Brandy Creek (Book One Comple...

By EluTalaAngeni

Natalie Kotov is a 20 year old women, who has had enough experience in violence for multiple life times. She... More

The Courthouse (Part 1)
Learning about the end (Part 2)
Prepare (Part 3)
Trust (Part 4)
Trust and Guns (Part 5)
Saving the Nanny (Part 6)
Alpha one (Part 7)
Welcome to Brandy Creek (Part 8)
Uncle Adam (Part 9)
Better then a jail cell (Part 10)
On the move already (Part 11)
Looting from the dead isn't stealing (Part 12)
Finding Sarah (Part 13)
Alpha three - The Doctor (Part 14)
The first round (Part 15)
Elementary (Part 16)
The first night (Part 17)
Meeting more of the teams (Part 18)
Alpha Three (Part 19)
(Part 20)
(Part 21)
(Part 22)
(Part 23)
(Part 24)
(Part 25)
(Part 26)
Shadow (Part 27)
(Part 29)
(Part 30)
(Part 31)
(Part 32)
Bravo one (Part 33)
(Part 34)
(Part 35)
(Part 36)
(Part 37)
(Part 38)
(Part 39)
(Part 40)
(Part 41)
(Part 42)
Alpha one (The End)

(Part 28)

694 38 7
By EluTalaAngeni

Natalie

I watch Anthony tense and relax several times as I tease him. He's trying not to reach out, I can tell by how his hands are clenched into fists. I don't completely understand why he's holding back, I'm more then willing to let him touch me. I watch him swallow, he had said maybe he did want more, I didn't full believe that. But I could be wrong, maybe he did want a relationship. Did I? Not really. I have been alone for so long, and I've gotten used to it. Sure I've had my aunt and a few "work" colleagues, they weren't close relationships though. I never shared intimate thoughts or details of my life with them, they knew the basics and never more.

"I'm not sure if I would be good for a relationship." I admit to him, leaning forward a little more putting our faces only a handful of inches away. He leans in a little, bringing his hand up to run his knuckle softly on my chin.

A shuffling sound catches my attention, barley there, outside in what I'd guess is the main room. Anthony doesn't seem to hear it, the shuffling I'm quickly picking up to be foot steps. Anthony is moving a little closer, I tilt my head and his face finds my neck. I grab his hand as it unfurls to cup my face. I hear something else, the whisper of voices, to far to hear who's talking let alone whats being said.

Anthony moves to grab my face tighter, bringing his face up to mine. I have to stop his motions and say in a very low whisper. "There are people here."

This gets his attention and he jerks himself away, I move, slipping my backpack off and putting it under the desk. I didn't want the extra bulk when dealing with live people when I didn't know about their intentions. I pull out a throwing knife just in case, palming it just behind my body as I quickly and quietly move out of the office. With Anthony behind me I move up to the edge of the main office area, hearing the footsteps a little farther I slowly make my way into the entry room.

There's a man between the middle school and high school entry rooms, facing into the high school, a few steps into that entry way. I move closer, noting the dirty flannel he's wearing one shoulder of it hanging down to show a stained white tank top. He has on ratty boots, warn dirty jeans and a older hunting shot gun in his hands. He keeps shuffling, his shoulder moving up to rub the side of his face. If I had to guess by the gaunt look, the ashy skin with the very patchy, messy hair, I'd guess hes on something or addicted to something.

"We are just here to help people who want the help." I hear Mato say in a way to calm voice. I've heard him with a monotone voice, a angry voice, this was neither of those. It was a calm soothing sort of voice, one you'd use with a person on the edge.

"We dunt want no help." The accent is thick with the person talking. The definition of a southern backwoods accent. I heard him give a loud sniff and spit to the side. "S'pecially from some mil-ah-tree asshole."

"Then we can both go our own ways." Mato says.

I hear a tsking and a boyish creepy laughter. I don't think that was from the man talking, and it wasn't from the man in front of me. A third man maybe? I motion for Anthony, pointing to him and then the man in front of me and signing. 'Hold him?'

I made a finger gun up to my head and put my forearm around my neck for good measure, he nodded getting the idea. I would do it but the guy is pushing six foot, to tall for me to effectively hold him hostage. The man from before begins speaking as Anthony and I switch spots. "Nah, the way I sees it, there be more of us then you. We just gon' take your shit and maybe well let yous live."

I had to roll my eyes at that. So original.

Anthony jumped out, grabbing the man around the neck in a choke hold and held his handgun to his temple. At the same moment he jumped out I moved around the edge, pointing my own gun at the man across the room from us. I speak loudly and clearly before these ass hats can freak out. "No one move, no one shoot a gun."

The man behind the counter looks like a older version of the guy Anthony has in his arms. Dirt covered, scrawny with a old hunting rifle half ass pointed at Mato's gut. The man across the entry way from me is a little cleaner, with wild blond hair and a face that clearly has been in fights way to many times. I don't think he won any of those fights.

The men all looked shocked to see me, the one with Mato glances towards his friend with a gun to his head, to Anthony and back to me. "That's right." I say holding my pistol steadily at his other friend. "Put your gun down slowly or all of you are going to die."

"You little bitch aint gon' be able to kill us." He spits out. Was the fact that I was a women to much for him? As he raises the gun I let the knife hidden in my left hand fly, at the same moment I pull the trigger. The one across from me drops, screaming and holding his shoulder that's gushing blood. The one next to Mato drops his gun and starts screaming as well at the sight of my throwing knife in his wrist.

Glancing over to Anthony I see that he has knocked down the last one, and has zip-tips in his hands. I leave him to tie him up. Mato is taking the hunting rifle, unloading and breaking it apart, I move over to the young guy and give his gun the same treatment.

"You really threw a knife at a guy who had a gun on me?" Mato asks angrily and loudly.

"His hand was on the stock, fully." I say back to him and shrug at his angry face. "Which means his finger was no where near the trigger."

Anthony moves over to the one screaming about his shot shoulder, who is also calling me a bunch of names. With a little finesse he manages to get him zip-tied, and I tie a ragged shirt around his shoulder wound to stop the bleeding a little. It was just a graze, taking out a hunk of flesh on his upper arm just under his shoulder. Mato had given me back my knife, and made the ring leader hold his wrist with his own bunched up shirt. But his ankles were sip-tied together.

"So what are we going to do with them?" I ask Mato. He scrubs a hand over his face leaving a smear of blood behind. "I mean, I can kill them fast or slow."

Mato scowls at my suggestion, the men who are now tied up on the ground are struggling. Anthony shoves the young one down and starts dragging him next to the other one. Mato sighs looking over the three men. "We wont kill them, not yet anyway."

The three are clearly on drugs or have done quite a bit of them. I look them over as Anthony drags the ring leader over to the two other men. I crouch near that one palming my throwing knife. The look on his face comical, both scared and angry. He hates me, but he fears me, of course it only took me three seconds to take two of them out without actually killing them. Which makes me think. "Is it just the three of you?"

The ring leader of the group decides to spit in my face. I close my eyes as the grossness hits my chin and neck. I take that moment to count to ten before opening my eyes. Mato is over next to Anthony, and all he says in warning is. "Spider."

He probably doesn't want me to kill them, so I give the ring leader one good punch to his throat. Leaving him choking and clutching his windpipe I stand and look towards Mato who's watching Anthony as he signs.

"Do you know ASL?" I ask Mato.

"I know enough." He says back watching Anthony, he waves at him to get him to stop. "Okay, okay I get your point. I'm going to let her do it."

I perk up smiling at the both of them. "Do what?"

The young one on the end without any wounds starts struggling, I put my foot on the middle of his back and put almost all my weight on his back. Mato moves to the counter, crossing his arms. "I want to see what information you can get from them, and what questions you ask."

Anthony starts signing furiously and Mato sneers. "No. If they had just come in here and asked for supply's, we would have helped them and sent them on their way. They came in here to rob us, they held me at gun point and threaten to kill me. I'm letting her show me what she can do."

My mood went up with that, I'd normally like to think I'm a sane individual. I couldn't lie to myself though, torturing people for information is a very dark part of myself but I love it. It's not a sexual thing, its more like I can get out all of my anger and stress without hurting people who don't deserve it. I really need this right now with everything going on.

Turning to Anthony I ask him. "Can you go get my bag please?"

He throws his hands into the air, turns and leaves towards the middle school area. He didn't seem to happy about this. So I turn to Mato questioningly, he shakes his head. "Bravo team mostly did rescue missions, Alpha did the dirty stuff. They aren't used to the dark side of things."

The dark side of things can be argued if they had killed people, but I wont bring it up. I turn my attention to the men at my feet, the ring leader had managed to crawl a few feet and I tsked. "I'm going to call you hank." I say walking over to his feet, he's trying to speed up his movements, and cussing me out. I grab him by his ankles and give him a tug. "I'll call the shot one Bobby, and the other one can be Dale."

I laugh at my own little joke. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445 79 32
In the year 2022, in the tropical country of Suriname. After the Trunibal Zombie Virus destroyed the world. Two young boys with dark pasts roam the u...
1.1M 74.9K 39
(Book 3) After a shocking betrayal by someone close to her, Bailey finds herself taken by the mercenaries and handed over to an even worse group of m...
195K 9.6K 81
The zombie apocalypse is coming. A scientist at the CDC has that terrifying realization when infected victims start displaying the symptoms predicte...
7.4K 1K 34
As a scout for what remains of the government in a post-outbreak world, Merryn is sent to investigate an old naval supply depot in a nearby city but...