Love, is not for us

By hytz38

Tiara Rogers is a 27 years old Miss Prim & Proper. Being the co-owner of a marketing consulting start-up, pl... More

#1 - Two worlds apart
#2 - The Night Before
#3 - Regrets and Repeat
#4 - Rules
#5 - You're quite sweet
#6 - Why can't I join?
#7 - So, this is a double date?
#8 - What changed?
#9 - But, how?
#10 - You're too calm
#11 - So, it's Real
#12 - Telling the mothers
#13 - Telling the Bestie
#14 - You Stink! Go Away
#15 - For the best
#16 - Are you kidding?
#17 - Restart
#18 New Rules?
#19 - She's MY baby
#20 - Well done
#21 - Are you ready?
#22 - Night out
#23 - Emergency
#24 - Co-parents
#25 - The Past
#26 - Welcome Home
#27 - Packing Up
#28 - Decisions
#29 - Closer
#30 - A million questions
#31 - Mother & Daughter
#32 - No answers
#33 - New Memories
#34 - Not capable for love
#35 - Punches
#36 - Our Demons
#38 - I owe you
#39 - Night Sky
#40 - Secretive

#37 - Brothers

48 3 0
By hytz38

James

"Boo~ Waa~", the sound of Tiara's voice fills up our bedroom as she plays her funny expression game with them on our bed. I sit, leaning to her and place my hand on her waist and tuck my chin on her shoulder.

"Their crib is all set.", we're finally using the crib set in our bedroom now that Tiara & I no longer needing any space. While Tiara was entertaining the boys, I had set their crib with a fresh set of blankets and pillows.

"Okay~ Time to sleep boys~", she coos at them as she picks Nolan into her arms and I take Niall into mine. Tiara dims the light and we both rock them into slumber as I read them a couple of bedtime stories I have ingrained in my head. It doesn't take long until they fall asleep and we carefully place them in the crib.

I hug Tiara from the back as we both admire our little miracles. "Want to get straight to bed?", Tiara whispers to me. "Yeah, sure. Better sleep get as much sleep while we can.", I agree with her question and lead her to bed.

She settles herself by propping up on my chest. And I notice her eye sets on my lips. "See something you like?"
"Yeah, very much.", she confirms as she capture my lips and devour passionately. I groan into our kisses when she moans my name softly. And that's my cue to break our intimate kiss, "We better stop."

"Uh-huh.", she rolls to lie flat on her back frustratedly.

I turn and prop my elbow to look at her, "Soon, okay baby. Plus, the boys are here, you can't seduce me like that in their presence.", I comfort and then tease her.

"It's been monthsss...", she whines with her pouting face.

"I promise you to make it worth while when your body is ready, and you'll never forget it.", she chuckles at me, "Confident, as always."

"Any doubts?"
"Nope."

I drag her bag so she's back on my naked chest and she hums contently.

"Sweetheart."
"Yea?", her voice vibrates into my chest.

"You think you guys will be okay if I go out for a bit tomorrow? Just about 2 hours top."

"Yeah, why not. Where to?", her finger is dancing in empty circles around the fading bruise I got from Luke.

"First, I need to drop by the publishing house to apologize my MIA and drop some completed works. And then... I haven't ask but maybe.. I'll see Luke.", surprised at my latter plan, she props her head up to look at me.

"I spent the entire evening to think about what you said. And I think I can try it out with Luke first." She smiles hearing my plan and asks, "Whatever happens, I'm here with Niall & Nolan to welcome you home."
I tuck her hair away from covering her face and play with them. "Thank you, Love."

She shakes her head lightly before asking, "Didn't expect you to start with Luke first."

"Well, he's the easy ones." What I didn't tell her is, besides for myself, it's also for you. I know you miss him, it's my fault again that he's not speaking to you. I need to make it right again for you.

"What do you mean easy? Remember, he's still my bestie.", she playfully warns me from making fun of her bestie.

"So? I'm your boyfriend and baby daddy.", she giggles at this.

"So?", she's still curious to know why.

"He's a chatter-box. I don't have to worry to do so much of talking."

"I don't think that meets the objective but alright, something to start with.", she nuzzles and peck my chest.

—-

Luke agrees to meet up with me at a nearby cafe. I'm starting to regret this, god, this is stupid. How am I supposed to open up to him? I swear to god, the things I would do to ensure Tiara's happiness. Whatever for that beautiful, enchanting smiles and laughs. I can't wait for the boys to be big enough so we can have a family outing, maybe to the beach. I'm sure we'll have so much fun and it'll make her happy.

"Hey. Earth to James.", Luke's voice breaks my thought. They really got me bad that I'm caught day dreaming.

"Oh hey, have a seat.", I finally acknowledge his presence and gesture to the waiter to get our orders. We placed our orders within minutes and he just stare at me.

"So? Dude, you called me here.", Luke prompts me to talk. I take a deep breath as I start, "Right, I did. Erm, well- I'm sorry."

"You're sorry? For what?!", clearly he still has lots of anger bottling up and the punches he threw weren't enough.

"For leaving. For being an ass-hole."

"It's not to me that you should apologize, it's Tiara and the boys. Your boys. Do you really think just a sorry will cut? I don't know what charms you use on her that she foolishly welcomes you back—"

"Look, I know I fucked up. Big time. And I regret every single day. I have no excuse for what I did. But I'm trying my best to be better, prove to them that I'll never do it ever again. I'll prove to the world that I deserve her and I'll make her nothing but happy."

He leans back on his seat and sigh loudly. "I've known her for as long as I can remember. I've seen every single phase in her life, all her exes." My face frowns hearing the last part. He notices this and gesture for me to calm down, "It's all in the past. Relax. Okay, what I want to say is, she's the happiest and the best version of herself when she's with you and the same goes to you. But you break her the most too, and if you are still not sure where your place is, I need to protect her from getting hurt again."

"I am sure. That my place is with her. B-but—", I let out a huge sigh frustratedly, and rub my face, unable to form the words out. It is not as easy as doing it with Tiara.

"You don't have to explain. It's not my place to know either. I just need to know, that you promise that you won't fuck it up again, and won't break her." I nod vigorously at this, "I promise."

"Good. But if you break this promise, I won't go easy again even if she stops me.", he gives me a small smile and scans my face. "I hit you pretty good huh.", he says cockily.

I rub my jaw then touch the fading wound at the corner of my lips and mock him, "Yeah, you definitely did your best. But it's nothing compared to what I've had or did before."

He scoffs, "I was holding back."

"Didn't seem like it but good job.", I tease him and take a sip of my coffee. He rolls his eyes and take a sip of his coffee too.

"Come over, she misses you."

"I will. I miss her too and my nephews.", he smiles remembering my precious sons and just like that the chatter-box Luke returns with his endless talking. He went on and on thinking ahead of the places he'll bring them to, the things he have bought for them.

"—I heard from my patient, there's this great place for a gathering. Maybe you guys can have their 1st birthday there! It has a—"

"Do you hate me?", I interrupt his chatters and his jaw drops, speechless.

"Sorry. Of course you do. Yea-yea, you can tell Tiara about the place.", I change the topic as quickly as I brought it up.

"Wait a minute. What makes you ask this?", unfortunately he's still stuck at this. I shouldn't have asked.

"Nothing. I better go now.", I take the bill and get up to leave.

"No no. C'mon why do you even think I hate you.", he pulls me back to sit.

"Don't you? I would hate myself if I'm in your place.", I tell him, stating the obvious.

He still look at me confused, "Care to elaborate why?"

"You're not letting this go, aren't you?", I lean back defeatedly as he shakes his head.

"I almost ruin your family. Unlike you, I'm a product of illegitimate affair that almost break your family apart. And as it wasn't enough, I was forced into your teenage life, making chaos in your perfect happy life."

He just look at me seeming to digest my words. After a moment of silence he finally speaks, "I don't hate you." Now is my turn to turn speechless. I did not expect that.

"You didn't ask to come to this world through an affair. If anyone's at fault, it's dad and your mom. If I should hate anyone, it should be them. Not you. But they've paid their mistakes and as long as my mom is cool with them, I'm cool. Man, I like your mom, she's fun!", I still stare at him wordlessly trying to comprehend his words.

"As for your rebellious crazy teenage stage, yeah I probably resent you at that time. But I didn't hate you still. I was more scared of you.", he chuckles at this and added, "Point is. No, I don't hate you. Why would I even try to make friends with you and even introduce Tiara? I would be crazy to introduce her to someone I hate. No one hates you, bro."

I felt a huge sense of relief and it feels like a hard lump inside me dissolves once I fully digest his words. "Thanks, bro. Thanks."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 4.9K 34
a kinda cliche grumpy x sunshine (i'm living my fantasies through this book) Sera Wynn meets a man one thriller night whom she couldn't really stop...
2.2K 29 5
**๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐„๐“๐„!** ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ฒ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ... ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐œ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๏ฟฝ...
64.3K 1.3K 34
(Book I) Dahlia Davis joins her school's leadership program in hopes of making some more friends, but it's a lot harder than it seems... is she willi...
10K 252 14
friends to lovers trope ! no sexualizing just kissing !! started 1/24/24 ended