๐๐„๐’๐“ ๐…๐‘๐ˆ๐„๐๐ƒ.

Par oldiebabie

๐‘๐€๐‚๐„๐“๐‘๐€๐‚๐Š ๐‡๐ˆ๐†๐†๐ˆ๐๐’ ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๏ฟฝ... Plus

๐‚๐€๐’๐“
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
A/N

five

1.4K 22 35
Par oldiebabie

"open the gates and seize the day.
don't be afraid and don't delay."

the newsies continued their strike,singing outside mr.pulitzers building early the next morning.

"nothing can break us,no one can make us give our rights away.arise and seize the day."

zoey sang standing in between mush and davey.
mush smiled at her and she grinned back,her eyes wandering to where racetrack was standing.

she looked away before he caught her looking and saw mush wink at her.

embarrassed,she turned away as kids started to play makeshift drums.

the newsies started to dance,ending up in a line in front of the gates.a horse and carriage passed causing everyone to move,but they went back once the scabs came out.

"come on you grafters,cross the line"
race warned them.

"alright,everyone remain calm."
davey told the groups.

it was silent for a moment before zoey shouted,"let's soak em' for crutchie!"

the newsies cheered and ran through the gates,pushing the scabs back.

the scabs ran to a tall wooden door and knocked,revealing older men,with weapons and mean looks on their faces.

"woah!jack it's a trick!"
race yelled.

everyone tried to run out the gates but they were closed by the guards.

jack and zoey walked up the steps,but were stopped by the delanceys.

"hey jackie-boy"
oscar smiled.

jack was pushed back into the group and a man attempted to hit him with a chain.morris grabbed zoeys arms before she could get down.

"don't,you'll just get hurt"he whispered to the girl who was struggling in his arms.

"what do you care?"zoey elbowed him hard before getting down the steps.

she pulled jack back,saving him from getting hit,"you ok?"she muttered,holding onto him so he wouldn't fall back.

he nodded to his sister and squeezed her hand.

"never fear,brooklyn is here!"

"spot?"zoey looked towards the brooklyn leader and smiled,realising he gave in.

the newsies cheered for brooklyn,causing a fight to break out.

zoey tried to get through the crowd,looking for the younger newsies to take care of them.she felt someone grab her and turn her around.

it was a boy who wasn't much older than her,but he wasn't a newsie.before she could do anything,he punched her eye,pushing her to the ground.

zoey grunted as she hit the ground,wincing at the feeling on her eye.

"hey!nobody touches my sister!"jack yelled at the boy,stomping over.he pushed him back and went to hit him,but was beat by spot hitting the boy with a stone from his slingshot.

jack looked at spot and nodded a thanks before helping zoey up.she let out a shaky breath as she looked at the boy who was now ready to hit jack.

"jack watch out!"

but she was too late,the boy was coming towards him too fast.quickly thinking of an idea,she threw the hardest punch she could to the boys face.

it wasn't strong enough to send him to the ground but he fell back.jack took care of him as zoey held her hand.

spot slid down a rope to jack and zoey,spit shaking with both of them.zoey smiled and thanked him for helping her out.

he smiled back and made a face when he spotted her eye.it had already started to bruise,causing a lot of pain for the girl.

spot opened the gates and let the rest of the brooklyn newsies into the area.zoey chuckled at race kicking a man,and kid blink hitting one.

jack pulled zoey up beside him after the scabs had been pushed through the big door again and ripped a paper.

davey and jack hugged,causing zoey to smile.

she turned and saw race cheering and giggled,"race!"
she hugged the boy and he hugged her back tightly.

"boys!zoey!freeze!"
denton yelled.

race slid an arm around zoeys waist,not noticing the bruise forming on her eye.

she smiled and started laughing as davey grabbed his foot,hissing in pain after it had been stepped on.

"who did that to you?"race yelled,only now noticing the girls eye.

her head snapped towards him,"what?"

"your eye!"race walked close to zoey,grabbing both sides of her face to inspect it.

"some guy.don't worry,jack took care of him.it doesn't even hurt that bad"she told race.

race frowned,wishing he was there to help her.

"cmon,let's go get something to clean it up."

zoey nodded,her head bouncing up and down in races hands.

he took her hand and dragged her to the sink area,wetting a piece of cloth and gently holding it to her eye.

zoey winced,pulling herself away from the cloth.

race grabbed her hand and pulled her back,placing the cloth back on more gentle than before.

"youse gotta take care of it somehow zo' "
he told her,feeling bad for hurting her.

"alright"she rolled her eyes,yet they held amusement."usually i'm the one telling you or one of the guys this."she told him,grinning slightly.

"ise wish you were telling someone else instead of me telling you.ise don't want to see you get hurt because of this strike."

"i don't want anyone else to be hurt either racie.i'm glad you're okay"she hugged him,wrapping her arms around his neck.

he instantly hugged back,wrapping his arms around her tightly.they hugged for a few seconds before they moved their heads back,still holding onto each other.

"y'know even with a black eye youse still beautiful."
race told the girl.

she looked up at him and laughed.
"thanks race"

the two stared at each other,blinking.race tightened his grip on her waist and slowly leaned in.a blush covered zoeys face as she realised what was happening.

they both closed their eyes,softly kissing each other.by now,they were both as red as a tomato once they pulled away.

without speaking they stared at each other,a slight smile on each their faces.

as race opened his mouth to speak,the door of the bedroom swung open,causing zoey to run into the open bathroom,closing the door.

race sighed,looking at who had entered.

mush and specs smiled at the boy,"hey you the only one here?"specs asked.

race shook his head,"zoey is in the toilet"

the boys nodded,acknowledging races response.mush sat on his bottom bunk and specs sat on his,across the way.

race pulled a cigar from his pocket and placed it in his mouth.

zoey opened the door,smiling at race as she passed him.he followed her to her bed,the cloth in his hand.

mush gasped when he saw zoey walking towards him,"your eye!"

he jumped up and gently grabbed her face.

"who did that?race?did race do it?""mush asked,raising his voice and squaring up to race.

races eyebrows knitted together in anger,"hey youse think i did this?"he yelled,pushing mush back.

zoey stood in between the two,facing mush,"race didn't hit me mush,some guy earlier today"she told him.

specs,who had came over when he heard yelling,gasped"did you see who it was?"

"no,but jack and spot took care of him."she told the boys.

race looked at zoey,frowning.she hadn't told him spot helped her,but nevertheless he was happy someone was there.

"brooklyn?"
specs asked,leaning on a bunk bed.zoey nodded and climbed up to her bunk.

mush looked at race and scratched his neck,"i'm sorry race,i just panicked."

race nodded,"i'd do the same."he then jumped up to zoeys bunk with the cloth in his hand.

she laid down and rested her head in races lap.he,again,gently help the cloth to the girls face,hoping the bruising and swelling would go down.

mush sighed and slipped into his bottom bunk.

specs watched the two,a slight grin on his face.he turned around and went back to his bed.

race continued to hold the cloth to zoeys face,using his other hand to to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

she watched him with a content feeling in her heart.

for a few seconds,they just stared at each other.they didn't speak,but their eyes spoke a thousand words.

race leaned down and kissed her forehead,making her smile.

"supper!cmon guys!"jack yelled up the stairs,catching all four of their attention.

mush and specs ran downstairs,leaving race and zoey to jump from the bunk bed.

they both landed in sync,smiling at each.

"cmon,youse gotta eat"
race smiled at her.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

42.3K 1.1K 37
Ruth Davis is far from the perfect girl. She isn't as beautiful as her friend, as poise as he mother, as funny as her sisters, or as smart as her fat...
100K 3.6K 53
Davey Jacobs was the new kid. And boy, did he hate being the new kid. His whole life, Davey had gone to private school but now, since his father hurt...
12.2K 298 20
A oneshot compilation for the broadway version of Newsies that began with someone else's typo (here's lookin at you, @omg_im_totes_biii): There are l...
183 0 8
-๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ a girl and 3 newsies falls in love with each other each story but she chooses one newsies. (Newsie, 1992) (jack kelly, spot conlon...