everglow: sixteen

Flashback.

By the time Nia arrives at the heavily secured venue, Harry is already halfway through the final song. The crowd is electric and the vibe is energetic. Some fans notice her entrance and eagerly wave at her.

Nia responds with a bright smile as she's still adjusting to being this known and perceived by strangers. There's a private area for close friends and family, and she manages to scoot herself in.

Right now, she hasn't met a lot of his friends because this man changes friends every other two weeks and it's a little unnerving.

On her body is an alluring white number that's eager to pronounce her curves and form. Nia looks like the perfect doll and she plants her eyes on the stage.

There he is, in his element. Tonight, he's wearing a deep green silk number with floral patterns staining parts of it. It's freeing with no sleeves and his chest is bare.

Harry prances around the stage with a bisexual pride flag and she smiles at how he manages to make everyone feel safe and welcomed in his shows.

It's just something about him. Harry lets the crowd carry him along with the chorus and when he inches closer to where they can see each other, she lightly waves at him.

This is one of those exclusive shows he does just before or right after touring the world.

As soon as he catches her waving at him, he slows down his prancing and a wonderfully warm smile breaks on his face. The fans notice this and some of them scream louder at how adorable he looks but they have no idea what's causing him to smile.

Nia giggles and wiggles her shoulders along to the music. Someone else joins her in the space and she feels a little relieved to have company. Nia turns and catches the blonde short hair on a similarly inked body.

Whoever this is knows they're extremely good looking and she cannot help but admire them. She clears her throat and returns her focus to the man on the stage. Her man.

"Dancing alone?" the guy speaks up.

"Well, not when they're over a hundred people around me," Nia chuckles.

"Fair enough, but I don't think white is a safe colour for a night like this," he winces, a little concerned.

"The memo was to look my best," she replies.

"And now you look better than everyone else, not fair," he sighs.

"I don't play fair, soz," she giggles.

"Don't start on my account," he chuckles along.

Nia slowly nods with a smile and tries to figure his face. Harry has a lot of friends who aren't his friends at the same time. It's confusing to note who's just a colleague and who's for real. This one is a beautiful face and he's weirdly familiar.

Or maybe he just emits the same energy as her boyfriend. She turns and catches him just staring at her as the music starts to repeat itself. Sometimes Harry replays just because he can.

"Stage's that way," she points at the stage and rolls her eyes.

"Sorry, I'm alone with a gorgeous woman and I can't stop admiring her," he speaks up.

"Friend of Harry?" she asks, trying to establish boundaries.

"More like a fan, been begging the knob to be my friend, you know," he replies.

"I can help with that," she raises an eyebrow.

"Friend?" he asks.

"Girlfriend, actually," Nia says.