Hazy

Oleh JamieDenise

Jamie Bennett doesn't like spontaneity. She believes to have a dull life and she prefers it that way. She nev... Lebih Banyak

Hazy
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Bonus Chapter. (Harry's P.O.V)
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Bonus Chapter. (Austin's P.O.V)
Chapter Nine.
Bonus Chapter. (Marcel's P.O.V)
Hazy: What He Was And What Became Him
Hazy: What's Yet To Come (Extended Excerpt/Teaser)
Chapter Eleven.

Chapter Ten.

2.6K 98 72
Oleh JamieDenise

Author’s Note: It’s been too long again, hasn’t it? I know apologizing to you guys won’t help a bit. But here’s an update!!! Finally! (Yeah, I hate myself for not updating, too, you know) I know it’s not lengthy and you guys deserve better but I hope you like it? Or not? And yes, remember last time when I asked who do you prefer: Niall or Zayn? Most of you commented Niall. And, I wasn’t sure about that—hence, I didn’t update again, until now. I figured I owe you guys, so I have decided that, okay, you want Niall, I’ll give you Niall! :-)

I want a new book cover! Someone make me one, please please please?

Oh, and if you’ve already translated my story to your language—send me a message real quick! I’ll do a compilation of your works. Oh, and thank you. :-)

I WANT TO CALL THIS HAZY 2.0 BECAUSE WHY NOT

HAZY’S BACK TELL A FRIEND

(PS: I’M OBSESSED WITH YOUR COMMENTS YOU GUYS ARE SO AMAZING YOUR WORDS LIGHT UP MY DAY ESPECIALLY WHEN I’M DOWN)

___________________________________________________

Chapter Ten.

// N O W //

What do you do when you want to end your nightmares?

You wake up. Or at least, you try to. Of course, you need wake up. You open your eyes, you check your surroundings. You have to breathe in and have to let yourself consider: this day is brand new. This day is a blank slate, a page waiting for some spillage of ink.When you wake up, it’s a constant reminder that this day, today, is going to either make you forget yourself or make you forgive yourself. You could choose both, if you want to. But today, like every single day of my life—I chose not to. I can’t just forgive myself to forget what I’ve done. My nightmares have been staples, too recurring—that I don’t know what I would have become without them.

It was Monday. I woke up a little late than my usual schedule of waking up, but it was okay. My head hurt so much from last night’s slumber that I had to tweet about it and had to call my dad for the comfort of hearing his voice. It was Monday. And I would love to get busy, love to get my mind off of things.

___________________________________________________

Real nice. Today’s Monday failed to keep me busy. My professor in my first subject, English Literature—just gave us photocopied handouts for the Neo-Classical Period to read and study for the whole week. I’ve read the Restoration Age already and have mastered Edmund Spenser’s works beforehand—so, not busy. The professor for my second subject didn’t show up for unknown reasons, and I have to wait for two hours before my second to the last subject begins—which was Astronomy.

“Luke, hiiiiiiii.” I spoke on my phone as my classmates in my second subject rushed past me leaving the room, some of them waving goodbye to me. I sat still on the seat that our professor assigned on our first day of meeting, and within seconds—I was all alone in such a huge space.

“Jamie, you picked up! No classes? Or are you being a good girl that’s actually a bad girl that hasn’t been caught by your teacher?” I giggled in response to his ridiculousness. It’s nice to know he’s quite attentive to my schedule.

“No luck, Hemmings. My professor is a no show.” I showed disappointment in my voice, but I rebounded by saying, “But hey, what you just said… that could be a good lyric to a song.”

Luke laughed this laugh that was so cute, it was contagious. “Really? I should maybe write that right now in a paper so I wouldn’t forget it.”

“Trust me, I would make you remember it.” Yet, another failed attempt of me saying something flirty...

“Where are you?” He mused.

“Here in the room, alone.”

“Okay, stay right there.”

“I’m actually going to g—“ But then, I realized that he already ended the call.

After three minutes, a saw a Luke Hemmings, tall, panting and out of breath—on the room’s spacious door and I couldn’t help but smile.

“Mind. Some. Company?” He heaved in between exhales.

“Whoa, where did you come from?”

“I ran from Geo to here real quick because I figured you shouldn’t be alone.” Luke smiled as he strode his way to my desk.

“Free cut?” I asked.

“Free cut.” He nodded.

It’s nice to imagine that amidst the vastness of this room—this lecture hall, I could only look at him at this moment. I could only look at how messy his blond hair is right now, and how he looks nice in his red buttoned down plaid, and how his blue eyes are looking at me…

“Let’s go grab some lunch. It’s too early for Astronomy. Is it okay?” Luke grabbed my binder.

“Okay.”

___________________________________________________

The thing about spending time with Luke Hemmings is that, when you’re with him, it feels like time goes by rapidly.

Here we are, seated next to each other; our Astronomy professor just dismissed us ten minutes later than the time because of a heated debate of students about exoplanets which generally amused our professor that lead us to the extension of the discussion. I don’t mind the ‘hearty’ clashing of opinions—as said by our professor, but it was Monday, and I was late for my last class.

“I’ll accompany you to your next class?” Luke queried when we exited his college.

“It’s—“

“Duuuuuude, there you are! I’ve been looking for you, man. You’re twelve minutes late to our band practice!” I looked over to the guy who has dyed hair who almost tackled Luke… and me.

“Hey, watch it, Michael! You almost hit her!”

“Whoops, sorry.” He automatically held a peace sign.

“Oh… ohmahgod, you must be Jamie Bennett!” And he automatically pulled me in a hug.

“Michael!” Luke was red like his friend’s hair.

“Yes, hello.” I lamely blurted out.

“You’re-all-he-talks-about! It’s-so-nice-to-actually-see-you-alive. I-thought-you’re-not-real! You’re-pretty.” He managed to tell me in one breath.

“Michael, shut up.” Luke rolled his eyes.

“Jamie, this is Michael Clifford, my friend who’s an idiot.” Michael immediately turned so I could see his back and the letters IDIOT spelled on his flannel.

“Nice to meet you, Michael.” I smiled enthusiastically. He seemed interesting.

“But, I have to go. I’m late for my class.” I bit my lip.

“Oh yeah, sure.”

“I’ll accompany—“

“No, Luke, it’s fine. Bye. See you. Bye Michael!” I waved as I started to sprint.

“Come to our band practice next time!” Michael shouted.

“I will!” I shouted back.

I will?

I will. Move forward. Step by step, Jamie.

___________________________________________________

Oh man, I wish I have a car. I’m probably twenty minutes late to my last class and the Department of History is like, still far ahead. Though, our professor there is considerate especially if you have to “travel” your way around the campus class per class, I still find it icky for me to be late on something.

I bolted passed the buildings and the people with my sight headed in only one direction when I bumped into something hard.

“Oooft.”

Or someone.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry.” I instantly kneeled down to pick up our things that fell on the ground: my binder and some of the papers in it, his papers, his backpack and some of the items in it because it’s open, and his snapback.

I looked up to see if he was angry but he’s just squinting with a scowl while he gripped the side of his chest that I assume, was hit by my shoulders.

“I’m so sorry.” I repeated my apology.

“Nah, it’s alright. You got a pretty hard shoulder, eh?” He chuckled as I handed some of his things.

“I’m sorry.”

“A pretty woman like ya shouldn’t apologize. Not thrice.” The guy shrugged and smiled at me.

He had a really thick accent that I guess was… Irish?

“I’m sorry,” was all I could easily say in a rush.

The guy shrugged again.

“Where ya headin’?” He asked me while he zipped close his backpack. He gave me a hand to pull me up, but I declined. He’s still a stranger, whatever pain I have inflicted on him already…

“A class. A class that I’m super late already.” I mumbled, heading to walk away.

“Where?” He furrowed his brows.

“Department of History.”

“Oh cracker, that’s where I’m heading too! Nice, I was actually lost—clueless where I’m goin’!”

And I was a bit skeptical to accompany this stranger—but well, if you’re on a rush, you don’t think too much, I guess.

“What’s your class?” I asked him while I was preparing to dash.

“Oh, uh…” He looked through his papers to find his schedule slip—which I assume, were additional subjects.

“Asian History and Mythology.” He called out in a cheerful manner.

I gaped at him, thinking about the familiarity of the subject.

“Oh, we’re in the same class.” I thought out loud.

“Come on.” I ran as if he’s not going to follow me. But of course, he did.

“You’re fast!” He reacted as we go through the hallways of the Department of History.

“But you can catch up with me.” I mumbled.

“But I didn’t catch yer name yet.”

“Jamie.” I told him.

“You have a pretty name. Niall.”

I mentally said his name, feeling it on my mental tongue.

“You have a pretty name.”

___________________________________________________

Author’s Note: SURELY, I WON’T EVER LET YOU WAIT FOR MONTHS FOR AN UPDATE AGAIN! HAHA. AND YAY FOR NEW CHARACTERS!

COMMENTS PLEASE. :--)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

181K 4.7K 36
Ava Thomas had her memory ripped away from her and now she has no idea who she is. When she meets the famous Harry Styles, her life changes completel...
58.2K 769 56
This is the story of a girl named Y/N and a boy named Harry Styles. They start off as best friends and are close. (But not as close as Harry and Loui...
5.9K 155 26
They had it all, which made it all too easy to lose it all. After an illegal relationship, and a whole lot of tragedy, and a new life for both of the...
He Saved Me Oleh LaraCox

Fiksi Penggemar

11.8K 201 25
an abused girl with two friends make their way to a one direction concert. the girl has been abused and put down all her life. but when she meets Har...