The Footballer's Sister (Mari...

By paulpogbas

*Just a disclaimer, I wrote this when I was very young and had absolutely no writing skills at all so read at... More

The Footballer's Sister
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Epilogue

Eleven

1.9K 66 18
By paulpogbas

After a two weeks of travelling across Germany, I’m now back in Dortmund and have two weeks off to relax.

It’s been brilliant.

Literally I’ve spent that past two days lying in bed and watch all of the TV shows I’ve been missing.

Everything was going all peacefully until my phone started to ring.

“Hello?” I ask and lie back in my bed.

“Lia, are you doing anything tonight?” My mother asks.

“I plan on doing nothing for the next two weeks, so no I am doing nothing tonight.” I reply making her chuckle.

“Well that’s good because I’m going to have dinner tonight and your sisters and Marco are coming over so since you’re not doing anything you can come as well.” I can just tell that she’s smiling as she speaks to me.

“Okay, I’ll come over at around four to help you.”

“Okay, see you soon Lia. I love you.” She sings down the phone.

“I love you too.” I say and then hang up the phone up and then continue to watch the TV.

I watch the TV for another two hours until I go in for a shower. I pick out a pair of jeans and a comfy t-shirt, my hair is shoved up into a messy bun and a light BB cream covers my skin and luckily for me being a blonde I have noticeable eyebrows so I don’t really need to fill them in.

Leaving my apartment I lock the doors and then jog down the stairs to the car park and then head in the direction on my parent’s house. I sing along to the music on the radio.

I’m the first of the children to arrive at our parent’s house. I check the handle and realise it’s locked so I knock on the door and wait.

“Come’n in Lia. I’m making some pasta.” My mom says and opens the door for me so I quickly come inside because it was freezing cold outside and into their warm house.

“What do you want me to do?” I ask and I take off my shoes and go into the kitchen.

“Just cut up the peppers while I cut these sausages.” She tells me and points me over to the chopping board with some peppers on top.

I slice into all the peppers and dice them up as best as I can.

“Will I just pour them into the pot?” I ask and she nods so I pour the chopped up peppers into the massive pot filled with pasta in a tomato sauce.

“Thanks Lia.”

“Anything else you need?” I ask.

“No, it’s fine.” She says so I nod and then go into the living room where my dad is sitting.

“Hi dad.” I say and sit down on the couch and give him a hug.

“Hi Lia, how is my little girl?” He asks and I smile.

“She’s fine, she’s having a great time relaxing with her few days off.” I answer in third person making him laugh.

We then watch the news for the next hour until finally Yvonne and Melanie walk in with Nico.

“Ahh.” I scream and jump up off the couch and run towards my sisters but push past them and pick up my nephew. “Nico!” I shout and spin around with him.

“I feel quite offended because I really thought she was going to give us a hug.” Melanie says to Yvonne making me laugh.

“No, this little boy is my favourite out of everyone.” I kiss his cheek making him laugh.

“I love you too Auntie Lia.” He gives me a kiss on the lips.

I then set him down on the ground and give my sisters a hug.

We then talk about the ballet show and about our lives until Marco walks in through the door with a guest.

Mario fucking Götze.

Why the fuck is he here?

Shouldn’t he be in Munich?

“Hi Mario, we haven’t seen you in ages.” My mom says as she walks out of the kitchen and gives Mario a hug.

My sisters then give him a hug along with my dad while I just stand at the side. Luckily no one forces me to acknowledge him. Which is great.

“You might as well just move back to Dortmund with the amount of time you spend here.” I comment making Mario look over at me.

“Lia, stop it.” My mom warns me making me roll my eyes.

“It’s the truth, it’s like he’s been here more than he has been in Munich.” I roll my eyes once more.

“Lia, shut up.” Marco glares at me.

“Fuck off Marco.” I shout.

“Lia, stop it right now. Mario is our guest.” My mother warns me once again making me roll my eyes for a third time tonight.

“It’s fine Mrs Reus.” Mario smiles at my mom but that just makes her glare at me even more.

“No it’s not Mario, Lia shouldn’t be talking to our guest like that. Lia please apologize to Mario.” My mum turns to face me and crosses her arms.

“Are you being serious?” I ask and she nods.

“Completely serious.” I sigh and face Mario. He looks very awkward and has an apologetic look in his eyes. I stare at his face for a few seconds. I look at his worried eyes, his chubby cheeks and puffy lips.

“I’m sorry.” I mutter.

“It’s fine Lia.” Mario nods at me so I turn around and go back and sit in the living with Nico. I pick up some of his toys and play with him on the couch. Mario excuses himself to go to the toilet, once he leaves Marco glares over at me.

“I know you’re angry at Mario but there’s no need to be such a bitch.” Marco hisses at me.

“Marco not right now.” Yvonne says quietly trying to get us to stop. The toilet then flushes so Yvonne looks at us seriously. “Stop it now.”

“It’s all her fault for being a stubborn bitch over her just being angry over a little thing.”

“Ugh Marco, fuck off.” I throw a pillow over at him just as Mario walks back into the room. He looks at us all before sitting down next to Marco.

“Dinner is ready.” My mom shouts so we all go into the dining room. I sit at a chair in the middle of Yvonne and Melanie. Marco sits opposite me and Mario sits opposite Melanie while my mum and dad sit at either end of the table.

“It’s tomato and sausage pasta so I hope you like it.” My mom smiles at us all as we all take portions of the pasta.

“So are you enjoying it in Munich?” My dad asks.

“Yes, it’s great. I knew most of the guys already due to the national team duties so I kind of knew everyone.” Mario replies.

“Do you ever miss your family?” Melanie asks.

“Yeah, but Felix is now living with me because he’s in Bayern’s youth system so it’s nice having a family member there with me.” Mario smiles at my mom.

I just sit quietly in the middle of everyone and pick around at my food.

“Are you okay Lia?” My mom asks making me quickly look up from my pasta.

“I’m fine.” I reply quickly and quietly.

I sit and listen to their conversations. They talk about boring stuff like Munich and the weather.

I could have a more exciting conversation with an ant.

“Does anyone want some dessert?” My mom asks while collecting in our plates. We all just nod in answer.

My mom shouts on me to help her bring in the desserts for everyone. I place three down for Melanie, Yvonne and I while my mom get for herself, my dad, Mario and Marco.

It’s just a simple chocolate cake with an option of ice cream.

I chose the ice cream because I’m willing to eat anything right now.

“So how are you Lia?” My dad asks me, I don’t really know why he asks. Confused, I answer,

“What do you mean?” I question.

“I mean about your eggs and girly stuff.” My dad trails on.

“Oh my gosh, that was the worst examples ever. He means you problems with fertilising.” Yvonne says making me blush and look down at the table.

Never in my life have I thought that I would have to discuss my ovaries and fertilisation with my family.

Or guest.

“Well my eggs, the few of them, are in some jar in some lab to keep the safe. All I need now if a boyfriend willing to have children with me or a sperm donor.” I tell them honestly.

“I’m sure you’ll find a boy soon.” Yvonne smiles at me and then glances her eyes between Mario and I.

Bitch.

I glare at Yvonne for a split second.

“I think I’ll probably end up just getting a sperm donor.” I deadpan while taking a drink of my water.

“Maybe you could get one of you friends to volunteer to help you.” My mum suggests making me remember back to Mario volunteering.

“Yeah, I’ll get one of my friends to volunteer.” I roll my eyes. I’m pretty sure it’s not that easy.

“You could Lia, stop being so negative. I’m sure you’ll be able to find one quickly.” My mom dismisses my negative tone.

“Okay mum.”

“Let me give an example, Mario you’d volunteer wouldn’t you.” My mom smiles wide at Mario making Marco, Yvonne, Melanie and I all look up at each other with wide eyes.

“Mom!” We all shout at the same time.

“You can’t ask that mom.” Melanie shouts.

“I was just a question.” My mum defends. I look over at Mario who has gone slightly red and flustered. He’s looking down at the table while having to listen to our domestic argument. “So Mario would you?” My mom asks and Mario looks up from the table.

“Sure…I’d definitely do it.” Mario replies quietly, he glances over at me as he finishes but I quickly look away quickly.

“See, I told you. Thank you Mario.” My mom smiles at our guest before continuing to eat her dessert.

It’s then awkward for the next few minutes but luckily my dad changes the conversation.

Yvonne then leaves to go change Nico and Melanie has to leave because she’s got work to do. Marco is away to the toilet leaving Mario and I alone at the table since my dad decided to leave to help my mom.

I scroll through my phone for a few minutes and then just as I decide to leave and go into the living room, Mario speaks up.

“I’m sorry about that Lia. If it’s made it awkward I’m sorry.”

“You’re here Mario, it’s always going to be awkward.” I reply.

“I’m sorry.” He whispers.

As I look into his deep eyes I remember his time at Borussia Dortmund. I remember all the games and the times we spent together. I remember him scoring all of these amazing goals with Marco.

But now it’s all gone.

The only time it happens now is in national games.

Now he scores goals against us and celebrates with the enemy.

I just nod and then walk out of the dining room as Marco walks back in.

----------------------------

Hi, how are you?

I really hope you’re good.

Please read my new stories. One’s a Robert Lewandowski one shot and the other is a Claudio Marchiscio story.

Shameless self-promotion right there.

I’m not even sorry about it.

Please comment, vote and follow me

Love you xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.1K 1.8K 57
When a 24 year old Ruby Muller visit her good old friends which was basically her older brother best friends from the famous football team Bayern Mun...
1K 9 8
„yes i know that he's my ex but cant two people reconnect..?" ~ He pinned me to the wall his hot breath hitting my bear chest goosebump filled neck. ...
48.2K 1.4K 26
*Just a disclaimer, I wrote this when I was very young and had absolutely no writing skills at all so read at your own discretion. My newer works are...
91.9K 3.9K 40
dortmund, nazi germany; ww2. how did two nazi soldiers find themselves in love with a jew? (completed) (RE-EDITING, 2020)