eyes hearing them. The persons to whom my life is an open book are hiding things from me. Why does my life have to be so complicated? Why does everyone try to hide truths from me?

Tears are rolling down my cheeks and before I enter inside to confront them, Siya shrieks happily making my presence obvious to them.

"Mumma," she hugs my legs whereas I look at Avni and Rehaan with tears as they are sweating.

***************

How's the chapter?

Priya's comeback towards Rushank? 🔥🔥

Rehaan is Mr Arora's son! What do you think would be his past?

A glimpse of a flashback with both Charan and Siddharth. Share your views.

What are Rehaan and Avni are hiding from Priya?

Stay tuned.

Surya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

748K 22.6K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
248K 19.6K 63
A TOXIC LOVE STORY~ "Why did you marry off me to Sirish, Daddy? Why not Harsh? Or any other man?" I ask my father looking at my wedding chain, my eye...
229K 10.6K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...
304K 19.3K 43
"𝐍𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮... 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐌𝐈�...