Unguarded Love

By daywrites9

Persephone Porter just so happens to be Asa Brookes partner on a project, oh, and the coaches daughter. Those... More

Aesthetics/Authors Note
2-Dinner Disaster
3-Percy
4-Timeslot
5-Phoenix
6-Hey Neighbor
7-On The Ice
8-Books
9-Mamma Foster
10-After Party
11-Brendan Gack
12-A Club? I'm In
13-Oh Sh*t It's Our Song
14-A Project With My Quarterback?
15-Times Are Crazy
16-The Accident
17-Career Ending
18-He's Quite The Looker
19-Thanks For Throwing Me Under The Bus Janet
20-Spin It Percy
21-Jealous
22-Clearing The Air
23-Locked In
24-Tiny Terrors
25-Peyton And Phoenix
26-Sleep Over?
27-Dog Fight
28-Introducing My Dad To My Boyfriend
29-Escape Room
30-Rocked My World
31-I'm Happy
32-Miss. Porter Looks Funny
33-Sibling Bonding
34-An Apartment
35-The Girls And Phoenix
36-Laundry Day
37-Cheers To Love
38-Wedding Bells
39-Lovin' On You
40-You're Just Like Your Father
41-Coward
42-I Do Love Her
43-I'm An Idiot
44-Gutter Ball
45-Everything Changes

1-Class Interrupted

19.6K 287 124
By daywrites9

Persephone

I should've known the disaster the day would be the moment I couldn't find my left shoe. 

Yep I picked out my outfit yesterday and had planned to wear my chuck's with them, that was until I couldn't find one. 

How the heck do you lose a shoe in a dorm room?

I've searched both mine and my roommate Peyton's side of the room, yet it is no where to be found. 

I might have to put missing posters around campus. 

Missing: Persephone Porter's left shoe (look at image below) Reward - a coupon for a free medium pizza at Ralph's.

Removing my right shoe I throw on my black and white vans instead. 

It doesn't look right with these jeans but some times a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. 

Grabbing my bag I head out of the dorm room but not before letting Peyton know about my shoe crisis through text. 

She sends me a string of emojis back and weirdly enough I understand what she's trying to say.

Things only go down hill from there. 

My first lecture of the day is a snooze fest. No literally I am pretty sure half the class was knocked out as Professor Wilkes droned on about...well I am not sure what exactly. 

On my way to my next class I stepped in a giant mud puddle.

R.I.P my shoes. 

Once I got to my next class I sit down in my normal seat in the lecture hall. 

This class is usually full and rarely has open seats which is why I try to get here as quick as possible. 

I hate having to sit in the first few rows and the back few are a pain as well. 

I can't hear or see anything from all the way back there. 

Most of the seats are filled by the time the professor enters the class, looking around I only see three available. 

Two are in the very back and one is the aisle seat beside me. 

"So today class we'll-" Poor Professor Graham can barely get four words in before the lecture hall doors burst open. 

Of course he's late. 

Asa Brookes walks in, his messy brown hair disheveled and is wearing a sweater that I am sure is inside out. 

"Shit sorry Mick my alarm wasn't going off." He says before scanning the room for what I assume is an open seat. 

Professor Graham waves him off, "It's ok Asa just don't let it become a habit."

Asa nods before making his way up the stairs. 

Just when I think he'll pass me and take one of the seats in the back he plops down beside me. 

His ocean scent hits me and I look over, sure enough his sweater is inside out. 

I hold in a laugh when I realize it's backwards too. 

"What?" Asa asks, his hazel eyes searching my face. 

I just shake my head, "Nothing, you just got a little-" I gesture to the tag below his chin. 

He looks down and curses before removing his sweater leaving him in a tight fitted red tee.

Ugh those football muscles, it's not fair. 

Asa Brookes is the quarterback of our schools football team and undoubtably the hottest guy I have ever seen. It's not even an exaggeration, Asa is good looking and everyone knows it, including him. 

It could have something to do with his hazel eyes that have just a hint of blue and the dimples he flashes when he smiles. 

Whatever higher power you believe in, they spent extra time crafting this man.

"Did I miss anything?" He whispers beside me and I shake my head as professor Graham starts his lecture. 

Today really is lecture day, I guess school wide it seems. And it's all because I couldn't find my shoe. 

I take notes since this class I actually find interesting. 

While I am studying to become an elementary school teacher I am taking a few off course classes that seemed intriguing. 

This class being one of them. 

Halfway through the class I feel something heavy plop down on my shoulder. 

I look to my right to see Asa's head resting on my shoulder, his brown hair splayed on his forehead and his eyes closed. 

Oh god I have a sleeping football player on my shoulder. 

His warm breath fans my bare arm and I struggle to concentrate on writing my notes. 

I should've worn a long sleeve shirt today.

"Asa." I whisper trying to wake him up. 

Nothing. 

I bump my shoulder up and down trying to jostle him away. 

Nothing. 

I don't want to say it too loud and distract the lecture but then his hand lands on my thigh. 

He shifts so his head is snuggled deeper into the crook of my neck. 

I use my pen and wack his head. 

He stirs a little but doesn't move off of me. 

Even though I can't deny he smells really good his head is heavy as shit. 

Probably where he stores his massive ego. 

Don't judge people you don't know personally Seph, I remind myself. 

Still a lot of the things he does just feed into the rumors about him. 

Like last year my dorm neighbor Nikki had him come over and her boyfriend ended up coming into the room and catching them doing the dirty tango. 

He then chased Asa around the campus, Asa was naked as the day he was born. 

Not even socks. 

Even then hearing the stories from my father, yuck

My dad - Adam Porter - is the coach for the football team and he tells me everything. 

Everything

Sometimes I don't need to know what those guys get up to. 

Especially how last night Peyton came home from a party and told me she accidentally walked into a bedroom when she was on the hunt for the bathroom. 

She saw Asa's head between a girls legs. 

The same head thats resting on my shoulder and- 

"Ew."

Before I can think I shoot up out of my chair, the force knocking Asa out of his.

At least I got him to wake up though. 

"What's wrong Miss. Porter?" Professor Graham asks and I realize I may have said that a little too loud. 

Whoops

"Umm...I thought I saw a spider." I stumbled out.

I proceed to stomp my foot on the ground before squishing the imaginary spider. 

"Killed it." I announce, giving him a thumbs up.

Professor Graham does not look amused. 

"Sorry I really hate spiders." I give him an apologetic looks before sitting back down. 

Asa sits back down in his seat, his eyes on me. 

"Sorry for knocking you out of your seat." I mumble before focusing back on the lecture. 

From the corner of my eye I still see Asa staring at me. 

"Porter?" He asks and I turn to look at him before nodding. 

"As in Adam Porter?"

I nod again, "Yeah, my dad."

He looks like someone just punched him in the face. 

"Coach has a daughter? You're coaches daughter?" He blinks rapidly like I'm some sort of anomaly. 

Not gonna lie that stings, I didn't know dad never mentioned he had a daughter. 

I just knew his strict rule when I started college two years ago was to steer clear of his players. 

"You didn't know?" I ask and he shakes his head, "Coach never mentioned he had kids."

"Oh." I say before turning back to the front. 

"Don't be upset I'm sure he had a reason, maybe because you look like that." He gestures towards me. 

My eyebrows shoot up and I look back at him. 

"Like what?"

He continues to gesture up and down my body, his cheeks turning a shade of pink. 

"Well you know.... you're coaches daughter I can't say anything that'll make you want to punch me in the face."

I roll my eyes, "So you have a name Porter?" He asks switching the subject off of my looks and my dad. 

"Persephone but everyone calls me Seph."

"I'm Asa." He says before winking. 

Not the wink. 

"I know." I tell him, not that I need to feed into that ego of his. 

"How come I have never seen you in this class before?"

I shrug, "I am here every class."

I haven't missed a single class, well on Tuesdays anyway. 

He hums before turning back towards the front of the room. 

Great now I can focus on my notes that had been neglected.

Class ends and we get our things. 

"How comes you never go to any of the benefits for the team?" Asa asks as we make our way out of the lecture hall. 

Great we are back to discussing why my dad felt it was important to hide my identity like I'm in witness protection or something. 

"Like you said earlier my dad didnt even let you guys know he had a daughter, why would he invite me to events?"

He shrugs, "I figure he would, I mean you are his daughter after all."

Yep. 

Once we are out of the building I start heading towards the dorms. 

I really need to nap before my dinner with my dad the traitor later. 

Haha I rhymed.

"See you around?" Asa asks and I nod, "Yeah, see ya."

Was it rude to just leave him standing there? Maybe but right now I am three seconds from exploding. 

When I finally manage to get up to my dorm I flop down onto my bed. 

My ankle is throbbing, on the way up the stairs I tripped.

It was the farthest thing from graceful, luckily my hands kept me from face planting into the wooden stairs. 

Still it wasn't fun having three freshman giggling as you try to stand back up just to trip over your non existent shoe lace again. 

Really not my day.

"What's up with you?" Peyton asks from her bed. 

I look over to see her sitting, her back against the wall and her legs in front of her. 

Her honey blonde hair is in a bun on top of her head and she's wearing sweats and a university hoodie. 

"Asa Brookes sat next to me in class." I say and she sets her textbook down, her focus completely on me. 

"Really, what happened?"

What didn't?

"I found out my dad never mentioned me to the team." I say exasperated. 

She shrugs, "So, it's probably cause he didnt need his guys hitting on you."

I roll my eyes, "That's what Asa insinuated but the point isn't whether or not he told them I was attending the same school he coached at, the point is he never told them he had a daughter. Period."

Peyton snorts. "Don't be dramatic Seph, I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt you. Your dad is a private guy."

She would know, Peyton grew up with me about twenty minutes from here. Her parents were what you call 'workaholics' and were rarely around so she spent most days at my house. 

Her sister Baylor - who's currently attending Baylor University funny huh? - thought it was better for her to be at my house than alone in hers. You see Baylor was rarely around either, she spent most of her time at the library or doing extra credit stuff for school. 

Peyton still knows almost nothing about my dad even though almost every meal she ate was at my house.

Still even if he is naturally a private guy it still hurts he kept me a secret. 

She must read it on my face because she continues, "I doubt he tells his team anything personal, you my lovely are a personal topic."

"Still it was awkward finding out your own dad hasn't even mentioned that he has a kid." I say throwing my dark brown hair into a ponytail.

"Well you can bring it up to him tonight at dinner, I doubt he'll appreciate it though."

Probably but I am so bringing it up. 

______

EDITED

A/N First chapter is completed. 

I am honestly excited for this book and I hope you guys are too!!!!

Oh and I know some of you were disappointed in the Blue Moon ending but honestly I had planned to make it shorter than my other books, sort of like a novella but not. There was never going to be some big conflict so sorry some of you wanted it.

Also in cause you don't know Asa is pronounced (Ace-uh) I think thats the best way to explain it.  

Remember to follow my tiktok @daywrites9 for aesthetic and updates. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4M 152K 63
π‡πž 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐒𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫π₯𝐝 𝐭𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐚𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐝. π’π‘πž 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐑𝐒𝐬 𝐜π₯𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐀𝐲 𝐒𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫π₯𝐝 𝐰𝐫𝐞𝐜...
13.7M 247K 86
**completed** HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 IN FICTION #1 IN SLOWBURN #1 IN COLLEGE Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxiou...
1.3M 40.4K 47
He's a legacy at UNI, and he can have any girl he wants. Dylan 'D' Darcy is used to getting what he wants. He has money, status and looks. His famil...
1.4M 31.6K 58
Ethan Knight is living his life just as he imagined it. Being the captain of the basketball team, he has to make sure they win this year's championsh...