The Legendary Forest

By legendaryfever

How far will you go to bring peace to your kingdom? How far will you go to protect your newly beloved? ~~ Whe... More

Main Characters and Other Info
Rewrite Chapter 1
Rewrite Chapter 2
Rewrite Chapter 3
Rewrite Chapter 4
Rewrite Chapter 5:
Rewrite Chapter 6
Rewrite Chapter 7
Rewrite Chapter 8
Rewrite Chapter 9
Rewrite Chapter 10
Rewrite 11
Rewrite Chapter 12
Chapter 13 Rewrite
Chapter 14 Rewrite
Chapter 15 Rewrite
Chapter 16 Rewrite
Rewrite Chapter 18
19 rewrite
A Flash to the Past
Rewrite Chapter 20
Rewrite chapter 21
Rewrite Chapter 22
Rewrite Chapter 23
~Part 2~
NL: Chapter 1
NL: Chapter 2
NL: Chapter 3
NL: Chapter 4
NL: Chapter 5
NL: Chapter 6
NL: Chapter 7
NL: Chapter 8
NL: Chapter 9
NL: Chapter 10
NL: 11
NL 12
NL 13
NL: 14
NL: 15
NL: 16
NL: 17
NL: 18
NL 19
NL 20
Legendary Forest Chronicles PART 3

Chapter 17 Rewrite

1 0 0
By legendaryfever

Chapter 17: The Queen's Ideal Vacation

The twins stared at each other and couldn't believe what their mother had just planned.

Niderudion saw their mother walking away and before she was out of sight he called, "Wait!  Mother!"

She turned back around, softening her eyes and looked at them, "It will be fine.  Trust me." She closed her eyes as if to recall a memory, "I went over to their kingdom all the time when I was younger."

"Mother you can't be serious though!" The prince exclaimed quite loudly causing the attention of several servants to wonder what was going on.

"Sweet Nideru, you worry too much." Queen Midnira gently lays her hand on her son's shoulder. "It will be fine, trust me.  We all deserve a break."

"Doesn't that place hurt us?" Princess Novaliera desperately asked as well.

The queen smiled at their desperation and sighed, "I have the right magic to be able to help us."

"Please Mother!" He cried out desperately, "Anywhere else I'd go without a fight." He put his hands together and for the first time in his life he was actually begging her.

Usually he just snap his fingers or point in a direction and some servant would please him in a way he prefers.

"Lift up, you are causing terrible rumors to spread." The queen muttered lowly, "Niderudion I never see her.  Besides they only have this festival every two to three years."

"It's outrageous!" He exclaimed,  "Reedins might be there and we might get attacked."

"Mother... Nideru," The princess looked worried at both of the ones she cherished, "Stop fighting."

"Sorry Novalie, but I am making a point." The prince lowered his head, "At that kingdom if the reedins attack us, we cannot heal automatically because we are at that light kingdom.  It hurts our magic and make it impossible to do anything."

"Nakosir," The queen called and looked to see Nakosir who was leaning back at his post.  "You will be going to Narvidian with us, right?  Just in case anyone dares to attack them." She smiles.

Nakosir walks up and looks away, "Well I uh... That is a long trip, Your Majesty.  I don't think I be able to survive that long without um... Your Majesty my siblings would certainly miss-"

He frets trying to come up with an excuse because what Esperon in the right mind would want to go there?

Niderudion knowing this smiled, "Mother, Nakosir would love to go." The prince grins at his knight.  Nakosir looked at him with widen eyes and glared at him.

"We will leave tomorrow.  I'll see you then." The queen nodded her head and walked back to her quarters.

As soon as she was out of site Nakosir looked at the prince with a frown, "Why did you tell her that I wanted to go?!" He exclaimed.

Niderudion played dumb and looked at him, "What?  Oh... You mean going?  I thought you wanted to.  You had this expression that looked like you were saying 'oh please I just can't wait to go.'  It would be good for you anyways,"  The prince grins at his knight.

"Oh moons, you knew I hate that!" Nakosir sulked, "Anyone would.  Besides when I found out that Her Majesty was having a vacation for the three of you then I was thinking about taking some time off to spend some time with my two sisters."

"Oh no." Niderudion shook his head, "You are definitely coming, I'd hate for them to suffer.  Plus your pain is more enjoyable.  If I have to then so do you." The prince grinned smugly and then let out a long sigh.

The prince walked over by a window and looked out as his kingdom.  Everything here was his to own, to take, or to enjoy.  He'd had the power to do whatever he wished.

The worst part of everything is that he wouldn't be able to see his princess during his stay at that kingdom.  Lately whenever he has been separated from her, he felt restless and anxious.  Maybe he could ask her to come too?  The prince shook his head, no he couldn't do that.  She might get hurt or sick by coming.

Suddenly the prince's eyes lit up, he should tell his princess what was going on.  He looked behind him and saw Nakosir and his sister talking.

"I'm glad you are coming too, Naki." Niderudion suddenly turned to hear his sister say that to him.  Maybe he should warn her about him, but then again he knew Novalie could handle herself.  She is strong like that.

"Novalie?" He walked over and asked a bit irritated.

"Is there something wrong, Nideru?" She asked him with her hands together.

"If people see you being too friendly with him it could cause a scandal." The prince laughed dryly, "We don't actually know him outside of his oath to protect and fight for us."

"Scandal?  How?" The princess looked confused.  "Naki been with us for years."

"Never mind, just try to think for yourself too." Niderudion frowned and sighed, "What's Naki?"

"I wasn't thinking," She lowered her head, "but are we going to go to that kingdom anyways?"

"We have to." The prince sighed, "Maybe we could sneak off into the forest when none is around."

"Nideru, I know you are irritated with the circumstances, but I really don't want you to worry anymore.  Though, I noticed something was bothering you." Novaliera looks up, "I'll understand, you know." She smiled at her brother, trying to comfort him.

The prince ignored her curiosity and replied, "When we turn eighteen in three years, I'll promise that we both will rule this kingdom and our kingdom will be in the best era it has ever had.  I'll ban every reedin from entering our kingdom and until then we'll practice fighting the darkened souls."

The princess smiled, "Yes!  Together we will show them."

He returned his sister's smiled, "For now I'm going to practice just more in case reedins show up.  If someone causes any problems to us when we are there, I'll show them what it truly means to be an Esperon."

She clapped her hands, "Nideru, go.  Go and practice.  I'll be waiting eagerly for your return." The princess lowered her head.

Nothing will happen to himself, he promised to himself.

Naricelissa was still in the forest and was debating whether she should leave or not.  The prince previously had already left to go hear something Her Majesty had to say.  She hoped everything was alright.  She might have had arguments with her brother, but she still would never wish ill will on him.  They just had personalities that didn't always matched up.

He apologized and she chose to accept it.

She closed her eyes and wondered what she was doing.  Maybe she was just foolish to do that.  What if when she finally left, he comes back.

What if he is dealing with something important and because she left, he couldn't tell it to anyone but the trees.

I'd be jealous of those trees then.

Suddenly a voice broke her thoughts, "Hey Narissa." He says smiling sadly.

"Back already?  Hope you didn't miss me too much," She grins as he gives him a hug.

"Not too much, but I found out dear mother wanted us to have a break from everything and go somewhere together." He says, not meeting her eye.

"Oh, is that good then?" Naricelissa asked hopefully.

"She wanted to visit her friend."  Niderudion spat in disgust, "Mother's friend is from the Narvidian Kingdom." He stated and it was like a knife struck her.

Niderudion's princess' eyes widen.

"Then you won't be able to practice or..." The vision wielder gathered her thoughts before continuing, "That place would make you sick by staying there!  How could Her Majesty do that to you?" She exclaimed.

"She is making us go to the kingdom's festival for a few days.  I can't even imagine one, but two or three days?!" He sighed.  Naricelissa latched her arms around him as she pressed her head into him.

"The Narvidian kingdom is the brightest kingdom with light that shines directly on it.  Your Kingdom is the opposite as it comes from the moon, Niderudion." She tells him calmly, "That is why it is our greatest weakness in a way.  If something happens to you over there, then I fear for your life."

"I won't die, my princess." He removes his concealer, kissing her cheek, "I know it is sickly, but that is something I promise you."

"Her Majesty shouldn't do that.  Did my brother not say anything?" Naricelissa asked.

The prince made an amused expression, "About that..." He laughed, "Your brother was trying to find some excuse rambling to mother and because he was taking so long I told her that Nakosir would love to go."

Naricelissa burst into pits of laughter, "Oh he'll love that.  Maybe he'll irritate you, Her Highness, and Her Majesty to death that they leave him there."

Niderudion smiled, "The reason mother was wondering if he was going was because we were trying to come up with excuses on why we shouldn't go." He laughed remembering, "He was so annoyed when I told mother that though."

Naricelissa shook her head smiling, "That is too funny."

"Yeah," He stared into her eyes and whispered, "Did I ever tell you how beautiful the moon's light makes you."

She looks away shyly, "I... Stop, please Nideru!"

"Face me, my princess.  You have nothing to be embarrassed about," He brings her chin up, "You don't know every moment I am without you that I feel restless or anxious.  Every day I yearn for only you.  I'll miss you when I'm at that wretched kingdom, my princess." He whispers in her ear and puts his arm around the girl.

Naricelissa felt her cheeks heat up.

Every word he spoke made her head dizzy and her heart leap filled with only joy.

"Nideru!" She smiles at him.

"I really love you, my princess." He leans into her once more, kissing her softly.

"I love you too," She whispers and stared into his dark midnight-blue eyes as she kisses him.  The prince pulls her closer by wrapping his arms around her to close the distance even more.

She suddenly looked away and her cheeks were filled with redness.  She was nervous, yet she loved him.  She bit down on her bottom lip and looked away.  "I.. I should go," She muttered.

He couldn't just let her leave like that.  He stepped in front of her and held her arms gently, "You can't just leave me hanging."

"I'm sorry, it's just that I..." She looked down avoiding his gaze.

"What is it, my princess?" He felt and caressed her cheeks with his hand, "The words you breathe will be kept and never be breathed by another soul."

"I can't imagine that this is real.  I feel that one day I'm going to wake up and I'll be stuck into an endless, dark nightmare," She mumbled.

"Then find me in the nightmare and I'll come save you." The prince purred as he began to enveloped her lips and kiss her softly.  Naricelissa leaned into him and hoped it wouldn't ever end.

"I'm going to miss you," Naricelissa tells her prince and they both kiss once more while Niderudion can only think how he loves her.  He kisses her more when he notices the waving-crescent moon starting to rise.

To him, she was his everything and he was going to miss her.

He was going to miss her a lot.

AN//

Guys it's that time of year where it is International Asexually Day!  As an Ace, I am proud to be asexual and I totally forgot it was today until I checked all my socials.

Remember it doesn't always have to physical but instead attraction

- Legendx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 127 56
A war between two kingdoms cause chaos all over the world and it tears each kingdom apart piece by piece. The east, having problems with their consec...
40.2K 1.7K 37
A Queen and a King from different empires Join forces through Consensual marriage. A brave, courageous (maybe evil) queen Meets, A shy, introverted...
85 18 12
What if dreams really could come true? What if fairy tales could come true? And you will become their main character? Once a girl named Aislinn had a...
8K 1K 186
PART I | "Are you really a queen if your world is in ruins?" | In the wake of a devastating attack that reduces her palace to ruins, Sera's only re...