A Different Route ✓

By YaoiYurishipper

What if Ash followed a different route while going on his journey? Instead of following the League route of P... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 9

1.6K 36 0
By YaoiYurishipper

(Hello everyone!
Pokemon is not mine. The pic above is a screenshot from Amazon. You can get the battle frontier badges there.
It looks pretty cool huh?
'thinking'
"talking"
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Hoenn had been a whirlwind of emotions and adventures for Ash, May and Max. All three of them had connected with Legendaries and had gone through the pain of saying goodbye to them. Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jiraichi and Manaphy had left quite an impression on the three of them. Although Ash should be used to meeting Legendaries at this point, it didn't make the dangers any less. Ash had won his Battle Frontier title and license from Brandon who offered him a place as a Battle Brain. The dark haired teen had however declined saying he wanted to travel more to which Brandon simply nodded. Lucario had returned to the Kingdom of Rota after ensuring Ash was trained enough in aura. 

Queen Ilene wished Lucario to train the new batch of knights, which consisted of three humans who had received Riolu as their starter Pokemon. It was a common knowledge that people who had Riolu as a starter tended to develop aura abilities as well. May had won her first Grand Festival, she had taken to training or rather Lucario had dragged her and Max to train, as he realized would be leaving soon after Ash's tournament and Frontier battle. Max was returning home to Hoenn with his four Pokemon, Ralts had decided to follow Max. He had decided to train under his dad and take over the gym while May chose to travel through Kanto after a little incident in Petalburg. Ash decided to go to Sinnoh as that was where Gary was currently and promised to keep in touch with both May and Max.

Cofagrigus, "Cofa!"

Ash, "You know I'll be fine right? There's no Team Aqua or Magma in Sinnoh."

Electabuzz looked at him, "Buzz buzz."

Lucario chimed, -You can't blame big brothers for being worried Meema. You attract trouble.-

Pikachu snickered as Ash pouted at them, they had spent a month relaxing in Pallet town. May had stayed there for a week learning about the best routes to avoid running into any crazy reporters. She had been seen during the Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre event and many had asked if she was aiming to be Ash's girlfriend. She had become frustrated after being asked for the fifteenth time and shouted she was seeing Anabel. Her Dad had coughed and spluttered on hearing that and May had pleaded Ash to get her out of Hoenn. Ash had given her a sympathetic look and the two had left at night after having dinner with Max wishing his sister good luck. Caroline had asked her daughter many questions about Anabel which had May blushing and stuttering before leaving. Norman was not happy someone had caught his daughter interest and grumbled about it. Ash only sweatdropped patting his back.

Ash giggled, "Not as much trouble as May was in after her parents found out about her crush."

Cofagrigus, "Cofa cofa grigus cofa."

Ash, "Sinnoh! Can you see if Gary is here?"

Cofagrigus, "Cofa!"

Ash looked at where Cofagrigus was pointing and saw Gary standing at the dock surrounded by his Pokemon. It looks like there were a few other people around too who kept a distance only thanks to Gary's Electivire. Ash sweatdropped at the number of people who were waiting patiently at the dock. Gary looked happy when he noticed him and Ash could see he looked well despite the extra people.

Ash ran and jumped on Gary after the ship docked at the port, "Gary!"

Gary grinned and hugged, "Ashy! Welcome to Sinnoh, I have so much to tell you."

Ash, "And I have a lot to tell you too."

"Excuse me Champion Ash!"

"We have a few questions!"

Cofagrigus hissed at the reporters, "Grigus!"

The reporters backed up a bit and Gary and Ash sighed and decided to answer three questions only. The three questions ranged from where Ash's previous companions were to why he was here and if he'll be searching for the elusive Legendary Pokemon of Sinnoh. Ash answered the first two questions easily, informing them Max was learning under his father who is a powerful gym leader while May was traveling on her own and he came to Sinnoh to travel. Electabuzz had joined Gary's Electivire and formed a circle around their humans along with Lucario, Pikachu and Umbreon. The last question was answered by Gary, who reminded them that if the Legendary wants to approach them they will. If they don't want to approach them it was fine too, they have a lot of responsibility as Legendary Pokemon after all. The reporters backed off after that and Gary took Ash to the Pokemon center where they could have some peace and quiet.

Ash mused, "That was quiet a welcome."

Gary huffed, "They saw me here yesterday and followed me to the port today. If I knew they were following me I would have been more careful."

Electivire cooed, "Vire Vire."

Lucario nodded, -He is right, you can't control other people's actions. So don't be hard on yourself.-

Gary looked at Lucario, "I keep forgetting Lucarios can communicate with humans easily."

Ash, "My little girl is the strongest of her generation."

Lucario preened, -I am going to protect my Meema.-

Gary, "I'll take you to meet Professor Rowan tomorrow."

Ash blinked, "Eh? Why? I'm not against it of course but I was hoping to check this city out and maybe have a date."

Gary smiled, "We will Ash, don't worry. But well thing is Professor Rowan read about your success in caring for abandoned starters."

Ash gave the roof a glare, "Why do people even bother to become trainers if they plan on abandoning their Pokemon?"

Gary held his hand, "I don't know Ashy. People are asshats after all. Let's get some sleep, you had a long travel."

Ash, "Cuddle?"

Gary, "Sure!"

Pokemon pov:

Cofagrigus, -So we'll have a new family member then.-

Lucario, -I'll be a big sister, the best big sister they'll have.-

Pikachu smiled at her, -I know you will, I just wish this happened under better circumstances.-

Electabuzz, -We should call home and inform the others.-

Pikachu yawned climbing beside Ash who was already asleep, -Tomorrow it has been a long trip.-

Electabuzz, -Hopefully whoever it is is not broken.-

Electivire, -It'll be alright. I met them, they are a little shaken but not broken.-

Pokemon pov end!

The next day they met Professor Rowan who was giving away Pokemon to three trainers. A boy with glasses, a girl in a dress and a blond boy who gasped with surprise on seeing them. Professor Rowan greeted them and left the young trainers to get acquainted with their Pokemon and took the duo to another room.

Rowan took a pokeball, "I received this little one two weeks ago. Poor thing lost her entire troop to Pokemon hunters."

Ash watched as Chimchar came out and ran behind the table scared of the humans, "She is terrified of us."

Gary was blank, "Do you know who the hunters were Professor?"

Rowan nodded, "They were Hunter J's followers."

Gary took out an envelope, "I see, were these the same people as the ones who attacked me three months ago?"

Rowan looked at the picture, "No, these were different."

Ash turned to Gary, "You were attacked?"

Gary nodded, "They thought I was working on Arceus and that I had information on him. Fools if you ask me, I'm more interested in Darkrai and Cresselia."

Rowan looked at him with curiousity, "The dream Pokemons! I see, have they visited you?"

Gary, "Nope! Not that I know of."

While they were talking Chimchar was approached by Pikachu and Umbreon who greeted her softly. Chimchar despite being wary greeted them back and looked between the Pokemon and the humans a little warily. Pikachu nudged Umbreon to talk to him as he had gone through what Chimchar went through as an Eevee. Chimchar looked at Umbreon when she heard that and the three started to chatter together. Ash noticed this and smiled at them before introducing himself again and asking Chimchar if he wanted to join them. The fire monkey looked at Umbreon then she approached Gary who picked her up, welcoming her.

Ash, "That's that."

Rowan, "That's one problem solved, now I have another one. You see aside from Chimchar the rescues found a poke egg as well."

Ash, "You want me to take the egg now that Gary has Chimchar?"

Rowan nodded, "You are close to registering six Pokemon being raised from poke eggs right? Once this little one is born, return to the lab and I'll personally sign the certificate for you."

Ash, "Thanks Professor! So where is the egg?"

Rowan, "This way, here, I don't know what Pokemon it is, I have seen the poke eggs for the starter Pokemon and this is not one of them."

Ash, "It'll be a surprise then and Lucario has been wanting to be am older sister. She'll be really happy to meet them."

Rowan, "Well I'll see you two off then. I'm glad you agreed to take care of them. I was not sure of who to give them to and my work does not give me the time necessary to help traumatized Pokemon."

Gary, "We understand."

Ash, "Happy to help. See you around Professor."

A while after going down the well worn path they heard a voice call out, "Excuse me!"

Gary, "Yes?"

It was the three trainers from the lab and their Pokemon starters. Chimchar seemed to know the starters and greeted them while the trainers introduced themselves. The two boys were Barry and Conway while the lone girl was Dawn. Ash and Gary introduced them as well and so did their Pokemon. Dawn and Barry turns out were fans of the two, Dawn loved Ash's performance and Barry enjoyed the battles. After walking together to Twinleaf town, Gary took Ash out on a date and to get to know their newest member. Dawn, Barry and Conway went their own way as well after saying farewell to them.

Ash, "There are so many places."

Gary, "Let's get lunch first. I am sure our Pokemon are hungry too."

Ash, "Sure!"

Unknown to the couple the three younger trainers who had not gone that far overheard their plans and blushed. Dawn squealed in her heart and decided to ask her questions later if they meet again. The two boys also left shortly after that, while Ash and Gary enjoyed their date in town. The next day they left for the gym where Ash could compete for the badge and ribbon both. It was a few days walk from where they were and two days by flight, they decided to walk half way then fly. It was a good thing they went on foot, as it turns out Dawn had run into members of Team Galactic.

Ash, "Are you okay?"

Dawn, "I'm okay. They stole a tablet from the museum."

Gary deadpanned, "Does it have anything to do with Dialga, Palkia or Arceus?"

Dawn nodded, "Yeah, it had, I think. I couldn't read it much but.... I recognize the shapes."

Ash, "Alright then, Pikachu, Lucario with me. Cofagrigus, into the shadows. Electabuzz back up. Gyarados into the water."

Gary, "Umbreon, Electivire with me. Fearrow to the sky keep an eye on them. Gengar into the shadows. Gyarados into the water. Don't let them escape."

Dawn, "Wao! You have a Gyarados couple? That's so cool. I heard they are hard to take care of or train, right?"

Ash chuckled, "Questions later, let's deal with these people first. OK?"

Dawn nodded, "Piplup, Buneary and Shinx let's show these people we are not push overs."

The Pokemon roared in answer and attacked the members of Team Galactic. They managed to round up the four members who from the looks of it were mere grunts. Officer Jenny thanked them for their help and adviced Dawn to stick with the two for a while.

Dawn, "Eh? I don't want to be a burden."

Officer Jenny sighed, "Just for a few days kid. Team Galactic has been active for a month and they have not been playing nice. You are lucky they came to help you when they did."

Gary approached them, "We don't mind having a local who grew up in Sinnoh show us around actually. I may have been here for a while but between my work and responsibilities I hardly went out."

Ash nodded, "It would be very helpful to have someone who knows the place better show us around."

Dawn, "Really? Oh okay then! I don't mind showing you guys around."

Ash, "Besides didn't you have questions? We can answer while traveling."

Dawn brightened up at that and started to ask them questions about their Pokemon. If it was true that most of their Pokemon were and how did they help them. Ash and Gary answered the best they could before she confessed her Shinx was abandoned. Dawn told them, she had come across one female trainer who had abandoned Shinx, just because the little girl could not use thunder. Ash nodded hiding his anger and asked what she looked like and her name and Pokemon she possibly had on her. After getting the description Ash sent the message to a certain trio who messaged back they were on it. Ash told Dawn, the authorities would deal with the trainer themselves. And if she had other Pokemon that were abandoned those Pokemon would be given proper care and treatment. Or sent to her first, since she's already taking care of Shinx.

(To be continued....
This is my twist on Sinnoh region.
^ω^
Dawn is a sweetheart and I plan on giving her the original team she had plus a few more.
≧ω≦
We'll see as the time goes, don't worry Ash and Gary will be getting more Pokemon too.
Till next time my lovely readers!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151 0 13
Ever wonder what Ash's Journey would be if he was in Galar? Well, I'm creating my own rewrite to discuss What would that be like. The plot is about a...
97.3K 1.1K 35
Ash Ketchum has just arrived at Pallet Town after coming back from Kalos he went on a 3 month long journey around Kanto and Johto gathering his old P...
161K 1.8K 15
When Ash loses the Kalos league and decides to head back to Pallet town, he asks Serena to continue traveling with her, but when she refuses because...
681K 9.6K 32
Ash's friends and family have betrayed him and now he is the champion of the Kalos region, now know to be one of the strongest leagues there is. Wi...