Everglow | on hiatus.

By cheriecherieboo

Before you read - This Story is on Hiatus. No active updates right now. Nia and Harry are exes reunited by a... More

Everglow.
everglow: one
everglow: two
everglow: three
everglow: four
everglow: five
everglow: six
everglow: seven
everglow: eight
everglow: nine
everglow: ten
everglow: eleven
everglow: twelve
everglow: thirteen
everglow: fifteen
everglow: sixteen
everglow: seventeen
everglow: eighteen
everglow: nineteen
everglow: twenty
everglow: twenty one
everglow: twenty two
everglow : twenty three
everglow: twenty four

everglow: fourteen

846 103 44
By cheriecherieboo

After washing up for the night, Nia throws on an oversized hoodie and happily walks into the living room. To her surprise, Harry is calmly reading a book and listening to a song. It's an unfamiliar tune and she pauses as she observes him.

For a while now, he's been resisting anything that reminds him of his life before the accident. She has been unable to reach within and understand how he feels about his career at this point.

Everyone wants to know what will happen with the tour on pause and an album that was almost complete. The tune continues and she hears his rich voice smoothly sing without any breaks.

This is a new song.

It was probably meant to be on the album and it pains her to watch him silently listen to his old self without any recognition. He gently nods along to the song and looks up to see her watching him.

A smile breaks on his face and he pushes his hair with a small huff. Nia returns the smile and clears her throat, trying not to make anything awkward.

"I didn't mean to disturb your little wholesome session," she says.

"No, 's fine," he breathes out.

"That's a beautiful song. One of your painful ballads," she points out.

Harry pauses as he tries to understand her and he slowly nods in agreement. Painful is the right word because he wrote it about their break-up and how he desperately wanted to get back with her.

Why did he randomly decide to listen to it after she said they must keep their personal lives separate? He has no clear idea.

"N-new...new song," he replies.

"I figured. Your voice is a beautiful one," Nia says.

"No...stop," Harry frowns a little.

"You don't want a compliment?" she asks, confused.

"Don't...don't be nice," he answers.

"Okay, I know you're a cocky bastard who's aware of his talent. I'm not being nice, just saying the truth," she shrugs.

"Okay...okay, don't say...to me," he tries to explain.

Nia tucks her hands into the pocket of her hoodie and stares at him with a blank look for a hot minute.

At least this part of this man will never change.

The chaotic arrogant and stubborn streak in him will always be strong. There's something he's not saying and he's clearly not going to say it till she forces the words out of his mouth.

"I'm not doing this with you, mate, no," she slowly shakes her head. "I'm going to the corner shop to get some pads and snacks, okay?"

"Come with?" he asks without a pause.

"To the store?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah...store," he says.

"Harry, are you ready to be seen out and about?" she asks.

"Oh...don't care," Harry pouts as he frowns.

Since he returned from the hospital, he hasn't stepped out of his building and he never looked ready to do that. The world is still curious.

If there's one thing this accident has done for his career, it's to show how much of a big deal he is.

Nia has always known him to be painfully famous but this is another level of fame he apparently has. Fans are planted in every corner they believe they'll find him. Some sincerely care. Some are simply nosy.

The tabloids print rubbish with every crumb they get from fake sources. According to some, he simply faked the accident to quit the industry.

The fans who truly love him have rallied to show their love and support in so many beautiful ways. Harry knows he is loved and he worries about being a different man when he's able to return to them.

"Do you just feel like stepping out?" Nia smiles a little.

"Yes...tired of...h-here," he gestures vaguely around the flat.

"I completely understand that, but do you want to be seen shopping for pads with your ex-girlfriend?" Nia cringes at the potential hate she will get on the internet.

"On-only if...if Nia wants," he tries so very hard not to scowl at her.

"Well, you look ready enough for shopping, let's go," she cheers him on.

Relieved, Harry calmly stands up and adjusts his own hoodie. The only store in this area is a quaint looking beauty.

It's quiet and not many people go there at this hour. He stretches a little and groans in mild pain as he moves his leg around.

He has been getting lazy with physical therapy. Nia walks over to him and takes his hand in hers, supporting him.

There's a little smile on his lip to show how grateful he is but his thoughts are completely different.

"Uh...Nia?" he says her name with such tenderness.

"What's up?" she answers as they head to the main door.

Harry nervously giggles because this question is a mouthful for someone who's at war with speech and words. He giggles it out and Nia smiles at how adorable he is.

"Okay...okay, why?" he blinks and frowns.

"So, I think you left the rest of the sentence in your head," she keeps her smile at this regular occurrence.

"Why...why always saying ex...not just f-friend?" Harry manages to say everything out.

"Why do I always call you my ex and not just my friend, right?" Nia gulps as she smoothly understands this.

"Yes...because friends now, yes?" he asks to be sure.

"Of course, we're friends," she replies with a nod.

"Okay, why?" he smiles, satisfied and proud of himself.

"I don't know. I guess I throw the reminder out there whenever I get defensive," Nia breathes out.

"Why -"

"Don't ask why I'm defensive around you, please don't."

"Okay...no asking...no asking,"

Nia gives him a small smile and tucks his curls under his beanie.

"I also don't think people publicly see us as friends, not like they matter but it's just a random fact," she shrugs.

"We...tell them?" he asks.

"It's none of their business," she winks at him.

Harry flushes warm pink around his cheeks and says nothing as they calmly head out of the flat to the store.

The walk out of the building is somewhat refreshing and Harry feels a little like himself as he slowly takes in the environment. The street is quiet and safe.

There's nobody to lose their shit over seeing him and he kind of likes it this way. Nia studies how his eyes light up at seeing almost everything outside the flat and she makes a mental note to suggest walks to this doctor.

Anything to speed up this recovery process is a plus.

The popular south-asian store is open and subtly playing classic Bollywood music in the background.

As soon as they enter, the duo are hit with memories of coming here so late at night for random pre and post sex snacks.

"Wow," Harry mumbles and bites down his lip.

It still smells and feels the same. The owner of the store flashes a bright smile on seeing him and he eagerly waves at him. Harry slowly returns the wave and keeps a little smile.

For his own sake, they don't head towards him just yet. Nia leads Harry to the aisle she needs to be at and he slowly looks around, allowing memory work with his brain.

"Do you need a snack? This is all my treat, let me spoil you," she wiggles her eyebrows.

"No...no stop again," he warns her.

"Stop what?" Nia frowns, really confused this time.

Someone walks past them and he stays silent, looking away. It's going to be hard being verbal in public and she picks up on that.

Nia playfully nudges him as she picks up a shopping basket and tosses her items in it. He calmly rolls his finger around the hem of her oversized hoodie and decides to tug at it, following her around.

It's cute to an ordinary eye but it's messing with their hearts because it's an old routine.

"Stop...stop being nice," he says, almost to himself.

"I heard you. How am I being nice?" she rolls her eyes, picking more items.

"Just...just stop," he repeats, almost like a sulky teenager.

Nia shakes her head and calmly heads to the dairy section with her oversized child of a friend tugging along. His very awake eyes glance around and he notices some of his favourite products are here.

The whole treatment process makes him eat in a super weird way and he's welcoming it without judging himself. They stand before the glass door and he silently sucks on his bottom lip, self soothing himself.

Nia notices this and smiles a little, waiting for him to say something. He doesn't say a thing and she notices a little girl watching them from a corner.

"Go on, take whatever you want," Nia encourages him.

"T-take....four," he indicates with his fingers.

"Stop being a cute child," she chuckles and helps him get out for mini vegan yoghurt bowls.

"Oh...that too," he excitedly taps the glass, pointing at an ice-cream cookie.

"Can we share this one?" she asks, reaching for it.

"No...no. I...get for you," Harry replies, still tapping the glass.

"Wow, what a gentleman," Nia rolls her eyes.

"Don't...don't care, mate," he shrugs with a satisfied smile.

"I will abandon you in the store if you keep being a pest," she fights a smile.

"No...too nice for tha'" he chuckles with a smug look.

"Dare me, go on," she quirks up an eyebrow.

Harry smiles a little and clears his throat.

"Dare," he replies.

Hearing this, Nia places the items into the basket and stylishly walks away from him. He watches her keep walking and he cannot keep smiling.

For a brief second, he realises that she forgot to close the glass door of the freezer and he does that. When he looks up, there's no Nia and instead there's a little girl standing in front of him.

Harry feels a breath itch his throat as he stares at this girl who was somehow able to recognise him.

The girl is a teenager and as kind as she looks, he doesn't feel comfortable. Harry looks around, trying to locate Nia and maybe gesture at her to quit the dare game, but she's nowhere in sight.

"I'm so sorry about the accident," the girl starts with tears in her eyes.

"Oh shit," Nia hurries over to them, focusing on him. "I walk away for a hot second. Are you okay?"

Harry slowly nods and looks at the little girl. He has always loved meeting his fans and engaging with them.

Right now, he doesn't know how to interact with them without word getting out about his condition. He doesn't even know if this is a real fan or one of those troll pages.

"I didn't mean to creep. I swear I didn't follow you here, I was already in here when I noticed you two walking in," the girl explains.

"Okay, hi," Nia isn't sure how to handle this. "He can't take pictures right now because he's still recovering."

"I swear I don't want pictures. I'm just so happy to see him doing okay," the girl manages to reply.

This makes Harry smile a little and he slowly takes Nia's hand in his, for safety. Nia also gives the girl a smile and decides to be the middleman in this short interaction.

"Thank you. Also, don't apologise for the accident. He doesn't want any of that, okay?" she says.

"Can I hug him, please? I created a website where fans send prayers and letters, it would be nice to share this little update with them," the girl sniffs, fighting her tears.

"Oh, that was you? That is so thoughtful and amazing, we got some of those letters," Nia has tears in her eyes.

Harry takes a gentle step to the girl and keeps a smile on his face.

"Can I hug you?" she asks.

"Yes," he breathes out.

They share a warm hug and Nia looks away, fighting her emotions. This means a lot to both Harry and the fan. It's been nearly months of total silence and no idea of his well-being, so this is something special for the two of them.

Harry slowly peels away from the hug and the girl hurries away, hiding her crying face. Nia calmly places a hand on his shoulder and he avoids staring at her.

"You're such a star, a great one," she whispers, with pride.

"S-stop," he manages to say.

"This again?" She points out.

"Yes....doing it again," he says.

"I can't stop being nice to you, it's stupid to ask for," Nia responds.

"But...but try?" he asks.

"No. Why the hell do you want me to be mean to you?" Nia frowns, a little worried.

Harry sighs and looks at her with a sad smile playing on his lips.

"E-easy for...for me," he replies.

"What are you not telling me, Harry?" she asks.

The two of them stand there in the aisle with Nia holding onto the shopping basket and Harry staring at her. The patchy old Bollywood song plays in the background as the eager shop owner watches them.

So many emotions and questions are hanging above their heads. The obvious and the not so obvious.

"N-Nothing," he says.

"I will not assume for you, not this time," she reminds him.

"Okay....'s p-personal," he quickly says.

"Well, you can tell me personal stuff, right?" she sighs.

"No. N-Nia says...no p-personal shit...so go away," Harry gives her a mischievous smile and walks away.

Nia fights her own smile and breathes out. "Man, I wish I could hate you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 90 10
Broken awards, cut-up blouses, childish pranks and lots of nastiness? This is apparently all that remains of Louis and Harry after a sudden break-up...
217 11 2
He doesn't regret letting him go. He doesn't regret leaving the stupid town. Some flames never die. They remain as hot embers and all it takes is a l...
22.5K 775 12
Seven years ago Louis and Harry broke up. Or rather Harry broke up with Louis for reasons unknown. Seven years later, They meet again but this time H...
43.9K 1.2K 42
Isn't it strange?