DARK PRINCES

By ashhh_hhh

What if the future lay in front of Hazel Potter? A strange, confusing and highly unlikely future, yet a futur... More

|CAST PART ONE|
|CAST PART TWO|
|MAJOR CHARACTER AESTHETICS|
|MINOR CHARACTER AESTHETICS|
|PROLOGUE|
|CHAPTER ONE|
|CHAPTER TWO|
|CHAPTER THREE|
|CHAPTER FIVE|
|CHAPTER SIX|
|CHAPTER SEVEN|
|CHAPTER EIGHT|
|CHAPTER NINE|
|CHAPTER TEN|
|CHAPTER ELEVEN|
|CHAPTER TWELVE|
|CHAPTER THIRTEEN|
|CHAPTER FOURTEEN|
|CHAPTER FIFTEEN|
|CHAPTER SIXTEEN|
|CHAPTER SEVENTEEN|
|CHAPTER EIGHTEEN|
|CHAPTER NINETEEN|
|EPILOGUE|

|CHAPTER FOUR|

23.1K 503 134
By ashhh_hhh

THE PROMISE OF FOREVER

"I know we've had our differences, but we can try. Can't we?"
"Yes we can! We can try to make this work. We will try to make this work - no - We will make us work!"

Hazel woke up, for the first time in weeks, of her own accord - not because of nightmares, not because of her aunt's screaming and not because of her dormmates noise. She felt so peaceful. The view out of her window was so calm, so tranquil; she felt herself drawn towards it.

She woke up, took a quick shower and just when she was in the dilemma of what to wear, when her trunk and bag, which she had left at Hogwarts, appeared on the floor, she watched in surprise as the contents distributed themselves, and neatly arranged themselves in the wardrobes, shelves and drawers. A note had come as well,

'Hazel,

I had my Death Eaters bring your and your friends' stuff from Hogwarts. Later when we go to shop for the boys, you can choose acceptable robes for yourself. For now, I hope these are sufficient.

Tom'

With a big smile on her face, Hazel got dressed. While on her way, to the boys' room, she saw a lovely veranda. She leant on the railings and just looked at the beautiful gardens and felt the refreshing morning breeze on her face. She felt a presence behind her and a lovely sweet-spicy smell of coffee, cinnamon, sandalwood along with mild cologne.

"Enjoying the view? This is my favourite place in the entire manor.", Marvolo said.

"Yes, I can see why. These gardens are indeed beautiful. It smells of freshness and nature", Hazel said.

"I hope you had a good night and that the room was comfortable?"

"Yes Marvolo, I did."

"Good Morning Mum. Good Morning Dad", came two voices from behind. Turning they saw Erus and Ares standing, still in their pyjamas. While they were wishing each other a good morning, a loud "Mummy! Daddy" and "Mummy! Papa", could be heard and two little balls of energy attached themselves to Marvolo and Hazel.

"Good morning, sweeties. Did you sleep well?", Hazel asked. Marvolo just stood there with amused eyes and a fond expression.

"Yes Mummy. Erus told us a story", the youngest chirped, way too energetically for early morning.

"Well, let's go have breakfast then", Marvolo said.

At the breakfast table, the Death Eaters and Defence Association were already eating. The seats at the head and top of the table had been left empty. The boys and Marvolo sat down. The only seat left was the one next to Marvolo. He buzzed with satisfaction when Hazel sat next to him.

"Why Haz! We understand now, why you were so taken by that bloke in second year. What do you say Forge?", Fred teased.

"Why Gred! I completely agree. Our little sister sure knows how to pick men", George chirped.

"Boys, play nice", Hermione scolded them, though a small smile was playing in the corner of her lips.

Ginny passed on a quickly scribbled note to Hazel, "Girl, you sure got lucky. Just look at that face and that body. How large is he?? Did you sleep together?? Spill it!!"

Hazel nearly choked on her food while Erus patted her back. Her cheeks were on fire. She could see Lavender, Parvati, Padma and Ginny wait for her reply while gaping and drooling at Tom. Hazel didn't know why, but she felt a strange burning in her stomach seeing the looks her friends were giving Tom. She violently shook her head to convey to the girls that absolutely nothing had happened last night. The man in question was observing her with a smug smirk, no doubt he had caught up with what flustered Hazel so much.

While eating, Hazel kept checking out Marvolo when he wasn't looking. That man was hot!

And though Marvolo didn't notice, her sons sure did. Erus leaned over, "You know mum, a week back, Sirius told me that you and dad were fighting because there were screams, buzzing and the sound of things being thrown coming from your room." He promptly turned away and started talking with Ron. Hazel was practically shaking with embarrassment, mortification and also desire.

"You said that the light had abandoned Hazel because she was a necromancer. What had happened?", Luna questioned.

"At her sixteenth birthday, mom felt a sudden pain and passed out. On waking up, she got a letter from Gringotts saying she had reached her Inheritance, which was a Necromancer", Erus said.

"Mom went to Gringotts and there she found out that she was the Lady to many Houses and that Dumbledore had been controlling her seats in the Wizengamot", Ares said angrily.

"The light side said that a Potter can never be a dark creature and they abandoned her.", Erus continued.

"And then mummy came to papa for revenge", Sirius chirped.

"Did we also abandon Hazel?", Neville asked fearing what the answer would be.

"No. You stuck with mum throughout. We grew with all our aunts and uncles", Hadrian said. Hazel breathed a sigh of relief. She could never imagine a life without her friends.

"Oh! And yes dad, it's best if you go for an inheritance test to Gringotts as well. You are Lord to several Houses. Also you raged a political war in the future with minimal bloodshed. Blood was only spilt if very necessary.", Erus said.

Marvolo nodded and turned to Hazel. "We should take a trip to Gringotts.", he said.

"Maybe tomorrow", Hazel replied. Marvolo nodded his assent.

Meanwhile,

GRIMMAULD PLACE, LONDON

The Order of the Phoenix had just finished watching Dumbledore's memory.

"I want to go and meet my god-grandchildren", Sirius and Remus said.

"We do too", Molly and Arthur said.

"Dumbledore will not let us go. You know that", Arthur said.

"There is one person that can help us.", Bill said.

"Professor Snape", Charlie continued, "He is a Death Eater. He can take us to them."

(Snape is loyal to Voldemort)

"Severus", Molly said.

"What is it?", he asked.

"Take us to the Dark Lord", Sirius said.

"Dumbledore?", he sneered.

"We do not care about that meddling old goat. Hazel is our priority", said Remus.

"And if that means joining the Dark Lord, we are ready", Arthur said.

All of them nodded.

"I will ask the Dark Lord", replied Severus.

SLYTHERIN MANOR, EIDENBURGH

Severus Snape apparated and bowed before his Lord. "My Lord, Miss Potter's god fathers and the remaining Weasleys wish to meet Hazel and your sons. They are solely loyal to Hazel and not Dumbledore.", he said.

"And you are sure of their honesty?", questioned Voldemort.

"Completely My Lord", Severus replied.

"I suppose Hazel would want her family close. Very well Severus, bring them and one more thing, my sons have come here due to a Potions accident. You will talk to Erus and try to find out what went wrong."

"Of course My Lord", Severus said. He bowed and left.

Marvolo started searching for Hazel. He found her in the library with Erus and Ares. "Erus, Ares, go and find your brothers. We have visitors coming", he said.

The boys ran off. Marvolo said to Hazel, "Your god fathers and the remaining Weasleys will be coming. I hope that's alright with you?"

"Sirius doesn't mind that I'm dark?", Hazel asked.

"You'd be surprised to know that all your family is willing to turn dark just for you."

Hazel's radiant smile was answer enough.

"Mummy! Mummy! They are here", came the excited squeals of Hadrian and Sirius.

Marvolo and Hazel shared one glance and she rushed into the living room. The sight there almost made Hazel's heart stop. Bill was carrying Sirius, Remus was hugging Ares, Erus was being coddled by Molly and Hadrian was cuddled with Sirius' Animagus form. Hazel was so glad, so relieved that her family had excepted who she was, that they'd even approved of this strange relation she had with Lord Voldemort.

"Grandma Molly, you know that daddy is very scared of mummy", Sirius asked.

Hadrian said, "We told them yesterday before we went to sleep."

"Haz! Sis! Already sleeping with your boyfriend?", Ron teased.

"I am not sleeping with Marvolo", she screamed.

"So it's Marvolo now? Awwww. Look at my baby, making up nicknames for her boyfriend..", Fred sang-sung.

"Mummy and Papa are not boyfriend-girlfriend.", Hadrian said.

This made Hazel faint. Were they involved in a purely physical relation with no strings attached?

"Is that so?", came a smooth, silky, baritone, seductive voice from behind. Looking back, she saw Marvolo leaning carelessly on the wall. Merlin! That man was HOT!

"Yes, you and Mum are not even married", Ares said.

Sensing his mother's dilemma, Erus stepped in, "What they mean to say is you are not married because you are bonded together. Dad always says that mum is his only love and he will love her and only her forever. This is why they chose to go for a bonding ceremony."

Hazel's mind went into an overdrive. Bonded?? That meant forever. She must have definitely fallen hard with him if she had consented to a bonding.

One look at Marvolo's face and she knew that he was thinking the same.

The rest of the afternoon and evening was spent with the current Hogwarts students, Hazel's family and Voldemort's Inner Circle getting to know the boys and their future. Snape was questioning Erus to find out exactly what had gone wrong with the potion.

The day passed in a blur for Hazel, who was still thinking about Erus' words.'Dad always says that mum is his only love and he will love her and only her forever. This is why they chose to go for a bonding ceremony.' Did Marvolo really love her so much to bond his soul, mind and body to hers? Did she love him so much? How had they gotten so far from being mortal enemies to being bonded?

She didn't even notice what she was eating. The rest of the group, catching up on her mood, left her to her thoughts. Once dinner was over and the Weasleys had gone and her friends had gone to their rooms, Marvolo sent their sons to bed.

He turned to her and asked if she was willing to take a walk by the moonlit lake. She agreed and they walked in a comfortable silence. They reached a bench and sat down gazing at the reflection of the moon on the lake.

"Hazel", Marvolo whispered.

"Yes?", she replied.

"This seems so unreal doesn't it?"

"Yes, look at us. Just two days back, we were out for each other's blood and now.."

"Are you upset with the way things turned out?"

"No, definitely not. I'm shocked, surprised, astounded but definitely not upset. On the contrary I'm quite happy. I have a family in the future, a loving one at that. There is no reason for regret. You?"

"I find myself shocked to the core but this has left me hopeful. I never thought I would have a family but I do. This makes me believe that the future is bright at least for us. The kids' words do prove that we are quite happy together.", he said the last part hesitantly.

Hazel turned to look at him. "By the kids' words, that is the understatement of the century. I believe we are hopelessly in love in the future", she blurted out. And then suddenly realised it. She smiled tentatively at him and he surprised her by smiling back. Marvolo's smile was a sight to behold. He looked positively angelic.

Marvolo got down on his knees in front of her and gently clasped her hands in his.

"I know we've had our differences, but we can try. Can't we?", he asked. He spoke with so much of hope, so much of sincerity, so much of tenderness that Hazel was touched.

She was already falling for that man and she knew that she would be fall hard.

"Yes, we can! We can try to make this work. We will try to make this work - no - We will make us work!"

Marvolo's answering smile was all the answer she would ever need.

"Sometimes the HEART sees what is invisible to the EYE. This time Marvolo's heart had seen Hazel and Hazel's heart saw Marvolo"

"The seeds of love had been sown. The weeds of enmity, anger and hatred - uprooted. Now all that was left was the blooming of the fruits."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.9K 2.2K 33
"You'll find that I can be very, persuasive." In which you've taken an interest in the famous Tom Marvolo Riddle, not knowing the consequences. Tom...
8.5K 788 20
BOOK 3 OF THE GIRL WHO SAW TOMORROW - Make sure you have read the first two. ❝No one, no matter how great, can know of their own Destiny...❞ As the w...
14.7K 669 22
Summary: Dumbledore was sure he had made the right choice. Ten years later Harry shows him just how wrong he was. With little regard for most, Harry...
8.1K 308 44
"You know, Hazel, we can really do this", Harry said, turning his attention back onto Hazel's hopeful smile. "Even though we've got a fight ahead of...