Ishqbaaz: Inseparable

By viratsrk

Life seems to be back on track for the Oberois after the Kalyani Mills chapter, but when has life been so sim... More

|| Characters introduction ||
||1. Life back on track ||
|| 2. Day goes on ||
|| 3. O- Bros time ? ||
|| 4. Compensation ||
|| 5. Tiredness ||
|| 6. Night time Conversations ||
|| 7. Shivika ||
|| 8.Plan for a trip?? ||
|| 9. The trip is on ||
|| 10.Bro Time||
|| 11. Trouble? ||
||12.Insecurities speak ||
|| 13. Aftermath||
|| 14.The O-Bahus talk ||
|| 15. The News||
|| 17. We are Inseparable ||
|| 18.All's Well that Ends Well ||
NEW STORY ALERT

|| 16. Shock ||

1.1K 90 14
By viratsrk

Annika felt her legs give away. She felt herself loosing her hold on Shivaay. But when she saw Shivaay falling on the bed, she became aware and held him before he collapses. He was still conscious and could hear her. She shook her head and asked with disbelief.

"You are joking, right? Shivaay, you are not in your senses. You don't know what you are saying. You sleep now. We will talk tomorrow okay? "

She attempted to put him to sleep but he resisted and held her hands. He wiped her tears and said to her, "Believe me Anni, I had to gather a lot of courage. And that is why I drank today Annika. I didn't have enough courage in me to tell you this when I am sane. I drank as much as I needed to break this news to you. I am scared Annika. Very scared. I don't want to leave you. I don't want to."

He hugged her so tightly that even she got hell scared. She, with utmost difficulty broke the hug and asked him, "Shivaay, you are really scaring me. Tell me exactly what has happened. What was the result in your reports? Tell me."

He looked into her eyes and started speaking. His voice was still slow and slurred but Annika could decipher what he was saying.

"The reports came today Anni. The doctor called and told me that my heart needs an urgent transplant and they will find a suitable heart. But the chances of survival are very less. I am really scared Annika."

"What?"

"Yes Annika, the doctor has given a deadline of three months Annika. I can't do it. I can't."

He again buried his head into her neck and Annika could feel the wetness of his tears there. She still wasn't able to process the life changing news he had just given her. Suddenly, she felt the heaviness increase on herself. She realized that Shivaay has slept. She laid him down on the bed and covered him with the duvet. She sat beside him and caressed his face and kissed him all over the face numerous times as if she was in trance. She slowly slept beside him and snuggled into him and hugged him very tight as if, if she leaves him, she will lose him forever. She didn't realize when sleep overtook her.

When the morning rays entered the room, they broke Shivaay's sleep. He squinted his eyes open and saw around the room, only to see it empty. His head ached but he did remember some snippets of their conversation yesterday. But what he clearly remembered that he had disclosed about his illness to her. He heard noises around him and saw Annika enter the room with a lemonade in her hands. But what caught his attention was that she refused to meet his eyes. She quietly came to him and kept the glass beside him and was about to leave when Shivaay held her hand. As a result, she fell on the bed. He held her hand and made her look at him.

"Anni, I am sorry for what happened yesterday. I didn't mean for this to happen the way it did."

"And you just think that coming home drunk and dropping an atom bomb on your wife would make things easier?"

"I am really sorry Anni. But I couldn't look into your eyes and tell you that. I just couldn't. I know I shouldn't have drunk but I didn't have any other option."

"Do you even realise that alcohol can be more damaging to already damaged heart? Don't you ever think about me, Shivaay?"

"I know Anni. I just drank as much as I could tell you the news. I didn't drink excessively but I understand it is still wrong."

"Of course it is. Now let me go. I am really angry with you. I don't want to talk to you."

She was about to get up when he again pulled her back and this time hugged her tight.

"I don't want to go away from you Anni. Don't leave me alone. I can't handle this. Please don't."

She also hugged him back and rubbed his back in assurance.

"Shh, Shivaay, calm down okay. Look at me."

She broke out of the hug and looked at him. She gently wiped his tears and kissed his forehead.

"We will come out victorious Shivaay. I am there with you. It is just another problem. We will defeat time and destiny. You aren't going anywhere. You aren't leaving me alone. We have our whole life in front of us. So don't take any tension. You freshen up. I will bring your breakfast here only for you."

As she got up and was about to go, Shivaay tugged at her hand. She looked back at him to see completely broken, scared and vulnerable.

"Anni, everything will be fine na?"

"Yes, it will be. If, to keep you with me, I have to fight death, I will. But I won't let you go away from me and your brothers. You three still have to patch up and spend many more Obro moments. Now go and freshen up while I bring your breakfast. By the way, do you have to take any medicines before breakfast?"

"No, after breakfast, I have to take."

"Okay"

10 minutes later, they were sitting by the poolside having breakfast. While giving him the toast Annika asked him, "If you came to know about the reports yesterday morning, why didn't you tell me and moreover went to the party and got drunk. Why?"

"Anni, I was so scared myself and took time to comprehend the situation. I went to the party to distract myself and think of ways to tell you. That is when I got drunk. It wasn't much. Just enough to build up courage to break the news to you. I am sorry."

"It's okay. But from now on, I am going to taking full care of you. Reduce your work and maximum rest, okay?"

"Yes, I will agree to everything you say. But I am still tensed about one thing."

"What is it Shivaay?"

"How am I going to tell everyone else, especially Omru? We might be having disagreements but they are still my brothers Annika."

"I don't know Shivaay how should we tell them. But you don't worry, we will find a way out. Now, listen to me. You have finished your breakfast, so have these medicines and rest for a while. You didn't have proper sleep yesterday given the stunt you pulled. I will call up Mishra and tell him that you won't come to work", Annika said while giving him the medicines.

He had them and went to the bedroom but not before giving a kiss on Annika's forehead.
But what the both of them didn't realize was that their talks were heard by two more people. Om and Gauri had come to have breakfast by the poolside too. They heard parts of Shivika's conversation. They didn't quite understand the exact matter but they perceived that whatever it was, it is quite important. They decided to confront the two of them.

After having the medicines, Shivaay soon slept. Partly due to the tiredness and partly due to the effect of the medicines. Annika knew that he might be asleep for some time so she decided to visit his doctor personally. As she took her purse and was about to go, she heard Om's voice.

"Bhabhi wait, we all need to talk to you."

All. Annika got confused and turned around. She saw Om, Gauri, Bhavya and Rudra staring at her. She gulped. Had they come to know about Shivaay? She quickly masked her expressions when she saw Om come towards her.

"Bhabhi, what is it that you are hiding from all of us? Is it about Shivaay or the company? Tell us?"

"No Om, it's nothing like that", Annika said while maintaining her composure.

"No Bhabhi, we definitely know something is wrong. Have you both fought? Did he again say something to you? Tell us. I think we all know the consequences of hiding things from each other", Rudra spoke holding Annika's hand.

" No Rudy, he didn't say anything to me and we haven't fought. It is nothing serious, trust me"

"Then why has your face lost all color Jiji?", Gauri questioned

Annika's resolve was breaking minute by minute. She wasn't being able to hold herself. Shivaay's deteriorating condition was only taking life out of her. Finally, both Om and Rudra came to her and gave her their swear.

"Tell us Bhabhi. Aapko humari kasam"

That was it. Annika's dam broke and she collapsed on the ground. Om and Rudra were quick to hold her.

"Bhabhi, now you are really scaring us. Tell us the matter. We all are there with you. Is there some big problem?", Bhavya attempted to console her.

Annika looked at everyone and wiped her tears, though unsuccessfully. She explained the whole matter to them in between her sobs. As she went on, she could feel Om and Rudy's hold on her loosen. They both trembled back and sat on the couch with Gauri and Bhavya's support.

"It isn't true Bhabhi. Bhaiya is joking with you. He isn't telling the truth.  Go and ask him. Where is he? I will only ask him." Rudra tried to come out of Bhavya's hold and go to Shivaay but Annika stopped him and held him in her tender arms.

"He isn't joking Rudy. I also thought that he is but this is the truth"

"But Bhabhi, how are we supposed to believe all this? I mean, it is all just too much. It is impossible", Om spoke with disbelief.

" Om, Rudy,", Annika spoke to the both of them "Listen to me carefully. He is completely broken. I have never seen him so vulnerable. He is scared that he will lose to destiny and death. Now we only have to be his strength. Forget your fight and be there for him. We won't let him go away from us. Yeah?"

They both quietly nodded their heads and cried in Annika's embrace.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was lunch time when Shivaay's sleep broke. The room was empty but he found a note attached beside him written by Annika. She had informed him that she had some urgent work and would be back soon. It didn't take him any rocket science to figure out that she had gone to visit his doctor. He got out of the bed, had his before lunch medicines and went to the dining table. He was surprised to see OmRu and Rivya arranging the table. He quietly went and took his seat. Gauri quietly served food for him and he began eating. Although, he wasn't oblivious to Om and Rudra's glances towards him. But everytime, he looked at them, they would ignore him. Since he did not know that they were aware of the truth, he assumed that they still were refusing to talk to him. When lunch was over, Shivaay entered his room and had his medicines again.
Just then he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in", he said without looking who it is.

Om entered the room and Shivaay turned back to look at him.

" You want something Om?"

"No, I mean yeah, I wanted to ask how come you are at home at this time?"

Shivaay thought that Om was subtlety taunting him because as soon as Om asked him, he turned around. Actually, Om was trying really hard to control his tears. He couldn't muster up enough courage to look at his big brother, his shield and support throughout. But he wiped his tears and turned back when he heard Shivaay's voice.

"Actually, Annika asked me to stay back. I came back late yesterday. I was also very tired."

"Okay, I will leave then. You take rest."

And before Shivaay could say anything, Om darted out of the room. He allowed his tears to flow freely now. No, he wasn't brave. He couldn't face Shivaay. Just a two minute casual talk made him so weak. How was he going to sail through what was going to come ahead. And if this was what he was going through, then he dreaded what Rudra would feel. He had fought with Shivaay and said whatnot to him and now his brother is almost in the jaws of death. Oh god! What more has to come! But no, he, Omkara Singh Oberoi will put up a brave mask for Rudra, for his family and most importantly for Shivaay. It is their turn to be there for Shivaay. Insecurities won't overpower  their love. He and Rudra won't let it happen. Never ever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
The drunk scene idea is of my dear friend 104shivika. Hope you like it.
Others, the book is soon coming to an end. I had always intended for this to be a short book since it was my first on Wattpad.
Keep reading and update will come soon.
Stay tuned.
Until next time.
Ciao

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 10.1K 47
An Ishqbaaz fic about Obros: (#2 First Runner up for best Obros story - The Ishqbaaz Fanfic Community Awards 2018 #TIFCA) In everyone's life there's...
46.2K 6.2K 43
Shivaay Singh Oberoi has everything - a wonderful wife that he deeply loves, a successful career and a beautiful family. God has bestowed him with ev...
64.1K 4.9K 48
Tales of Oberoi Family set after the mystery of Kalyani Mills was solved. What would Oberoi Family be doing when they are not fighting supervillains...
Dreams By Shivani

Fanfiction

89.5K 9.6K 52
COMPLETED He always supports his family and fight with evils for his family. He never ask anything from his family. He left his dreams for his fami...